[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Eureka Seven just got a film trilogy announced. Can we at le

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

File: EurekaSeven-Movie-Trilogy-Visual.jpg (119KB, 1200x565px) Image search: [Google]
EurekaSeven-Movie-Trilogy-Visual.jpg
119KB, 1200x565px
Eureka Seven just got a film trilogy announced. Can we at least hope for something to make up for Bones curse of sequels?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K58XkZPqCjo
>>
Bones is only bad when they write things themselves. As long as someone else wrote it, it'll be fine
>>
>>154754188
What the fuck are you talking about? BONES is just a studio
>>
>>154754140
>Can we at least hope for something to make up for Bones curse of sequels?
You do realize that all those sequels shared the same staff right with the only difference between them were the writers which rotated going back to the original.
>>
>>154754387
I did not realize, but that has been corrected. I am now suitably hyped.
>>
Best case scenario they retcon AO.
>>
>>154754140
The ride never ends.
>>
File: 1434752640982.png (425KB, 486x495px) Image search: [Google]
1434752640982.png
425KB, 486x495px
I honestly have zero faith on them for this.
>>
>>154757187
Yeah it's hard to get excited. I didn't even get 4 episodes into AO. Heard some people say the ending makes up for the mess but I doubt it.
>>
>>154757559
ehh.. kinda
>>
>>154757559
>Heard some people say the ending makes up for the mess but I doubt it.
You fucking what mate the first part of the show was probably the best and it was only downhill from there. The ending and everything leading up to it was a pile of hot steamy garbage that shouldn't really exist.
>>
>>154757642
They did kinda fix the ending now, at least for Ao himself and some of the new cast, not anything else though.
>>
I don't even remember what happened in Ao. All I remember is that the story was so bad that I subconsciously and consciously tried to erase it from my memory so that the original canon was the only thing that ever existed. I remember the nice designs and music, but pretty much nothing else. Also Fleur was best girl and should have won the Ao.
>>
>>154758257
Ao beat up another robot with his robot's arm, that was pretty neat.

But yeah other than that I feel the same way.
>>
>>154757559
The ending completely shits on the whole original series.
>>
>>154757559

The ending doesn't do shit.

The entire show is garbage and mired in the formulaic nature of old eva-clones whilst ALSO having all of the garbage tropes that are so prevalent in modern anime today.

ANY fucking property based on E7 should be a love story between a boy and a girl on a weird sci-fi planet with surfing robots and cool music. That's specific, but it gives you enough wiggle room to do something different or interesting.

What you don't fucking need is a direct sequel based on EARTH with Eva angels, 10+ cute girl side character, and le cocky arrogant bishonen villain. Light novel bullshit attached to a property that most people regard as something truly special because even then, 10 years later, it was unique. Also why not fuck up the happy ending of established characters from the original which completely goes against everything that its themes meant to convey, thus tarnishing the original in the process?

I mean for fuck's sake, how can anyone fuck up so badly? E7 AO is an affront, 24 episodes of pure insult.
>>
>>154758483
Man this jogs some memories for me. Memories of fucking rage. Great now I'm really pissed off.
>>
>>154758580

E7 AO is magical.

It was underwhelming and absurd upon first viewing. A sort of "I don't care" response amounting from suffering from this disappointment for half a year already.

It just gets worse and more ridiculous the more times you look back at it, after the fact.

An entire team of, I assume, experienced animators contributed to make this garbage. At no point did someone speak up and say "hey guys this is absolute shit""

Any casual viewer could have written a better screenplay than they did, the show already resembles bad fanfiction.
>>
>>154758683
And now I remember the OVA. After my viewing it felt like simply boring, but thinking back on it, it was some terrible shit. The animation was QUALITY as hell. At times it felt like some sort of amateur fan music video.
>>
>>154758483
>The entire show is garbage and mired in the formulaic nature of old eva-clones whilst ALSO having all of the garbage tropes that are so prevalent in modern anime today.
Are you describing E7 or AO?
>>
What exactly is this? Like a Eva Rebuild/Madoka trilogy?
They are going to retcon AO right?
>>
>>154758257
>Also Fleur was best girl and should have won the Ao.
She very well might have after the new OVA ending.
>>
>>154754140

>Bones is going to try and destroy my childhood for a third time

t-thanks
>>
>>154754140
2016 was the year of meme magic, we should still have enough left over to guarantee that one or two of the movies are good.
>>
>>154756296
>>154760776

already happened last month
>>
>>154761466
Nani?
>>
>>154761671
They released a new episode in 5 separate parts.

It filled in some of the blanks and elaborated on the ending, making it less of a complete waste of time.
>>
>>154760776
Best guess atm is a prequel, a retelling, and a sequel.
>>
How is this anime?
>>
>>154762754
14 year old me loved it and I haven't rewatched it since but it's nice. kinda drags in the middle and the ending is rushed (due to being re-written) but it has great music and the surfing robots are honestly still awesome to this day. just stay away from the movie and AO.
>>
I don't know how to feel about this. I guess I'll keep my hype in check for now and hope that Dai Sato can write a story that knocks it out of the park.
>>
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-03-17/eureka-seven-gets-film-trilogy-set-a-decade-earlier-with-new-hardfloor-song/.113546
>>
File: 1462605372498.jpg (180KB, 728x696px) Image search: [Google]
1462605372498.jpg
180KB, 728x696px
>>154764099
>Dai Sato can write a story that knocks it out of the park.
>>
>>154764153
>with-new-hardfloor-song
Well, at least they know where the worth in E7 is.
>>
>E7 was good
>E7 movie was terrible
>E7 sequel series was terrible
>E7 movie series will be ???
>>
File: 1476710482636.jpg (16KB, 187x231px) Image search: [Google]
1476710482636.jpg
16KB, 187x231px
>>154768205
>E7 was good
>>
File: watamote.png (122KB, 521x483px) Image search: [Google]
watamote.png
122KB, 521x483px
>>154769180
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.