[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So are all anime just advertisements for source material? I noticed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

So are all anime just advertisements for source material? I noticed a shitload of popular shows dont get an actual ending. They just edit the source material to make it look like an ending. What the fuck happened to anime? Honestly i don't really wanna watch any anime that either isn't already over or that is based on LNs, because i want stories with actual endings. Where are the Cowboy Beebop and Evangelions that actually tell a conclusive story. I think im done with LN animes for now at least.
>>
>>154622350
>actual ending
kek
>>
>>154622441
what? Yeah, stories have endings.
>>
>>154622350
Lurk more, faggot.
>>
>>154622514
Thats not an argument retard.
>>
>new to anime ads
>animes
>>
>>154622350
Fuck off.
>>
>>154622350
I will bite.

Yes, anime is made to sell the source material. It is a glorified advertisement to make you buy the LN, Manga, Videogame, Merchandise.

You are talking about it, so it worked.
>>
File: 1465621092.png (508KB, 1080x720px) Image search: [Google]
1465621092.png
508KB, 1080x720px
>animes
>being this new
>>
File: 1489327376686.png (268KB, 866x537px) Image search: [Google]
1489327376686.png
268KB, 866x537px
EVA doesn't really have an ending. It's still technically going on. Probably won't make sense either. The LN is better usually anyway. Just saying.
>>
It's been like that for a while, slowpoke OP.

This is one of the reasons moe Sol/comedies are very much the best things around, and maybe even one of the reasons they became a consistent thing in anime, because there is no feeling of getting cut off/ripped off at the end. If they work for you then you get solid entertainment start to finish.
>>
Sometimes the anime IS the source material.
>>
Kadakawa controls almost all of the anime industry. They make more with LN than with anime so go figure.
>>
>So are all anime just advertisements for source material?

Yes you dumb faggot
>>
>>154622350
Watch better anime.
>>
File: 453464.jpg (32KB, 275x300px) Image search: [Google]
453464.jpg
32KB, 275x300px
>>
>>154622350
You might not like it, but makes more sense.

It's much less riskier to pick a LN that is selling well and adapt it than come up with something original. Not only that, LN writers are subhumans on verge of starvation, so you don't have to pay much to them. It's way less costly than going with the trouble of writing something original.

The only thing I don't quite get is why did they pick LNs to adapt. Mangos and actual books have much better stories. Probably the reason is shit taste.
>>
>>154622350
>So are all anime just advertisements for source material?
It's been like this for decades.
>>
>>154624962

That just seems like a lot of work for not much guaranteed payoff. Maybe it's just a Japanese thing but I don't see that appealing to people who aren't already fans to start with. Exceptions will be sure to exist but on average it seems like it's just not guaranteed to really work.

Non fans are just as likely to be turned off by the non endings and move onto something else
>>
season 3 when
>>
>>154625319
Regarding "non-endings", you only know they're not actual endings because the source material is still going on. If it was an original plot, it'd be much easier to sell some half-assed ending as the actual ending. Look at Flip Flappers' ending. It was rushed and didn't feel a lot like an actual ending, but people seems to be much less conscious about it than when we get a shitty ending in some random LN/manga adaptation.
>>
File: 1485996349911.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1485996349911.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>154622350
Anon, you should have known that none of the series this season will have full endings.

Best chance of a decent full ending from this season will be Little Witch Academia, considering Trigger's hardon for bombastic finales, but that's a 2 cour so it won't be done for a while.

Meanwhile, Konosuba can join the Jojofags in waiting for their next anime announcement.
>>
>>154622350
Welcome to like 1985, anon. Please enjoy your stay.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.