[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Violet Evergarden

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 15

File: Violet Evergarden CM.jpg (110KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Violet Evergarden CM.jpg
110KB, 1280x720px
We finally have a review from someone who has read both novels.
CM2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuQA5_O0RxE
review
https://mimidoshima.wordpress.com/2017/03/11/nier-automata-review/
>>
>>154727841

It's over, KA Esuma is finished.

>It is such a wonderful book that makes me want to love more and more as I write this post.

>But I can’t.

>This novel when taken as a whole is so flawed I cannot recommend this book to anyone. Nobody. Even people who are interested in it.
>>
>>154728126
KYOANUSLICKERS ON SUICIDE WATCH
>>
>>154727841
what's with the nier automata
>>
File: 2145.jpg (54KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
2145.jpg
54KB, 1280x720px
>>154728190
>>154728126
>If a reviewer says the source material sucks then the anime will blow ass!
Going to desperate lengths here.
>>
>>154728219
KyoAni's track record for their in-house adaptations would point to another shitty anime for this one too.
>>
>Even till now, I want to find a way to make this book somehow succeed in my eyes. This love-hate relationship signifies something I desperately want: a novel like Evergarden except good. We need a book like this, much like how we need a dose of Euphonium in our lives. We can’t just read depressing, nihilistic shit forever; we need a book that suggests some sort of meaning, even after the worst has come. And that could have been the purpose of Evergarden. But I can’t be sure about this letter. Who is it for and what is it trying to do?

>That answer may appear in the anime adaptation and I am still feeling optimistic about it. There is a good chance the anime might be one of the best things ever. But the answer is definitely not in the book.

>At the very least, I can be certain why parts of the novel is written this way. The purpose of those parts I’m complaining about, that is. “I love flowers,” writes Akatsuki Kana on her bio on the second volume of Violet Evergarden, “and I love poetry. But the most fun I have writing is war scenes. I want to be stronger.”

>That may have very well been the whole review. This is a letter from Akatsuki to herself on how much she loves writing war scenes, not a letter to us readers.
>>
>>154728198
Same seiyuu
>>
File: ctf.jpg (33KB, 376x369px) Image search: [Google]
ctf.jpg
33KB, 376x369px
>>154728219
>implying KyoAnus productions haven't been spiraling downhill ever since they started adapting their own in-house LN productions
>>
Sounds like something that works better in anime format.
>>
>>154728126
Uh-huh, and we all knows that Kyoani never faithfully adapt anything, they love their retard filler.
>>
KyoAni adaptations are usually better than the sources and seeing how people are mostly interested in this because of the animation, this review doesn't tell us much about how the adaptation will go.
>>
>>154728302
Really? Who? I don't see her VA's name anywhere in the video
>>
another flop by kyoani. I think this is gonna be the final blow
>>
>>154728392
This. It'll probably be better to follow LN reader's thoughts as it's airing.
>>
>>154727841
Listen up, bitches.

The review overall showed caution for the story itself. The reviewer cited from an Amazon review (which rated at 4 stars) that the two volumes could work better as short story collections rather than two contiguous volumes of a series. To those who know Heavy Object, you might be familiar about a similar problem with Volume 1 and the rest of the volumes.

Knowing KyoAni's efforts to create stories that are more fluid and "adaptable" per se, the issue regarding thematic disparity between the two volumes should not be a problem at all since KyoAni can just ease the two themes together the same way you do some fancy shit film reel to edit a movie from scratch.

Anyway, we should heed the reviewer's advice and not pursue the original. After all, it would be different the moment it gets animated.

>>154728126
It's not even KA Esuma Bunko's problem to begin with. If the author is amateur, then he/she is still unsure about the genre to focus on. Even Hyouka's Honobu Yonezawa wrote for different genres until he settled on mystery.
>>
Make the anime yuri, problem solved. Kyoani prints money.
>>
>>154728778
Who do you think will be in charge of the script?
>>
When is this shit airing?
>>
If the anime has Ishidate working with Hanada then you can forget about it being good.
>>
>>154728778
There's really no point to typing all this out when you're simply trying to say "the adaptation will be better".
>>
>/a/ generally laughs at retards who judge stuff based on reviews
>/a/ is now judging VE based on a review
I notice shitposting
>>
>>154728936
Not saying that it will be better.
>After all, it would be different the moment it gets animated.
It could be worse for all I know.
>>
>>154728991
Except most of the posts in here are saying the review is irrelevant. Yeah, we notice your shitposting too retard.
>>
Post your desired episode director for each

2: A deathly ill mother and her young daughter left alone in an empty mansion by her husband who squandered their fortune. The mother wishes to use her remaining time to write her final letters while the daughter feels like her entire world is being taken away from her and lashes out against Violet.

3: An aspiring young baseball player who is drafted into a war but is critically wounded before Violet can save him as per his request. He asks Violet to write letters to his family and his fiance.

4: The young orphan of a gypsy woman who becomes an astrologist with a heart of ice which starts to melt as soon as he meets Violet.

5: A war criminal who fought against Violet in the war who considers himself and Violet to be the same kind of people, only one different sides of the history books.

6: The final chapter of the LN covers Violets time during the war and how she was adopted by Gilbert.
>>
>>154729009
And all those posts are about the source being irrelevant because Kyoani changes stuff, not a single post questioning the review or calling out the fact the source's being judged based on a review. As I see it, everyone is acting like the review is written by God Himself and discussing about how the supposed weaknesses in the source will or will not be present in the adaptation
>>
>>154727841
The reviewer reads like the type of guy that shouldn't have wasted his time reading lns
>>
>>154729089
>2
Ogawa or Fujita
>3
Takemoto
>4
Yamada
>5
Kitanohara or Sawa
>6
Kigami
>>
>>154728891

2/3 of characters are dudes. It's not going to be yuri or even yuribait.

It's pretty much a guaranteed flop.
>>
>>154728891
>>154729547
Yurishit doesn't print money though.
>>
>>154727841
People watch anything kyoani for the story? They only know how to make pretty shows. I wish they went back to being aniplex's bitch.
Even Maid dragon that had a fun and cool comedy story and characters was turned into moeblob "uguuuuu kawaiii" FEELS-fueled bullshit.

I'm going to watch Violet Evergarden because that girl is a top qt and I want to see the bath scene.
>>
>>154729547
Woa are you saing it's a reverse harem? Can't wait for the gangbang and NTR doujins.
>>
>>154729938
>I wish they went back to being aniplex's bitch.
You could at least get your rant right, they worked with Kadokawa, not Aniplex you dolt.
>>
>>154729938
This is what mental retardation looks like.
>>
File: tumblr_o9t8q4ijXP1unm603o1_1280.png (433KB, 711x1000px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o9t8q4ijXP1unm603o1_1280.png
433KB, 711x1000px
>>154728778
What's wrong with the way Heavy Object is written? I haven't started reading it yet, it's next after I finish my current LN.
>>
>>154730211
The first volume was written as a world guide. Basically it dumps you information about the setting and the things to expect. The second volume onwards are less detached from each other compared to the first.
>>
>>154730265
Isn't each volume around 3k pages?
>>
>>154730287
I think you're mistaking this for Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon.
>>
>>154730334
Nope. I'm looking at the EPUB file right now. 3,558 pages.
>>
>>154727841
Damn, I was sure they'll get seyiuu with deeper voice.
>>
File: 1489616102457.jpg (145KB, 1031x876px) Image search: [Google]
1489616102457.jpg
145KB, 1031x876px
>>154727841
>look it up
>being done by kyoani

AHAHAHAHA I learned my lesson after chuunibyou season 2.
>>
>>154727841
It's written by a woman; can't be good by default.
>>
>>154732354
>What is Victorian Literature
>>
KyoAni is finished.
>>
>>154729089
>2
Fujita
>3
Takemoto
>4
Kawanami
>5
Ishihara or Ishihara+Takemoto
>6
Yamada or Ishihara
>>
>>154728510
yui ishikawa, mikasa seiyuu
>>
>>154732402
Shit.
>>
>>154732354
This. It'll be a masterpiece.
>>
>>154727841
pretty girl
>>
File: Huh.jpg (54KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Huh.jpg
54KB, 500x500px
>>154732354
>this blatant sexism
>in the Year of our Lord 2017

Hard to see a degenerate of this magnitude these days
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (16KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
16KB, 480x360px
>>154734408
>blatant sexism

Get the fuck out.
>>
File: 1480586633257.jpg (41KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1480586633257.jpg
41KB, 1280x720px
>>154728270
>Even till now, I want to find a way to make this book somehow succeed in my eyes. This love-hate relationship signifies something I desperately want: a novel like Evergarden except good.
This is exactly how I feel about Eupho. Kyoani can't make something wholly great anymore, it will be 90% amazing and then there will be some horrible frustrating flaw.
>>
>>154735104
This. Kumiko was such a fucking ugly cunt and ruined the experience.
>>
File: 1485747069276.png (316KB, 683x623px) Image search: [Google]
1485747069276.png
316KB, 683x623px
>>154727841
You don't need a review to tell you that Violet Evergarden will be garbage.

Just read for yourself.

>Not even while being a machine girl can she be left with wet clothes. As a change of clothes was necessary, she lay a bathrobe around her supposedly perfect body and headed for the bathroom. It had been a while since anyone other than Oscar regularly used it, so in a lapse of memory, he entered it without knocking and ended up seeing her while she was had not changed yet.

>“Ah, I’m sor… ry… eh?”

>He swallowed his breath due to perplexity.

>“EEEH?!”

>What was reflected in Oscar’s eyes was a sight more bewitchingly beautiful than any naked woman. Dripping golden hair. Beautiful blue orbs of a dimension that would not soften even within a painting. The finely-shaped lips just below them. A flesh body with a slender neck, an outstanding collarbone, plump breasts, and feminine curves.

>Her artificial arms consisted of metal rings from the shoulders to the fingertips. But it was only them. Despite the many scratches, other than the arms, the rest was surprisingly real skin. With that delicate body, she did not seem at all like a mechanical doll, but a relatively normal human being.

>With everything he had believed in until then being mantled over by the shocking revelation, Oscar tried to confirm what he was seeing many times.

>“Master.” Violet called with a voice that seemed to be judging him as he continued to ogle in astonishment.

>“UAAAAAAH! UAAAAAH! UAAAAAHAAAAAH!”

>Part of the outcome of that incident was Oscar’s screaming. The other was him half-crying while going beet-red, after having yelled on top of his lungs, frantically inquiring, “Are you human, after all?!”

>Wrapping a towel around herself, Violet plainly commented, “Master is, truly, a troublesome person.” Her cheeks were rose-dusted as she muttered, her face a little lowered.
>>
File: 1429721812242.jpg (89KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1429721812242.jpg
89KB, 1280x720px
>>154735242
>The study that was also a bedroom had Oscar’s previously worn clothes and a pan with leftovers from his last meal all over the floor in a disastrous fashion. Simply put, there had been no space for even one foot to step inside.

>Violet gazed at him with her big pupils. “You called me here with the place in this condition?” her eyes seemed to say.

>“I’m sorry…”

>It was clear that it was not a room someone would work in. Ever since he became alone, he had not used the living room, which was why it was still clean, but the bedroom he frequently entered and exited, the kitchen and the bathroom were in atrocious state.

>Oscar thought he was glad Violet was a mechanical doll. Her body age seemed to be from someone in her 10’s to her mid-20’s; he did not wish to show something so embarrassing to a real woman that young. Even though he was getting old, for a man, it was just deplorable.

>“Master, I’m a secretary, not a maid.” She said as she contradictorily pulled out of her bag a white frilly apron, willingly proceeding to tidy everything up.

>The first day was over just like that.

>On the second day, the two of them sat in the study and started their work. Oscar lay on his bed while Violet sat on a chair and used the typewriter on the desk.

>“She… said:” as Oscar dictated, a blind touch silently wrote down each letter with terrifying speed. He observed, thoroughly surprised. “Pretty… fast, huh.”
>>
File: 1476076183609.jpg (15KB, 236x243px) Image search: [Google]
1476076183609.jpg
15KB, 236x243px
>Oscar had Violet put on clothes that imitated his main character and asked her if she could play around a little at the lakeshore. He had already made her do cleaning, laundry and other house chores, and on top of it, asked for such a favor. It was as if she was a factotum.

>Even as Violet was a percipient professional woman, she mused in surprise, “What a troublesome person…”

>"Your hair color…may be a little different, but it’s blond, just like my daughter was. If you put on a one-piece, surely…”

>“Master, I am but a secretary. An Auto-Memories Doll. I’m not your wife or concubine. Nor can I become a replacement.”

>“I-I know that. I wouldn’t have that kind of interest in a girl like you. It’s just… your appearance…if my daughter was alive, I think…she’d have grown into someone sort of like that.”

>Violet’s firm rejection crumbled at that.

>“I really did think you were being too stubborn…so your young lady has passed away?” she bit her lip lightly. Her face seemed to show her conscience was conflicted.

>During these few days, Oscar had become able to understand one thing about her. That is, how Violet would stick to what was considered ‘righteous’ when she was torn between good or bad things.

>“I’m an Auto-Memories Doll…I want to grant my clients’ wishes… but this one violates my work regulations…”

>She behaved as if she was inwardly wrestling with herself, and although Oscar felt bad for it, he tried one last time. “If you could build the image of the girl as a grown-up, coming back home, ready to fulfill her promise, my will to write will soon be revived. It’s true. If you want a reward, I can give anything. I can pay double your original price. This story is really precious to me. I want to finish writing it, and make it my life’s milestone. Please.”

>“But...I…am not a dress-up doll…”

>“Then I won’t take photos or anything of the sort.”

>“You had intended to?”
>>
File: 1446445439651.png (198KB, 350x433px) Image search: [Google]
1446445439651.png
198KB, 350x433px
>>154735135
>he didn't recognize the old ass meme image

How new, little guy?
>>
>>154735242

since when is machine translated garbage proof something's badly written?
>>
>>154735242
>>154735267
>>154735291
>Kyoanihater being this desperate

Sure it's going to be gorgeous
>>
>>154735242
>>154735267
>>154735291
This is gonna be good. Can't wait for the first episode.
>>
Kyoanus btfo
>>
>>154733350
>girl
>>
>>154729089
5 will have the most action, so it's gotta be Takemoto. If I get to see FMP Second Raid tier action with modern KyoAni production valyes in a fantasy WWI setting, I can die happy.

Ishihara is my amazing at creating atmosphere in realistic settings, so he's gotta do 2.

I don't care about any other KyoAni directors.
>>
File: knk.jpg (66KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
knk.jpg
66KB, 1280x720px
>>154740725
Honestly I hope Takemoto gets to do the most episodes, he's the only one who did 3 on Kyoukai no Kanata and they were the best ones.
>>
>>154735357
Since it's a light novel, you know it's badly written without ever opening it
>>
File: 1413698967168.jpg (123KB, 565x575px) Image search: [Google]
1413698967168.jpg
123KB, 565x575px
>>154735135
>his post got deleted instead
>>
>>154727841
TOO MANY FRAMES
>>
>>154734408

Can someone just nuke this thread already? Who gives a shit about a review
>>
>>154743661
all the people who wanted to know more about the light novel?
>>
>>154743573
FORCED ANIMATION
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.