[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Everyone asks what makes good anime good, but what makes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

Everyone asks what makes good anime good, but what makes bad anime bad?
>>
Things happen in it that I don't like.
>>
What makes any work of media bad? More negative elements then positive elements to make up for them.
>>
>>154508503
>but what makes bad anime bad?

According to /a/ the quality of an anime is determined by the quality of it's fanbase and by how much Reddit or MAL likes it.
>>
Failure to engage and captivate the viewer
>>
Pacing issues is a major problem.

Ex:
Okay, so for 10 minutes of this 20 show, the main characters have been standing around in one area and talking, or fighting without any progress.

So many flashbacks that something that should have been resolved in 5 episodes takes the whole season.
>>
If I find myself waiting for it to be over
>>
>>154508503
Bland character stories. Because then we just focus on their characterization, which is usually not unique. Good examples are waifus, they are usually the same thing but their stories and development give them their uniqueness.
>>
Shitty writing
>>
>>154508503
>Anime you like
Shit.
>Anime I like.
Good.
>>
>>154508503

Bad things in it.
>>
>lack of effort or interest from the creators
>unwillingness to experiment with the medium to find the best way to tell the story with the given budget
>pandering too hard to a given demographic
>overuse of cliches, overdone tropes, and common character archetypes without any sense of irony or attempt at subversion or reinvention of those tropes, especially if they're popular currently (e.g. isekai stories)
>no thought into visual, sound, and character design
>>
Fat girls.
>>
>>154508503
When a shitty girl is destined to win the MCbowl.
>>
>>154508503
It's very simple, if I like it is good, if I don't like it is bad, so basically you all have to wait for me to get into a thread and give my opinion.
>>
>>154508503
A bad anime doesn't explore the use of art direction, animation, sound design and music for purposes of conveying the setting of the story, the tone of a scene, the importance of a cut.

For example any anime that has elaborate animation in the combat scenes and then is a slideshow when the pace is slower is a bad anime.

You could argue that other things come into account when deciding what makes a bad anime, such as story, but really if the script was bad then the anime shouldn't have been made in the first place. An anime adaptation of a trash isekai light novel can still be great if the media used to convey the trash story is convincing enough.
>>
>>154509106
>>154508684
>According to /a/
Every Anime is shit
Every Anime is Aots
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.