[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The arc that ruined bleach's potential

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 163
Thread images: 11

File: soul.png (688KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
soul.png
688KB, 1024x768px
>>
File: 1471546553692.png (115KB, 304x763px) Image search: [Google]
1471546553692.png
115KB, 304x763px
>>
>>154610526
Pretty much
Bleach didn't turn into a shitfest overnight but SS arc was when it jumped the shark
>>
>>154610526
i still dont get where SS people go when they die and why children grow up in SS
>>
>>154610648
such a shitty heaven and also your soul can starve and die again there. The only thing worth doing there is becoming a shinigami
>>
>>154610526
But Soul Society was the best arc.
>>
>>154611120
It would've been great if it had ended right after that. It would be legendary, I'm sure.
>>
>>154610648
>i still dont get where SS people go when they die
They reincarnate on Earth
>and why children grow up in SS
Kubologic
>>
>>154611136
I remember watching the anime up to the end of the Soul Society arc, only to see Orihime getting captured right after.
That was anime original shit though, wasn't it? Either way, that was enough to make me drop this and never touching it again.
>>
>Kubo did Soul Society again right after it, but tried to write off as different by having a different girl get kidnapped, replace the Shinigami with Hollow Shinigami, make another Renji but name him Grimmjow, make another Byakuya but name him Ulquiorra, and make another Kenpachi but name him Yammy along with keeping Aizen as the villain like before.
Kubo is a H.A.C.K. He always was one.
>>
File: 1486918474121.jpg (4MB, 3454x2084px) Image search: [Google]
1486918474121.jpg
4MB, 3454x2084px
>>154610526
No, Bleach had like 4 arcs worth reading:

Pre-Reaper (1-8)
Soul Society (9-20)
Arrancar: Hueco Mundo (21-32)
1000 Year Blood War (55-74)

See image for what I mean

>>154611556
>Kubo did Soul Society again right after it, but tried to write off as different by having a different girl get kidnapped
Except that was a B plot. The next arc (Arrancar: Hueco Mundo) was a rival arc about Grimmjow and Ichigo trying to one up each other. Orihime was a B plot.

>Replace the Shinigami with Hollow Shinigami,
Except Arrancar are Hollows with Soul Reaper Powers. The point was to give the main character and Soul Reapers an opponent that was a step above their pay grade.

>Renji but name him Grimmjow
Fuck you, Grimmjow is nothing like Renji. Renji was constantly jobbed (Save for Grantz) in part 1 and only became useful in part 2. Grimmjow was a main villian in his own arc that was far more entertaining than what Renji did for YEARS.

>make another Byakuya but name him Ulquiorra
Ulquiorra is Byakuya but extremely emotionless. I agree.

>and make another Kenpachi but name him Yammy
Yammy was the Nappa of the Espadas. NNoitra was the Kenpachi

>keeping Aizen as the villain like before.
Actually, Aizen was the character in the backgrounds manipulatiing Soul Society. In Hueco Mundo he only sat around a drank tea.

Seriously, try actually pointing things out correctly before saying shit.
>>
>>154610713
Souls don't starve. They can eat if they want, but it's more about water than food. Food is just a pleasantry. They explained that in Volume 8. If a Soul is getting hungry that means they are becoming closer to that of a Hollow.
>>
>>154611120
They introduced shikai AND bankai in the same arc, made ichigo acquire bankai in 2 days, defeat renji and kenpachi, save rukia, set up aizen as big bad, and also this hoguoku nonesense ass pull out of nowhere to give us a reason to care about where aizen is hiding, byakuia's bullshit reason for wanting to kill rukia was because his parents told him to obey the law so he doesn't care about his wife or his attatchment to her at all so that we can have him as a good guy after this arc.
all that left the series with not much to present except muh hollow mask and soul society 2.0
>>
>>154611884
Except for the fact that the Pre-Reaper arc already established a shit ton of things:

>Arrangers are in volume 3 as an epilogue to Grand Fisher
>A little taste of Vizard action with Ichigo having a Hollow Mask along with his Soul Reaper outfit.
>Quincy took over 25% of that plot
>Old Man manifestation and Inner Hollow's dual identity takes over
>Isshin's backstory and how he met Misaki (a Quincy)

And I'm cutting out the Substitute Soul Reaper thing and the Fullbringer stuff just for the sake of your side of the argument.

Kubo had bigger plans.
>>
>>154610526
But Bleach was never good? :^)
>>
>>154611702
was that chart ever finished?
>>
>>154612188
No, it stopped right at chapter 681. But you get the jist of it. 75% good moments, 25% bad moments.
>>
>>154611136
It was a very good battle shonen up to the end of Soul Society, even if the setting was the retarded. The build up from the battles against fodder hollows to the epic fight against Rukia's brother (forgot his name) was great. Had it stopped there it would probably be fondly remembered as one of the best Jump manga, sadly it had to turn into a 40+ volumes shitfest right after they rescued Rukia.
The anime was even worse, the filler arc with the dumb vampires that came after SS was absolutely terrible and lasted for ages.
>>
>>154611702
>Except that was a B plot. The next arc (Arrancar: Hueco Mundo) was a rival arc about Grimmjow and Ichigo trying to one up each other. Orihime was a B plot.
It was all literally Soul Society in the desert. The structure was set up the same. Girl taken, gotta go get her where the enemies live. Shinigami (Now called Arrancar.) blocks their path. Aizen masterplanning behind the scenes.

>Except Arrancar are Hollows with Soul Reaper Powers. The point was to give the main character and Soul Reapers an opponent that was a step above their pay grade.
Yeah, so hollow Shinigami like I said. It became basically the same thing.

>Fuck you, Grimmjow is nothing like Renji. Renji was constantly jobbed (Save for Grantz) in part 1 and only became useful in part 2. Grimmjow was a main villian in his own arc that was far more entertaining than what Renji did for YEARS.
Grimmjow served the same purpose as Renji, a rival antagonist in the arc Ichigo had to fight against. (The only difference you can say is Ichigo was fighting a cat, not a monkey) And their personalities aren't that different either.

>Ulquiorra is Byakuya but extremely emotionless. I agree.
Glad we can agree on that.

>Yammy was the Nappa of the Espadas. NNoitra was the Kenpachi
Yammy was some kind of OP fuck like Kenpachi, the difference was Kenpachi was that upon his introduction while Yammy was most of the time shown as some goon.

>Actually, Aizen was the character in the backgrounds manipulatiing Soul Society. In Hueco Mundo he only sat around a drank tea.
He was still manipulating stuff is the background in Hueco Mundo. Everything that went on in that arc was part of Aizen's plan.

>Seriously, try actually pointing things out correctly before saying shit.
Kubo gave us the Soul Society arc twice, nigga. That's all there is to it. You noticed everything started really falling apart for the series when he had to make up some original material for arcs like Fullbring and Blood War.
>>
>>154612249
Yeah, I was there for the ride. I just hoping the last couple of chapters had gotten an update. Guess most of the editors were Rukiafags
>>
>>154612092
Shhhh.
>>
>>154611702
>Fuck you, Grimmjow is nothing like Renji
I agree. Grimmjow was was very similar to Kenpachi, not Renji.
Renji is good character with a great story and an actual personality.
>>
File: 1466705292021.jpg (28KB, 393x295px) Image search: [Google]
1466705292021.jpg
28KB, 393x295px
>>154614043
>Renji is good character with a great story and an actual personality.
>>
>>154610648
When Kubo decided to give everyone a long backstory, that's when Soul Society became just "Japan with magic" and everything else was thrown out the window. From that point on, it's not about SS being the afterlife, it's about teaming up to protect the magical kingdom because reasons.
and yet the SS arc is still the better part of Bleach because it's the only one that has some form of stakes and obeys its own rules
>>
>>154610526
Bleach was a shonen of fights even in that first arc, and the problem was that the fights weren't very good.The hollows of the first arc were so typical.
The first hollows that got interesting were the Menos. And when they had to fight shinigami instead of hollows was even better
>>
>>154612188
Isn't it finished as it is?
Not much happens afterwards other than Ichigo and JewWatch removing each other's plot armor while spewing the same "it's hopeless you can't defeat me" every big baddie in Bleach has been saing since the first chapter.
and Ichihime too
>>
>>154614080
You would not recognize a good character in your life. What is a crime is compare Renji to Grimmjow. Grimmjow is so typical and unoriginal, but teenagers and fangirls love him, of course.
>>
>>154611556
How to write like Kubo
>reveal the the good guys that another parallel world of sorts exists
>reveal to the good guys that there is a team of ultra stronk fighters in it
>the team has :
>loud girl who yells at everyone almost nonstop (Rukia, Riruka, Hiyori, every female Quincy)
>tougher fighter who just wants to beat shit up and goes "tch!" (Renji, Zaraki, Shinji sort of, Bazz B, Grimmjow, Nnoitra)
>cold, emotionless guy with buttloads of powers (Ulquiorra, Byakuya, Haschwalth)
>weird guy that is both the occasionnal comedic relief and the most overpowered of the lot (Kyoraku, Starkk, Nakk Le Varr)
>>
>>154610526
>the arc that saved Bleach is the arc that kiled Bleach

What did he meme by this?
>>
>>154614601
The only thing that could have saved Bleach was ending it before it turns sour.
And sour it turned.
>>
>>154614669
You're in the wrong genre
>>
>>154610526
The only way Bleach could've been good post SS was if the shinigami kept being the antagonists of the series. Fight me faggots, you know I'm right.
>>
>>154610526
And what do you want to say by this?

If you are saying that the first arc was better than the Soul Society arc, and that it should have continued with the same formula you must be kidding.
The Soul Society was something that it had to be explored, and the human world, characters included, wasn't so interesting.

Bleach developed its potential during the SS arc. It was from here that Bleach could have kept that level, but unfortunately, it plummeted after, and that has already been discussed ad nauseum.
>>
>>154615020
This. And it could've improved after that if it was fleshed out.
>>
>>154611702
Blood War was good until Monk's defeat
>>
>>154612333
>the setting was the retarded
>>
>>154614992
It was made increasingly obvious that the Shinigami were never intended to be the true antagonists, both by how they were characterized and throughout the arc's development.
>>
>>154615104
You're an anon who is good at noticing typo.
>>
File: Covers Bleach.png (3MB, 1600x817px) Image search: [Google]
Covers Bleach.png
3MB, 1600x817px
Should have ended after Aizen
>>
>>154615257
Nah, last two arcs were fun, regardless of the lackluster ending.
>>
>>154615072
I think that it was a mistake that after the SS arc the focus was on Ichigo and the human world and not in the Soul Society. To see some volumes about the shinigami, explaining more of them, whom we still didn't know much, it would have been great.
This is the same that it happened after the Arrancar arc, in the Fullbring arc. I suppose Kubo wanted to have the focus on Ichigo because he is the protagonist, and in the fullbring arc because he wanted to keptIchigo without powers, but it didn't feel natural.
>>
Kenny is best captain, unohana is the cutest
>>
>>154615134
That's exactly my point. The fact that they weren't completely evil is what would've made it good, plus all the different allegiances and motivations they had were interesting. By the end of the arc right before Aizen reveals he's the big bad, SS was practically on the brink of civil war. I like Aizen and all, but once all the blame for the conflict was put on him, it made the whole arc inconsequential and worthless.
>>
>>154615556
In other words, you wanted antagonists who weren't antagonists? How would the story progressed past Rukia's execution then? The manga would have never progress past Soul Society.
>>
>>154615509
They make an even cuter couple.
>>
File: 1372192193236.png (180KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1372192193236.png
180KB, 1920x1080px
>>154615455
Dunno I wanted an ending that would explain everything and would satisfy me but meh it was way too much rushed
>>
>>154615749
I lost interested in anything relating to Ichigo before the last arc even started, so I'm not surprised that you were disappointed. Anyone who reads battle shounen for the MC is a pleb regardless.
>>
>>154615461
I think in Fullbring arc Kubo thought he could have a fresh start and try out something different, but it didn't seem to work out so he pulled a U turn and brought all the old stuff back out of nowhere. As for Ichigo, his problem is that he has no personality other than being the hero, so no one really cares about him unless he's kicking ass.
>>
File: 1483883360930.jpg (47KB, 499x338px) Image search: [Google]
1483883360930.jpg
47KB, 499x338px
>>154614043
>Renji is good character with a great story and an actual personality.
>>154615020
No im saying that they put all the powers that ichigo can attain in one arc which made the rest of the story feel empty and watered down

the soul society arc was filled with plot twists that are obvious cash grabs to get you to continue reading
>ichigo infiltrates the shinigami base! where the strongest shinigami are! how wild is that
>ichigo fights renji! epic clash between rivals
>ichigo fights a captain called kenpachi! he's a real beast and will be a tough one to beat!
>a captain got killed! whoaaaat there's a traitor in soul society???? :O
>we know ichigo just got a power up but here's another power up bankai
>supposedly really hard to get but ichigo will get it in 2 days so that you don't get bored and stop reading
>ichigo just got bankai but also here's another power up! hollow mask powers wooo don't ever stop reading
>woooaah remember that captain that got killed? he's back and he was plotting this all along!
>woaaat?? there's a thing called hoguoku that is supposedly a really op item trapped in rukias body?
>holy shit more traitors this is epic keep reading pls

they used up all their cards and potential power levels that ichigo can achieve in one arc, and that put them in a tough spot where they had to come up with retarded shit that adds insult to injury like "his mother was a quincy all along so he can use quincy powers now!"

the unohana twist was a bit weird but was awesome nonetheless
>>
>>154615880
>"his mother was a quincy all along so he can use quincy powers now!"

As if it wasn't obvious you were a speedreader...
>>
>>154615509
Aizen-taicho is, like, totally dreamy.
>>
File: IMG_3896.png (4MB, 1492x1535px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3896.png
4MB, 1492x1535px
>>154615833
Dude I didn't read it for Ichigo. I wanted explanation about Soul King, his relations with YHWACH and his parts
>>
>tfw people thought SS was going to wind up being the Big Bad because of all the shady shit that they were doing
>Ichigo becomes aware and joins up with Aizen to stop them
I miss all the speculation. Definitely the best part of Bleach.
>>
>>154615942
Maybe the new novel will explain those details. Maybe.
>>
>>154615461
I think the potential of the world Kubo created had pretty much ran out after the SS arc. In my opinion he should have come up with completely new concepts and a new faction made of magicians/aliens/whatever along with a new setting, anything else than "muh stronger hollows and desert world".
>>
>>154615970
RG is still shady. Especially Ichibei.
>>
File: IMG_3895.png (4MB, 1571x1634px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3895.png
4MB, 1571x1634px
>>154615999
We will see but that kind of things should have been in the manga
Nice digits
>>
>>154615942
Yeah that wasn't explained in detail but Kubo did give us plenty of context clues, if you want a definite answer than expect Narita to deliver where Kubo couldn't.
>>
>>154616060
I'm still kinda mad the editors decided that we need two volumes of Szayel fight instead of Ashido and the Menos forest.
>>
Fights peaked at Ichigo vs Ulquiorra. Kubo set the bar too high with that one.
>>
>>154616005
Hueco Mundo was a good arc though, its only real flaw was poor pacing.
>>
>>154616133
Ichigo v Ulquiorra holds up, but the last arc had a few gems like Zaraki v Unohana and Mayuri v Pernida.
>>
>>154616120
Even if Ashido was in the manga we'd have still had two volumes of that fight, with even worse pacing. Forest of Menos was garbage even in the anime.
>>
>>154615880
>the soul society arc was filled with plot twists that are obvious cash grabs to get you to continue reading
All the series have continuous plots twists and, of course, want to grab the attention of the readers, you are only stating something evident.

If Kubo had had better ideas he would continue grabbing your attention with more plots twist sand powers up,s but you simply don't like the plot twists and power ups that it had after the SS arc, that, yes, THEY HAPPENED.
>>
File: v020.jpg (162KB, 728x1147px) Image search: [Google]
v020.jpg
162KB, 728x1147px
>>
>>154616315
He said eventualy, not definitely.
>>
>>154616285
what i mean is that he shoved a lot of the potential of the series in one arc
>>
>>154616359
True
>>
>>154615697
An antagonist doesn't need to be evil to fit the role, they just need to have a reasonable conflict with the protagonist. Ichigo and co. invaded SS just to save one girl. Sure, they didn't directly kill anyone, but they caused quite an uproar. Aizen even said himself that he used the confusion caused by them to do all his evil shit while everyone was distracted. On the other hand Ichigo is justified for what he's doing, and you can at least understand why, but the same can be said for SS, since most of them are just following orders and the laws placed, and some of them don't even agree or care. But in the end if you just attacked a country like that, it's unrealistic not to suffer any consequences after.

My bad this took so long internet was down.
>>
>>154611702
>that yachiru was zararakis weapon all the time

I still don´t get it really. I just wish there would be a side story just about zararaki. At first he was just introduced as stupid battle-maniac, over the time they shown that he was such a fucking maniac that he actually closed his power to have fun.

But how the fuck is yachiro the sword? And why the fuck did the sword became a kid?
>>
>>154616764
And antagonists like this are more interesting and relatable
>>
>>154616765
I feel like Kubo had this in mind ever since Zaraki was introduced, but he doesn't explain it correctly, so it's stupid and makes no sense
>>
>>154616872
Thank you that's the point I'm trying to get at.
>>
>>154616905
>but he doesn't explain it correctly, so it's stupid and makes no sense
Could be said about many things in the manga
>>
File: 4456407-1858201921-31261.jpg (369KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
4456407-1858201921-31261.jpg
369KB, 1600x1200px
To this day I still don't get why the chapter with the bankai reveal was full color. Not that I am complaining
>>
>>154616953
Classic Kubo, even his title doesn't make sense.
>>
>>154617037
What would you choose instead of Bleach anon ?
>>
>>154616764
I can agree with that, and it worked out well for that arc, but again, if Soul Society remained the antagonists instead of Aizen (or Kisuke, as was Kubo's original intention) where does the story go after Rukia is saved? Did you honestly expect Ichigo to keep fighting Captains for the remainder of the manga? You forgot to answer my main point.
>>
>>154616765
>>154616905
What more is there to explain? The last arc showed us that Zanpakuto in human form are indistinguishable from Shinigami, and given the circumstances by which Zaraki obtained his sword it's not unreasonable that it would have already developed it's own sense of 'self'. No matter how you look at it, this is textbook speedreading.
>>
>>154616905
that´s what I also thought. I mean they introduced the everyone is afraid of zararaki and his blade but suddenly a little child is there and is not afraid.

Man the whole thing with the "health doctor" also beeing a fucking killing machine and also wielder of the title was so fucking nice.

Same with Ichigo and his "he is also one of the hollows", which was fucking great. But no then he need to do all these stupid nazi-blood and the SS guys in there and ruined it even worse. It just should have end after Aizen.
>>
>>154617281
>It just should have end after Aizen.
fucking this
>>
>>154617208
the thing that don´t make sense to me is, why is she calling it now? Why isn´t there any dialogue after that with him and her. It felt so fucking rushed.
It was a nice moment, but it still need proper explanation. Why is it in human form and in sword form, why never calling that she was the sword and so on. You can´t tell me that this was perfectly done.
>>
>>154617337
You're expecting Kubo to 'tell' you something that he's already 'shown' you. It's funny that this seems to be the most common criticism of Kubo, when in almost every other genre "show, don't tell" is the golden rule of storytelling.
>>
>>154617403
>hey guys look here are swords who can get human forms
ok
>hey guys look, the little children was actually the soul of the sword all along and there is not a real reason for that, but I have shown you that it is the sword right so it´s all ok
no.
>>
>>154616365
The thing is each arc had Ichigo adopt the powers of the enemies he's facing at the moment.

I consider that pretty creative since he was at least able to master each ability except the Quincy ability because of the mighty rushing.
>>
>>154617511
I know you're purposefully ignoring a decade of foreshadowing and purposeful subtext within the same arc it was revealed, but at least try to be subtle about it. You can't take something that literally everyone here predicted well before it was confirmed in the manga and say "well clearly there was no buildup here".
>>
>>154617533
For Ichigo, mastering Quincy abilities wasn't as importing as understanding the nature of both White (both his Hollow and his true Zangetsu) and Old Man Zangetsu (Yhwach, technically his 'fake Zangetsu' but becomes his secondary Zanpakuto).
>>
>>154617596
I am not saying the build up wasn´t there. It was just too less. I mean the little girl literally vanished after zararaki had his (the thing before bankai). But she still didn´t vanished after zararaki could hear the voice.

Also it was just like " ok here you go, that´s the secret" but nothing more. It just felt, that sometimes you need to explain this shit, why the fuck didn´t she tell that she was the sword all along and what his bankai now actually is? Just becoming a demon?
>>
>>154617677
>I mean the little girl literally vanished after zararaki had his (the thing before bankai). But she still didn´t vanished after zararaki could hear the voice.

It's called Shikai, first of all. The fact that she didn't vanish until he released it is how Kubo let the audience know those two incidents were connected.

Your complaint can be summated as 'instead of figuring it out for myself by reading, I want the author to explain everything in detail so I don't have to actually read the manga'. That you can't even remember what Shikai is called further outs you as a speedreader.
>>
>>154617533
Hollow powers were just as badly rushed. All that drama with Ichigo 'going berserk' and then getting scared of using his mask afterwards was completely disregarded and wasted
>>
>>154614171
>"it's hopeless you can't defeat me" every big baddie in Bleach has been saing since the first chapter
Literally every other shonen does that trope. Also Byakuya and Ginjo were the big baddies of their respective arcs who didn't do this.
>>
>>154617889
>All that drama with Ichigo 'going berserk' and then getting scared of using his mask afterwards was completely disregarded and wasted

Which is why there was an entire arc about learning to control it, as well as numerous sub-arcs about learning to accept his hollow as a part of him.

Speedreaders are in full force today, it seems.
>>
>>154610526
SS arc was the best one in bleach is even iconic in japan culture, everyone know about the BAN-KAI! escene.
>>
>>154618006
Yeah, I'm referring to all the angst after that

As in after losing control to Ulquiorra, there's a whole span where he's scared to use his power, his mask changes, etc, a bunch of personal drama that gets jammed aside because Kubo's pacing is awful and he needed to pull a Hyperbolic Time Chamber out of his ass just to wrap up the mess that was the Aizen Arc
>>
>>154617889
Do you mean when he defeated Zangetsu the first time or when he killed Ulquiorra? It was basically resolved after Zangetsu and OMZ taught him the FGT.
>>
>>154610526
Bleach started off badly. Shit makes no sense.
>>
>>154618089
>complaining about the best part of the Deicide arc

I'm sorry your taste is such shit, anon.
>>
Fuck you talking about? SS arc was hella hype, getting to see all the Captains.
>>
>>154618138
>supernatural fantasy manga
>shit makes no sense

You're in the wrong genre.
>>
>>154617669
I think his latest Bankai was going to use his Quincy abilities he was saving for later.
>>
>>154618222
I'm talking about shit like this
>>154610713
>>154611730
Reason why i never got into bleach.
>>
I want Kubo to team up with some writer who will take care of the story. Kubo should just be allowed to focus on character designs and creating kick ass powers. A lot of people shit on his art, but I really like it.
>>
>>154618235
Old Man Zagetsu is Ichigo's 'quincy abilities', his Bankai from Soul Society was essentially Blut Artere (massive speed boost at the cost of a weakened defense). I don't think Kubo ever intended to give Ichigo a Quincy ability outside of Blut; the nest closest thing I can think of is Getsuga Juusho (which suspiciously takes the form of a cross).
>>
>>154618282
>can't into basic plot points

Now you're just being retarded.
>>
>>154618299
That's what the editor's job is.
>>
>>154616359
Pointless foreshadowing and waste of pages, then.
>>
>>154618527
Just be happy you got to see Tatsuki
>>
>>154618611
I'm not happy. I never wanted to see Tatsuki.
>>
>>154618658
Then you have poor taste. Tatsuki is the thinking man's tomboy.
>>
>>154618299
>I want Kubo to team up with some writer who will take care of the story
I know he fucked up in some crucial parts of the manga but everything that I have read about Kubo seems to forget that he has done some great shit in the manga such as
>Komamura vs Tosen and Bambietta
>Ichigo and his Zanpakto spirits
>1-6 of the Espada's story arcs
There's alot of other things he has done in the manga that shouldn't be forgotten either as if it's as bad as of Naruto

>A lot of people shit on his art, but I really like it
They must be Odafags if his art is under alot of criticism.
>>
>>154617111
A simple way of having the conflict continue, like a lot of others have said, is keeping Ichigo's power level in check. If he doesn't get bankai or at least isn't as strong as most captains after SS, he could continue with his role as the underdog and basically drag out the same character arc of him getting stronger to protect others. It's not all that great but would at least give a sense of progression. As for why he'd keep fighting the same guys, let's say the heroes escape with Rukia back to human land, and SS immediately orders their arrest/assassination, whatever. SS attacks Karakura. Ichigo can't escape somewhere else because his family and friends might be in danger too. Kisuke and yoruichi help, maybe a few shinigami like Renji too, and a few people important to him die so ichigo can question his choices and maybe improve as a person as well as a fighter. There's a better idea I have involving a civil war and world building, but I'm a fag and don't have time so maybe I'll do it later
>>
>>154619010
I write too much fuck
I don't blame anyone for ignoring this
>>
>>154617980
>Literally every other shonen does that trope.
That is true.
But Bleach does nothing else.
That's the problem.
>>
>>154619010
>>154619096
Again, this is essentially just dragging out the Soul Society arc into an even longer one. I'm not going to tell you it's better or worse than what we got, but I will say that weekly manga thrive on spontaneity, and that any arc that drags for too long will suffer from arc fatigue (Hueco Mundo/ Fake Karakura arcs suffered heavily from this) so I can't imagine an even longer and more drawn out Soul Society could be in any sense better for Bleach as a whole.
>>
>>154610526
Whoever started this "Soul Society arc ruined Bleach" meme, fuck you.
>>
>>154619147
You can't make that argument when he provided counterexamples in the same post you're replying to.
>>
>>154619283
I'm sure you could guess who.
>>
>>154617007
Probably because it was a pivotal chapter and there was a fuckton of hype for the first time Ichigo used his bankai, so Kubo wanted to hammer it in full throttle.
>>
Bleach was prommising in the beggining but SS arc was a big mistake: while it was fun, it kinda drained a lot of possible stakes from the series by quickly leveling Ichigo up to a captain's level. Everything after was, well, a mess. There were fun moments, but I can't remember one arc worth reading after SS.
>>
>>154619363
Pretty sure SJ decides when a chapter gets color pages, for promotional purposes.
>>
As mediocre as Bleach is, I'll always have a fondness for it because of nostalgia.
>>
>>154619449
There's at least three of them.
>>
>>154619514
For instance?
>>
>>154619535
You already know what they're called.
>>
>>154619647
I don't. Everything after was either really badly written, made no sense, or both
>>
>>154619731
So you admit you are literally too dumb to make sense of a manga for teenagers?
>>
>>154619795
I admit that this manga is too dumb and badly written even if it's for teenagers. One Piece and Hero Academia are also for teen, but a single arc of those series can be better than Bleach as a whole.
>>
>>154619895
>tfw the second season of boku is gonna be the shitty tournament arc
just kill me now please
>>
>>154619895
Come back when you have a valid argument. "Its bad writing because I don't get it" is not a valid argument.
>>
>>154620039
You don't have one either. "You don't get it" is not an argument. There's nothing to get. Bleach is a shity, incoherent manga with some sexy designs and a lot of wasted potential.
>>
>>154620198
I'm not making any claim except 'your claim is invalid'. The fact that you're claim is invalid is self-evident because you've made nothing but a series of subjective claims, as you will continue to do, because that is what shitposters like yourself do to make you feel superior about your preferred battle shounen.
>>
>>154620399
Man, if you think that Bleach is even on par with any half-decent shounen, you're dillusional. You haven't even told me what are those worth-reading arcs after SS are, going instead into some meta discussion about how don't have to provide anything. Do you have anything to say or do you have not?
>>
>>154619286
>Byakuya did not go the "it's impossible for you to beat me" route
... did we read the same Bleach?
>>
>>154620572
Again, come back when you have a valid argument.
>>
>>154620630
I never made that claim, doesn't change the fact you failed to refute it though.
>>
>>154610552
Fucking Kubo...Why is he such a hack? Why did he have to wait so long to introduce such a delicious outcome? He should have done this right after Ichigo's fight with Aizen. There should have been one more arc where all the characters backstories, powers and relationships were resolved and it should have ended there.

Fuck you kubo, now the ending will never be animated, you fucking hack.
>>
>>154620637
Motherfucker, what does a dumbass like you who can't even name three arcs he consideres as "worth watching" know about valid arguments? Even those who read Bleach agree that it's at the very least kinda shitty if not a full-fledged bag of garbage. Motherfucking valid arguments. At this moment I'm not even sure if you've even read the damn manga.
>>
>>154620630
I thought you meant at the end of the fight where the villain generically exclaims "you can't defeat me". Otherwise Aizen would be okay until his defeat while Byakuya's defeat was honorable and Ginjo's was tragic.
>>
>>154620849
>ad hominem
>subjective claims ad nauseum

Textbook shitposting, at least try to be subtle next time.
>>
>>154620875
nah, it usually happens during the fight
because who needs tension or shenanigans when you can have big white and black shapes clashing over each other with the villain of the moment regurgitating the same spiel
>>
>>154619895
It's incredible that people are comparing a manga with barely 12 volumes to much longer mangas. Say it when Boku no hero reach at least 30 volumes and it be still good
>>
>>154621025
>Say it when Boku no hero reach at least 30 volumes and it be still good
But anon, it's at 12 volumes and it's already bad.
>>
>>154621056
First Law of Fandom: my favorite thing is better that your favorite thing.
>>
>>154621056
12 volumes of Hero Academia while not being perfect are still better than Bleach ever was. And it's not some kind of a masterpiece or anything

>>154620946
>still haven't done anything to give any base to his opinion
>is angry that I use ad hominems
Dumbass
>>
>>154620849
And you have read a manga that you didn't like?
>>
>>154621194
And what makes you want to question that?
>>
>>154621164
>still haven't done anything to give any base to his opinion
I would have if you gave me an argument worth responding to.

>is angry that I use ad hominems
I think we both know the one using ad hominem is always the one who is angry...
>>
>>154621278
>I would have if you gave me an argument worth responding to.
Well, I would give you at least some arguments, if you haven't backpedaled on your claim that there are three arcs after SS that worth anything.

>I think we both know the one using ad hominem is always the one who is angry..
I have no problem with being angry at you. It's a nice and warm feeling inside me.
>>
>>154610526
What the fuck are you talking about? SS was the peak of Bleach. After that it was downhill from there.
>>
>>154621164
Bleach was very good until the end of the Soul Society arc, and that it lasted 21 volumes ,and the SS arc it's already a classic in shonen, it's something stated by many people, not only Bleach fans, even it was awarded with a Shogakukan award
>>
>>154620572
That depends on what you consider a half-decent shonen. Now Naruto, Fairy Tail, Katekyo Hitman Reborn, and Shokugeki no Soma are shonen manga that are shitty as fuck but Bleach is obviously alot better then what you're implying.

I mean damn Tokyo Ghoul is a seinen series but Bleach is still better because the other series are alot worse.
>>
>>154621233
If you find Bleach so bad, then I suppose you stopped reading it, or are you masochistic? If you continued reading a manga that you don't liked then you probably didn't read with attention to understand it and value the good parts.
>>
>>154621025
DBZ, Naruto, One Piece, and Fairy Tail all do the same shit so who gives a fuck. The thing that is truly troubling is that Bleach gets hated on for doing shit that every series I can of but it is never addressed.

Naruto and Fairy Tail threads of all threads have more respect then anything Bleach related.
>>
>>154621409
Bleach was good before the SS arc ended, yes, but it still wasn't that good. The world have already started making no sense, the development of characters have never really took off, the pace at which Ichigo got from the lowest rank to fighting captains was ridiculous. It was an epic arc, but it wasn't anything mindblowing.

>>154621428
Never been a fan of any of those except for Shokugeki no Souma because cute girls and well-drawn food. I was thinking about something along the lines of HxH, One's stuff, FMA, again, One Piece and Hero Academia, Jojo. There's a lot of decent shounens.

>>154621617
Bleach is one of the worst mangas I've ever read 'till the very end. Before the multiple-year-long all-out battle between shinigamis and arancars I was reading it with a hope that it'll get better. After Kubo revealed Soi Fon's bankai I continued to read to see how bad will it get. Boy, was I in for a ride. The story got incoherent, the structure almost gone, pacing got so bad a usual chapter would cover about a minute of action happening on average. And not to forget all the bullshit twists. Bleach is shining example of how you shouldn't write anything.
>>
>>154621990
This post is a shining example of how you shouldn't write anything.
>>
>>154622093
Write it better, lol
>>
>>154621990
I repeat what I said: If you continued reading a manga that you didn't like then you probably didn't read it with attention neither interest to understand it and value the good parts.

It seems from your answer hat the only interest that you had to continue reading it was to criticize it, probably to make post like these comparing it it with your favorite mangas.
>>
>>154622149
>lol
Leave.
>>
Am I the only one who liked the Deicide arc?
>>
>>154622465
With that reasoning no one can ever criticize a manga he didn't like.
To me it seems like you're desperately grasping at convoluted meta-arguments because you can't come up with a normal counter-argument to what that poster said.
>>
>>154621990
The manga you mentioned are all great shonen/seinen except for One Piece being the half-decent one. All I'm saying is that Bleach is not nearly as terrible as the manga I listed but if Kubo or literally any of these got those big ass hiatuses as HxH did, the quality of those series would increase exponentially.
>>
>>154623286
What arguments? that he continued reading Bleach to see how bad will it get? That he likes more other series?

And I've seen many Bleach fans to criticize the sereis, but they are able to valur too what there is good in Bleach, like the SS arc.
It's a fact that when we like something we value it more and put more interest in it. When you comparing it to mangas that you like more, you can't be objetive.

I don't like many series, I started reading them and I stopped because they didn't have interest to me. FMA, HxH, Boku no hero. I know that many people praise them, I don't know if they are good or bad, but during the time that I read them, I found them boring but I simply think they are not for my tastes if they didn't hook me.
And I like much other mangas very praised too like One Piece, 20 Century boys, Planetes, Yotsuba, Please save my earth, etc, so no, it's not that I like only a type of manga.
>>
>>154625195
>they are able to valur too what there is good in Bleach, like the SS arc.
But he said that the SS arc was good, you idiot. You can't even read properly the posts you're responding to.
Thread posts: 163
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.