[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is the climate baton the worst weapon in anime?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: nami3.png (1MB, 1058x890px) Image search: [Google]
nami3.png
1MB, 1058x890px
is the climate baton the worst weapon in anime?
>>
>>154558993
I feel like it could be a cool concept but the vagueness of how it actually works makes it just seem like retardo magic via lazy writing.
>>
I don't care if it's retarded or the worst, I'd just like to be that baton so I could sit inbetween Nami's rack right now.
>>
It'd be a better weapon if it were in the hands of someone allowed to use it.
>>
I genuinely hate her weapon due to its silliness and uselessness. Don't get me wrong, the franchise is full of silly combat styles and powers, mainly through devil fruits and other sources. The problem I have with the baton is that those other powers are grounded in the reality of the world that has been crafted for the story whereas the weapon is not. Devil Fruit powers are as weird to other characters as they are to us, but they're established as a form of power early on and developed from there on. Nami's weapon is just some random combination of seashell technology and weather wizardry that feels stupidly out of place in the crew and in the world.

Also, she's a navigator, so her power is a magical weather baton? That's fucking dumb and/or lazy, even for this manga. Should honestly have more emphasis on her skills as a thief. More convoluted fights like Usopp would benefit her, as you can really exploit her quick wit and tricks of the trade to make some fun encounters. Nami is such a non-character at this point it hurts, and her weapon of choice only makes it worse.
>>
>>154561258
I like you
>>
>>154558993
Her abilities still look laughably underwhelming, she should be able to wreck havoc in New World using the weather to her advantage, like I expected her to go full natural disaster in entire islands then she just throws around underleveled lighting and wind
>>
File: 1483837846037.jpg (412KB, 610x1150px) Image search: [Google]
1483837846037.jpg
412KB, 610x1150px
>>154563435
I disagree, to a point.
It's definitely lazy, but I wouldn't call it dumb - at least at first.
I was delighted when Usopp first made it, it really integrated the technology and things they found along the way into a weapon that would work for Nami. And to have Usopp make it was the icing on the cake, at least for me.

Her CP9 fight with it was especially cool because it used exactly that, her wit and tricks of the trade, in conjunction with the climatact and weather knowledge.

That said, it has not been utilized properly since.
The weather wizards fit in the world - it makes perfect sense for weather to be something studied in the One Piece world. It would have been way better to hint at them earlier, but whatever.

Where it feels like an asspull, is the absolute lack of development that Nami has received since. Or the mention of the weather wizards since. Or her having a fight where she utilizes those things that make her great.

It's understandable, there are so many directions the story really needs to be pulled, with a main cast of nine, plot that needs to be moved forward, and a huge setting of characters that need the traditional One Piece treatment, of having fairly memorable characters.

But it sucks.
>>
>>154563435
Why not just give her a devil fruit power?
>>
File: stocking&nami.jpg (56KB, 433x273px) Image search: [Google]
stocking&nami.jpg
56KB, 433x273px
>>154558993
>is the climate baton the worst weapon in anime?

--- 1 --- How are all those big dials crammed into the rod?

--- 2 --- Nami carries it with her everywhere she goes because at unpredictable times, she whips it out from storage. But where does she store it? Her vagina is not wide enough to store all the sections broken down into 8 inch lengths (hurrr durr).

--- 3 --- The heat dial is dangerous to store inside her vagina. Just a simple press of the spot on the dial would cause it to discharge and Nami's already hot vagina would be stellar hot. Too hot for rated G family animation.

--- 4 --- Any large bulbs or round balls on the staff would not compress. So they must appear somewhere.
>>
>>154563435
She isn't a "non-character" just because she mostly assists in combat
>>
>>154561697
>It'd be a better weapon if it were in the hands of someone allowed to use it.
The Climatact ver.3 seems to be saved as a deus ex machina device to let Nami contribute to fights or get out of a dead end situation. It's power level and problems would become too apparent to the audience if it were used more often.
>>
>>154565706
she has always carried it on her waist
>>
>>154563435
It doesn't matter what skills or powers she has if she's not allowed to have fights, bro.
>>
>>154563613
This could be a nice concept but too bad. The One piece manga is too popular for the team to try and change their formula boring watered down stretched chapters and incompetent writing
>>
>>154566821
It is not there almost all the time. It only shows up on her waist immediately before she uses it and then not always. They're not even in holsters but appear glued to her waist. Therefore, it appearing as three very short sections on her waist seems to be an afterthought to try to preserve continuity. But if you connect those three tiny sections together, it would be far too short to be the actual Climatact.
>>
>>154558993
more like climax baton, we all know what she uses it for when no one is around
>>
>>154558993
Yes. Even in her fight against the CP9 it showed how laughable bad its power was when Oda had to reduce Kalifas capability so Nami stood a chance against her.
>>
I would have preferred if Nami fought with an object that ate the Weather Weather fruit. That way she is still an unpowered human and a weapon user and it would be consistent within the One Piece universe.
>>
>>154563613
>Her abilities still look laughably underwhelming

Yea but she's not valued for fighting abilities. Where she shines is her navigation skills.
>>
>>154558993
its probably the best Dildo
>>
What is Nami doing? Is she using it for pole dancing?
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.