[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When will Ufotable animate Tsukihime?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 11

File: 1432756627036.jpg (477KB, 1461x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1432756627036.jpg
477KB, 1461x2000px
When will Ufotable animate Tsukihime?
>>
I don't know man but I just wanted to say that Shiki can kill servants
>>
File: 1462066088637.png (167KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1462066088637.png
167KB, 640x640px
How would you adapt it? Just do a mix of Arc and Ciel's routes? Make movies for Far Side like how they're doing Heaven's Feel?

No matter how they do it, it probably wouldn't be made til the remake is done. And we all know that's never happening.
>>
File: 1556848948468.jpg (62KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1556848948468.jpg
62KB, 900x900px
>>154731409
>Tsukihimeshit
you mean that dead franchise? Fate is where it's at.
>>
After Heavens Feel, Hollow Ataraxia, Extella, Grand Order, El-Melloi Case Files, Strange Fake and after the remake comes out so they can adapt that.
[Spoiler]None of us will be alive by that time[/Spoiler]
>>
Rather, I'd like if Shaft does it.
But I may change my mind if Fate/Extra turns out to be bad - can't see that happening though.
>>
>>154731409
Tsukihime is dead, I'm sorry anon.
>>
>>154731409
But anon we already have a Tsukihime anime
>>
>>154731763
We already had an UBW anime.
>>
>>154731526
Just copy the manga.
>>
File: aint easy.png (219KB, 614x793px) Image search: [Google]
aint easy.png
219KB, 614x793px
>>154732004
What manga? You mean the Melty Blood?
>>
>>154731644
>tfw no Ctrl + s on the phone
I guess that's what I get for phoneposting
>>
>>154731409
After Mahoyo gets its next parts released.
>>
>>154731409
If they do they'll base the designs on the Remake so every character will look like Saber.

Can't wait
I don't mean that.
>>
>>154732004
This, the manga is a really good adaptation, even if it doesn't really touch the far side too much.
>>
>>154731409
Never, the culture surrounding anime has completely changed

Nobody gives a fuck about vampires anymore, you can't show extreme gore anymore, the backstory of multiple characters is based on literal rape.

It's simply too, for a lack of a better word, edgy for it's own good.
>>
File: 1484462421258.jpg (255KB, 589x1533px) Image search: [Google]
1484462421258.jpg
255KB, 589x1533px
>>
>>
File: 1477585226383.png (88KB, 741x592px) Image search: [Google]
1477585226383.png
88KB, 741x592px
>>154731409
Hopefully never. Ufotable is all about flashy fights and dumb CG while tsukihime is not about that.

They would never be able to portray Shiki's diverse mind states just like they weren't able with the other Shiki or Shirou which led to poor adaptations, SHAFT or Madhouse would do a much better job(with good scheduling).
>>
>>154734627
>Ufotable is all about flashy fights and dumb CG while tsukihime is not about that.

every single route except hisui has multiple lengthy fight scenes
>>
>>154734703
Yes but Hisui's route is arguably the best one.
>>
>>154734784
I enjoy hisui a lot for what it is, but it's probably the worst route because so much of it is built on meta-subverting the expectations built up in the other routes (especially since it was originally the "last" route)

If I played a VN that was just hisui I'd think it's pretty cool and move on, but one based on ciel or akiha could stand on it's own.
>>
>>154734703
>every single route except hisui has multiple lengthy fight scenes

No they don't.

Arc+Shiki vs Nero and then Shiki vs Roa/SHIKI are the only actual fights and they are like 1-2 minute of action if you were to adapt since it's mostly dialogue and monologues.
>>
>>154734939
There's also shiki vs ciel in both her own route and akiha, shiki and ciel vs arc in ciel and shiki vs akiha in kohaku

you also have to go through shiki getting thrown around by sacchin for a while before hugging her with a knife in every far side route

also a bunch of "ciel and/or akiha are fighting SHIKI and shiki has a vauge dream about it" scenes they could expand on
>>
>>154734939
>they are like 1-2 minute of action if you were to adapt since it's mostly dialogue and monologues.
you HAVE seen how ufotable does action scenes, don't you?
>>
>>154735089
Yes, they cut monologues and rewrite things to make fujo favorites better.
>>
>God Tier
KnK Era Ufotable

>Trash tier
The rest
>>
>>154734939
Manga got lots of cool fight. They could pull it off
>>
Ufotable studio is so awesome!
>>
Only if they adapt the Satsuki route.
>>
File: mikiya comparison.jpg (233KB, 663x742px) Image search: [Google]
mikiya comparison.jpg
233KB, 663x742px
>>154735232
This. Also, the faces looked better when they were animating the old KnK movies (1-7) and Fate/Zero. Now everyone has deformed faces because they had to follow Takeuchi's shit new art style.
>>
>>154731644
An adaptation of Strange Fake will need utterly the highest level of funding and best available animators merely in order to accurately portray the descriptions; much less make it a good anime. Don't get me wrong, I want it just as much as anyone else, but I simply can't imagine how it could happen and work.
>>
File: 60413328_p0.jpg (446KB, 590x874px) Image search: [Google]
60413328_p0.jpg
446KB, 590x874px
>>154736910
>An adaptation of Strange Fake
Yes we need Strongest Lancer having beautifully animated at all times.
>>
File: l'arc n ciel.jpg (55KB, 600x500px) Image search: [Google]
l'arc n ciel.jpg
55KB, 600x500px
>an entire stretch of episodes where Shiki's just laying in bed ranting at the maids
>>
File: 1446596315371.png (2MB, 1708x1345px) Image search: [Google]
1446596315371.png
2MB, 1708x1345px
Who unironically want Tsukihime anime except newfags like OP and retarded tsukitards? It's most boring shit you will able to watch. Just imagine. 90% of time Shiki doing nothing except wandering between two locations. F/SF adaptation is patrician material
>>
>>154734181
The manga is literally what the anime that doesn't exist adapted.
>>
>>154737155
More than best Lancer, he's probably also the best servant in terms of master-servant kinship. His wolf is the qtest.
>>
>>154731763
How do you watch something that doesn't exist?
>>
>>154737552
That's not the case. Both are "arc route but with a bit of far side thrown in" but he manga has a bunch of original stuff to it (ciel and akiha fight scene, roa using his melty blood lightning powers and having a bunch more/different fight scenes, actually getting to see all the fucked up stuff the church did to ciel, an expanded ending of arcueid true where shiki finds arc in her castle with ciels help and a bunch of minor changes to scenes from how they were in the VN) and includes all the h-scenes that the anime largely cut out

on the other hand the anime that doesn't exist has shiki actually end up going to the amusement park and gives sacchin an episode (while the manga drops her about as fast as the VN route does) but is otherwise just scenes from the VN done poorly.
>>
>>154731409
Probably not until after the remake gets released (if ever)
>>
>>154734417
>the backstory of multiple characters is based on literal rape.

I've always wondered why it's never bothered anyone that Shiki is a literal rapist. Even \in the h-scenes that are "consensual" and he's not inverting, he's pretty rough in bed and does stuff like sticking his finger in the girls' assholes without asking.
>>
>>154739877
shirou does the same thing, the writer is just into that stuff

at least the dream sequences in tsukihime show that he's into it from both directions. in particular any of the ones that involve kohaku
>>
>>154731409
N-never again.
>>
>>154740151
>at least the dream sequences in tsukihime show that he's into it from both directions. in particular any of the ones that involve kohaku

That doesn't make it much better in my opinion, because the rape scenes are fetishized even in scenes that are supposed to be serious, thus ruining the mood.

For instance, the scene in Ciel's route where you can choose to rape Kohaku and she ends up enjoying it is more disturbing in retrospect once you learn that Kohaku was raped repeatedly as a child. It ruins Kohaku's backstory. Why would someone who's committed to getting revenge on the Tohno family for the rape she's endured find that pleasurable? Hell the way Shiki was acting probably would have reminded her of the way Makihisa treated her, thus motivating her to kill Shiki too. And it's not even mentioned how Shiki made it up to her in either the good or true endings of Ciel's route.

Didn't Nasu ask to not have to write any h-scenes, but Type Moon told him to write them anyway cause they thought the games wouldn't sell without h-scenes? They really should have listened to him.
>>
>>154740617
>It ruins Kohaku's backstory.
No, it forshadows it. Remember her speech about how she treats herself like a smiling doll and then the pain goes away when she cuts her finger? It's the same idea here, the fact that she's so okay with this is easy to write off as just hentai logic (and in part probably is) but it's also setting up something that gets paid off later that shiki/the reader don't notice because they're too busy freaking out over everything else happening.

It's worth noting that raping kohaku (and "hisui" in her route) don't force you into a bad ending while doing similar things to arc or other characters does. It's very deliberate.
>>
>>154741198
>Hell the way Shiki was acting probably would have reminded her of the way Makihisa treated her, thus motivating her to kill Shiki too
Kohaku was planning to kill or at least seriously mess up shiki the second he comes back to the mansion and says as such, that's why she spends the entire hisui route drugging him and intentionally messes with SHIKI so shiki can feel it too. It's just that a combination of arcueid and shiki's eyes (things she had no way to plan for) or shiki realizing that he was ignoring kohaku all this time in her route that cause her plan to get partially or completely derailed.

Kohaku being overlooked in the ciel route is sort of the point, it's the fact that shiki ignored kohaku so hard that he thought she was a different girl the whole time that causes a lot of the issues and is what makes the maid routes such a surprise to the reader/shiki. tsukihime isn't a masterpiece of writing but it does a really great job of having you get in the shoes of the protagonist's point of view.

>Didn't Nasu ask to not have to write any h-scenes, but Type Moon told him to write them anyway cause they thought the games wouldn't sell without h-scenes?
"Type Moon" was literally two people incuding nasu when tsukihime was made, and while it's true that partially the sex scenes are just a gimmick large plots of the plot and /themes are contained in them and can't be replaced by something else the way the "clean" versions of fate did without losing a lot of the impact.

You can argue that it wasn't to your taste or was poorly done, but it's not JUST fap material.
>>
>>154741198
>>154741234
>Remember her speech about how she treats herself like a smiling doll and then the pain goes away when she cuts her finger?

Of course, but during this scene it's stated that Kohaku goes from feeling in pain to getting wet and enjoying it. There's a difference between training yourself to not feel pain and actually enjoying something. In fact, Kohaku states during the h-scene in her route that she's never actually "made love" before, thus implying she's never experienced pleasure from sex. So for her to enjoy being raped still seems out of character.

>Kohaku being overlooked in the ciel route is sort of the point, it's the fact that shiki ignored kohaku so hard that he thought she was a different girl the whole time that causes a lot of the issues and is what makes the maid routes such a surprise to the reader/shiki.

Not denying that, I'm just saying that in my opinion, "how did Akiha, Hisui, and Kohaku react after Shiki returned to the mansion after he raped/nearly raped Kohaku?" is a huge loose thread to leave hanging.

>You can argue that it wasn't to your taste or was poorly done, but it's not JUST fap material.

Not denying that the sex scenes are important to a certain degree, what I'm saying is that the way the rape scenes are written diminishes the impact they're supposed to have. Going back to the Kohaku rape scene, look at the text that's written before the CG pops up. I feel that during that part at least, Nasu did a very good job of making the imminent rape of Kohaku feel very horrifying and disturbing. But then the CG of Kohaku being reamed pops up, and Kohaku starts to enjoy it, and that whole disturbing atmosphere Nasu had been building up is ruined.

Basically, it's alright to write a rape scene that's meant to be horrifying, and it's alright to write a rape scene that's meant to serve as fap material. But trying to do both at the same time was what Nasu did, and it was a huge mistake.
>>
>>154731409
There's no Tsukihime to adapt. Remake is recotning everything
>>
>>154731409
When the Fate well runs dry.
>>
>>154742444
>actually "made love" before, thus implying she's never experienced pleasure from sex.

You can have one without the other, something that's been observed by stand up comedians and crappy romantic comedies for decades. A physical pleasure from evolutionary mechanisms =/= emotional fufilment/pleasure of sex.

Kohaku didn't "train herself to not feel pain", she has a genuine mental disorder from years of abuse where she depersonalizes herself and her experiences, she's basically a sociopath.

> But trying to do both at the same time was what Nasu did, and it was a huge mistake.
Yeah, maybe. Keep in mind that actually raping kohaku is both optional and something that happens when shiki loses control due to roa/drugs, so the change from "oh god what's going on to" to fap material is sort of a intentional perspective change. That sounds like a shitty justification for a rape scene in a hentai VN, and it kind of is, but when literal or metaphorical rape is such a big theme of both the VN and vampire fiction in general I can't judge it too harshly.
>>
>>154742444
>Not denying that, I'm just saying that in my opinion, "how did Akiha, Hisui, and Kohaku react after Shiki returned to the mansion after he raped/nearly raped Kohaku?" is a huge loose thread to leave hanging.

This is because tsukihime isn't really designed for the routes to be mostly. self contained the way say, fate, was. If you go in the "canon"' order every route sets up moments that aren't really explained until the next one, but then even kohaku doesn't really explain everything either so it ends with eclipse.

also like, it would be kind of a bungle if they broke up the positive note of the ciel ending with "and then an angry kohaku/arcueid fucked everything up"
>>
>>154731409
Hopefully never.
Type-Moon faggots should stop pretending their shit is relevant anymore.
>>
>>154731409
Hopefully never. Ufo will ruin it and Fatebabbies will turn every thread to shit.
Remember TM threads weren't as cancerous before Ufo adapted F/Z, subsequently UBW and FGO effectively killed reasonable TM discussion on /a/. Go to /jp/.
>>
>>154734627
Ufotable builds amazing atmosphere. Kara no Kyoukai already demonstrated that they could do a sufficiently creepy Tsukihime adaptation.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.