[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts? It was a pretty good series. Bonus points that it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: 76709.jpg (38KB, 225x319px) Image search: [Google]
76709.jpg
38KB, 225x319px
Thoughts?

It was a pretty good series. Bonus points that it actually finished and did it nicely too.
>>
For a story about death games in some magic world, it was very human. Gets high points in my book.
>>
File: Wall of Cards.jpg (559KB, 1369x1073px) Image search: [Google]
Wall of Cards.jpg
559KB, 1369x1073px
>>154552698
Solid writing, the Author was able to build up a great cast and utilize them all to tell a very personal story. I agree that having a nice ending is a huge plus, so many series peter out at the end or jump the gun.

Overall there were a lot of creative scenarios and being able to shift perspective helped out in the long run. The unanswered questions don't bother me as much as it would in other mysteries but that's a plus because of the ending theme of moving on. 10/10 would dump for 4chan if I could be arsed to rip the translations.
>>
Shit ending. I don't know why people like it was all a dream ending.
I could write a better ending by making them all a mental hospital patient and they are just cray cray and imagining things. In the end they will be cured of their mental problems.
>>
>>154555419
>In the end they will be cured of their mental problems.
We went down that road with Mira. Whether or not it was a dream is left to be ambiguious. Certain things like that one guy being burned in and out of the Borderlands begs the question of "did he get burned in the Borderlands because it happened in the real world" or "did he get burned in the real world because it happened in the Borderlands". Not to mention that one detective commenting on alternate worlds in the end. We just don't know if it was real or not.
>>
>>154552698
I thought it was really solid overall and it was really nice that everything its place within the narrative. The ambiguity worked nicely here just because of the themes of the story and I hope to see the full series animated someday since the ova was just three episodes.
>>
>>154555192
Yeah, the author could have kept going with games until it was boring. Was good to see a proper ending.
>>
File: 030.jpg (630KB, 828x1300px) Image search: [Google]
030.jpg
630KB, 828x1300px
>>154555419
>it was all a dream
The sign on the right says Sanzu River.
Might be true, might just be Arisu's guess.

Coincidentally, Death Parade also had people's souls put in "mannequins" in the afterlife. And Arisu is shown as an Arisu mannequin when his soul leaves the Borderlands. Might be common symbolism.
>>
>>154552698
it finished? all translated too?
>>
>>154558308
Yes, translations finished last week.
>>
File: Alice_on_border_road.jpg (195KB, 1000x306px) Image search: [Google]
Alice_on_border_road.jpg
195KB, 1000x306px
Also there is another series by the same author called Alice on Border Road. I've been skimming the Raws and it's a different setup, and like the name implies its a road trip. Can't read moon so I don't know much else other than everyone who wakes up in this new place have a playing card with them. Trump cards are already present and MC has the Queen of Clubs.

Hopefully Nest Scans pics this up in the future because I'm jonesing for a new story.
>>
>>154559844
Honestly unless she turns out to be a bad guy I don't see how they could keep it interesting.
>>
>>154555016
>>154555192
yeah seriously, These deathgame manga are usually pure entertainment, but this actually stepped up above the genre.

Sidestories were incredible too, when you got sick of the MC.
>>
File: Would you game with a nudist.jpg (338KB, 1008x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Would you game with a nudist.jpg
338KB, 1008x1600px
>>154560981
>Sidestories were incredible too, when you got sick of the MC.
I didn't get sick of Arisu, but having entire volumes of other characters being able to solve problems and have their own development was a refreshing step away from the somewhat usual "the MC has to solve everything" type stories. Hell the fact that this guy spent pretty much the entire 10 of Hearts game locked in a closet was amazing.

I actually have a hard time deciding what my favorite game is because after a point, every one is really good. But I definitely give the best antagonist to Kyuuma. I love that nudist bastard.
>>
>>154561137
Yeah, exactly. New faces and developments are fun, but are often clunky. This method is far more interesting without having the protagonist steal every show.

My favorite arc was Jack of Hearts, that was fun, with a completely different setup than what you'd expect.
>>
>>154561525
>with a completely different setup than what you'd expect
It had a different ending than what was expected too. I wonder what those two are doing now?
>>
>>154563225
My interpretation is that they died, since they were all playing games on the border, while everyone else rejected the offer to stay.

They don't appear on the dead people screen but Mira did, so I'm not completely sure where that really goes.
>>
>>154563448
Mira and the other citizens arrived months before Arisu's group. But if they were all in that incident at the same time it begs the question of how time functions and how displaced people are. One minute for Arisu was weeks, and that same minute was months for others it seems. Maybe they did die or maybe they are still in the Borderlands competing against another seed of people I can't really say.
>>
>>154563225
>>154563448
They stay in borderlands, what else?

Borderlands is some purgatory, with no good or evil.
>>
>>154563711
>what else?
I'm just wondering about how time works. Do Banda and the other guy just keep playing until they die now and then their body in the real world just kicks it? From Arisu's perspective, have all the people who woke up after their heart stopped represent every single person across however many iterations of games that chose to decline citizenship? Probably but it feels wonky because technically Arisu got out but the games continued with the next group comprised of people who were also in that meteor shower.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.