[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this shit dead? What's the best setup for watching anime?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: Kawaii Codec Pack.png (101KB, 400x258px) Image search: [Google]
Kawaii Codec Pack.png
101KB, 400x258px
Is this shit dead? What's the best setup for watching anime?
>>
>>154567802
https://www.videohelp.com/software/LAV-Filters-Megamix
>>
>>154567802
mpv.
>>
>>154568161
When will it be finished?
>>
That shit has been dead for over 3 years
>>
>>154567802
MPDN
>>
>>154567802
It might be dead but it still works flawlessly for me
>>
>>154567802
>mpv
great on old computers, works nicely on GNU/Linux (Yes, it even has an Android release now if you're into watching anime from a something like an Android set-top box, a tablet, or god forbid, a phone), Windows (although they dropped XP support in late 2015), OS X, and even *BSD. The problem for most people is that you "need to tinker around with a config file in order to set it up", and the lack of a detailed GUI. Other people can't get used to the keyboard shortcuts. You can remedy this to a certain degree by getting something like Baka MPlayer.

>MPC-HC
slightly heavier than mpv, but it makes up for it with ease of use. You can get it up and running in no more than a minute, if you don't install MadVR.
What you need to watch anime is just the basic MPC-hc install and xy-subfilter. LAV is already built-in. MadVR isn't really important, unless you want to fuck around with scaling algorithms and improve the quality of your anime to a certain degree. However, you need a good computer to run it properly. If you're playing it on a toaster (like me), or a normal laptop, don't really bother.
>>
>>154568622
A lot of people seem to shit on mpv for the lack of a gui, but what exactly do people want?
The osd provides all the controls people would want out of a media player. I've recommended mpv to normalfags who have zero issues using it.
Still there's a ton of mpv frontends like baka mplayer, smplayer, bomi, iina, and mpc-qt.
>>
File: mpchc.png (31KB, 641x477px) Image search: [Google]
mpchc.png
31KB, 641x477px
>>154569038
MPC-HC has extremely comprehensive settings - e.g. everything is laid out for you, you have a list of available options. Most importantly, you know what your defaults are right off the bat - they're very clearly selected. You don't have to look in the wiki to find them (so you can avoid redundancy and clutter in the config file).

Don't get me wrong, I love mpv, but MPC-hc isn't just out of the game, either.
>>
>>154568161
Good one.
>>
>>154568161
>mpc-hc out of the box with ffdshow
>apply a shit-ton of filters
>open 10-bit 1080p file
>flawless playback with low GPU usage and less than 60°C temp

>mpc-hc with madvr
>max quality settings
>open 10-bit 1080p file
>screen tearing and white flashing
>still flawless playback regardless

>mpc-be out of the box with lav because no more ffsdhow support
>default settings
>open 10-bit 1080p file
>all normal because duh

>mpv out of the box
>change settings to max quality
>open 10-bit 1080p file
>still windowed
>GPU temp jumps to 80°C instantly
>change to full screen
>it lags
>howthefuckisthispossible.png.jpeg.jpg
>wait a few minutes
>no change
>set back to windowed
>still lags
>set again in full screen
>magically stops lagging
>try to skip the op
>wherethefuckisthechaptermarker.png.jpeg.jpg

Talk about "improved viewing experience" eh... I can't believe ffdshow is the most reliable decoder still today, besides lav which sadly doesn't have any cool features like ffdshow.
>>
>>154567802
At home, curtains closed, on your Laserdisc player plugged into old faithful CTR tv, eating instant ramen.
>>
>>154569526

>mpv set to max quality scalers with interpolation
>5 opengl shaders on top of that
>gtx 960 at 45C and 30-33% utilization

Sounds like a case of pebcak.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.