[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm 3 episodes into this, why are they calling this a Gundam

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: Reconguista_in_G_Promo_Poster.jpg (674KB, 848x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Reconguista_in_G_Promo_Poster.jpg
674KB, 848x1200px
I'm 3 episodes into this, why are they calling this a Gundam show? This isn't very gundam at all.
>>
Because it's written and directed by the man who created Gundam, has Gundam in it and takes place in the Universal Century (the main one) timeline
>>
>>154592921
>Because it's written and directed by the man who created Gundam
This explains why it's very "eh"
>>
>>154592712
Did you even watch any UC show, particularly ZZ? It's very Gundam.
>>
>>154593279
The UC series' I watched were the first series and Unicorn (though I never finished Unicorn)
>>
>>154593317
Is there anything in particular that seemed out of place in G-reco or is it just a general feeling?
>>
>>154593511
The designs of all the mobile suits. Pretty much anything that's not the Gundam seems like a knockoff to me, and even the Gundam seems like it was meant to be in another series but they painted it blue, red, yellow, and white and stuck it in a Gundam show.
>>
>>154592921
>takes place in Universal Century

Kind of like Turn-A, then? Because none of this looks or feels like a UC series at all.
>>
File: gundam.jpg (1MB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
gundam.jpg
1MB, 1680x1050px
>>154593585
>>
>>154593587
They mention the war, and also there was that time when the guy looking for the G-Self busted into that hangar full of GMs and called them "relics of a forgotten past" or something like that
>>
>>154594040
What?
>>
>>154593587
Yeah like Turn A, but if it were mainly commenting on the current militarism going on in the Japanese politics.

Part of the reason the Gundams look even more like toys, is that it's about people playing at war
>>
>>154592712
But it has a Gundam.
>>
>>154592712
>Very first episode someone steals a Gundam
>Hur dur its not very Gundam
Stick to A/Z
>>
Reminder that Cross Ange was the superior mecha that season.
>>
test
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.