[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rurouni Kenshin Hokkaido Arc

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 503
Thread images: 113

File: Rurouni Kenshin.jpg (619KB, 2056x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Rurouni Kenshin.jpg
619KB, 2056x1500px
>Jump Editor Sasaki Discusses New Rurouni Kenshin Manga in Subtitled Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b96YjQopWuw

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-03-10/jump-editor-sasaki-discusses-new-rurouni-kenshin-manga-in-subtitled-video/.113247

The new manga will have 5 arcs, and Kenshin is confirmed to return as the main protagonist.

Discuss.
>>
Isn't the protagonist that kid who picked up Shishio's sword?
>>
For what purpose?

One of the things I like about Kenshin is that it feels very complete, any more is just annoying
>>
File: 1417033757352.png (671KB, 1065x799px) Image search: [Google]
1417033757352.png
671KB, 1065x799px
>>
>>154416624
He changed too much with his Embalming manga from the one-shot and it flopped. He needs work and money so he's going back to the one series of his that was successful.
>>
File: Ashitaro.png (2MB, 1344x1003px) Image search: [Google]
Ashitaro.png
2MB, 1344x1003px
>>154416616
Ashitaro? Nah, he was just the lead in the spinoff that acted as a prelude to this new arc. He'll probably be a major character in the upcoming story though.
>>
>>154416624
Watsuki needs the money. The good news it that Hisashi Sasaki was the editor of Kenshin and is returning as the editor of this new arc. They'll ensure that Watsuki does this right.
>>
>>154416556
Honestly, the best case scenario here is that it flops. If it somehow ends up being massively successful, the mangaka can never do another series ever again. They'll just keep asking for more RK.
>>
I BRUSH AGAINST THE
FRECKLES THAT I HATED
SO MY LIFE GOES ON
AND I HEAVE A LITTLE SIGH FOR OYU
>>
Call me when they animate the original with all arcs and no more slideshow fights.
>>
>>154416793
Yeah, but if it flops he may never do anything at all anymore. Almost everything he's done since Kenshin flopped or got canned in the end. If a Kenshin series fails too that may be it for him as a mangaka.
>>
I remember everyone getting fucking psyched because of a Kenshin remake, sticky and all here. Then all we got was the fucking Shin Kyoto ova.

These old mangakas really need to stop returning to their old stories, it's like that guy who keeps writing Onizuka stories even though people haven't given a shit for 15 years.
>>
>>154416793
Well, Watsuki has tried making other new works but they just weren't as successful as Kenshin. Gun Blaze West was cancelled, Busou Renkin enjoyed limited success, and Embalming just never really took off.

I hope that the new Kenshin manga is successful and that it is good.

I honestly don't mind more Kenshin so long as it's good. If Watsuki can find a way to pull off a good sequel, then we'll be satisfied. He can always write new works later.
>>
File: saito_hajime.jpg (20KB, 431x403px) Image search: [Google]
saito_hajime.jpg
20KB, 431x403px
>>154416896
>implying Kenshin vs. Saito wasn't one of the best animated sword fights ever
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgAKj4FM-v8
>>
Didn't the story end because Kenshin had beaten all the demons from the pre meiji area, had dealt with all his shit from his past and had pushed himself so far that his body literally couldn't handle his swordstyle anymore?
>>
>>154417000
You cant blame them since in most cases it's the only 'good' thing they did.
>>
File: yoshitora-ss6art.jpg (164KB, 1244x908px) Image search: [Google]
yoshitora-ss6art.jpg
164KB, 1244x908px
>Watsuki is getting active again
>SNK says they want to do a new Samurai Shodown
Watsuki Worked on Samurai Shodown

I think I know where this is going.
>>
>>154416624
Money since all of his other works flopped, sad really.
>>
File: GintamaParody4.jpg (69KB, 700x394px) Image search: [Google]
GintamaParody4.jpg
69KB, 700x394px
>>154417039
>>
File: ctf.png (276KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
ctf.png
276KB, 1280x720px
>>154417096
Remember the non-canon OVA Rurouni Kenshin: Reflection that everyone fucking hated including Watsuki?

On paper, a story about a more aged Kenshin who's out of his prime who's thrust back into another adventure for one last time sounds good. It's just that Reflection had terrible execution and writing.

This could be Watsuki's way of doing a story like this right and erasing all traces of Reflection permanently.

Who knows? May we can also FINALLY see the Jinchuu arc get animated since they'd want to do anything to promote the new manga, which would in turn get animated too.
>>
Why is Kenshin's seiyuu so shit
>>
>>154417358
An FMA:B style remake of Kenshin would be dope
>>
>>154417358

I want a kenshin story about Zenosuke's friend who makes bombs. Fuck, just anyone making bombs as a main character would be great. Maybe that's a touchy subject in Japan or something.
>>
>>154417393
Why is your opinion so shit?
>>
if kenshin is going to be the protagonist of this, how is he going to fight? megumi said at the end of the manga that his body had taken too much damage. that's one of the reasons he gave yahiko his sword, so he could rest.

if this new manga gives us a chance for an anime reboot, maybe it'll be worth it.
>>
File: hiko seijuro.jpg (61KB, 400x685px) Image search: [Google]
hiko seijuro.jpg
61KB, 400x685px
>>154417400
You mean Sanosuke. And Tsunan doesn't really seem very main character material.

If ANYONE deserves there own spinoff manga, it's THIS motherfucker right here.

I would LOVE to see an origin story of Hiko Seijuro and how he mastered Hiten Mitsurugi.
>>
>>154417479
Kenshin gets a gun.
>>
>>154417011
>and Embalming just never really took off.

Because it tossed out everything interesting from the oneshot, had a boring MC, and the first half is a slog that takes forever to get anywhere.

He seriously should have just followed John Doe in his quest to build a waifu.
>>
>>154417506

Did kenshin technically "master" it? Seijuro's body didn't break eventually like kenshin's did.
>>
>>154417547
He mastered it, it's just that he doesn't really have the shape/build for the style like his master did (Kenshin is a manlet) and using it strained his body.
>>
File: Rurouni Kenshin end.jpg (84KB, 800x1338px) Image search: [Google]
Rurouni Kenshin end.jpg
84KB, 800x1338px
>>154417479
It's not that Kenshin can't fight so much as he's no longer in his prime and can't fight as effectively as before due to all the strain on his body.

It's like how boxing or MMA champions eventually have to retire from the sport since they're no longer in their prime. They can still fight, but just not as effectively as they once could.

Kenshin's in that state. He can still fight, but he's not what he once was, so Megumi told him that he just shouldn't.

The story will move in a direction where Kenshin will have no choice but to take up his sword again.

Perhaps his son Kenji will be kidnapped by those remnants of Shishio's Army that we saw in Ashitaro's story, and he has to go out and rescue him.
>>
>>154417526
This sounds like more the fault of a shitty editor if anything.
>>
>>154416793
Successful or not the guy it's just a one hit wonder.
>>
File: no.jpg (72KB, 400x259px) Image search: [Google]
no.jpg
72KB, 400x259px
>>154417524
How about YOU get a gun and shoot yourself for coming up with such a stupid idea?
>>
>>154417722
I wouldn't go that far. Buso Renkin, while not as successful, did sell pretty well.
>>
>>154417141
Wasn't Last Blade mainly based on Rurouni Kenshin's designs?
>>
>>154417479
Just a retcon. People will excuse anything.
>>
>>154417795

Based on, but that was just SNK being kenshin fans. He didn't work directly with SNK until Samurai Shodown 5. Sadly that game was shit & the company was basically dead at that point.

>Creator of Trigun did a design too
>It was the worst character in the series history

I hate Kusoragedo so, so fucking much.
>>
>>154417803
It's not a retcon. He and Yahiko sparred in the last chapter. Kenshin can still fight. He's just not what he once was.
>>
>>154417741
I'm not the retard trying to revive a finished manga for a shtty cashgrab.
>>
>>154417688
i would prefer if watsuki didn't go the kidnapping route. that's really over used. but then again, something detrimental does have to happen in order for kenshin to pick up his sword again so maybe kidnapping his son is the only way.

how much do you want to bet that even after saving his son, kenji vastly still prefers kaoru over kenshin lel.
>>
Are both parts of the Ashitaro's story already out?
>>
>>154418121
They came out months ago. Check the archive.
>>
>>154417946
But you ARE the retard presenting dumb ideas like giving a gun to a character who refuses to kill.
>>
>>154418121
yes. and i would recommend subscribing to shonen jump if you want to support the new manga. it's only 20 bucks for a yearly subscription.
>>
>>154418234
It was a joke, Muhammad. Fucking chill.
>>
They fucking cancelled Frankenstein because nips are tasteless faggots.

He doesn't need to do more Rurouni Kenshin. God damn.
>>
File: Kenji and Yahiko.jpg (69KB, 445x640px) Image search: [Google]
Kenji and Yahiko.jpg
69KB, 445x640px
>>154417982
It may be overused but it works when done effectively, and it's hard to think of many sensible scenarios where Kenshin has to take up his sword again aside from his son getting kidnapped.

>even after saving his son, kenji vastly still prefers kaoru over kenshin lel.
Kek. In all seriousness though, this could be a way for Kenji to better appreciate his father and develop his character along the way.

Maybe the new manga can start off with Kenshin as the main character, yet Kenji's character gets developed and he eventually replaces Kenshin as the main character like how Akira Toriyama originally planned for Gohan to take up Goku's mantle after the Cell saga in Dragon Ball Z yet was fucked over by his editors and fans.
>>
I remember reading that Watsuki deciding against his final arc were his son Kenji was tots jelly over Yahiko getting Kenshin's sword and became a total asshole culimating in the antagonists of the arc.

I hope he uses that cause the idea has potential.
>>
File: Sasaki.jpg (23KB, 400x299px) Image search: [Google]
Sasaki.jpg
23KB, 400x299px
>>154418466
No. They cancelled it because the editors of Jump SQ fucked with Watsuki's original idea and turned it into a generic battle manga with a bland protagonist, so it did poorly.

For the new Kenshin manga, Watsuki's original editor and former Jump editor in chief Sasaki is back to edit the new manga.

The two have always been a great team, so I have high hopes for Kenshin's next story.
>>
Watsuki seemed like such a chill dude from his commentary in RurouKen tankoubons. Shame his other mangas never took off.
>>
>>154418549
I remember hearing that too. I'm glad he decided against doing that since it'd be a shitty motivation for Kenji.
>>
Wasn't the strain of the Hiten Mitsurugi style through the years make Kenshin not be able to fight anymore?
>>
>>154419009
I remember reading those too. I loved how Watsuki would constantly talk shit about himself and his art and writing. It was so endearing.
>>
>>154419050
See >>154417688
>>
>>154419050
Thats why he's getting a gun
>>
>>154417524
>>154419077
Oh shut up...
>>
This reminds me I have to finish the manga

I ragequit once Kaoru died
>>
>>154419168
Don't worry he'll use rubber bullets.
>>
>>154419203
She doesn't die.
>>
>>154418531
that actually sounds like a good idea. i wouldn't mind kenji replacing kenshin if this new arc developed kenji. watsuki could easily make a story where kenji has to prove himself worthy of the sakabato against yahiko's son.
>>
File: time to stop.jpg (40KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
time to stop.jpg
40KB, 600x450px
>>154419209
>>
>>154418704

I read somewhere Watsuki clashes a lot with editors in the same vein as Kubo.

Kubo has a downright disdain for editors and constantly shitalks them in interviews.
>>
File: goro miura.jpg (129KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
goro miura.jpg
129KB, 1366x768px
>>154419383
Well it makes sense for Watsuki and Kubo if they're dealing with shitty editors. They're just the kind of authors that don't like their editors hijacking their manga and pissing on all their ideas.

Watsuki and Sasaki understood each other, got along well, and made RuroKen as success while Watsuki's editor at SQ fucked him over with Embalming.

Kubo had a good editor to work with early on and during the Soul Society arc, but clashed with his new editor during the Hueco Mundo arc and was forced to drag out the Fake Karakura town arc even further.

By the final arc, so much bad blood had developed between Kubo and his new editor that he finally gave him the middle finger and stopped listening to him.

Bakuman addressed how Jump/Shueisha editors aren't always right and that there are cases where series and mangaka have suffered due to incompetent editors.

Pic related.
>>
What kind of gun do you think he'll give Kenshin? I hope it's something period-appropriate and not too crazy. Maybe do a crossover chapter with Gun Blaze West characters too
>>
>>154417524
Fuck you and your blasphemous words
>>
>>154417039
Hijikata Gatotsu>Saito Gatotsu
>>
>>154417788
>did sell pretty well.
No it didn't, it got cancelled after 10 volumes
>>
Hopefully it's as good as Dragon Ball Super. The manga I mean.
>>
>>154417506
He'd just stomp everyone and everything. He was massively overpowered
>>
>>154416556
5 arcs? Seems like a lot but if it's good I'll be happy

>>154416793
fuck you
>>
i kind of wish watsuki would give kenshin and kaoru a daughter. imagine a little girl with kaoru's hair and kenshin's eyes and she just adores kenshin. (since kenji doesn't) she would enjoy helping kenshin with the laundry and cooking. would be cute.
>>
>>154417982
kenji being an annoying twat who hates his father isn't canon though
>>
>>154417479
He can still fight after Enishi, all we know is that by the end, he can't, IIRC it was about a 5 year time skip. So he probably can go for another two more years in-story, enough time for a plausible story arc
>>
Why are they making Kenshin fight again? Fuck man, this is the one MC I just want to rest. Don't fucking ruin that perfect ending. God damn it, I'm way too attached to these characters.
>>
File: hiko seijuro 2.jpg (39KB, 508x398px) Image search: [Google]
hiko seijuro 2.jpg
39KB, 508x398px
>>154420620
Yeah, but in the flashback Hiko laments that despite his strength that he cannot protect everyone, which could mean that he lost someone very close to him in his past despite how strong he'd become.

"It no longer surprises me. The smell of blood and the smell of white plums. It's a living hell where mankind is slaughtered by bandits. And it's also a hell where they are sold into slavery. Yes, it happens every day. In the past, and in the future. My sword is guided by the teachings of Hiten Mitsurugi. Yet, too often, I cannot use it to save even one person's life. Not one living soul. The only thing I can do is bury the corpses."

If they make an arc centered on Hiko's past and address this as well as how he was forced to kill his master to complete his training of Hiten Mitsurugi, then it would make for a very compelling story.
>>
Kenshin remains as the MC is fine by me, but Watsuki need to add more characters so his 2nd take of RK would look fresh

I for one would like to see another Hiten Mitsuruugi practitioner, the one who is about as good as Hiko but is working for the government (maybe a kempeitai like Saito, prolly his peer/contemporary, if not his superior). He would be a cool guy, but still funny and approachable (unlike dudes like Saito and Aoshi). Basically one of the "nice" guy with scheming smile and patronizing attitude.

He basically subscribed to Kenshin's idea of not killing people for the most part, but instead of going full Batman, he would gladly cut someone's head if that guy is a total scum of earth or is deemed too dangerous. And just like Kenshin, he could do both Nine-headed dragon slash and that legendary 2-step slash.
>>
>>154420899
of course kenji doesn't dislike kenshin as much as the ovas portrayed it, but you can't say that kenji doesn't vastly prefer kaoru over kenshin. but maybe it is just a mommy's boy attitude kenji temporarily has since he is just a kid.
>>
File: Kenji.jpg (75KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
Kenji.jpg
75KB, 853x480px
>>154421049
Hiten Mitsurugi is only passed down to one person at a time, and each master is given the name Hiko Seijuro (the Hiko we know is the XIIIth), so Kenshin running into another practitioner of his style is literally impossible.

Kenshin himself also declined the title of Hiko XIVth since he doesn't want to pass down assassination arts in an age of peace, and would rather see Kamiya Kasshin, a non-lethal swordsmanship style, be passed down to the next generation.

If Kenji becomes the main character, perhaps he can master both Mitsurugi and Kasshin and create a new style that combines the strength and precision of Mitsurugi with the non-lethal philosophy of Kasshin.
>>
>>154421396
I'd like to take some of the influence of the anime, which there are 2 Hiko; east and west

While Kenshin learned his trade from the east Hiko, this guy could replace Amakusa.
>>
File: n-no thanks.png (588KB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
n-no thanks.png
588KB, 1440x810px
>>154422417
>wanting filler arc nonsense to be made canon
>>
>>154416556
So how does Kenshin get his sword back? I'm pretty sure Yahiko has it. Unless this is supposed to be like Dragonball Super, and be about adventures that take place before the actual epilogue chapters of the original material.
>>
Why can't we just let it be over. It had a good ending then a bunch of crap afterwards. I loved it but I don't want to ruin it anymore.
>>
File: misao 43.jpg (1MB, 675x1920px) Image search: [Google]
misao 43.jpg
1MB, 675x1920px
Misao is best girl forever
>>
>>154423015
Yahiko will just give it back. The story is confirmed to take place 5 years after Kenshin beat Enishi. The epilogue chapter where Kenshin gave the sakabatou to Yahiko was 4 years after that, so this new story begins 1 year later.
So no Dragon Ball Super retcon bullshit.
>>
>>154420924
The manga is going to be set after the 5 year timeskip. It's a mistake IMO. They should set it immediatly after Enishi.
>>
>>154423264
This is so wrong. I liked that the story ended with Kenshin passing down the sword to a new generation. It felt appropriate.
>>
>>154423140
So long as Watsuki is charge and is teaming up with Sasaki again, then I have a good feeling that they'll do it right.
>>
>>154423407
There's literally no way to do this right. It's going to be forced and inferior to the original.
>>
>>154423401
I did too, but the theory we have is that something so drastic will happen in the story that Kenshin will be forced to take up his sword again. We've already discussed possibilities like his son getting kidnapped.

I agree that Rurouni Kenshin's ending was fucking perfect and it'd be weird to continue, but I have faith that Watsuki will do it right.
>>154423455
We'll see. Give Watsuki and Sasaki the benefit of a doubt.
>>
File: yahiko older.jpg (182KB, 667x591px) Image search: [Google]
yahiko older.jpg
182KB, 667x591px
>>154423401
>>154423264

Seriously why not just have a Ruroni Yahiko sequel. Fuck Ruroni Soujiro I don't care. People have been asking for those for literal decades. You can still worm in the Kenshin gang if sales need a spike
>>
File: Ashitaro cover.png (967KB, 674x1002px) Image search: [Google]
Ashitaro cover.png
967KB, 674x1002px
>>154416706
OP here. Dumping the prelude to the new arc.
>>
>>154423539
Yahiko can't move magazines
>>
File: Ashitaro 1.png (2MB, 1345x1002px) Image search: [Google]
Ashitaro 1.png
2MB, 1345x1002px
>>154423539
Watsuki already made a spinoff one-shot with Yahiko as the protagonist called "Yahiko no Sakabato". Google it.
>>
File: Ashitaro 2.png (1MB, 1346x1002px) Image search: [Google]
Ashitaro 2.png
1MB, 1346x1002px
>>
>>154423584

Just give him a rival and fangirls will buy his older tough boy magazine by the score
>>
File: Ashitaro 3.png (1MB, 1347x1002px) Image search: [Google]
Ashitaro 3.png
1MB, 1347x1002px
>>
File: Ashitaro 4.png (1MB, 1345x1002px) Image search: [Google]
Ashitaro 4.png
1MB, 1345x1002px
>>
File: Ashitaro 5.png (1MB, 1345x1002px) Image search: [Google]
Ashitaro 5.png
1MB, 1345x1002px
>>
File: Ashitaro 6.png (1MB, 1345x1003px) Image search: [Google]
Ashitaro 6.png
1MB, 1345x1003px
>>
File: Ashitaro 7.png (1MB, 1346x1001px) Image search: [Google]
Ashitaro 7.png
1MB, 1346x1001px
>>
>>154416677
>>154416778
>>154417210
>Watsuki needs the money
This is pretty sad desu. What makes it even sadder was that Oda was the guy's assistant for a few years, and he's a certified billionaire now.
>>
File: Ashitaro 8.png (1MB, 1345x1002px) Image search: [Google]
Ashitaro 8.png
1MB, 1345x1002px
>>
File: Ashitaro 9.png (1MB, 1345x1002px) Image search: [Google]
Ashitaro 9.png
1MB, 1345x1002px
>>
File: Ashitaro 10.png (1MB, 1345x1002px) Image search: [Google]
Ashitaro 10.png
1MB, 1345x1002px
>>
File: Ashitaro 11.png (1MB, 1345x1002px) Image search: [Google]
Ashitaro 11.png
1MB, 1345x1002px
>>
File: Ashitaro 12.png (1MB, 1347x1002px) Image search: [Google]
Ashitaro 12.png
1MB, 1347x1002px
>>
>>154423504
>I did too, but the theory we have is that something so drastic will happen in the story that Kenshin will be forced to take up his sword again. We've already discussed possibilities like his son getting kidnapped.

Even though that happens, it would suck seeing Kenshin unable to fight like he did before. He will be stomped, and no more godspeed, no more Kuzuryuusen, Amakakeru, all the things that made Hiten Mitsurugu awesome. What's the point?
>>
File: Ashitaro 13.png (1MB, 1344x1001px) Image search: [Google]
Ashitaro 13.png
1MB, 1344x1001px
>>
I bet Watsuki regrets not having extended Kenshin with extra arcs before Jinchuu back in the day.

Now he has to continue the story after it was perfectly closed and with a limited MC and it's going to be though.
>>
>>154423637
>>154423653

You're Kamatari aren't you?
>>
File: Ashitaro 14.png (1MB, 1347x1001px) Image search: [Google]
Ashitaro 14.png
1MB, 1347x1001px
>>154423711
Fun fact: Oda created, or at least played a heavy hand in creating Kamatari. It was probably Oda's idea that Kamatari turned out to be a trap.
>>
File: Ashitaro 15.png (1MB, 1344x1001px) Image search: [Google]
Ashitaro 15.png
1MB, 1344x1001px
>>
File: Ashitaro 16.png (1MB, 1345x1002px) Image search: [Google]
Ashitaro 16.png
1MB, 1345x1002px
>>154423803
The point would be to show Kenshin still finding ways to kick ass despite being out of his prime and rely on his wits with his age making him wiser, kinda like Wolverine in Old Man Logan. Remember that Watsuki is heavily inspired by Western comics.
>>
File: Ashitaro 17.png (1MB, 1346x1003px) Image search: [Google]
Ashitaro 17.png
1MB, 1346x1003px
>>154423849
Nah. I think Watsuki told the stories he wanted to tell.
>>
File: Ashitaro 18.png (1MB, 1344x1001px) Image search: [Google]
Ashitaro 18.png
1MB, 1344x1001px
>>154423904
Nope. Kamatari has a penis.
>>
File: Ashitaro 19.png (2MB, 1346x1002px) Image search: [Google]
Ashitaro 19.png
2MB, 1346x1002px
>>
File: Ashitaro 20.png (2MB, 1344x1002px) Image search: [Google]
Ashitaro 20.png
2MB, 1344x1002px
>>
>>154424002
He did wanted to do the Hokkaido arc, though. It's on an interview and even on the manga volumes. But after a lot of thought he decided to end it in Jinchuu before there was a drop in quality.
>>
File: Ashitaro 21.png (1MB, 1345x1002px) Image search: [Google]
Ashitaro 21.png
1MB, 1345x1002px
>>
>>154424002

I find this turn events to be highly unlikely. Shishio was on the top level of the vase when it exploded. Even if he was the last fucker out he wouldn't be anywhere near the blade and that's if it survived at all
>>
File: Ashitaro 22.png (1MB, 1345x1002px) Image search: [Google]
Ashitaro 22.png
1MB, 1345x1002px
>>154424059
Really now? I guess he entertained the idea before taking the manga in a different direction since he didn't want it to drag on too long. Perhaps he can utilize the previous ideas he had and apply them to the direction the story has gone.
>>
>>154423987
If he can find a way to make that interesting, sure, go with it. But I guess we'll have to say goodbye to Kuzuryu and Amakakeru. I'd doubt he could go toe to toe with monsters like Soujiro anymore though.
>>
File: Ashitaro 23.png (1MB, 1346x1002px) Image search: [Google]
Ashitaro 23.png
1MB, 1346x1002px
>>154423626
Yahiko already has/had a rival. Yutarou. Speaking of which...
>>
File: Ashitaro 24.png (1MB, 1346x1002px) Image search: [Google]
Ashitaro 24.png
1MB, 1346x1002px
>>
File: Misao Yahiko shenaghins.jpg (185KB, 665x481px) Image search: [Google]
Misao Yahiko shenaghins.jpg
185KB, 665x481px
>>154424059
>before there was a drop in quality.

Yes. "before." Because certainly mecha, and grenade launcher hand apocalypse man and pretending to kill Kaoru so Kenshin would spend the whole arc sulking is the usual metric of quality.

The only good things about Jinchuu where given Aoshi a chance to be a good guy and Misao and Yahiko running around like idiots.
>>
File: Ashitaro 25.png (1MB, 1346x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Ashitaro 25.png
1MB, 1346x1000px
>>154424139
Kenshin can still use his Hiten Mitsurugi techniques, but just not as effectively. He can easily take down common bandits or other scrubs, but yeah he'll have a hard time fighting master swordsmen like Saito now.
>>
>>154420462
What's the difference?
>>
File: Ashitaro 26.png (1MB, 1348x1001px) Image search: [Google]
Ashitaro 26.png
1MB, 1348x1001px
>>
>>154424125
Yes, the Hokkaido arc is something that was on his mind since he was doing Kenshin back in the 90s.

>Anyone who reads the end of the Kyoto Arc understands that Sojiro leaves for Hokkaido. At that time, I wanted to draw a new arc, situated in that region, where Sojiro would be at Kenshin's side.

>Is that the Hokkaido Arc that everyone awaited?

>Yes. I also wanted to introduce a new character, Shinpaci Nakgakura, the captain of the second division of the Shinsengumi (he was one of the strongest Miburo, alongside Soshi Okita and Hajime Saito). But I thought a lot about it, and I preferred to end the series at the end of the Jinchuu Arc, so the Hokkaido Arc just vanished into smoke.

>Wuld the Hokkaido Arc be depressing and dark, or happy?

>More to the happy side. I wanted to make it more like a western. The Meiji governmental army would be the cavalry, the new inhabitants of Hokkaido, the samurai-farmers and others would conquer the west as colonists, the people without a real goal would be the outlaws, and finally, the native people of Hokkaido would be the Indians. And Kenshin and his friends would arrive in the middle of this.

http://users.skynet.be/aoshihomepage/Kenshin/Author.htm
>>
>>154424142
>He's manga handsome

yep. fujoshits can work with this. Ruroni Yahiko woulda been a hit
>>
>>154424226
>It looks different from the rest of the manga.

>Bwah, you can't do the same thing all the time. What's more, at the end of the Jinchuu Arc, we finally arrive at the end of the main theme of Kenshin, that which characterizes Kenshin the most, his guilt and the search for an answer to help him atone for his sins. The next Arc would have to be completely different, or else it wouldn't make sense. That's why I wanted to make it like an American action movie. It would be very funny to surprise the readers by letting an American colonists chariot enter the scene.

>Besides Sojiro, which other characters would have reappeared?

>I wanted to re-use Fuji, because it would be interesting if he came to help Kenshin when he was in danger. I also thought that Fuji looked really cool when you see him as a lumberjack in Hokkaido.Anji's also imprisoned in Hokkaido, and I wanted to make him return? Because he's the only character who wasn't spiritually saved, I was a bit annoyed, and I wanted to offer him a chance at his return.

>It seems that you have already thought a lot about the story; wouldn't the readers be happy if they could actually read it?

>Yes, but no, I prefer re-using the ideas I had for that phase in my next manga.
>>
Soujiro vs Enishi with the Frenzy Nerves, who wins?
>>
File: Ashitaro 27.png (2MB, 1347x1002px) Image search: [Google]
Ashitaro 27.png
2MB, 1347x1002px
>>154424197
You're kidding right? The Jinchuu arc was fantastic. And Enishi didn't kill Kaoru because he couldn't bring himself to kill a woman around the same age as Tomoe. When he tried to kill Kaoru he freaked out and couldn't bring himself to.
>>
File: 1371212003784.png (907KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
1371212003784.png
907KB, 1280x800px
Fire Mummy was several times a better story compared to Fat Nerves. Last arc was disappointing as fuck, I'm not expecting anything better with a new one.
>>
File: Ashitaro 28.png (1MB, 1345x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Ashitaro 28.png
1MB, 1345x1000px
>>
>>154424293

Frenzy nerves was king retard of moron mountain
>>
File: Ashitaro 29.png (2MB, 1345x1001px) Image search: [Google]
Ashitaro 29.png
2MB, 1345x1001px
>>
File: Ashitaro 30.png (1MB, 1346x1002px) Image search: [Google]
Ashitaro 30.png
1MB, 1346x1002px
>>
File: Ashitaro 31.png (1MB, 1345x1001px) Image search: [Google]
Ashitaro 31.png
1MB, 1345x1001px
>>154424226
>>154424274
Interesting. I wonder what ideas will return in this retooled Hokkaido Arc.
>>
>>154423336
WHY. I'm still hyped but apprehensive as well
>>
File: Ashitaro 32.png (1MB, 1344x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Ashitaro 32.png
1MB, 1344x1000px
>>
>>154424226
>We'll probably see more of the Shinsengumi
>Soujiro and Anji returning
>More Hiko
>Badass Sano having traveled the world

Maybe it'll be worth it
>>
File: Ashitaro 33.png (1MB, 1346x1002px) Image search: [Google]
Ashitaro 33.png
1MB, 1346x1002px
>>
>>154424197
>Shishio has fire powers
>Fuji is a literal giant the size of half the town
>Seta's dumb mental breakdown
Don't pretend the Kyoto Arc wasn't stupid as all hell either.
>>
File: Ashitaro 34.png (1MB, 1344x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Ashitaro 34.png
1MB, 1344x1000px
>>
File: Ashitaro 35.png (1MB, 1345x1001px) Image search: [Google]
Ashitaro 35.png
1MB, 1345x1001px
>>
File: Ashitaro 36.png (1MB, 1346x1002px) Image search: [Google]
Ashitaro 36.png
1MB, 1346x1002px
>>
>>154424304

Im quite sincere. None of the villains where as memorable as the Jupongontana and quite frankly we're just retreading ground.

>It's another jerk from Kenshin's past wants revenge episode

Kyoto ended with Kenshin coming to terms with his past completely, digging it back up and using it as the premise for the following arc is just undermining the previous arcs ending.

We didn't need to know whose grave it was, We didn't need to know how he got his scar and him only given up killing because of killing someone precious to himself makes him seem more self absorbed than the tired worn altruist he always was.

It's just weak.
>>
File: Ashitaro 37.png (1MB, 1348x998px) Image search: [Google]
Ashitaro 37.png
1MB, 1348x998px
The End. Or should I say To Be Continued.
>>
>>154424197
But Jinchuu arc was fucking great. I even liked it more than Kyoto arc which is fantastic but more on the traditional shounen way. Jinchuu was a more personal and intense story of revenge and redemption.

And something that like from Kenshin is how the historical background mixes with the bizarre comic booky stuff that pushes credibility like ancient puppeteers who create mecha, giant and swordsmen that are so fast they dissapear.
>>
File: kenshin and tomoe.jpg (49KB, 478x799px) Image search: [Google]
kenshin and tomoe.jpg
49KB, 478x799px
>>154424448
>implying Kenshin's story with Tomoe wasn't the greatest thing to ever come from Jump
>implying Rurouni Kenshin Tsuioku-hen isn't a masterpiece
Eat shit.
>>
File: gehry-flips-the-bird.jpg (26KB, 550x367px) Image search: [Google]
gehry-flips-the-bird.jpg
26KB, 550x367px
>>154424398
>Yahiko gives back the sword

aaaaaaaaaaand fuck this whole thing.
>>
>>154424226
Sounds dope as hell. At the same time, a continuation of the manga after Jinchuu sounds kinda dumb.
>>
>>154424448
I don't agree at all. I thought the flashback and Jinchuu were what ended up consolidating Kenshin from a really good shounen to a fucking great shounen.
>>
>>154424562
May I add, even though the villains were certainly weaker than the Juppongatana, the drama was on point and superior to the Kyoto arc.
>>
>>154424615
>even though the villains were certainly weaker than the Juppongatana
I agree aside from Enishi. While the rest of his crew were pretty worthless. I found Enishi himself to be fantastic. Better than Shishio, I would say.
>>
File: samurai x.jpg (20KB, 400x404px) Image search: [Google]
samurai x.jpg
20KB, 400x404px
>>154424448
>None of the villains where as memorable as the Jupongontana
Agreed except for Gein. Probably because he was one of the Juppongatana undercover for Enishi.
>It's another jerk from Kenshin's past wants revenge episode
Enishi wasn't just "another jerk". His story was much more personal and he was a very interesting and more human character.
>Kyoto ended with Kenshin coming to terms with his past completely
No. Not completely.
>We didn't need to know whose grave it was, We didn't need to know how he got his scar and him only given up killing because of killing someone precious to himself makes him seem more self absorbed than the tired worn altruist he always was.
Whether or not it was necessary doesn't change the fact that the story was told beautifully. And Kenshin's tragic story that led to the death of Tomoe was much more impacting than him simply being tired of killing.
>>
>>154424615

The drama of Kyoto had a man questioning his own imposed sense of morality, coming face to face with the dark reflection of what he could have been and finally coming to terms with all his past demons in a profound and final sense.

Jinchu was RARARARARAR YOU KILLED MY SISTER IM GONNA PRETEND TO KILL YOUR WAIFU! GO SULK WITH A BUM! That's not good drama.

Ill even concede and give you the flash back stuff. Ill bend there YOU CAN do a flash back story. But everything in the "present" day was awful.
>>
Amakusa arc was dope.
>>
>>154424795

If nothing else it was nice to give something for Sano to do.
>>
>>154417358
You can say anything you want about seisou-hen, but the last part where Kenshin and Kaoru die is beautiful.
>>
>>154424844

>Hey honey give me your aids

fuck you, it was retarded
>>
>>154424713
>inchu was RARARARARAR YOU KILLED MY SISTER IM GONNA PRETEND TO KILL YOUR WAIFU! GO SULK WITH A BUM! That's not good drama.
I could just as easily flip the script and say that Kyoto was
>RARARARARAR MUH SOCIAL DARWINISM DA STRONG EAT DA WEAK I AM THE FUCKING STRONG AND I WILL #MAKEJAPANGREATAGAIN!
But I won't, because I'm not a retard.
>>
>>154424660
Enishi is a crazy fuck but certainly pretty sympathethic and understandable in his motives. Shishio may be charismatic as fuck as a villain but compared to Enishi one could say he even comes off as just an evil motherfucker without layers.
>>
>>154424844

Terrible, overdramatic retardation for the sake of tragedy.

Even my snot nosed punk retard self back in the day couldn't stomach it.
>>
>>154416556
>only 5 arcs
what the fuck
>>
>>154424477
>>154424615
>>154424660
Agreed with all of these points. Jinchuu just told a much more personal and emotional story and Kenshin received the closure he needed. How could anyone dislike it?
>>
>>154424713
The drama of Jinchuu had a man facing the sins of his past, coming face to face with the man whose happiness he took away and finally coming to termins with all his past demons in a really profound and final sense.

Kyoto was RARARARARARAR I'M GONNA CONQUER JAPAN SO I'M GONNA BUILD A REALLY GREAT ARMY FOR YOU GUYS TO FIGHT! That's not good drama.

See? I can do the same.
>>
>>154424971
They jerk over the Kyoto arc because it's the most traditional shounen arc of the series.
>>
>>154424971

Every villain besides Enishi were disposable check-list material and had no stakes whatsoever.

I was just bored when the fucking clone bodyguards showed up at the end. Gotta give the gang something to do, I guess.
>>
>>154425022
Those guys were disposable and unmemorable, yeah, but I really liked how Watsuki gave a final fight and closure to every one of the gang (well, most of them) with those fights.
>>
>>154424909

Except we get a pretty good understanding of why he does. The government that used him to prop itself up betrayed him at the last second and he wants to topple them over and instill himself as a stronger form of rule that's in line with his own philosophy. And this was on top of being charismatic and a real world threat.
Hell the only reason Kenshin WON is because SHishioh fucking exploded via plot.

Enishi was too much work for too simple a goal.
>>
>>154425065
What I liked about Kenshin is how every fight felt important and was used to further character development.
>>
>>154424142
Whoa, that's the Yutaro?
>>
>>154425081
Except Shishio already wanted to topple them before he was betrayed. They just gave him more of a reason to do what already planned to do.

Don't get me wrong, I fucking love Shishio and he's certainly the most iconic Kenshin baddie, but compared to Enishi he comes off as a more traditional villain.
>>
>>154424713
>>154424713
You're a fucking idiot. First of all, Kenshin didn't come to terms with ALL of his past demons. Him visiting Tomoe's grave indicated that Kenshin was on the right track to coming to terms with it, but he needed to face something more personal. Until Jinchuu, we had only explored bits and pieces of Kenshin's past and we never saw what he was like as an assassin or what exactly made him decide to never kill again. Telling this story was vital to giving him proper closure.
>RARARARARAR YOU KILLED MY SISTER IM GONNA PRETEND TO KILL YOUR WAIFU! GO SULK WITH A BUM! That's not good drama.
I'm not even gonna pretend to acknowledge that as a valid criticism. It was already established that Enishi wanted revenge but couldn't kill a woman who resembled his sister. How is that hard to understand? It also made Enishi much more sympathetic and human rather than being just another bad guy.
>dissing Hyogo's cannon/grenade launcher prosthetic
The Kyoto-arc had fucking EVA Unit 01 as a member of the Juppongatana. Kenshin was ALWAYS over the top like that.
>>
>>154425022

Except Venom Ninja. Forgot about that one for a sec. He was the only one who had real personality.
>>
The episode centered around Soujiro's backstory was pure [kino/spoiler]
>>
>>154424844
Watsuki publicly condemned Reflection and stated how much he hated it in an interview. He said "Kenshin went through so much crap and deserved a happy ending." So no, fuck Reflection and fuck you.
>>
File: anji.jpg (60KB, 704x527px) Image search: [Google]
anji.jpg
60KB, 704x527px
>>154425022

Yeah but that's true of every villain in that arc. Who the fuck remembers poison guy or not venom as well as say, Anji or even goddamn Cho.
>>
>>154425234
Nigga you what. Anji was great.
>>
File: Enishi.jpg (120KB, 851x584px) Image search: [Google]
Enishi.jpg
120KB, 851x584px
>>154425081
Shishio and Enishi are both great villains for different reasons. You can't really compare the two. It's apples to oranges.
>>
>>154425118
Yep.
>>
>>154424448
>Kyoto ended with Kenshin coming to terms with his past completely, digging it back up and using it as the premise for the following arc is just undermining the previous arcs ending.

What? No it didn't. Kyoto only resolved his part in having a successor to his assassination job; it didn't address how he became an assassin in the first place. Jinchu makes sense in getting to the root of his trauma after Kenshin found some part of closure with Shishio.
>>
>>154425127
>It was already established that Enishi wanted revenge but couldn't kill a woman who resembled his sister. How is that hard to understand? I

Because it was a shitty justification for a shitty plot twist.

Kaoru is nothing like Tomoe and the idea that the big bad weapons dealer villain who had to dig himself up from the hong kong underground would be merciful to a women who doesn't resemble his sister is retarded.

>The Kyoto-arc had fucking EVA Unit 01 as a member of the Juppongatana. Kenshin was ALWAYS over the top like that.

It's a matter of execution. Yeah Kyoto had a giant, it also had a Superman to fight him. If Kenshin or his team beat Fuji it would have been just as retarded
>>
>>154425234

>Who the fuck remembers Anji

Anyone with taste.
>>
File: Anji.jpg (74KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
Anji.jpg
74KB, 1280x960px
>>154425234

I replied to the wrong poster. I agree.
>>
The good about Rurouni Kenshin returning:

>We'll see the gang again
>We'll see Soujiro and Anji and probably Fuji again
>We'll see Hiko again
>We'll see Nakagura Shinpachi

The bad:

>The story ended perfectly, with Kenshin passing down the baton to the next generation, it would be like regression
>Kenshin already had a happy ending and closed his arc, there's nowhere the character can go
>He mostly can't use the Hiten Mitsurugi and most certainly can't use the Kuzuryuusen and Amakakeru
>>
>>154425307
>it didn't address how he became an assassin in the first place

That's not really a mystery.

>Hey we got this guy whose really good at killing fuckers. Let's have him kill important fuckers.

There, done. Not everything needs an elaborate answer. What's next do you want to see how he got his magenta clothes? How he got his sandles?
>>
>>154425348
>WHO REMEMBER POISON GUY AS WELL AS ANJI

Get some fucking reading comprehension you tard.
>>
>>154424427
And now Sakabato is in Yahiko's hand. Maybe Kenshin just borrowing it?
>>
>>154425501

Or maybe the story is just a terrible concept that shouldn't exist.

Him giving it away signifies the end of his fighting and the end of the manga. It doesn't matter if he owns it or borrows it or gets a new one forged. It's lame.
>>
>>154425398
>That's not really a mystery.
And? It adds to the character and the world building as well.

>Not everything needs an elaborate answer.
You obviously care little about the franchise if you're willing to settle for such a shitty answer as >Hey we got this guy whose really good at killing fuckers. Let's have him kill important fuckers.
>>
>>154425022
The Juppongatana were great, but not all them.

Henya was bland fodder and simply made to show how much Yahiko had grown, and Usui looked cool but was just fodder made for Saito to cut down. Both did have good fights though. Saizuchi sucked too and couldn't do shit without Fuji. And Iwanbo was literally a puppet controlled by Gein, the most badass member of Enishi's 6 comrades and one of the most memorable villains in the series.

The Six Comrades had Gein, Mumyoi, and Hyogo. All three of them were great and memorable villains that held a candle to the Juppongatana members. Really it was just Banjin and Hyouko that sucked.
>>
>>154424887
>>RARARARARAR MUH SOCIAL DARWINISM DA STRONG EAT DA WEAK I AM THE FUCKING STRONG AND I WILL #MAKEJAPANGREATAGAIN!

my fucking sides
>>
>>154425320
>Kaoru is nothing like Tomoe and the idea that the big bad weapons dealer villain who had to dig himself up from the hong kong underground would be merciful to a women who doesn't resemble his sister is retarded.
Except Kaoru DOES resemble Tomoe, you dumbass. Whether or not you think she does is irrelevant. Watsuki says she does, so she does. And that makes perfect sense, of course he'd be hesitant in killing someone who resembles the person he loved most.
>>
>>154425320
>Because it was a shitty justification for a shitty plot twist.
>Kaoru is nothing like Tomoe and the idea that the big bad weapons dealer villain who had to dig himself up from the hong kong underground would be merciful to a women who doesn't resemble his sister is retarded.
I'm not even gonna attempt to acknowledge this as a valid point. You're retarded.

>It's a matter of execution. Yeah Kyoto had a giant, it also had a Superman to fight him. If Kenshin or his team beat Fuji it would have been just as retarded
You're missing the point in how it was still over the top yet fun. Kenshin always had over the top villains with crazy abilities. Lemme hammer in the point by reminding you that the Oniwabanshu, Aoshi's group, had Hyottoko, a guy who could blow fire by having a fucking flamethrower in his stomach. Or how about fucking Jinnei who could literally paralyze you with his gaze and even stop your fucking lungs from working? How come all these characters get a pass yet you single out the guy with the grenade launcher for a hand?
>>
>>154425355
another possible good point: if this manga does well, maybe we'll get an anime reboot.
>>
>>154425355
The potential good:

>Kenshin relies more on his wits to fight rather than just his techniques.
>Kenshin can start off as the main character again to build up Kenji, and eventually Kenji may take over.
>The anime may come back and we'll finally see Jinchuu animated.
>>
>>154425307
>>154425398
>>154425666
To rephrase this, we already knew how he and why he became an assassin through the beginning and through the Kyoto arc, but we never knew why Kenshin quit and why he suddenly decided to never kill again. We also never knew how he got the scar and its significance. The Jinchuu arc was essential in answering this and giving Kenshin complete closure.
>>
>>154425965
>You're missing the point in how it was still over the top yet fun. Kenshin always had over the top villains with crazy abilities.

even kenshin himself had crazy abilities. his sword could fucking throw rocks at you hard enough to knock you out.
>>
>>154426297
EXACTLY. The entire series was always over the top like that so it's stupid to draw the line for a guy with a grenade launcher for a hand. Thank you very much for proving my point.
>>
>>154416556
This author is pretty shameless.

He could just pick another Japanese Era but he never does.
>>
>>154426223

And once again those things don't really merit a huge explanation.

The scar was just a reminder of his time as a soldier and his wears spent fighting. He probably has more all over his body. A soldier with a scar isn't unusual.

And as for why he vowed never to kill, it's again as simple. He killed so many people it just wore on him. Remember he went into the war as a bright eyed idealist who wanted to help people and all the lives he ended took and emotional toll on him. It's something that happens to real soldiers.

These aren't mysteries that need answers
>>
>>154426379
Yes, they are. It doesn't matter if Kenshin was just a random soldier during a random war or the most feared assassin in the land. He's the protagonist of the story. The protagonist needs to be fleshed out, the audience wants to know about why he is who he is, and the author was building up to answering these questions for the entire series.

If you had your way, Kenshin wouldn't be a memorable character at all.
>>
>>154426379
>A soldier with a scar isn't unusual.

It's not JUST a scar; it's how he was known by. That makes that one scar into a big thing, because it becomes part of the character itself instead of a mere aesthetic design

>And as for why he vowed never to kill, it's again as simple. He killed so many people it just wore on him.

That's an ok motivation but it's not something that deeply resonates with people in the same way a tragic love story does.

>These aren't mysteries that need answers

Many mysteries in books and other media don't "need" answers, but those answers develop the story beyond a mere retelling of the same old story archetypes
>>
>>154426092
Just make a remake. The original anime wasn't that good besides the soundtrack.
>>
>>154426661

Fleshed out in terms of personality, fleshed out in terms of motivation. Which he already is.

>If you had your way, Kenshin wouldn't be a memorable character at all.

If we had it your way we wouldn't get anywhere with anything because we'd be to busy showing what he had for breakfast everyday.

Fleshing out isn't the same thing as overloading with information.
>>
>>154416556
Pathethic. It will only ruin and cheapen the masterful original.
>>
>>154426379
>And once again those things don't really merit a huge explanation.
Those are just subjective opinions on your part.
>The scar was just a reminder of his time as a soldier and his wears spent fighting.
Wrong.
>He probably has more all over his body. A soldier with a scar isn't unusual.
A soldier with a cross-shaped scar on his face I unusual though.
>And as for why he vowed never to kill, it's again as simple. He killed so many people it just wore on him. Remember he went into the war as a bright eyed idealist who wanted to help people and all the lives he ended took and emotional toll on him. It's something that happens to real soldiers.
Except Kenshin was different in that not only did he choose to not kill again, he chose to keep on fighting to save people. Most war torn soldiers would just avoid conflict altogether after the end, but Kenshin chose to keep fighting to protect the innnocent but without killing as penance for his sins. It's more extreme, and it was Tomoe's story that answered those questions. Hell, it was thanks to Tomoe that Kenshin learned to truly understand and value human life. She was influential in how Kenshin became the man we know throughout the story.
>>
>>154423711
>This is pretty sad desu.

Why would you believe some random anon on the internet about this? You really think anon knows about his financials?
>>
>>154426733
If we had it our way, we'd get what Watsuki did; i.e., the manga as is. Your way would completely shit on that.
>>
File: ?.png (121KB, 250x418px) Image search: [Google]
?.png
121KB, 250x418px
>>154426733
>If we had it your way we wouldn't get anywhere with anything because we'd be to busy showing what he had for breakfast everyday.

>Fleshing out isn't the same thing as overloading with information.

>implying answering unanswered questions about a character's history is overloading

What kind of fucked up Looney Toons logic is this?
>>
>>154426004
If it does bad, Watsuki probably will never do manga again.
>>
>>154426721
It would be a shame losing that soundtrack. I wanted to see Jinchuu with that OST.

Also what the fuck are you saying? The directing of the original anime was god tier.
>>
>>154426733
>If we had it your way we wouldn't get anywhere with anything because we'd be to busy showing what he had for breakfast everyday.
What the fuck are you on about? My way is the way Watsuki did it.

You're the only one equating fleshing a character out with unnecessary information; the fact is, the information was necessary for the sake of Kenshin's characterisation. Seriously, your assertions in this thread are downright dreadful. Never become a writer.
>>
>>154426721
>The original anime wasn't that good besides the soundtrack.
The original anime was very mixed. It was good in some places but bad in others. The budget got fucked at the end of the Kyoto arc and the animation in Kenshin's fight with Shishio sucked, and they even had to switch studios afterward.
>>
>>154425662
>Him giving it away signifies the end of his fighting and the end of the manga

Fucking this. It was Kenshin riding off into the sunset. That was the end. This is why it feels forced and cheap. The best sequels are the ones that feel inevitable, the ones where you feel the story can and must go further. Kenshin already reached the peak of his journey.
>>
>>154417393
wtf is wrong with you anon-dono
>>
>>154423932

>Jin-e became an urban myth ghost

Guess his smiling corpse made an impression.
>>
>>154426369
They could have done a series about one of the previous users of the Hiten Mitsurugi in another era. The potential is there to expand the Kenshin universe in a really good and interesting way instead of unnecessarily continuing Kenshin's story which was already over.
>>
>>154426379

>Muh mysteries that don't need answers
>Muh show don't tell
>>
File: 800px-Musashi_ts_pic.jpg (164KB, 800x1160px) Image search: [Google]
800px-Musashi_ts_pic.jpg
164KB, 800x1160px
>>154426966
>We will never get a Rurouni Musashi
>>
>>154426846
>The directing of the original anime was god tier.
Time out. I loved the original anime too, but don't act like it didn't have problems. There were lots of filler episodes early on in the Tokyo arc, the budget dropped toward the end of the Kyoto arc, and after the Kyoto arc it had TONS of extended filler arcs that were so bad it got the anime cancelled.
>>
FUTAE NO KIWAMI
>>
File: OOOOOOOHHHHHH.gif (988KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
OOOOOOOHHHHHH.gif
988KB, 500x400px
>>154423932
>>154426936
>mfw I just noticed Jinnei's ghost
Holy shit!
>>
>>154426816

What kind of baka logic is this? Plenty of manga artist don't have big selling series and make manga for the rest of their career. Most manga in general don't even chart and the artists still spend their lives making them.

Did you even think this post through?
>>
File: Vagabond musashi.jpg (286KB, 736x1044px) Image search: [Google]
Vagabond musashi.jpg
286KB, 736x1044px
>>154427000
Ahem...
>>
File: 1374619448090.jpg (87KB, 736x718px) Image search: [Google]
1374619448090.jpg
87KB, 736x718px
>Edgy death kids earns Shishio's Sword

>Watsuki doesn't tie this with Yahiko having the sakabatou and he just goes "lol, have it back" to Kenshin

For what purpose.
>>
>>154426966
BUT if Kenshin only starts off as the main character initially and the story gradually develops Kenji until Kenji takes over as the main character, then it could work.
>>
>>154426816

Watsuki should leave SJ and any other subsidiaries cause he clearly doesn't sync with that demographic anymore.
>>
>>154427129
If there was a timeskip. Isn't Kenji only like a 4 year old or something?
>>
Kenshin open-world style RPG set during the Bakumatsu when.
>>
>>154426936
>>154427038
Oh, damn.
>>
>>154427122
If you noticed, Edgy kid hasn't actually used Shishio's sword yet. He just drew the blade before being stopped.

Yahiko will get the chance when he does.
>>
>>154427000
Imagine how the duel between Musashi and Kojiro would have been in the Kenshinverse.
>>
>>154427001
After the Kyoto arc was trash but pretty much everything worthwile ended after that. The parts that really mattered were mostly well done. I can't imagine them animating this part better than this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnjSbXG3Xzc

Nor the Saito vs Kenshin fight. A reboot shouldn't be less than GOD TIER to surpass the original version.
>>
>>154427167
He's 5, but we already know that the Hokkaido chapter will comprise of 5 arcs. That's plenty of time to move the story and flesh out Kenji, so it's possible.
>>
File: 仁王.jpg (425KB, 2000x2828px) Image search: [Google]
仁王.jpg
425KB, 2000x2828px
>>154427181
Not open world, but this is as close to a good Rurouni Kenshin game that we've gotten.
>>
>>154427214
>edgy

>>154427299
How big will those arcs be? Will it be a monthly or a weekly?
>>
File: Vagabond art 1.jpg (2MB, 1650x1115px) Image search: [Google]
Vagabond art 1.jpg
2MB, 1650x1115px
>>154427250
READ VAGABOND
>>
>>154427051
There is a reason he's coming back to a story he already ended perfectly, and I don't think it's because he thought of a really good way to continue the story. Because as >>154425662 and >>154426888 said, it's forced and unnecessary.
>>
Isn't he already writing some sort of sequel/spin-off on jump square or something?
>>
>>154427157
He always said he liked seinen manga more anyway. Kenshin was his attempt to make a more daring and less cliched shounen series, closer to the seinen manga he liked.

Notice how when he tried to do more standard shounen he failed. Maybe he doesn't really fit with the genre. I think he should really try doing something completely unexpected for once.
>>
>>154427344
>How big will those arcs be?
We don't know yet.
>Will it be a monthly or a weekly?
It's being published in Jump SQ., so monthly.
>>
File: Noice.png (55KB, 217x190px) Image search: [Google]
Noice.png
55KB, 217x190px
>A Kenshin thread with over 200 posts
Feels good.
>>
>>154427381
That's exactly what we're talking about in this thread, silly.
>>
>>154427129
Yahiko was the next generation. This comes off as lame.
>>
>>154427425
But Yahiko's character is already fleshed out. He can work as the deuteragonist of this story, but it would be more exciting to give the reigns to Kenji.
>>
>>154426733
Are you a Brazillian?
>>
>>154424002
>dat Jinnei ghost
kek
>>
>>154424829
I loved when Sayo died, that filler was really nicely done.
>>
>>154427405

>250 post
>41 posters

it's samefag central here, it's pretty obvious which posters are posting over and over.
>>
>>154427405
Kenshin is a fucking classic, pal.
>>
>>154427585
>41 posters
43 posters now :^)
>>
>>154427480
It would be far more interesting if Watsuki did a sequel with a 25 year old yahiko Yahiko and a 15 year old Kenji and the main characters.
>>
>>154426092
I hope Kenshin fights as little as posible and we get the focus on Sano and Yahiko.
>>
>>154427647
Who says it won't get to that point? He said that Kenshin is returning as the main character, but not permanently.
>>
>>154427614
>>154427585
Here's 44. Suck my dick

WTB Enishi coming back as an ally
>>
>>154427585
It means that a good number of people ITT are actually talking to each other shithead.
>>
https://youtu.be/-4l4rvTVt8U?t=3m48s
The only thing i hope is that we get an ost on this level
>>
>>154417210
I'm pretty sure Busou Renkin was pretty successful, actually.
>>
>>154427655
There will be a great deal of Soujiro I think. It's the character Watsuki wanted to do more with because we only saw the beginning of his development.

I suppose we'll see more Hiko awesomeness as well. Maybe him performing the Amakakeru for the first time.
>>
>>154427826
It did okay, but it only lasted 10 volumes. Middling success. It didn't set the world on fire like Kenshin.
>>
>>154418549
IIRC he discussed the possibility in the blurb of the final volume. Then again that guy is way too honest in his blurb for his own good. It really gives a weird perspective on the characters when he explains the inner workings that brought them to life.
>>
>>154427122
>Shishio's Sword
the sword is fucking history itself
had Kenshin ept it what he would have done with it?
>>
Nostalgia'd hard upon stumbling on this thread.
Kenshin was was my very first manga series I read and actually bought volumes of (started reading manga late like in the early 2000s).
I've got to re-read it, shit was too good.

Just remembered I had started buying the perfect editions when they started releasing and stopped buying 'em at volume 12 for no reason, now's the time to catch up I guess.
>>
>>154427780
Ma nigga.
>>
>>154427780
>Warrior's Suite
shit that entire track is fucking godly
>>
>>154427780
Impossible. That OST is fucking perfect and suits the series perfectly. In a potential remake we'll only get generic trash.
>>
>>154416556
The ova ending is more powerful than the shitty happy ending from the manga.

>it was just a doll!

Hope it bombs.
>>
File: Rurouni Kenshin Tsuioku-hen.jpg (95KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Rurouni Kenshin Tsuioku-hen.jpg
95KB, 1024x768px
>>154427780
How about an OST on THIS level:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCyQh40Biis
>>
File: rurouni kenshin tsuikohen.webm (2MB, 450x338px) Image search: [Google]
rurouni kenshin tsuikohen.webm
2MB, 450x338px
>>154428446
God, everything about this OVA was incredible.
>>
>>154424411
I'm confused, why is his hair long again?
>>
>>154428443
That's some shit taste you got there, anon. Consider killing yourself.
>>
File: embarrasing.png (134KB, 334x393px) Image search: [Google]
embarrasing.png
134KB, 334x393px
>>154428530
Hair grows back dumbass.
>>
File: beggings for yous.png (461KB, 870x722px) Image search: [Google]
beggings for yous.png
461KB, 870x722px
>>154428443
>>
>>154428526
>those last 5 seconds
man, what an asshole
>>
>>154424522
Kaoru is okay but Tomoe is great, I wish she didn't die she truly was best girl.

Sojiro best boy.
>>
>>154428558
No you moron, Kaoru says it's been five years since he's been there. At the end of the manga where we see Kenji and Yahiko, Yahiko is 15 he was 10 when they first met.

Kenshin had his hair cut when we saw older Yahiko, the timeline is the same when this ended but now all of a sudden his hair is back and long? Hair grows back over time but not that fast.
>>
File: 8d83c75477d7fbc0047f4ea12c3dc630.jpg (711KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
8d83c75477d7fbc0047f4ea12c3dc630.jpg
711KB, 1500x1500px
>this thread
>full nostalgia
damn, the EDs were fucking amazing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLHzxXRmoJ0
>>
File: Rurouni Kenshin Tsuiokuhen.jpg (751KB, 1000x1347px) Image search: [Google]
Rurouni Kenshin Tsuiokuhen.jpg
751KB, 1000x1347px
>>154428627
Kenshin wasn't a very nice person during his days as an assassin. That is until he met Tomoe.
>>>/wsg/1583074
>>>/wsg/1583075
>>>/wsg/1583077
>>
>>154427780
>>154428350

https://youtu.be/YFb_LgNbcww
this song played during kenshin's fight with saitou and it gave me chills as a kid. it still does.
>>
>>154427405
Magnificent taste in this thread
>>
File: Karou ded.jpg (54KB, 335x400px) Image search: [Google]
Karou ded.jpg
54KB, 335x400px
>>154428526
Kenshin didn't deserve his happy ending. Enishi really should have gone through with the plan and killed Kaoru dead.
>>
>>154428845
Fuck off, Enishi.
>>
This will ruin the original. It will be badly received and Watsuki will shit on the only great thing he made.
>>
>>154428890
t. Kaoru
>>
>>154424875
>>154424912
>>154425209
Did i say something about it's overall quality? No. Learn how to read, you retards.
>>
I'm not sure of how unpopular this idea is, but i feel after the Shishio's defeat the whole story drags, a lot. I feel that the last villain, that edgy guy, was somehow unnecessary and skip tight to the time skip with all the characters grown up would have been nice. Nothing felt that sense of urgency or dread after that.
>>
>tfw Jinchuu arc was never animated
>we never got to see the final arc with god tier soundtrack
>we never had proper closure to the story in animated format
>>
>>154429072
Well, it is a pretty terrible idea.
>>
>>154429107
we did
in a parallel universe
>>
This is a terrible idea. Kenshin's journey was over. It would be like un-retiring Solid Snake after MGS4.
>>
>>154429072

I mean, yeah there was this thing with Kenshin's sister and his sense of self regret about the things he couldn't do right and it seemed at various point towards the end that Kaorou might actually die but in the end everything was right and gave the story a full and complete end with no loose ends, continuing this sounds unnecessary at least the role as hero is passed by to that tryhard Yahiko.
>>
>>154417848
I hate how anyone who's not Haohmaru or Nakoruru gets no play in crossover shit. My favorite characters are Charlotte and Kyoshiro and while there MAY be hope for Charlotte maybe Kyoshiro will never get any kind of play at all.
>>
File: Kenshin - v28 - c249 - 040-041.jpg (828KB, 1600x1313px) Image search: [Google]
Kenshin - v28 - c249 - 040-041.jpg
828KB, 1600x1313px
>>154429164
I'm prudently hyped.
Ashitaro was fun, but I don't really get why they'd make Kenshin as the MC again (he'd be 33, right?).
Are they going to say that well now that it's been 5 years since he last fought he's now ready to go at it again?

Wouldn't have minded too much Kenshin being in the spotlight again as a main-but-not-MC-character. Could've worked since there's Yahiko, there's Ashitaro AKA Yahiko bis.
Wait and see, I guess.
Still optimistic about the whole thing.
>>
By the way, what was up with that reboot kind of thing that popped up some time ago?
>>
>>154429357
Genuinely curious, what makes you optimistic about it? Maybe you can infect me with your optimism. Is it just an act of faith?

I feel nothing but dread, how many mangaka have sucessfully returned to their greatest creation after nearly 2 decades?
>>
>>154429357
Kenshin should be like Hiko in the new arc.
>>
>>154429513
Not him but maybe try reading the fucking thread.
>>
File: aVQ7XmP_700b.jpg (29KB, 700x437px) Image search: [Google]
aVQ7XmP_700b.jpg
29KB, 700x437px
Why were there so many Xmen on this show?
>>
>>154416556
Can we call the new one Samurai Super?
>>
File: Rei_Ayanami_OP.png (155KB, 360x274px) Image search: [Google]
Rei_Ayanami_OP.png
155KB, 360x274px
>>154428766
Proving once and for all Rei is best girl
>>
>>154429624
because watsuki is a westaboo
>>
>>154429513
I don't know, really, maybe because I expected Ashitaro to be shit only to be pleasantly surprised and the fact Watsuki is gonna be paired with a competent writer, plus it releasing monthly instead of weekly.
>>
File: GohanGokuDefeatCell.png (456KB, 576x432px) Image search: [Google]
GohanGokuDefeatCell.png
456KB, 576x432px
>>154416616
Nips can't deal with the MC passing the torch
>>
>>154429546
Kenshin already passed down his sword as a symbol of his fight being over.

The story ended. Let him rest.
>>
>>154417688
>Last words of the manga
>"I will continue to fight under the belief of not killing"
>"Yes, but for the time being, rest"

Does anyone notice how that implies that the story is over... for now, but maybe not definitely?
>>
File: Rocky-5.jpg (67KB, 580x847px) Image search: [Google]
Rocky-5.jpg
67KB, 580x847px
>>154417479
See Rocky Balboa. Remember Rocky V and how Rocky got brain damage so he couldn't box anymore? Stallone didn't
>>
>>154424411
What is this shit? Is this from the Kenshin retelling?
>>
>>154429793
It would be fucking pathetic if the story goes down the way of Rocky.

Unless Watsuki has really something GREAT like Rocky Balboa and Creed were.
>>
File: Gohan JUST.jpg (116KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Gohan JUST.jpg
116KB, 1920x1080px
>>154418531
>>154419355
>Implying Kenji won't get JUST
Japan love MCs too much
>>
>>154429814
READ
ZE
THRED
FAGET
>>
>>154429874
It's 315 posts just tell me
>>
File: Z.jpg (150KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Z.jpg
150KB, 1500x1500px
Was the live action any good?
>>
>>154429749
Goku wanted to rest and chill on heaven but the the new generation (read shounen titles made after the 90s) was too incompetent so he was forced to come back to life and clean the mess (save the industry). Now Goku is piss off and he's destroying all existence

>tfw Super is a metaphore for the decline of the anime/manga industry
>>
>>154429749
I wish anime watchers would read the damn manga before saying stupid shit.
>>
>>154429357
33 and a hiten mitsurugi ryu user ... did you even read the manga or watch the anime? Hiko was 43. Kenshin was 26. Age is meaningless to them. Also new story means maybe we will get the final kenshin vs Saito fight.
>>
>>154429959
It was fucking amazing. Probably the best live action manga adaptation.
>>
>>154429513
Soten no Ken to Hokuto no Ken, Angel Heart to City Hunter, and Kinnikuman Nisei to Kinnikuman, and the new Cardcaptor Sakura come to mind. I think it's less unusual for anime, however.
>>
>>154430064
>Implying this Kenshin sequel will be any good
>Implying Kenshin can do jack shit in the state he's in, not able to use Hiten to his full potential
>Implying the series wouldn't be past his prime
>>
>>154429793
They didn't forget, in fact they do address that neuroscience has progressed since then and that the damage was reassessed.
>>
>>154429793
Rocky V got retconned out of existence because it sucked.
>>
>>154430218
Did you read the manga? Kenshin vs Saito is over. Saito isn't interested in Kenshin anymore. He's not the man he knew. Battousai is gone.

Which is why the manga is perfectly closed and this sequel is unnecessary. Everyone's development reached the peak.
>>
>>154429959
It was fantastic.
>>
>>154430093
Are you fucking stupid or what? Why do you think I said Kenshin's journey is over? Because I read the fucking manga and I know how it ends. He passed the baton to Yahiko. He came to terms with his past, he found peace and a home alongside Kaoru. Hiten is mostly unusable (pretty much useless against any villain worth a shit). It's fucking over.
>>
>>154430348
Not in the movie though, it was something Sly said when they asked him in an interview.

In the film proper they just shruged it off.
>>
>>154429513
Because Sasaki is returning as Watsuki's editor to ensure that he does it right.
>>
>>154416556
Are they gonna canonize the AIDs arc?
>>
>>154430477
No. Why would Watsuki do that when he openly ranted about how much he hated it?
>>
>>154430566
I don't know!
>>
>>154430293
>Soten no Ken
Is a prequel
>Angel Heart
Alternate Universe bullshit
>Nisei
Sequel that was so bad that Yudetamago had to bring back the old characters that eventually wind up overshadowing the new ones and leading them to just outright drop Nisei and continue the manga where it left off.

New Cardcaptor Sakura is surprisingly competent so far but this is CLAMP so it can go off the rails at any point.
>>
>>154430477
>Are they gonna canonize the AIDs arc?
2nd OVA?
>>
>>154430293
>Soten no Ken
That's a prequel though

>Angel Heart
Same characters but not a sequel, a parallel universe

>Kinnikuman Nisei
Fair enough, but in this case the MC was the son of the original protagonist, and we already know this is not the case with Kenshin, whose story already ended

>New Cardcaptor Sakura
This is the closest one, but because the story didn't close off the doors for new adventures to come like Kenshin did underpowering his MC to let the audience know his fighting had come to an end. I think Watsuki wrote himself into a corner with that.
>>
>>154429959
First movie was great, the last one was horrible with the shittiest Shishio you will ever see.
>>
>>154430293
>Soten no Ken
I disagree.
Fist of the blue sky didn't feel like a Fist of the North Star series; it was just a chinese telenovela, and that's quite the achievement given how melodramatic FOTNS got at times. The only remotely interesting part was the very final fight for the Hokuto Shinken succession
>>
So who else is hoping that supreme faggot Sanosuke gets his life completely destroyed in this? Holy shit I fucking hate him so much.
>>
>>154430986
You're not the only one who dislikes him, I don't know why fujos love him so much
>>
>>154430986
>>154431313
What's wrong with him?
>>
>>154430986
>>154431313
What do you have against Sano?
>>
>>154430986
>>154431313
What the fuck is your problem with Sano?
>>
>>154430986

Anji, stop shitposting
>>
As a huge fan of the manga, I can say that so far it's nice to see how much energy the Ashitaro panels have. It's nice to see not garbage, basic line-art status illustrations. I think there's enough characters to be able to convey multiple, interesting storylines, and I'm excited the old editor is back on board as well.

I think this has great potential. I hope Kaoru has to bail out the boys just once. Should use some of that mom-strength to wreck someone.
>>
>tfw Kenshin's story already ended
>tfw he finally found happiness and peace
>tfw Watsuki already reached the dramatic peak of the series and there's no more point for it
>tfw with Hiten Mitsurugi mostly unusable fights won't be able to be as awesome as they were before
>tfw characters' arcs reached the peak of their development
>tfw he won't be able to create awesome villains as Shishio or Enishi anymore
>tfw him getting back the Sakabato from Yahiko would feel regressive

This is going to suck, bros.
>>
>>154432314
I'm pretty sure there will be an arc where Kenshin is forced to become a Rurouni yet again. Forced drama. That shit already happened in the Kyoto arc.

Nothing is going to be as legendary as Kyoto and Jinchuu.
>>
>>154416556
Just not feeling it man.
>>
>>154432048
>>154432314
No unecessary sequel is ever good.
>>
>>154425081
Manga about Shishio taking over hell when.

He's pretty moe here.
>>
>>154434774
we already had one about his backstory thats breddy gud
>>
Reading the prelude, I think a good way to handle the series to have Kenshin act in a mentor capacity towards Yahoo and his two new protege, while they do all the real work.
>>
>>154434947
Kenshin is going to be the MC though
>>
>>154434774
We already had a spinoff one-shot with Shishio as the main character that tells of how he and Yumi first met.
>>
>>154427991
It's so interesting to see how he builds his characters and story though. And it gives a good insight into how he creates all this
>>
This is going to be shit.
>>
>>154435195
Being a teacher MC isn't unheard of. He can still fight, and direct, but a lot of the heavier fighting might left to the others to handle, and boss fights be a team effort.
>>
>>154436419
It's absolutely interesting from the standpoint of a person interested in creating narrative, but it kinda ruins the experience of reading the manga itself when you read stuff like "I realized these characters had no one to fight, so I introduced these 4 bodyguards while not thinking too hard about it". Or "my idea was that Kaoru should have died but they wouldn't let me kill the heroine so I had to introduce the trauma reason and the whole doll thing and I think the whole revenge plot comes out much weaker from that".

From reading all the stuff in Kenshin and BR, you get the idea that Watsuki really is a hack whose stories work because he can write pretty decent fights, and cool character designs (but it also seems that the best ones aren't really because of his merit) and the rest is just editor meddling, dumb luck, and plot autopilot.

Also, it seems there's a very strong editorial effort to keep at bay his edgy side. Which is ironic because his most successful heroes are tormented past save everyone kill no one moralfag and hotblooded save everyone kill no one moralfag.

One cool thing about reading Busou Renkin blurb in the volumes is that he mentions a ton of things he regrets he couldn't do in the magazine run in the blurbs, but then come the special chapters and he actually goes and DOES those things (for example, showing the face of the gas mask alchemist).
>>
>>154440650
I think Kenshin works because of the characters and their motivations and development. The fights are amazing and well thought, but that's a bonus that makes the package perfect for me.
>>
HE'S GOING TO RUIN KENSHIN
>>
File: 1379038149308.jpg (407KB, 1272x799px) Image search: [Google]
1379038149308.jpg
407KB, 1272x799px
>>
>>154441418
Have some faith Anon.
>>
>>154428703
The Ashitaro story takes place one year after the epilogue chapter. That's plenty of time for Kenshin to grow back his hair.
>>
I just want Miaso to marry Aoshi.
>>
>>154417393
araaaaa
>>
File: IMG_0292.jpg (249KB, 1303x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0292.jpg
249KB, 1303x1000px
>>154429624
What Marvel inspired characters are going to appear in the Hokkaido Arc?
>>
>>154423539
>Fuck Ruroni Soujiro I don't care
No fuck you this would be the only thing Watsuki needs to revive Ruroken trust me
>>
>>154425018
Tfw when you realize that the three way battle with Shishio at the end was just a cheap rehash of Zeta Gundam's climactic fight
>>
>>154445134
>three way battle with Shishio
You mean more people coming to fight him after Kenshin is knocked out? Because even if you don't count Sanosuke, Saitoh and Aoshi make it 4 way.

And I don't remember anything like that happening in Zeta's finale, anyway.
>>
Anyone play this game? https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jp.co.cyberagent.endride.game&hl=en

Watsuki(Rurouni Kenshin) and Kazushi Hagiwara(Bastard!!) crossover
>>
File: matchup.png (492KB, 748x358px) Image search: [Google]
matchup.png
492KB, 748x358px
Who would win?
>>
>>154448176
It's up between Soujiro or Enishi with his bullshit powerup mode.
>>
>>154440650
> but it kinda ruins the experience of reading the manga itself when you read stuff like "I realized these characters had no one to fight, so I introduced these 4 bodyguards while not thinking too hard about it".

I understand what you mean but I don't think I can agree. Yes, it does take some of the magic away, but at the same time, knowing the actual reason why he did things the way he did and have them work out so well in the story is nothing short of amazing, in my opinion.

I'm starting to realize the importance of the editor involved and how manga is not just the author doing all the work, but even so, the execution is up to Watsuki, and the way the whole manga ended up was really great. There were definitely a bunch of badass moments, and a bunch of emotional moments. And the whole Kenshin character really resonated with me as a teen, and even now.

I do feel like being in SJ constrains himself too much though. Also I feel he plays himself up too much, like he's very tongue in cheek about his self deprecation, but he doesn't actually feel such disdain for his mistakes, for example.
>>
>>154417358
Why did you have to remind me of that retarded piece of turd
>>
>>154417358
>Who knows? May we can also FINALLY see the Jinchuu arc get animated since they'd want to do anything to promote the new manga, which would in turn get animated too.
Yeah, but who would the studio be?
>>
>>154449334
Bones
>>
>>154449334
UFOtable
>>
>>154449334
>>154449518
>>154449577
Do we really need an animation specialist studio for a typical Jump battle shonen where most of the fighting is standing around explaining your moves?
>>
>>154449797
Yes.
>>
>>154448751
>Soujiro
WHY do people keep pushing him as the strongest goddamn character after Hiko in Ruroken
>>
>>154450413
Because his speed is unmatched, and barring plot induced stupidity should be able to cut down anyone before they react. He dodged the kuzuryuusen with ease, which no other character was able to counter.
>>
>>154448876
Oh yeah, I don't think he's that worried about the things for which he had to wing it. He's more "what's done is done".

Regarding Kenshin, I feel like the character has a lot in common with the protagonists City Hunter (which came much earlier) and Black Cat (which came a bit later).
>>
>>154449797
Kenshin MUST be well done. It deserves it
>>
>>154450501
Why was the first one so badly done then
>>
>>154440650
For a shonen writer he is very good at romance
>>
File: mgtkhe (1).webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
mgtkhe (1).webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>154449797
This is fucking Rurouni Kenshin. Yes it fucking does. And I nominate Bones since they're masters at fight choreography and since they gave us the best animated sword fight ever. Imagine a Rurouni Kenshin anime handled like webm related.
>>
>>154434829
>MENTAL BATTLE WITH THAT COP RETARD
>OH NO HE ACTUALLY BEAT ME
that was bullshit
>>
>>154451637
Just because the cop was a retard doesn't mean that wasn't cool. We got to see Shishio actually kill someone with the Kaguzuchi.
>>
I wonder what crazy weaponry Watsuki will come up with this time
>>
>>154450478
>Because his speed is unmatched,
Enishi can match it. Hiko certainly could.
>>
>>154451114
The anime has its flaws but the fights were done very well. Kenshin vs. Saito is a legit top 10 anime fights contende.
>>
>>154451709
Anyone else?
>>
>>154451879
Maybe Kenshin in his prime during his Battousai days, but that's a maybe.
>>
File: Hiko.gif (507KB, 500x397px) Image search: [Google]
Hiko.gif
507KB, 500x397px
>>154448176
The answer is always Hiko. He is the Tom Bombadil of Rurouni Kenshin.
>>
File: 068.jpg (432KB, 1456x1167px) Image search: [Google]
068.jpg
432KB, 1456x1167px
>>154451677
That was my favorite part.
>>
>>154451709
Not sure if they could. Enishi's style is a perfect counter to Kenshin's; Soujiro is raw speed. Maybe if he had his nerves up all the time. Hiko is also a maybe, he never alluded to the KZRS being counterable, and Sou did it with ease. The only move that is as fast is the AKRnH but if Hiko doesn't use it, there may not be another move that can counter Sou's speed
>>
File: 057.jpg (449KB, 1456x1143px) Image search: [Google]
057.jpg
449KB, 1456x1143px
Fuck Nigga Stream.
>>
>>154452167
>Shishio's in the mafia

Never knew I needed this
>>
>>154452077
>Enishi's style is a perfect counter to Kenshin's
No, it's not.
>>
>>154424322
this exists https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dead_blow_hammer

and it's designed to hit LESS hard
>>
>>154452402
Yes it is. Did you not pay attention? He had moves that countered Ryutsuisen and Ryukansen. And of course the counter to the ougi
>>
>>154427297
Did you know they remade the Kyoto arc?

It was shit though. 2 edgy.
>>
>>154452582
No, it's not. I paid attention, but you clearly didn't. The styles have nothing to do with each other.
>>
>>154452582

I liked that outside of Kofuku Zettousei, Enishi's entire idea of countering Hiten Mitsurugi moves was 'I'm not going to exploit weaknesses, I'm going to do something to completely fucking one-up that one at its own game'.

He was one vengeful nutcase.
>>
>>154452954
They're not in story counters but Watsuki deliberately made Watojutsi be a counter to Hiten Mitsurugi.
>>
>>154424462
Thanks anon.
>>
>>154453038
Do you have a source where he states as much? If not, then you're full of shit.
>>
>>154453038

Not that guy, but I wouldn't really say that Watoujutsu itself was a counter to Hiten Mitsurugi, but it seemed more like Enishi picked and refined certain kinds of moves and concepts from it and turned them into the kind of shit he wants to specifically use against Kenshin.
>>
>>154451691
I really want another over-the-top unbeatable villain that only Hiko can bring down.
>>
>>154453098
Not him, bu I don't think it's the style itself so much as how Enishi utilized Watoujutsu to counter Kenshin's Hiten Mitsurugi techniques. Read Kenshin's battle with Enishi and you'll see what I mean.
>>
>>154453098
Trying to find it. But even in the manga itself it's stated.

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Rurouni-Kenshin/Vol-027-Ch-245--Hiten-Mitusurugi-Ryuu-Completely-Defeated?id=320796#16
>inb4kissmanga

Saito explains it, and you see how earlier on, Ryutsuisen was defeated by one of Enishi's moves, and in the last fight, he also counters Ryukansen and uses Ryushosen against him.

>>154453144
I always took it as it ended up being natural counter, because there's no way Enishi could reliably know Kenshin's style. It just so happened to be that way, but it makes for a contrast to Kenshin
>>
>>154453224
Try as he might, Watsuki won't be able to make a villain that can top Shishio or Enishi. The two still have a lingering presence in the series even after their defeat.
>>
The thing a Rurouni Kenshin needs to absolutely bring it home is:

>Continue with the fantastic use of historical setting
>Character development and emotion
>Long character talks about IDEALS and way of life
>Awesome fights
>>
File: Basara_piloting.png (2MB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Basara_piloting.png
2MB, 1440x1080px
I hope Enishi fulfilled his destiny and became a traveling bard.
>>
>>154453316
I read the chapter and nowhere does Saito say that Watoujutsu is a counter to Hiten-Mitsurugi. All that was stated was Enishi's moves defeated Kenshin's moves. That's it.
>>
File: NLBW.jpg (68KB, 786x480px) Image search: [Google]
NLBW.jpg
68KB, 786x480px
I always wondered if Nine Lives Blade Works from Fate/stay Night is a reference to Kuzuryuusen. Nasu is a big otaku and manga fan, it has to be.

>Strike fast at godspeed to create the illussion of hitting simultaneously 9 different parts of the body
>Even the specific term "godspeed" (shinsoku) is literally mentioned, which is pretty specific and a trademark of the Hiten Mitsurugi. No other manga has it.

It's too much of a coincidence
>>
>>154453401
Sadly. This is why a sequel is a bad idea. The manga was as close to perfection as a battle shounen can possibly be. He will just be churning out an inferior continuation of the original.
>>
should've continued busou renkin instead
>>
>>154453445
a Rorouni Kenshin sequel*

Fuck
>>
>Viz licenses EVERYTHING Watsuki did but continues to ignore Frankenstein

I really liked Embalming and just want to legally own it it's only 10 Volumes goddamn. And it'd probably finish before the scans do
>>
>>154453558
I didn't say that Saito literally stated that "Watojutsu is a counter to Hiten Mitsurugi". I said that Saito explained how Enishi's Watojutsu countered Kenshin's moves, and the implication being that, for all intents and purposes, Watojutsu is a natural counter to Hiten Mitsurugi, even if in story they're not explicitly referred to as such, and especially since Enishi is self taught. But the point stands that Enishi's moves counters Kenshin's hard. And narratively speaking, it fits in with how the battle of minds between Enishi and Kenshin is going.
>>
>>154453824
I read the first volume and I really liked what I read. It's a shame that they say it goes downhill from there.
>>
>>154453843
Also Saito compares Enishi with a Tiger, and Kenshin with a Dragon (the Hiten Mitsurugi IS based on a Dragon after all). You can't get more literal than that.
>>
>>154453843
There is no implication. It's literally what it says on the tin: Enishi's moves beat out Kenshin's moves. That's all that was meant, you're just looking too much into it.
>>
>>154423711
>billionaire
Yeah, no.
He is a millionaire
>>
>>154453962
Really nigga? It's not a coincidence, narrative speaking. Watsuki made it that way deliberately.
>>
File: p-1.txt.jpg (254KB, 725x1100px) Image search: [Google]
p-1.txt.jpg
254KB, 725x1100px
>>154416556
>The new manga will have 5 arcs, and Kenshin is confirmed to return as the main protagonist

I thought the torch was passed down to Yahiko? Kenishin is a family man now, let him live in peace. Though a part of me his curious to see his and Kaoru's life as a couple.
>>
>>154454051
How about Enishi was just a better swordsman?
>>
>>154454117
you got jokes
>>
>>154454056
>I thought the torch was passed down to Yahiko?

It was. This is a forced and unnecessary sequel.
>>
>>154453316

Considering that he was meticulous enough to get information about Amakakeru to make a counter for it and spend all that time setting up(which includes supplying Shishio's rebellion and planting a mole there), I have no reason to believe that he couldn't get basic intel on Kenshin's most well-used moves, especially since he's been using them without killing for the entire manga and Enishi knows enough to mark people Kenshin has been involved with since he came to Kamiya dojo.

I'd say he had the tools from his training and study and then picked the exact ones to one-up Kenshin with. At any rate, whichever the intent was, I've always liked that the first thing that got him in the final fight was a Hiten Mitsurugi move that Kenshin never used in the entire manga before.
>>
>>154454157
It's a better explanation than
>dude everything just so happened to be a perfect counter lmao!
>>
>>154454056

i also dont understand it, unlike Gohan, Yahiko was more likeable and his powerups made more sense.
>>
>>154454350
I guess that's true. I was rereading parts of the fights and Enishi makes a note to bait him to use his Hiten moves. Maybe your view on it is better than mine.

>>154454445
>implying

Fights aren't just straight battles of skill and power. It's not just a physical fight; it's also a fight of philosophies. Even when Enishi beat Kenshin the first time, he almost lost because he couldn't counter Kenshin's overly emotional fighting. In the last fight, the resolve that Kenshin got from his answer allowed him to use the ougi at full strength with no reservations, and that same lack of resolve made Enishi lose that fight.

How can someone be so bad at understanding conflicts in this manga?
>>
>>154454599
The manga ended perfectly with Kenshin passing the torch to the next generation. Kenshin gave Yahiko his Sakabatou as a symbol of his days of fighting being over. If you're going to do a sequel with Kenshin as the MC it's going to feel regressive. At the very least it's going to ruin the perfect ending of the original.
>>
I just reread this the other day, and in one of the early chapters with Shishio, someone calls him a Hiten Mitsurugi user. I think it might have been Hiko.

Was that a mistranslation or what?
>>
>>154454658
I always wondered if Enishi just lost because he didn't bother to dodge the Amakakeru at the end by a lack of resolve, or the Amakakeru he dodged the first time was weaker than the one at the end.
>>
>>154454723
Wasn't there a vacuum or something like that that fucked him up the second time?
>>
>>154454723
I think it's a bit of both. They mention that Kenshin, even in the sand made a firm and decisive step- his "new step", signifying that he no longer had any doubts. And at the same time, Enishi lost the mind game when Tomoe stopped smiling at him; he resigned himself to the fact that he had been wrong, or at least open to the idea that he made a mistake. I think even if Enishi didn't give up at the end, Kenshin would've won, it just would've taken longer.
>>
File: 0202-003.jpg (259KB, 800x1308px) Image search: [Google]
0202-003.jpg
259KB, 800x1308px
>>154454658
We're talking about their styles here, not the resolves that won or lost them their fights. Enishi himself explains what Watoujutsu is. This is what is canon, what you're asserting is simply your own headcanon. Kenshin beating up Enishi after their first fight had nothing whatsoever to do with either person's swordsmanship.
>>
>>154454723

While he was already off his game at that point, it was mostly the latter.

Kofuku Zettousei was a direct response counter to Amakakeru, there's no room for a dodge. Enishi lost because the vacuum produced by Kenshin's Amakakeru was at that time was so much stronger that he couldn't move properly to deliver his counter before the second blow of Amakakeru came.

Maybe he could have cancelled his move, went on with his counter somehow or avoided getting his sword broken if he was also at top form, but we'll never now.
>>
>>154455078
He's also self taught and admits that he added his own personal flair to his techniques.

They were still fighting with their swords. And Kenshin still overpowered Enishi until apoc interfered. Also at the time, Kenshin had doubts at that time. His best Amakakeru was the last one he did, which everyone acknowledged.

It's not my "headcannon", it's my interpretation, and if you can make a case for yours then I'll be inclined to concede.
>>
>>154455342
>it's my interpretation
That's basically what headcanon is.

>He's also self taught and admits that he added his own personal flair to his techniques.
You're right, he did, but he never says anything about his style in relation to Hiten Mitsurugi.

>They were still fighting with their swords.
Kind of, but not really. The first hit Kenshin landed on Enishi was when he socked him in the mouth with his fist. He did overpower him, though, I'll give you that. But that little sequence wasn't indicative of actual swordsmanship.
>>
File: MangaKenshinAndYahikoFaceOff.png (193KB, 335x537px) Image search: [Google]
MangaKenshinAndYahikoFaceOff.png
193KB, 335x537px
>>154454599
Yahiko would have made a better protagonist. Kenshin earned his happy ending, let him live in peace with his wife and son.
>>
>>154455670
>That's basically what headcanon is.
Not really. "My interpretation" is how I view the story through my own lens, it doesn't mean that it's not up for reevaluation or that I think it must have happened that way. It's simply how I understand it

>You're right, he did, but he never says anything about his style in relation to Hiten Mitsurugi.
That's true, but I never said that it was literally called a counter to Hiten. It happens that way in story though. And like the other anon said, perhaps Enishi did his research on what little was seen of his moves and tweaked some of his moves as counters. You can't say his ougi wasn't almost a perfect counter to Kenshin's.

>Kind of, but not really. The first hit Kenshin landed on Enishi was when he socked him in the mouth with his fist. He did overpower him, though, I'll give you that. But that little sequence wasn't indicative of actual swordsmanship.
Fine, I give you that. But again, in the last fight, he managed to stick around and finally defeated him with Amakakeru Ryu no Hirameki. Enishi enjoyed a psychological advantage throughout most of their encounters, and it was only at the very end when Kenshin finally was on par with Enishi. In the end, his resolve gave him that last bit to beat Enishi in swordsmanship
>>
>>154455996
>That's true, but I never said that it was literally called a counter to Hiten. It happens that way in story though. And like the other anon said, perhaps Enishi did his research on what little was seen of his moves and tweaked some of his moves as counters. You can't say his ougi wasn't almost a perfect counter to Kenshin's.
His Ougi was modified to counter Kenshin's, I acknowledge that. But that was because we saw Enishi actually analyse the Amakakeru from his hot air balloon. As for the rest of the Hiten Miturugi, there's no indication that Enishi knew enough about the style to properly counter it, especially since the last time he saw Kenshin was 11 years prior.

>Fine, I give you that. But again, in the last fight, he managed to stick around and finally defeated him with Amakakeru Ryu no Hirameki. Enishi enjoyed a psychological advantage throughout most of their encounters, and it was only at the very end when Kenshin finally was on par with Enishi. In the end, his resolve gave him that last bit to beat Enishi in swordsmanship
I would say that Enishi was the one who was at a mental disadvantage throughout all of their second fight. His mind was still fucked up over Tomoe "not smiling" on him, while Kenshin's mentality was pretty clear going into the battle.
>>
>>154455300
We never saw the first strike of the Amakakeru in the final fight, it was just one strike and Enishi's sword was broken. No mention of the vacuum.
>>
>>154420585
But yeah, it's clear the last few chapters had to rush through some stuff. Shame.
>>
>>154455912
>yfw this scene is completely ruined by the sequel
>>
>>154456889
>As for the rest of the Hiten Miturugi, there's no indication that Enishi knew enough about the style to properly counter it, especially since the last time he saw Kenshin was 11 years prior.
That was my original position too, and I chalked the countering stuff to in story coincidence, but that other anon pointed out that Enishi would've researched as much on Kenshin as he could, with Iwanbo in the J10. Enishi also tells Kenshin to use his Hiten moves, so maybe he did know the moves enough to find ways to counter them.

>>154456889
That's true, but it's not until the end where that really becomes apparently. He began to really lose only after Kenshin asked him if his inner Tomoe was smiling at him, at which point he activated his nerves.
>>
>>154457160
>That was my original position too, and I chalked the countering stuff to in story coincidence, but that other anon pointed out that Enishi would've researched as much on Kenshin as he could, with Iwanbo in the J10. Enishi also tells Kenshin to use his Hiten moves, so maybe he did know the moves enough to find ways to counter them.
Well, I guess it's possible. But I don't think there's enough evidence for it to really assert such a claim.

>That's true, but it's not until the end where that really becomes apparently. He began to really lose only after Kenshin asked him if his inner Tomoe was smiling at him, at which point he activated his nerves.
That's when his sanity completely snapped, yes, but still, he clearly wasn't as composed as he was during their first fight.
>>
>>154457717
>Well, I guess it's possible. But I don't think there's enough evidence for it to really assert such a claim.
It makes sense with what we've seen in the story, and the way it was done makes me think it was a deliberate choice to parallel Enishi's moves with Kenshin's.

>That's when his sanity completely snapped, yes, but still, he clearly wasn't as composed as he was during their first fight.
It didn't seem to affect him all that much though. He was noted to come off stronger because of his intent to kill, so in that sense, he was overpowering Kenshin for most of the fight
>>
>>154458287
>It makes sense with what we've seen in the story, and the way it was done makes me think it was a deliberate choice to parallel Enishi's moves with Kenshin's.
Eh. You can believe it if you want, but I don't subscribe to it.

>It didn't seem to affect him all that much though. He was noted to come off stronger because of his intent to kill, so in that sense, he was overpowering Kenshin for most of the fight
That is true. I think Megumi makes a comment about how Enishi's emotions allow him to fight at a higher level. What also needs to be taken into consideration is the fact that Enishi's equilibrium was all fucked up after he tore out his ear drum from Kenshin's sonic unsheathing or whatever it was. That loss of balance would surely have had to play a role in the final exchange of attacks.
>>
>>154458951
>Eh. You can believe it if you want, but I don't subscribe to it.
Thanks, I will.

>Eh. You can believe it if you want, but I don't subscribe to it.
True, but even so, Kenshin had also been beaten down, and he had come from the fallen village with basically no chance to rest other than the few days he passed out after rescuing Yahiko. And that final strike really cemented the whole battle of the minds. Enishi could not see Tomoe smile for him, and so he lost the battle of wills, and thus the physical fight.
>>
Completely unnecessary sequel.
>>
>>154461476
Get used to it. Super has shown you can cash it in big time with lazy sequels as long as nostalgia is there.

Really only stuff like Yu Yu Hakusho is safe because the author is a lazy fuck.
>>
>>154461528
>everything popular gets dusted off and rehashed
>Shows that need a remake/sequel won't get one

fuck everything
>>
>>154461624
And 3x3 Eyes will never get a proper anime.

Although Ushio and Tora getting one gave me a little hope.
>>
>>154421396
>muh age of peace
>era of Japanese expansionism
>1st sino-Japanese war, boxer rebellion, conquest of Korea, Russo-Japanese war, and WW1 all incoming
>>
>>154416556
Rurouni Kenshin art is very similar to Shoujo manga, Watsuki even said many tought that RK was in fact a Shoujo in the beginning of the publication.
>>
>>154462178
>end of the manga Kenshin and Kaoru move to Hiroshima
>epilogue is their grandkids getting bombed to hell
>while thing was an elaborate anti-nuclear message
>>
>>154462318
Kenshin could live to get nuked

He'd be 96
>>
>>154462318
>tfw kenshins kid grew up to be an officer murdering and raping in nanking
>>
>>154424387
>>154424370
It's great that oil was what the blade needed to be released.
But using it covered on oil would kill you if you set it on fire.
>>
>>154424142
Yutaroooooooo. I hated how we never heard from this boy again, so this is good. He was a qt.
>>
>>154461528
At least Goku can keep fighting at the end of the manga. Kenshin was already done with his fighting and couldn't use Hiten anymore. You could say Super makes more sense than this.
>>
>>154462539
God, I never thought about this. There's a higher chance that Yahiko was alive by then as well.
>>
>>154462913
He'd be 78 years old. Perfectly plausible that he was.
>>
Now that I think of it, the first Sino-Japanese War is VERY close to the end date of Rurouni Kenshin. I wonder what Kenshin thought of it.
>>
>>154463106
In... ehm, Seisou-hen, he goes to help in the war, but not killing. I wonder if Watsuki will reach that point in the manga. It would really suck if Kenshin died like he did in those shitty OVAs. I bet the fanbase would hate him forever after the happy ending he had. I hope he's aware of that.
>>
>>154461671

There's nothing worse than hope, anon. Hope leads to disappointment
>>
>>154462728

He actually does come back in the filler arc of the anime.
>>
>>154462829
Kenshin is perfectly capable of using a gun though.

It'll just be Taken in feudal Japan.
>>
>>154463645
Oh, I never watched the anime so that explains it.
>>
>>154463711

People like to harp on it for not being Jinchuu but there's some okay stuff in there. Some real shit though too.
>>
>>154463106
>>154463313
The first war basically had Japan enslave Korea and Taiwan. Really awful thing. Kenshin taking part in it in any form would be character assassination
>>
>>154424411
Did Kaoru finally learn how to cook?
>>
>>154424462
This is gonna be so fucking retarded. Literally everyone's going to Hokkaido including 5 end-level bosses.

I didn't want Kenshin to become Dragon-ball.
>>
>>154416556
Finishing up the OVA now. Should I go to the official anime or go with the manga?
>>
>>154463901
>Feng shui magic
Indeed
>>
>>154464255

yeah that was a truck load of fuck, but I thought the Amakusa arc was decent and the knight stuff was okay

outside that it's mostly just single episode fluff so if you just want more Kenshin and the gang doing shit
>>
>>154464311
>knight stuff was okay
It was mostly shit. But i liked Kenshin vs a knight on a horse with a spear.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (15KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
15KB, 480x360px
>>154464600
The ninja bitch was hot
>>
>>154442052
me too anon, me too
>>
>>154424398
>Yahiko gives up back the sword

So "Yahiko's Sakabatou" my ass. He can give it back to Kenshin when conveniently.
>>
>>154464925
>That hair
JUST
>>
>>154442052
They married. Watsuki said it's canon.
>>
>>154464133
Except Kenshin who is fucking shitty now and can't compete with those monsters.

I would be hyped if Kenshin could still use Hiten Mitsurugi but now the style has been said to be "mostly ineffective". So no Amakakeru nor Kuzuryusen nor probably any technique that uses godspeed.
>>
>At the end of the manga Kenshin tells us about how they never saw Saito again

The original manga ending gave a pretty definitive sense of finality. I highly doubt this is going to be any good.
>>
>>154423637
Trap sensors tingling
>>
I think that when they said that the Hiten has become "mostly unusable" it doesn't mean that Kenshin isn't able to do the techniques anymore. It means that the toll it would take on his body is enormous.

Be ready for a story where Kenshin has no other choice but to use Kuzuryuu/Akamakeru and put his life on the line because of it.
>>
File: Kenshin_yabuki_photo.jpg (107KB, 622x829px) Image search: [Google]
Kenshin_yabuki_photo.jpg
107KB, 622x829px
>>154424462
Thanks for the dump!
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3yWVa0c4eY
best ED
>>
>>154466480
Kenshin can still use those techniques. Just not as effectively as before.
>>
>>154428526
Akira Matsushima at his finest
>>
>>154420620
>tfw Watsuki confirmed that he was the strongest being in the manga
Truly based as fuck.
>>
Why didn't Kenshin's enemies just shoot him? They had guns back then.
>>
>>154472093
Some of them tried.
>>
File: 1486434803219.jpg (9KB, 245x206px) Image search: [Google]
1486434803219.jpg
9KB, 245x206px
>>154443875
Sweet Jesus dat booty
>>
>>154464059
They're riceballs not souffle.
>>
>>154428446
This is my favorite track off the ost

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8FFQ5T-LuU

Really incredible OVA. When DEEN was on their A-game.
>>
File: 1469690862822.jpg (414KB, 845x641px) Image search: [Google]
1469690862822.jpg
414KB, 845x641px
>>154424448
I enjoyed Watsuki showing his love of Western comics with so many homages.
Thread posts: 503
Thread images: 113

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.