[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

UK KnK thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 11

File: 6243644.jpg (98KB, 500x704px) Image search: [Google]
6243644.jpg
98KB, 500x704px
Who's seen/seeing it tonight?
>>
Just came from the Portsmouth showing.

Good overall, but fatal pacing errors. Nice visual direction, characters were well developed, BGM was hit and miss. Would've worked better as a series in my opinion (and still done by KyoAni).
>>
File: 1377209268260.gif (677KB, 424x260px) Image search: [Google]
1377209268260.gif
677KB, 424x260px
Kimi no na wa is better.
>>
File: IMG_0729.jpg (509KB, 1497x1783px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0729.jpg
509KB, 1497x1783px
TALKIN BOUT MA GENERATION
>>
>>154628157
yeah, there was a shitload of story to pack into a 90min movie, I thought they did a solid job with what time they had, but a series could've given more breathing room to those big climactic moments.
>>
>>154627850
Not me because they couldn't get any showing in Ireland going.
>>
Just came from the London, Prince Charles Theatre showing. Fucking loved it.
>>
>>154628334
It's 129 minutes anon. Sure wished they gave it the disappearance treatment and extended it to 160.
>>
>>154628456
sorry to hear that
>>
>>154628604
I think it would've started to feel like a slog if it went that long, honestly
>>
>>154628182
If you like sensationalist garbage yeah
>>
>>154629464
>>154628182
gentlemen, PLEASE
>>
>>154627850
Reading here

The white subtitles were killing my eyes at some points, they should have chosen a different colour.
>>
Yuzuru is perfect.
>>
Anyone else see the In This Corner of the World trailer for June 28?
>>
File: IMG_20170315_224711.jpg (2MB, 3488x3488px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170315_224711.jpg
2MB, 3488x3488px
>>154627850
Solid adaptation overall, nice visuals but it's KyoAni so what did you expect
Got a feeling they tried too hard to be as accurate to manga as possible to be honest and ended up repeating same mistakes. So secondary characters' development still fuckin sucks. No clue why they insisted on including Sahara, Kawai and what's his face pretty boy. They added nothing to the story and had less personality then in the original story and that's an achievement of sorts

On the side note- holy shit London weebs are fucking vicious dude
>Ishida's mum asks him why he wanted to kill himself
>audience laughs
>Nishimiya desperately trying to convey her feeling with her voice
>audience laughs
>Ueno confronts Nishimiya 's mother in the parking lot
>audience laughs
Christ you're people are bloody sociopaths. How am I supposed to enjoy my drama in this environment?
>>
>>154630256
I didn't
>>
>>154630284

Are they even weebs to begin with?
>>
>>154630462
seeing an anime with subs in the cinema kind of says they are
>>
>>154630284
I feel sorry that you had to experience that. Fucking hate it when people can't keep their mouth shut at the right moments.
>>
>>154630256

>It's a Murrica gets nothing again episode

I blame Trump.
>>
>>154630505

Maybe they're just normies or casuals crashin in. I mean it was getting some publicity. Only natural it'll attract some flies.
>>
>>154630598
You might be right
I saw Your Name at the same cinema and A Silent Voice drew a larger crowd
>>
>>154630462
Dunno man, I'm pretty sure there were some bfs/gfs dragged along, but most of the crowd seemed to be genuinely excited about the whole thing.
Hell we even applauded at the end
>>154630541
Yeah it ruined the mood in some scenes, but well that's what you get for going out into public.
Some girl actually cried behind me which was sort of cute though
>>
File: 55411051_p0.png (2MB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
55411051_p0.png
2MB, 1200x1600px
>>154627850
I'd rather see a different KnK in theatres.
>>
>>154630284
Our theater was silent the whole time minus laughing at Yuzuru's gender reveal or when the Brazilian guy showed up
>>
Alright I'm home.

My main issue with this film is that it's about this guy's road to redemption - but, the thing he's redeeming himself for, bullying Nishimiya years ago, was SO badly paced and badly narrated the beginning that it was hard at first to follow this guy's journey to make things right. That, and throughout the whole film there were constant inexplicable mood swings that threw me off, plus a couple characters (Kawai, Sahara) that were more straw dummies to further the plot than they were actual characters. Smaller complaints would be backgrounds that were just edited photos and the mismatching BGM at various times.

However I did love the rest of the cast, Ishida's development was excellent when you began to follow it and Nishimiya is so sweet. Mashiba and Naoka representing future Ishida and past Ishida was really well done and with bestfriend-kun in the mix they all had great chemistry. I fucking loved the visual direction and its smaller touches, like the shine effects slowly disappearing as the film progressed, or the fact that Ishida cycles to the right on his quest for self-fulfilment but cycles to the left when he realises. And when the music fit the scene, by god did it fit the scene beautifully.

Does the manga end where the film ends, or is there more to the story for me to read?
>>
File: 103174341.jpg (106KB, 585x605px) Image search: [Google]
103174341.jpg
106KB, 585x605px
>>154630763
>>
>>154631004
Thankyou for your thoughts, yeah I was a huge fan of the visual direction, it felt like a hazy summer daydream
>>
>>154630284
Yeah saw the same viewing as you my nigga. Don't get me wrong I laughed out loud during some scenes too but it was overdone a bit.
>>
>>154631004
There's a little more and a bit of a time skip. It's worth reading the whole thing again though, the movie misses out A LOT.
>>
My heart hurt to watch Nishimya trying to make friends with Ishida and he just throws sand in her face.
>>
>>154630256
Oh nice, I'm really looking forward to that. Hope this is true.

>>154630284
I hate those fucking reactions. When I went to see it, I got relatively lucky, save for a couple Chinese people talking (not even whispering) a few occassions during the film, and the odd inappropriate laugh or obnoxiously loud food packet noise.
Also, I know a lot of people might regard this being openly obnoxious as more of a weeb trait, but I actually got the chance to see Kimi no Na wa with a majority weeb audience and again with a majority normie audience (as in, might have seen a couple of Ghibli films but doesn't care about anime), but I drew some interesting comparisons.
The weeb audience achieved greater heights of being obnoxious assholes (for example, in the scene where Mitsuha fell down the hill, some guy loudly said "Ow" and a few people laughed), but the normie audience was more frequently obnoxious and seemed more inconsiderate of others for the most part.
Anyway, sorry for sperging out, I did like both films and I'm looking forward to seeing more anime screenings across the UK but I wish other audience members could be more considerate of the fact that everyone else there has paid to see the film and wants to watch it properly. Laughter is fine usually, but all this dumb shit ruins the experience a bit.
>>
>>154631283
>Don't get me wrong I laughed out loud during some scenes too
Yeah so did I. Maybe it's herd mentality or something
I mean it's nice to see people enjoying the movie, but two women engaging in fisticuffs is not exactly my idea of laughing material
>>
>>154631513
yeah it puts you through the ringer in those first 20 minutes, I was pretty shocked by the fight they had when she was cleaning his desk, that entire sequence was really visceral.
>>
>>154631521
I actually found my Silent Voice screening to be more obnoxious.

Kimi no Na Wa had about equal parts weebs, Japanese families watching in the UK, cinephiles and people who read the Guardian

Silent Voice had 75% weebs and 25% Japanese peeps

There were a couple guys who felt the need to crack lame jokes and make dumb exclamations... and then the theatre started smelling of BO...
>>
>>154631727
>There were a couple guys who felt the need to crack lame jokes and make dumb exclamations
Yeah, exactly this bullshit. I think I got lucky with A Silent Voice because the place I saw it wasn't a regular cinema, and the audience seemed more high brow, but it still had those small problems I mentioned.
>>
>>154628456
Anon go on Cineworld.ie it has a showing on the 20th 8:15pm.
Still a few seats left.
>>
>Live in remote area, nearest cinema has just one showing on Saturday
>Spending evening thinking of excuses as for why I'll be late for work and not get fired
>>
Got back from a viewing in York. I thought it was going to be proper shit, but I enjoyed it.

Pacing felt rushed and it was too melodramatic, but the visuals and sound were on point.

Does Ueno kill herself in the manga?
>>
>>154627850
FUCK YOU
I WANNA SEE IT BUT I DON'T KNOW WHERE I CAN SEE IT

>>154628182
Highly overrated movie. First half is slow SoL, but last half is good. Ending is a bit too sad though.
>>
File: Smug1.png (36KB, 268x237px) Image search: [Google]
Smug1.png
36KB, 268x237px
>>154632876
Not understanding what Google is for
>>
>>154631004
Maybe I'll just stick with the manga. How much of the movie is devoted to the bullying? what happens after the bullying is the real story I think so i'm curious about how much that takes
>>
I just got back from it. As someone who's never read the manga before I loved it.

Some of the characters felt like plot devices, but Ishida, Shoko, Yuzuru, Nagatsuka and the black haired girl (already forgot her name) were solid. Also it was fucking beautiful but I guess it is KyoAni. The story was sweet there were these 2 old women sitting next to me who were fucking crying at the end

I still liked Your Name better but this was definitely worth watching. Might even catch it again in theatres.
>>
File: hfgtdshgfdhgfs.png (633KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
hfgtdshgfdhgfs.png
633KB, 1024x576px
>>154627850
Just got back from watching this in Brighton.
The movie was beautifully animated and managed to convey the emotion of scenes really really well. I was left feeling really odd though. I was surprised there was no tie up at the end. No realisation that Shōko had actually confessed to Shōya and no moment where anybody told her that none of this was her fault. Kind of left me feeling like she was treated unfairly Maybe that was just me... Really loved the cinematic soundtrack too and the use of POV.
Definitely worth going to see at the cinema if you can.
>>
>>154632912
It's not screening near me, so it's waiting for the online release or traveling.
>>
>>154632832
>Does Ueno kill herself in the manga?
Nah, the movie is pretty much 1:1 adaptation of manga. Lots of stuff got cut out obviously due to time limitation, but the plot remains unchanged.
>>
I only read the one-shot not the full manga, but I thought they really rushed the bullying part, thus doesn't explain the characters motivations. However my generation as the intro was fucking neat.

As others said they squeezed to much into the movie and the side characters were completely pointless. Everything after the climax was uncomfortably melodramatic.
And the big X on everybody just doesn't work.

With all that said I enjoyed the movie and would definitely rewatch the bluerays.
>>
How accurate was the VA for Shouko?
>>
>>154633038
>your spoiled shit
Manga too. Identical ending. The only weakness it had
>>
>>154633116
Pretty damn good impression of a deaf person.

On a side note I was worried they wouldn't sub the sign language, and they didn't, but Shoya repeated most of the stuff out loud.
>>
>>154633107
The entire manga is good. It introduces 2 characters who are the best.
>>
>>154633107
I thought the blue Xs were alright, but it reminded me of a Debenhams Blue Cross Sale
>>
>>154633116
My favorite part of the movie, glad they made her sound like a deaf person rather than just a quite girl, makes it much more poignant.
>>
>>154633119
That's a shame. I was pretty wrecked after the cinema because of the ending. I guess that's points to the film for making me care though...
>>
>>154630284
Yep, the ones at my showing laughed when Shoko tried to kill herself.
>>
Did the shit ending change?
>>
>>154633328
Actually
They do relieve her of the feeling it's her fault but the deafy and MC don't get together formerly. Sort of "We'll meet again after college"
>>
>>154633119
>only weakness
Last half of the manga was an unfocused mess. And the ending was trash, the whole thing feels unfinished.
>>
>>154633533
Well.. yes, the last half is notably weaker but not terrible. It's really not the last HALF that sucks but the last 4-6 chapers.
Glasses chick doesn't suffer, theres no lovers resolution... their movie sucks.

It's pretty strong overall though
>>
>>154633533
Would you put up with a few unpolished pandered films, that drag in the regular public with emotional story lines, just so regular and better anime films get screenings that would otherwise be forgotten?
>>
>>154633598
Its really good until they start making the movie. It feels like the story got dropped after it was only 70% done. Thats my main criticism, nothing happens in the end, everything is in favor of showing that dumb movie arc that leads nowhere.
>>
>>154633489
That's good to hear! I was thinking I might have to go to Japan and adopt a deaf girl
>>
>>154633685
Rephrase your question, sorry i don't really get it.
>>
>>154633694
Exactly. Which is only the last parts of the manga.
>>
>>154633747
We complain about the trashy ending and I'm sure many of you will hate KnK.
But if this gets popular, we could see some more "weeb" films being shown in regular theatres.
>Imagine watching Eva / Kizumonogatari / SAO films in your city
>>
>>154633737
Watched this in Leicester Square.

Was pretty impressed for the most part. Use of BGM and hunting at a lot of the fuller plot threads in the manga made it feel richer then it was.
>>
>>154633946
>*gatari
>SAO

No thanks
>>
>>154633946
>more disgusting people watching anime
No thanks.
>>
Watched it for the 3rd time at Panton Street. Jesus fuck the people in there were obnoxious.

Also the subs were far worse than the first two times. I picked up on a few spelling errors and sentences that seemed really forced and unnatural in comparison.
>>
Britain has been so lucky lately regarding anime films. All we need now is In This Corner for the hat-trick.
>>
>>154630284
>>Nishimiya desperately trying to convey her feeling with her voice
>>audience laughs
I will literally kill them for you.
>>
>>154634263
Australia too
we're getting it early next month
>>
Just saw it, it was all right, a little let down. I think Naoko Yamada is the best director working in the industry right now but she can't directed a good feature film.

saw it in Bath if anyone is interested
>>
>>154633946
SAO is coming to Picturehouse Theatres in the UK.

If Ghost in the Shell is popular I could see Ghibli tier anime films getting it Odeon or AMC
>>
>>154633946
Ok, i get you. Yeah you right, i want anime to have a way bigger audience. That way well hopefully get better anime than just endless unfinished LN adaptions.
>>
>>154630284
I was laughing when Ishida was imitating Shoko's pronunciation during class.
>>
>>154630284
Saw it in Croydon tonight with a friend, we didn't have any of that unless it was a comedic moment so my experience was pretty chill. Sorry you had that experience Anon.
>>
File: 1469791994619.png (363KB, 774x1057px) Image search: [Google]
1469791994619.png
363KB, 774x1057px
>>154630284
Glad to hear they adapted Ueno v Nishimiya's mother
>>
>>154637637
it wasn't very good, Ueno felt like an unnecessary character in the movie and nothing about her conflicts pay off, it's likely why people were laughing during the fight
>>
BDs when?
>>
>He buys anime
>>
I envy the britbongs who watched this. Time to rot here in burgerland.
>>
>>154641077
someone will upload a handcam version soon
>>
The movie adapt all the manga?
>>
>>154627850
So is the ending to this going to be different? If not, I see no reason why anyone should give a shit about it.
>>
>>154643267
Judging from what anons have said. Its similar, probably ends at the coming of age ceremony minus the bit at the end of the manga. Either way I'm not interested in this film as the manga felt rushed after the amusement park and the movie is close to the source.
>>
>>154642741
Only the core parts. Most of the side cast had their character depth moments cut out, along with the student movie plotline, and many key scenes that hit hard in the manga were shuffled around, cut up and condensed like the Nishimiya dream/nightmare scene or relegated to brief flashbacks (for instance the elementary school Nishimiya telling her sis in sign language that she wanted to die).
>>
>>154628182
>>154632876

I watched this today and loved it. I didn't think the ending was sad..
>>
>>154640785
>animes
>>
>>154634263
>All we need now is In This Corner for the hat-trick.
It's showing on June 28th in the UK (found out from the trailer before koe no katachi screening)
>>
>>154630284
I saw it back in November at a deaf awearness event in Bristol, much better environment.
>>
Saw it in Manchester. First time I've been in an almost full theatre since Star Wars Revenge of the Sith. Was a number of sniffles near the end and scattered applause during the credits.
>>
>>154644139
Why did they even bother adapting this shit if they weren't even going to change the worst part about it? Fucking Kyoanus.
>>
>>154648059
>almost full theatre
That's odd. I saw it in Oxford and there were only a handful of people there. I think there were more people there when I saw Kimi no Na wa in Reading and the place was relatively full when I saw Akira. Not sure why it was so empty last night but at least they were quiet.
>>
>>154648670
Thought it was odd as well. Think there was only 5-10 seats empty.
>>
>>154628456
I saw it last night in Belfast, and there's another showing on the 26th at QFT. It was pretty damn good.
>>
>>154640659
17/05/17
>>
>>154644833
But same ending of the manga?
>>
>>154650717
No it's different.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ciegiO2Piw

This along with the rest of the scene was spectacular in the cinema.
>>
>>154652619
I completely agree.
>>
>>154652619
so good
Thread posts: 103
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.