[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hunter x Hunter

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: hxh-112.png (581KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
hxh-112.png
581KB, 1280x720px
You can say what you will about how the anime handled the Chimera Ant arc's pacing, but you can't deny that the direction wasn't always on point for all the big moments.
>>
there's already a thread up, niglet
>>
I forget, who was the animation director that did 116 and the Uvogin fight?
>>
File: 1409766118060.jpg (95KB, 1024x619px) Image search: [Google]
1409766118060.jpg
95KB, 1024x619px
I unironically thought they would skip the narrator in the anime, because it felt like he just did it in the manga so he wouldn't have to draw well and show what was actually going on
Nice that it's a close adaption I guess, but in a way I wish they didn't do it like that
>>
does anyone else feel like the narrator added more to what was going on then is given credit for? Because of how fast certain moments happen in real time (literally mere seconds), having a detached voice inform the audience of the rationale behind some snap decisions makes more sense to me.
>>
File: 1444594576634.jpg (54KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1444594576634.jpg
54KB, 640x480px
>>154567110
I thought it felt awkward and superfluous. As I said in >>154566990 it made sense when his drawings were scribbles and you could barely see what was going on, but as a story telling mechanic it felt really awkward. Especially for it to go on for such a long time.
>>
>>154567220
It wasn't all good obviously. In fact I feel as if I'm playing Devil's Advocate in this regard. It probably would've made more sense to marathon, like Kaiji.
>>
>>154565783
Any of u cry during this scene?
>>
>>154567505
It was really more of an "oh shit" scene than a tearjerker like the one at the end of their lives.
>>
>>154567505
Like a little bitch.

I still cant watch it without being a bitch even though I know its coming.
>>
>>154567532
>>154567845
Shit mb I meant when they die together is when I cried. Pretty sure second anon is thinking of that too. Holy fuck I cried so hard during that last game of shogi. The ugly cry with plentiful mucous
>>
>>154567402
>It probably would've made more sense to marathon, like Kaiji.
rewtached that segment of the series like this and it flew by. Great time.
>>
>>154565783
who cares?

the whole arc is shit
>>
>>154568511
but it isn't
>>
>>154567505
That scene didn't get me as bad as the ant girl who's name I forget being reunited with her mother. That shit hit me hard.
>>
>>154565893
Not anymore.
>>
Hunter x Hunter is the best shonen series ever made. It's basically "The Wire" of shonen manga.
>>
>>154570391
This
>>
>>154570391
Can it be the best if it won't get an ending?
>>
>>154570556
Because it's already so best due to CA arc (literally shonen version of Camus' Stranger), that even if we never get another chapter it's the best
>>
>>154570605
>anime camus

Kys. You've never read camus
>>
>>154570669
Not her, but where I'm from, Camus is required reading. I guess you're a burger who thinks he's super special because he read its plot summary on Wikipedia
>>
>>154567505
I think you mean the one where they die
>>
>>154570970
>being THIS stupid

I have actually read him. How on earth does CA in anyway shape or form resemble his writings? Why are you defending a retard?
>>
>>154570391
Isn't LOGH the The Wire of anime?
>>
>>154567110
I didn't mind the narration. Togashi said that he wrote the CA arc with the intention to putting these characters in complicated and uninspected situations and seeing how they would react. Which I feel the narration did fairly well.

It wasn't spoon-feeding as some would claim because there are certain scenes that people interpret differently. You weren't told exactly how the characters felt but it led you towards that conclusion as you saw the frustration and confusion on thier faces when something shocked and/or befuddled them.

And on a side note, the art in the CA arc, in the redrawn volumes, were some of the best of the series.
>>
Stop making this threads, asshole. No new content. You want to make this another fucking shitty general.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.