[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The ending made no sense. Anyone who says otherwise is just grasping

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

The ending made no sense. Anyone who says otherwise is just grasping at straws to defend an overrated show.
>>
Prove it
>>
>>154744509

the whole last episode made no sense.
>>
shit anime with SHIT ending
>>
File: 1461807370897.jpg (57KB, 530x800px) Image search: [Google]
1461807370897.jpg
57KB, 530x800px
>>154744509
Made me feel, good enough for me.
>>
>>154744509
AB is overrated, sure. But it's not absolute trash like many /a/nons would like to believe.
>>
>>154744509

It was stupid but more enjoyable than Charlotte. I want an SoL spinoff with this cast.
>>
>>154744509
I have never heard anybody do so in my life. The show it's a solid 10/10 till episode 8 though.
>>
AB was ok at best. A little overrated, but I don't think its fair to say its a bad anime.

The constant emotion-baiting got a little tiresome, and it was not paced particularly well.
>>
>>154744509
Clannad is even worse.
>>
>>154744509
I didn't get any feels from the ending, but probably because my friends kept telling me it was going to make me cry, so I subconciously set up internal defenses.
How was Kanade dead before orange hair dude but the recipient of donor heart? Was he in some sort of stasis state prior to entering that world? I can't remember if they explained or not.
>>
>>154749892
I always wondered this and is the reason why I think the ending kinda sucked. Bit of an ass pull if you ask me.
>>
>>154744509
the only thing i will defend is the opening and its song
>>
File: otonashi playing kinect.gif (438KB, 258x165px) Image search: [Google]
otonashi playing kinect.gif
438KB, 258x165px
>>154744509
>Grasping at straws
>>
>>154749693
The "mechanics" of it are not the point. The show explains everything you need to understand on the thematic level. The treatment of the supernatural in the show is similar to any other magical realism story.
>>
i only liked that one episode with that pink haired girl doing german suplexes. then things got weird with all the "shadows" or whatever they were
>>
>>154752401
Episodes 1 and 2 were the peak of the show, unfortunately.
>>
>>154744509
Rewatch it
>>
Angel Beats Heaven's Door has ended with 77 chapters (about 40 chapters translated).

True Arc begins.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-10-30/angel-beats-heaven-door-manga-ends-new-manga-of-true-arc-starts-in-2017/.108274
>>
>>154749892
>>154751097
>>154744509

I assume this is what you're talking about, OP. Yes, the anime never explicitly explains how that is possible, most likely due to having its episodes cut at the last minute.

The most common theory, however, is that Otonoshi's soul went to some purgatory-esque place for a number of years while it waited for Kanade to die and be reborn in the AB world. This waiting around would also be what caused him to lose his memories before finally being reborn in AB world.

The other theory is that its the afterlife and fate so they aint gotta explain shit.
>>
>>154744509
you could say the same about Clannad
>>
>>154755567
One "leading" theory is the anachronistic theory. Basically, people shoved into the Afterlife, regardless of when they died, are stuck in a place where time doesn't matter. I remember Yuri commenting in Heaven's Door that the school is stuck in an endless summer, and that should conveniently explain why Kanade showed up earlier despite getting Yuzuru's heart.

By the way, what the fuck is going on with the Angel Beats LNs?
>>
>>154757774
Yeah thats pretty much what I was referring to with "aint gotta explain shit".

I have yet to read the LN or manga, and lord knows if the VNs are ever going to actually get released. Maeda being in the hospital probably doesnt help either.
>>
>>154757979
>aint gotta explain shit

Why would you explain it? If you do, then people can't argue about it on the internet. That's half the fun.
>>
>>154755567
I never hear this theory but

Otanashi is wearing NPC clothes on arrival. He didn't have to be in Purgatory, he just had to be an NPC up until episode one.
>>
ok
>>
>>154757523
At least Clannads ending is fully developed in the VN. We don't have anything to go with yet for AB.

>>154758024
True, but explaining allows the actual fans of the series to have some closure at least. And lets be real here, they could explain everything and we'd still argue over it.

>>154758066
They all spawn with NPC clothing, the only reason the gang has different uniforms is because they made them themselves to rebel.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.