[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Holy fucking shit it just dawned on me

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 5

File: Kyon-and-haruhi.jpg (133KB, 530x327px) Image search: [Google]
Kyon-and-haruhi.jpg
133KB, 530x327px
/a/ seriously my mind is blown; she's CHUUNI. That's what she is. This just occured to me.
MIND=BLOWN
>>
>>154514082
but the show is through kon's eyes
>>
It only took the word becoming extra popular on /a/ for you to even realize that, eh?
>>
Not at all, you're a retard.
She ran into chuuni folk when she was looking through occult clubs and such and was very much disappointed with those losers.
>>
Are we being raided?
>>
Kyon is. Just sayin'.
>>
>>154514166
Haruhi is textbook chuuni, m8
>>
Forget what the slowpoke said just post Haruhi
>>
>>154514251
No she's not. What does she do that makes her chuuni?
>>
>>154514082
OP, how does it feel being retarded?
>>
>>154514082
Her abilities are canon though. It's the entire point of the story.
>>
>>154514322
Well, first off she thinks she's above normal people which is why she only wants to interact with aliens and espers and time travellers. She also thinks she can do anything like win an Oscar from the crappy home movie she made. I'd have to really take a trip down memory lane to list all her chuuni characteristics.
>>
>>154514469
No, your displaying your retardation again. She's looking for abnormal people precisely because she doesn't think she's above normal people.

And she doesn't seriously think her crappy video could win an oscar. It's a joke.
>>
File: 1435695705723.jpg (71KB, 442x304px) Image search: [Google]
1435695705723.jpg
71KB, 442x304px
>>154514262
just for u
>>
>>154514082
This is bait.
A chuuni is someone who believes that they are special to give them feelings of self-worth.
Haruhi simply believes in the paranormal; you're claiming that anyone who believes in ghosts is chuuni.
>>
>>154514563
Oh okay I see, you've got your own headcannon going on. When someone says "normal people are boring" they think they're above them and are probably chuuni. If she didn't think she was above normal people she wouldn't have been an antisocial brat.
>>
>>154514469

Fuck
>>
>>154514653
She literally spells it out for you with her baseball stadium story but I guess you really are a retard.
She sees herself (and the people around her, before starting SOS) as normal, and thus boring. Because she doesn't think she's special, she wants to meet special people. And if you still don't believe this, the fact that she's satisfied with the antics of the SOS group, people she perceives as normal people, reveals that she really just wanted to feel that special bond with people. If she truly thought herself above the rest, she wouldn't be content with living the "normal" life with her friends.
>>
/a/ seriously my mind is blown; she's GIRL. That's what she is. This just occured to me.
MIND=BLOWN
>>
>>154514822
The only reason she was content was because she fell for Kyon and he made her appreciate the world. It's not my fault you don't see her chuuni behaviour because it isn't subtle at all. You should just rewatch the series.
>>
File: 75369.jpg (33KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
75369.jpg
33KB, 225x350px
some people believe that kyon is actually the god of the series because he is the one that gets the benefits of the ESPer, alien, and time traveler. Kind of a retarded theory but I guess its possible
>>
>>154514125
Maybe he's actually the chunni.
>>
>>154514971
>hurr you dont see it
Then go ahead and tell me. The shit you named so far isn't chuuni at all.
>>
>>154514653
>they think they're above them
Here anon, just so you don't tire yourself, the lines before this were when she went to a baseball game with her family.
"Before that, I had always felt myself to be special. I was happy with my family, and I felt I was
with the world's most interesting people in my class. Yet from that time on, I realized things
weren't like that. The experiences I had in school that I thought were the happiest things in the
world, turned out to exist in every school. For the whole nation, this was nothing special. When I
discovered that, the whole world around me lost its color. I brush my teeth and go to sleep, then
wake up and have breakfast. You see these things everywhere.
"I found it extremely boring when I realized all these things are all part of a person's ordinary
life. I believe that since there're so many people in this world, there has to be someone who's
living an extraordinary, exciting life. But why isn't that person me?
"Before I graduated from elementary school, I thought all about it. So when I entered junior high,
I decided to change myself. I wanted to let the world know, I'm not a girl who will only sit and
wait. I believe I've tried my best, but everything's the same as it's always been. And now I'm in
high school, still hoping for something to change."

She doesn't belie herself to be special, she wants to find someone special.
>>
>>154515021
Considering that you just dismissed my evidence as "LOL SHE WUZ JUST JOKING" when she literally never jokes about her goals, I could name ten more things and that's the best you'd give me.

>>154515057
She comes to the realization that she's just an ordinary little girl and completely rejects that realization which results in the universe being re-written so that she isn't just some ordinary girl.
>>
>>154514082
OP how long did it take you before coming to this realization?
>>
>>154515155
If you honestly believe Haruhi was sitting at home that night of the festival by the phone waiting for the call of the academy for her oscar invitation, you really are a retard.
>>
>>154515204
I watched it subbed when it first aired so, right until just now. I feel retarded but it's a satisfied sort of retarded, ya know?
>>
>>154515155
>She comes to the realization that she's just an ordinary little girl and completely rejects that realization which results in the universe being re-written so that she isn't just some ordinary girl.
Yes and no, the universe got rewritten, if it actually was, for interesting things to exist. She herself doesn't believe she's special in any way nor looks for ways to be special herself. Instead she believes there's someone out there who's out of the ordinary and wants to meet them. Chuuni kids go the other way around, craving to be special and looking to stand out among the rest.
>>
>>154515440
OP here, this guy you've been arguing with isn't me btw. Don't the likes of Rikka and Dekomori REALLY know what they're doing is bullshit deep down? I don't think actual delusion is a criteria for it. It can be but isn't a chuuni at the end of the day just a too-serious larper?
>>
>>154515475
I see you're retarded, I won't discuss this shit anymore.
>>
>>154515472
God damn I was actually going to say I hope you didn't watch during airing. Maybe there's some sort of effect on you for watching it back then when chuuni was much less prevalent in anime that made it less obvious. Either way, help yourself.
>>
>>154515440
Haruhi isn't dumb, I'm sure she realizes that she would have to do a few more showings before she get the invitation.

>>154515475
>She herself doesn't believe she's special in any way nor looks for ways to be special herself

Fucking bullshit, in episode 1 you hear tales about the infamous Haruhi from people who knew her in grade school and she was always behaving like a special snowflake. She introduction speech was basically, "If you're not special, don't bother talking to me, you're not worth my time." Anyone who's not autistic can infer that she thought of herself as above normal people.
>>
>>154515660
Why are you inferring anything when her monologue tells us that he "melancholy" comes from when she realizes that she's not special and she's just another person in a crowd. She tells Kyon this outright why are you making up headcanon? Wanting to be around special people doesn't mean thinking you're special.
>>
>>154515616
Okabe from Steins;Gate is a chuuni (they outright call him a chuuni in the anime and VN) and even he acknowledges he's just larping.
>>
Why does being called retarded when I know I utterly deserve it feel so satisfying guys?
>>
>>154515616
That's a really trick question because it's a mental health deal. It's rarely black and white, at some level even those with clinical crippling delusions know "deep down" it's not real.

But even given your too-serious larper angle, Haruhi doesn't fit. Her default isn't some roleplay shit, she's a normal girl. She's simply easily excited, impulsive and expressive. She's fooling around with her friends making movie, she blabbers on about how they're gonna create this great work of art worthy of praise, how Mikuru is gonna be a great star.
>>
>>154515831
Making what Haruhi is doing simply not ever breaking character then? Which is par-for-the-course with chuunis I'd imagine.
>>
>>154515771
>Wanting to be around special people doesn't mean thinking you're special.

It means you think you're too special for normal people. Either that or she's so autistic that doesn't ask herself "I'm just an ordinary girl but if I don't even want to be around normal people, why would special people want to be around me?"
>>
>>154515660
She was trying to attract special people with her outrageous behaviour. But again, she fucking spells it out during the baseball flashback - she doesn't see herself as special and that's why she's looking for that quality in the people around her.
>>
>>154515909
>It means you think you're too special for normal people.
No it doesn't you fucking autist. I don't want to be around fans of wrestling, not because I think I'm better, but because I have no interest in that.
>>
>>154515909
She wants to be around cool things like aliens and time travelers because that would be cool. This is really simple, if anything is autistic it's you.
>>
>>154515903
And what character would that be? What exactly is she pretending to be?
>>
>>154515960
>>154515985
then she's so autistic that doesn't ask herself "I'm just an ordinary girl but if I don't even want to be around normal people, why would special people want to be around me?"
>>
It feels like it's been ages since I've seen a good "Kyon is really the one with powers" debate.
>>
>>154515999
A human. Since she's not one.
>>
>>154516008
She's genki.
>>
>>154516008
Nevermind the goalposting moving, for one I think she does ask herself that one some level and that reflection and realization lead to her melancholy. And second, one reason for them to approach her would be because she goes out of her way to attract them.
>>
>>154515999
An ubermensh

>"Pfft, you still didn't finish your summer homework, Kyon? You can do that shit in like three days!"

Right Haruhi, because normal students can knock out a month's worth of homework in three days.
>>
>>154516043
But she's not acting. She doesn't know she's not human.
>>
>>154516108
Just according to keikaku
>>
>>154514469
>she thinks she's above normal people
no
>She also thinks she can do anything like win an Oscar from the crappy home movie she made.
That's just her playing around. It's stated in the show that Haruhi is a realistic girl deep down and doesn't believe that stuff. That's why nothing of the sort happened. If she thinks she can win an Oscar, she will.
>>
File: 1387529367369.gif (718KB, 500x598px) Image search: [Google]
1387529367369.gif
718KB, 500x598px
>>154515632
Rude way to conceding, but I accept your confession to being completely braindead.

>>154515660
Yeah, she was making an effort to find that special thing. She probably went with the "make yourself visible" instead of looking for a drop in the ocean, acting the part to appear special. And that's the fundamental difference, she wants to meet special people even while knowing she's normal herself.

>>154516008
And that's why she plays the part of eccentric.

>>154516091
But she's pretty smart dude, she basically did the fundaments for the theory of time travel while playing around.
>inb4 headcanon
Editor-in-chief afead, that was her contribution to the literature's club's anthology.
>>
Your waifu is a chuuni, deal with it.
>>
>>154516331
make me
>>
>>154516331
You don't know what chuuni means, deal with it.
>>
>>154516396
A kiddie with delusions of grandeur like Haruhi.
>>
>>154516465
If they're not larping it's not chuuni. She's just an eccentric weird girl.
>>
>>154516465
Keep at it, maybe someone will take you seriously one day.
>>
>>154516465
That's not what it means and that's not exactly what she is, so that makes you wrong twice
>>
>>154516517
>>154516531
>>154516565
She's a chuuni. /discussion
>>
>>154516517
That's the real debate then isn't it?
Is she eccentric?
Or is she chuuni?
All chuunis are eccentric so we must outline why she is not chuuni.
>>
File: no_u.png (157KB, 300x475px) Image search: [Google]
no_u.png
157KB, 300x475px
>>154516683
>>
>>154516708
>we must outline why she is not chuuni.
Because she's not larping. This is really simple.
>>
>>154516531
>maybe someone will take you seriously one day.

Don't give him false hopes anon, it's cruel.
>>
>>154516708
Because her default state is normal girl.
>>
>>154514982
I always thought that. I mean, it's normal for the idol girl of the school to fall in love with MC's but if try to take the anime a little serious you can see that she is everything kyon ever dreamed of.

>shes forceful enough to take him to do the shit he wanted to do
>shes shameless enough to show him the goods
>shes powerful enough to realize any of the delusions he had when he was younger
>shes cute as fuck

Her existence makes everything he wished for when he was younger to be truth.
>>
>>154516759
>Haruhi: "Come on Mikuru, shoot a fucking beam out of your eye already!"
>>Kyon: "Calm down bitch, you can't make her literally shoot beams out of her eyes"
>Haruhi: "Oh... uh yeah, I know but still!"

Totally not larping
>>
>>154516906
>Her existence makes everything he wished for when he was younger to be truth.
>the final volume (Ha!) will have her disappear because she's just kyon's machination
That's the day I say bye to this world.
>>
>>154516918
Do you not have friend irl?
>>
>>154516906
yeah his superpower is just being the protagonist though

>>154516918
she meant (as she also says in that sequence) that mikuru should act like shooting beams out of her eyes
because she's a director and mikuru the actress
and they're making a movie
>>
>>154516918
That's the point of that arc, dumbass. In these 5 episodes, Haruhi loses control of herself by shooting a movie and has more trouble making a difference between fiction and reality, hence the weird stuff (shoot a beam, real supernatural things). It's solved by having her say a disclaimer.
>>
>>154516918
Why are you acting like Chuuni is this vague thing that you can be on a technicality? Do you not get that's it something definite and if they had wanted Haruhi to be one they would have done it explicitly?
>>
>>154516906
>Kyon wanted all the things that turn out to be real, to be real
>the endless summer only ends when his home work is done
>both girls he got close to ended up with god powers

And so on.
>>
>>154517025
>>154517018
>>154516978
You just keep coming up with excuses for this chuuni.
>>
>>154514082
You're an autistic retard. I'm sorry you had to find about it this way.
Go to reddit, they have discussions congruent with your mental faculties.
Thread posts: 76
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.