[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The problem with mastermind anime

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 1

File: download (2).jpg (16KB, 273x185px) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
16KB, 273x185px
I've just started code geass because there's nothing more that I love than a good show about mind games and I've heard great things about it. However it seems like code geass has the same problem that seems prevalent in almost every psychological anime. Plotholes, logical inconsistencies and poor writing. (continued)
>>
>>154444776
I'm on episode 2 of code geass but already there's tons of things that don't make sense. If he was ok with ordering about 20 soldiers to kill themselves why didn't he order the gray haired girl to kill herself, she already saw his face and she'll probably go looking for her nightmare afterwards. Wouldn't he want to tie up loose ends? Also when he orders her to give him her nightmare she gives him a key and a code, but when the rebels find the train filled with nightmares they're able to pilot them immediately. Are those things shipped with the key in the ignition and a sticky note with the code needed to start the mech in the cockpit or something? I totally buy that the empire of brittania has incompetent military leaders since they probably received their positions due to nepotism and not through merit so I can buy that they freak out when things go to shit. However, when they get a report from their soldier that the rebels are using their mechs and you hear the general say that they're intercepting their communications they're clearly aware that the enemy can see them or their radar right, just like lelouch. Doesn't it work both ways. After their mechs were wiped out and when they prepared to flank them shouldn't they be aware that since all of the enemy combatants are using their mechs that as long as their radars are up they can't sneak up on them. Also how the hell does he know how to pilot a nightmare anyway? The real problem with these kind of anime is that usually it's far easier to shut your brain off and ignore plot holes or bad writing when you don't have to think to much but when I watch an anime like this I can't help but think what I'd do in the mc's situation and if the decisions that the characters are making are rational or not, this makes it really damn hard to not notice these flaws.
>>
>>154444776
before i answer your questions you need to answer mine: is it an actually good bait or are you really a nitpicking autist?
>>
>>154444896
Neither I just like to watch a good show with mind games where characters don't make unfounded assumptions that reality molds itself to fit like death note, or where there aren't any glaringly obvious plot holes.
>>
>>154444896
So to answer your question I'm the latter, minus the autist part...I hope. Seriously how do you enjoy shows that
>>
>>154445084
psychological drama and mind games when the outcome of the mind games don't make sense.
>>
>>154445056
okey let's start
most "plotholes" you'll encounter while watching aren't actually plotholes when you think about them a little longer, specially looking back when you will have watched both seasons

>how the hell does he know how to pilot a nightmare
He trained for months on a mecha simulator he bought at the black market,besides that he's only average at piloting

Don't turn off your brain unless you want to end that like those retards who sperg out
>le epic trainwreck so bad its good XD

because they could't follow the basic plot

this anime is also pretty self-aware so when you think something is ridiculous the creators probably also thought so. there's a lot of scenes for pure entertainment, you'll know what I'm talking about once you get there

keep watching faggot
>>
Code geass is overrated shit.
>>
>>154445251
>>154444776
>Don't turn off your brain unless you want to end that like those retards who sperg out
>le epic trainwreck so bad its good XD

Spotted the 20 year old.
>>
>>154444783
The gray hair girl then moves over to support him I think, don't quite remember how it went tho
>>
>>154444776
It's loved by teenagers what did you expect. Lelouch is one of the worst tactician ever, just watch LOGH, HxH, Monster, Conan or Akagi instead
>>
people make mistakes
>>
Euphie gets mindcontrolled into committing genocide.
>>
>>154444776
>Be me.
>Love playing chess.
>Watch code geass.
>Laugh my fucking ass off at the chess in the show.
Does this show really think that it is smart? Or is it self aware?
>>
>>154449110
Kaiji too. The first seasons rock-paper,-scissors game had the most well written mind game ever. The rules were set and no asspulls happened to sabotage the intensity of the game. Every move made sense and the psychology of the game was spot on.
>>
I don't even get why people think Lelouch is an realist while Suzaku is an idealist when it's the opposite.
Suzaku's plan is possible in their world because of the knight of rounds system. Lelouch's plan is just plain stupid that doesn't make sense. You can't stop war ever by killing yourself. Hitler did it and failed. Humans are naturally competitive and power hungry.
>>
>>154445461
Spotted the -3/4 year old
>>
>>154450287
Pretty certain Hitler wasn't trying to pull a Zero Requiem.
>>
>>154450432
Lelouch's plan needed that people doesn't know what his intentions are. What makes you say that it wasn't Hitler plan wasn't the same?
>>
>>154450287
Britannia and their warmongering and the fight with the black knights and everything the whole plot builds up to is a twisted mess, and Lelouch knew that people were stupid, so the only way to move forward was to take over, divert the people's attention, and create a better world with the zero requiem.
>>
>>154450636
It didn't work because the plan is stupid and idealistic.
It's like > I'm gonna kill a bunch of people and someone would kill me and hope for the best LUL.
It only worked on Code Geass because it has shitty writing and decided to make a Disney ending. After 10 years they realized that ending was so shit they decided to make season 3.
>>
Light Yagami: We actually get to hear his inner monologue, follow his train of thought and understand the reasoning behind his strategies

Lelouch: HURR DURR SECRETLY I PLANTED BOMBS UNDER THE FLOOR ALL ALONG NOW I PRESS BUTTON AND WIN
>>
>>154450718
I only like plans that involve potato chips
>>
>>154450555
Hitler was a political leader who blamed the Jews for his countries post-WWI problems and so led his country into war and genocide. The only keikaku doori was maybe auschwitz.
>>
>>154450287
Suzaku did not start out as a knight. They needed Suzaku to move up in ranks faster, because of the Black Knights. To show that there was a Japanese person who was able to rise up the ranks and assimilate into their regime they had to usher Suzaku up faster.

If Lelouche hadn't joined the Black Knights and given Britannia a run for their money there would have been no need to give Suzaku any promotions. Why can't you people understand this? It happens all the fucking time.
>>
>>154444783
>but when the rebels find the train filled with nightmares they're able to pilot them immediately. Are those things shipped with the key in the ignition and a sticky note with the code needed to start the mech in the cockpit or something?
Equipment ready to start is actually standard for military all around the world. You don't want unnecessarily delays, and realistically if some foreign agents are inside your warehouse or camp without problems and can just take over vehicles that aren't even being used like that, you're already fucked.

The radar stuff is messy, yeah.
>>
>>154450714
Did you actually understand the last few episodes of the show
Like, there was an epilogue by Kallen that literally says his plan worked.
He wasn't trying to make the world eternally peaceful forever, the world was twisted by war, and to put an end to it all he placed himself in the position to be blamed for everything and then had himself killed to cement in the history books the death of lelouch the tyrant and the start of a new era.
>>
>>154450718
If L was a competent detective/investigator then he would have checked the garbage of his suspects.

If the police were competent they would have had security video of Light in the police department with Ray Penbar's fiance, which was the last time she was seen by anybody.

It's not that Light was smarter than Lelouch, it's just that everyone around him were incompetent at their jobs.
>>
>>154450924
In all honesty, it would have created a power vacuum.
>>
>>154450924
Like I said it was a Disney ending. You can't stop war by making yourself hated by the world and getting killed. Hitler already did it. Why do you think there is season 3 and not even a year has passed and war is still going?

Best plan is always the nuke route Schenezeilsadfsdgf was right.
>>
>>154450718
I read this post as
>I cannot understand lelouch's plans so they're bad
>>
>>154450783
Burning the Reichstag (or the swift actions after the commies burned it depending on who you believe)
Marching into the Rhineland and daring France to start a war knowing Germany would get annihilated if they did
Molotov-Ribbentrop pact, and subsequent backstab
and sending the army through Belgium even if it was an old trick by then

were all pretty keikaku doori, hell getting the (((bankers))) to finance him 'to counter the commies and preserve the capitalist structure' as he was first gaining power probably counts as well
>>
>>154450287
you honestly think Suzaku, someone viewed as a subhuman, will be allowed to be one of the knights? the only reason he became a knights of rounds is because of Lelouch
>>
>>154450983
It did, it did do exactly that, that's what suzaku and nunally were handling in the epilogue. The whole goal of the Zero Requiem was to stop the continual cycle of war, and it worked.
>>154451002
You seem to be fixated on Hitler comparisons which is kind of weird honestly. Lelouch isn't Hitler and the Zero Requiem is both ideologically and practically NOT the Final Solution.
And it wasn't a disney ending, he died and left all the diplomatic hard work up to his companion. There was no "magically everything is good now forever happily ever after", as evidenced further by season 3 being made, but if a story wrapping up nicely is what you call a disney ending, please consider suicide.
>>
>>154451222
The emperor of Britannia is a fair man. He view someone with skills as equals hence his lover is just a commoner.
Lelouch is just a butthurt spoiled brat that doesn't realize he his is father's favorite child and just wanted to protect him from V.V so he sent him away and declared that he's dead.
>>
>>154451293
True that the Emperor valued merits above all else. But most if not all the nobles view elevens as subhuman and would have kept Suzaku at the lowest post out of view of everyone else.
>>
>>154451267
Out whole argument is that Lelouch is stupid and that is my complaint. His plan is stupid. If he's really intelligent a better plan would be just using geass on the world leaders and and others who will step up thus stopping the war instead of killing millions of lives.
A few senile old men is not worth more than millions of lives.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.