[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why was .hack//SIGN the only good mmo anime? Why didn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: hack-sign-screenshot-5-600x338.png (79KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
hack-sign-screenshot-5-600x338.png
79KB, 600x338px
Why was .hack//SIGN the only good mmo anime?

Why didn't Yureka get an anime adaption?
>>
>>154501165
I've always wanted to get into .hack// I was pretty interested in the games but they're impossible to get nowadays. I've been told sign has a lot of talking in it so I kinda stayed away
>>
>>154501444
You could try looking for the pal versions, they are cheaper and easier to get. Or you could pirate, the ps2 is pretty hacked nowadays.

The series definitely has lots of talking, the best points are the atmosphere and godlike soundtrack. .hack//roots had more action but the soundtrack wasn't as good
>>
>>154501545
>godlike soundtrack
did it use songs like links
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVfkIsdyrgU
I tried playing the first gu game although I beat it emulating it was mess may never try that again I mean I did use a toaster though. In roots is haseo played by sasuke like he was in the games.
>>
Other than the OST, it didn't really have much going for it. It was mostly just boring.
>>
>>154501924

Judge for yourself
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeOsahbBZ7U
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_g83wO0g6Q

>In roots is haseo played by sasuke like he was in the games.
Not in japanese, no idea about the dub
>>
>>154501165
Log Horizon is good
>>
I used to use .head//Sign as a sleep aid when I was a kid.
>>
it actually wasn't very good. even if I did kinda like it
>>154501444
the 1st series games weren't all that great, even if the music was better. the 2nd series was fun
>>
>>154502682
Second Seasons deans otherwise
>>
>>154501165
Because instead of the MC being a gary stu LN harem magnet, she actually has a lot of depth to her character. It was also pretty interesting because Tsukasa was almost like a villain for a large part of the show, and it was up to the secondary characters to do all the important things. In addition to that it actually handles depression and isolation very well, more than I've seen in most other anime that try to tackle these topics. Instead of a bunch of epic MMO fights we're given a lot of introspection into the characters, and there's a lot of interesting dynamics going on and every character feels so unique and each one has a good deal of depth. Most of the complaints I've seen is that there isn't enough action, but the character interactions are good enough to make up for that.

It's really interesting, just slow sometimes.
>>
tfw we will never have another .hack/
>>
I'll get shit for this but I liked SAO. The first part where they were actually in SAO, everything after is cancerous shit.
>>
>>154506805
SAO had horrible pacing, he was already like level 80 by episode 3. There was never any challenge and the big focus on romance didn't help either
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.