[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

RIP Yami Shibai. Probably the greatest horror anime of the decade.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: yami_shibai[1].jpg (20KB, 300x410px) Image search: [Google]
yami_shibai[1].jpg
20KB, 300x410px
RIP Yami Shibai. Probably the greatest horror anime of the decade.
Current season is shit beyond salvation, there's no hope for the next one as well.
>>
File: Yami Shibai 3.jpg (207KB, 1008x387px) Image search: [Google]
Yami Shibai 3.jpg
207KB, 1008x387px
>>154418874
>Current season is shit beyond salvation
You have shit taste.
4 > 1 > 2 > 3
>>
Past 2 episodes was alright. The future recording was just weird, not really spooky.
>>
>>154419151
Eggsplain. The last episode I've watched was about a man sitting on the toilet. That was unbelievably bad.
>>
>>154419250
It's a standard spooky story. Man sneaks off from his wife to text his girlfriend, accidentally ends up in the Twilight Zone, encounters spooky shit. What's not to like?
>>
>>154418874
>greatest horror anime of the decade
Not like there's a lot of competition.
>>
>>154418874
I loved Yami Shibai but I barely want to finish 4th season. What went wrong? "Suddenly, 3DPD" that they do this season is completeley pointless.
>>
File: 1263.jpg (159KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1263.jpg
159KB, 1920x1080px
Oh so this is that thing always on NicoNico.
>>
>>154418874
Cheer up OP. With the oncoming laughing Salesman anime and that new creepy shorts show, you will have enough spoopy chink drawings for 2017
>>
File: fuan-bite[1].jpg (207KB, 600x461px) Image search: [Google]
fuan-bite[1].jpg
207KB, 600x461px
Btw if you like Yami Shibai, you should consider Seeds of Anxiety. It's a great manga, basically the same thing - short creepy stories.
>>
>>154420651
I just read all 3 volumes, I'd seen some of them online before but that was a fun little trip.
>>
It's honestly better than last season.
>>
>>154418874
first season was already mediocre
second season was trash
stopped watching right there.
>>
>>154418874
really that bad?
I remember loving the first 2 seasons but i didn't keep up with it.
Before i saw them i was convinced actually scary aniem was impossible, but the episode with the tall men on the videotape really got to me.
>>
>>154418874

I consider it better than the third season. Every story in the 3rd season was focused on random monsters, but they usually fell apart exactly when those goofy designs appeared on screen.

But, yeah, it's worse than the 2nd season which was already weak compared to the 1st season.

I don't think the stories themselves are bad though, the main issue is the whole presentation, with the narrator focus which takes the viewer out of the scene.
>>
>>154426425
>the narrator focus which takes the viewer out of the scene.
So much this. Shit would have been spookier if they'd just kept narrator only at the start to introduce characters or situation they are in.
I felt like they were trying to make viewers to sympathies with MCs more by explaining their feels and reactions, but it turned out the other way.
>>
>>154426659
Yami Shibai is meant to mimic a traditional Japanese storytelling with illustrated boards in a mini-stage. They're likely trying to make it closer to that by giving more lines to the narrator, but it just hurt the show overall.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.