[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Light Novel Discussion Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 6

How do you guys encourage people who watch anime to read the light novel?
>>
Is the Index LN really worth reading?
Is it well written at all?
I'd like to catch up on the actual story instead of reading the wiki like an utter pleb but I can't help but feel like it's a waste of time.
>>
>>154741996
>Is it well written at all?
You read LNs because they're fun, not because they're written well.
>>
>>154741996
As >>154742092 said it's not exactly masterful prose but it has good world building and is fun to read. So in a sense yes it's "worth" reading because why would you read something for it's merit and not because it's something you enjoy doing?
>>
File: IMG_20170318_165708.jpg (1MB, 2448x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170318_165708.jpg
1MB, 2448x2448px
I started reading the LN about 8 months ago.. up to Vol 6.. so many words.. not enough pictures.. it's hard
>>
File: 1372511146292.jpg (46KB, 640x476px) Image search: [Google]
1372511146292.jpg
46KB, 640x476px
>>154742294
>reading Yen Press
>>
>>154741996

>Is it well written at all?

Lowewr your expectations.

Otherwise all of Od Testament (up to volume 22) is very much worth a read. What follows is New Testament, and here you might like it or nor, but personally I find it a waste of time with a couple of interesting things here and there.
>>
>>154742396
NT is overall a better read than OT with fewer dry stretches
>>
File: anime-girl-questionmark.jpg (176KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
anime-girl-questionmark.jpg
176KB, 1280x1024px
>>154742363
what is YenPress like MangaFox?
>>
>>154742570
Yen Press is terrible for their habit of licencing shit to scare off fantranslators and then deciding to just delay their series constantly so they release maybe one volume in each series per year, not even getting into how meh their translations are.

It's better than nothing but Index in particular already has solid translations.
>>
Not index but it's a light novel thread so I'll bring it up anyway. Everyone should read Kore wa Zombie, even if you watched the anime it's really fun because Deen fucked it up hard. I'm not kidding when I say this but Deen actually went out of their way to make characters worse, particularly Sera. In the LN Sera is a gentle older sister type character who sometimes insults Ayumu as a joke, it's never serious. In the anime they removed all gentleness/sisterlyness from her character and just made her a rude bitch. They also tripled the size of her tits and gave her resting bitch face. If you like harem shit the KoreZombie LN is one of the best, all the girls are great, the anime is unbelievably worse.
>>
>>154741996
It's written in the same way the series is. Maybe with a few more details about world building and all that stuff. Basically don't expect anything better than the series.
>>
>>154742478
This.
>>
>>154742667
I still don't like Sera anyway, but this guy here gets it. The Korean Zombie LN is some really great stuff.
Too bad the translations are basically stalled now.
>>
>>154741327
All the people I've tried to get into light novels turned out to be illiterate. Not sure why illiterate people are drawn to anime at such a high rate. They are the same people that insist on dubs and wont read the source materials under any circumstances. Last guy I tried talking to was a high school drop out. Even if it's a show they really like just the thought of reading turns them off.
>>
I have more faith in light novels becoming big over visual novels, thats for sure.
>>
Anyone looking to discuss LN should also check out the discords because 4chan just doesn't have a huge LN community. I would be happy to share japanese raws from amazon if you find me on the LN discord.
>>
>>154743460
Don't people have to talk to each other using their own voices on Discord?
>>
>>154743387
Visual novels don't really need to get big since they're generally self contained.
>>
>>154743586
You can type it's like joining a skype group, still not sure why you wouldn't just make a thread instead of joining a secret club of autists though
>>
>>154743586
Yea, weeds out the autist and the people that don't know what they are talking about and ends with better conversations.
>>
>>154743635
>wouldn't just make a thread

No one on 4chan cares about LN, we probably have the smallest LN community.
>>
>>154743684
I'd still rather find a couple anons to talk to than the same "Agathor" "Waifuman" and "Jerry" autists every day though. I have friends for that and if I didn't I could find non anon autists at some anime club
>>
>>154743684
The Raildex LN community isn't small. Then again it's likely the largest LN fanbase here.
>>
>>154743737
You seem to be mistaken autists don't use voice chat.

>>154743791
But that's only for one series, very few people here are caught up on all the dengeki/MF/GA series. It would be like saying anime is big because there are a lot of naturo fans.
>>
>>154743684
I don't think so. I think 4chan has a relatively large userbase that reads LN regularly. At least comparing with other "popular" places that talk about this kind of thing.
>>
>>154743862
Where in that did I specify that it had to be over voice? I don't go to animesuki either, I like anons.
>>
>>154743862
Very few people in Japan are caught up with every title even one company like dengeki releases.
>>
>>154743460
There's a fair amount of Light/Webnovel fags on /a/, though. They're just so spread out between tons of works that a thread for a single work doesn't live long unless it's popular stuff like Raildex or Mushoku Tensei. Which is why we have those occasional "LNs in general" threads or just hijack the current Mushoku Tensei/Kumo Desu Ga thread.
>>
>>154743647
What if someone is an autist who knows what he's talking about?
>>
>>154743955
Yea but most people are caught up with the major works. I'm caught up with ero manga sensei, unbreakable machine doll, TnZ, oregairu, Re;Zero, konosuba and so on. But if I start talking about the parts where I am in the books people start crying about spoilers. 4chan is tourist level LN discussion mainly linked to the current events in the anime.
>>
>>154742632

How the fuck do you know?
>>
>>154744120
Then fucking ignore them who cares if some aren't caught up it's their fault, if no one talks to you after that it just means no one is caught up at all and you have no peers
>>
I like reading chinkshit
>>
>>154743862
>very few people here are caught up on all the dengeki/MF/GA series
What can we do? The majority (including me) can't read moon runes and it's hard to find translations on light novels because the translators seem to be afraid of the ln being lincesed.
>>
>>154744177
Do I know what, that their translations are mediocre? I've looked into it and people on both sides of the argument. The delays are self evident.
>>
>>154744120
I guess "waaah spoilers" is for newer series. In Raildex threads not even people who admit to being either anime only or way behind in the novels complain about spoilers. In fact they often ask to spoiled. Yet "weh spoilers" are common in other series
>>
>>154744186
>>154744263

I don't want to give book readers/japanese readers a bad rep by spoiler if no one is even discussing it with me. Also some series like Ero Manga Sensei and Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasuka don't even have anime released yet so it can be seriously spoiler.
>>
>>154744304
That sounds like a you problem
>>
People who cry over spoilers should just kill themselves. It's their own fault for having such a weak ability to enjoy things regardless of whether they know what comes next.
>>
File: 438.jpg (134KB, 1600x894px) Image search: [Google]
438.jpg
134KB, 1600x894px
>>154744304
I don't even have to read Ero Manga to know that the main guy is going to end up with his sister.
>>
>>154744304
If it has a source material, the anime threads will be full of spoilers anyway regardless of what you to do. It always happens.
>>
>>154744304
I'd refrain from posting too much about a LN with an upcoming anime outside a thread with a big spoiler warning in OP. If anyone comes into the thread and whines, point them to the OP and call them a moron. If this thread dies quickly, no one else cares/is caught up enough to discuss it with you
>>
>>154744465
>"Sister"
>NBR
Fucking bullshit.
>>
>>154744480
Most people use spoiler tags anyway
>>
>>154744336
I don't have a problem, I'm just being considerate. I just wish more people took LN seriously, from my perspective 4chan is tourist level LN discussion, even on /jp/, which sadly always ends up being a begging thread.

>>154744422
I agree, but if the material isn't even out in anything but japanese and the anime doesn't release until next season I could see why people would be upset at someone like me spoiling something like ero manga sensei.

>>154744465
;_; I believe in ELF

>>154744493
I know, I didn't make this thread though. I stopped making LN threads on /a/ a while ago.

>>154744527
This BMW
Blood
Memories
Wo~nichan moe

ELF MUST WIN
>>
>>154744579
Come on now, look at the author of the series. There's not much to believe on.
>>
>>154744763
serious spoilers and you might be wrong.

Brother gets rejected in the first book and sister tells him there is someone she likes, he decided he will love her but only as a brother, he wants a family member not a cum rag because their parents died and he is afraid of losing his last family member, also sagiri has pushed him to date/hang out with the other girls because she knows that her hikkimori ways prevent them dating in the classical sense. Also brother and sister have this really sad co-dependence, brother doesn't want sagiri to stop being a hikki because he is afraid of her dying like their parents. He is afraid he wont be able to say okaeri to another family member if they leave the house, and sagiri doesn't want to leave the house for similar reasons, for all the humor in the book, it's actually kind of dark.
>>
File: 78658767878687.png (762KB, 768x544px) Image search: [Google]
78658767878687.png
762KB, 768x544px
>>154743862
Raildex threads have also been used as threads for the other Kamachi LNs (Heavy Object, Simple Series, Killer Queen, Zashiki Warashi, Waltraute, Blood Sign, Boo Boo, Zombie vs Vampire) since none of the other works have ongoing adaptations. Part of the problem is even people reading LNs don't really notice threads for non-isekai or anything without at least a manga.
>>
>>154744304
>I don't want to give book readers/japanese readers a bad rep by spoiler if no one is even discussing it with me.
Shit dude, is this your first year on /a/? Ignore them and continue discussion at your leisure. Shit like that happens all the time when a manga gets adapted and the best response for people too lazy to read it is to simply deal with it.
>>
>>154745225
>Ignore them and continue discussion at your leisure
>if no one is even discussing it with me.
>>
>>154742632
>how meh their translations are
Still better than most fan "translations"
>>
>>154745397
A lot of them are just as shit, they're just professionaly edited to make it look nice to read.
>>
>>154741996
index is awfully written and the plot keeps draggin on and on
>>
>>154745078
You probably haven't read volume 8 then. There's no way they won't end up together after that.
>>
>>154745638
It's autosaging. Mods are fags.
>>
>>154746486
Why would they do that
>>
>>154746562
They're probably new.
>>
>>154746643
Fucking faggots.
>>
>>154746659
Feel free to make another one later.
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.