[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone explain the "GiTS is 'deep'/'philosophical'"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: gits.png (663KB, 800x430px) Image search: [Google]
gits.png
663KB, 800x430px
Can someone explain the "GiTS is 'deep'/'philosophical'" meme to me?

Above all else it excels in art direction, animation, and score.
>>
The only attribute film that can carry philosophical depth is the mise-en-scène.
>>
It is when you compare it to most anime
>>
Did you even watch the movie?
>>
>>154703944
I did and didn't see any content beyond what I'd expect from a psyche 101 course.
>>
>>154704591
manual viewer detected
>>
>>154704632
I created this thread because I wanted to see an opposing perspective and you're not really helping me achieve that end.
>>
>>154703550
its not so deep as people explain but it is more a point of view that Mamoru would like to explore and argue a point.

duelism. his argument is that no matter how far science progresses you cannot recreate the mind. which in the 1995 movie explores well, however anything after that kinda falls short of that message. i.e Arise with it becoming known that the major is fully artificial. which does a complete 180 on the message of Gits
>>
Well at least it´s better than a revenge plot
>>
I've only watched the movie, but it's just philosophizing on what it means to be sentient. This makes it a lot more deep than the other Latvian mud sculptures out there.
>>
well what is and isnt "deep" is pretty subjective first of all. some people think evangelion is deep and some people think its just an edgy mecha show with religious symbolism.

What makes Ghost in the Shell "deep" to me is that there is just a lot in it that is thematically important apart from just what is said and thus provokes lots of discussion about the imagery and what it could mean. The way it is visually, especially the establishing shots of the city, make it almost like a painting in that you can come up with lots of different interpretations for it. it also makes it one of the most rewatchable pieces of visual media out there in my opinion.
>>
You don't think asking the question "If we could give sentience to machines, than what is the point of being human' isn't philosophical?
>>
This is even better than Akira for me.
>>
>>154705558
Well that point is wrong so I guess it's not deep at all.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZX58fDhebc

fucking love this scene
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9v8FzQ2btg
>>
>>154706072
nice
>>
if you measure depth in terms of providing novel viewpoints argued eloquently then no artform will ever match up to plain rhetoric.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.