[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Berserk

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

File: 1489023592103.png (422KB, 732x498px) Image search: [Google]
1489023592103.png
422KB, 732x498px
Guts' current team is more interesting than the Band of the Hawk. Compare the team that went to rescue Griffith:
>black guy who never speaks
>a crossbow "innocent kid" kid
>dependable and calm "throws a knife" guy
>a sleazeball (Corkus is pretty cool though)
>a woman who still likes Griffith more
To:
>reeducated inquisitor who discovered new meaning in life by caring about other people and overcoming her repressed self
>her half-brother torn between upholding her social standing and letting her find her own happiness
>daddy complex loli magician
>dumbass comic relief thief kid
>the captain of THE FUCKING BOAT
>a woman who still likes Griffith more
Both have stronger and weaker characters, but clearly, current team comes out on top.
>>
Guts is still gay
>>
>>154393165

You do sort of have a point, in that the current JRPG party has some members who have gone through personal character arcs, which lets the audience see their motivations more clearly.
While the original Band of the Hawk had some great characters, they were never seen to go through any growth. Presumably they each went through their own shit before Guts hit the scene, or during one of the time skips.

Which is interesting. Obviously Miura planned the Eclipse from the beginning, so the entire Golden Age arc is basically setting up these characters to really drive home the heart wrenching surprise. But it almost seems he held back giving The Band too much depth because of it, looking back on it now.

So, who's death will you be most upset at in Eclipse 2.0 when Guts sacrifices everyone for the power to kill Griffisu?
>>
>>154393655
That's never going to happen. That's the antithesis of Guts' character, all of his character development, and the main themes of the story.
>>
>>154393964

He doesn't have the behelit for nothing.

It is a possibility, if the strain and hardship is enough he might become desperate enough to do it, or at least desperate enough to summon the godhand, even if he doesn't go through with the sacrifice.

Femto clearly has some control over reality, can you imagine what it could be like? Years of getting close to him, but never being able to strike the final blow? Femto at this point is likely sadistic enough to let Guts live, just so he'll try again.
The Behelit's activate when a person is at their lowest, Gut's lowest will be either seeing his JRPG party devoured by apostles, or loosing to Femto and having his JRPG party ABOUT to be devoured by apostles
>>
>>154394203
The fuck happened to Femto anyway?

Do we have two Griffiths now?
>>
>>154394203
Maybe, and this might actually happen, maybe Guts uses it to summon the Godhand like you said, casting momentarily his intentions into doubt, and then he just stabs Griffith instead or whatever. Because the plot of Berserk is really Guts learning how to be around other people. He was already cast down from this once and had to re-learn it, and that's where we are now. So his new group probably won't die. There's also the possibility that the Behelit isn't for him, or it's going to be used in a different way somehow.
>>
>>154394279

Personally I think Femto is the Griffith fucking around in Falconia. The Egg was needed to create a world in which Femto 1). Looked human enough to trick humans into following him and 2). Could exist in a permanent state (unlike Slan for example, who could only kind of manifest)

Some people think the Egg of the New World created a separate Griffith, who's motivations may or may not coincide with the God Hand's at all. I don't really buy it, given Skelly's attack being redirected, and that being a Femto/Void thing, but I could be wrong.

Some people even think current Griffith might be Gut's aborted fetus all grown up because of the Egg. I don't really think there's much truth to that theory at all though.
>>
>>154394492
>>154394279
Femto was reborn as "Griffith" because of his vanity and unwillingness to let go of his mortal desires (have a kingdom). That hubris is going to be his downfall when Guts cuts him in half with the Dragonslayer: literally, his hubris has been made physical.

Something about the Moonlight Child too, which is probably the actual child of Guts and Casca.
>>
File: Donovan_Manga.jpg (97KB, 245x463px) Image search: [Google]
Donovan_Manga.jpg
97KB, 245x463px
>>154393165
>black guy who never speaks

Donovan was never part of the Band of the Hawk though.
>>
>>154394581

>Something about the Moonlight Child too
I'd really like to know where that is going. I can't decide if its going to be hostile or helpful. Its repeatedly saved Casca, but Guts hasn't exactly been the nicest Dad.
>>
>>154394581
>>154394492
I thought the going fanon was that Femto took the body of the demon baby to reincarnate as Griffith while the soul of was kicked out and started following it's mother as the moonlight child.
Is this incorrect?
>>
>>154394660
He means Pippin.
>>
>>154394749
I'd bet that it ends up helping them, especially if/when Casca is healed. There's probably going to be a timeskip after that, and then Miura could make the manga last as long or a little as he'd like after that.
>>
>>154394800
No, that could be right. Details are just practically nonexistent at this point.
>>
>>154394800

No confirmation one way or the other.

It does put most of the puzzle pieces together, except that the Egg was going to hatch and took the demon baby by "chance." That /could/ just be a "lol causality" thing and so was the plan all along. Meaning the fanon is probably right.

Personally, I think it was more of an accident, Femto would have been reborn into the world, with or without the demon baby, but the addition of the demon baby into the mix is going to cause [SOMETHING] to happen. Not sure if good or bad yet.
>>
File: Pippin_Manga.jpg (1MB, 990x1460px) Image search: [Google]
Pippin_Manga.jpg
1MB, 990x1460px
>>154394811
>Pippin
>black

Is OP one of those people that thinks Casca is black too? Donovan is the one black person in Berserk as far as I'm concerned.
>>
The branded can't sacrifice. Someone is going to (in)herit the (be)herit. Inheritances are usually familial. There is a person related to Guts who can inherit the egg.

The moonlight child. He will sac Casca to become Guts' final power up.
>>
File: ME.png (74KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
ME.png
74KB, 210x240px
>>154393165
>>black guy who never speaks
>SHIT TALKING PIMPIM
YOU FUCKING FAGGOT> THERE IS A LIMIT FOR THING AND YOU JUST FUCKING PASSED IT
IF I EVER FUCKING FIND YOU IN REAL LIFE I GONNA RAPE YOU HARDER THA GRIFFITH DID TO CASKA YOU FUCKING DICK
>>
>>154393655
>So, who's death will you be most upset at in Eclipse 2.0
If I have to pick someone it's gonna be Serpico since he's not even following Guts, he's following Farnese. But I don't buy it either, sorry.

>>154394203
>He doesn't have the behelit for nothing.
I figure it's meant for someone else.

>>154395691
>Is OP one of those people that thinks Casca is black too?
I don't think Casca is black, but Pippin looks black enough to me.
>Donovan is the one black person in Berserk as far as I'm concerned.
What a fucking representation.
>>
Pipin isn't black you dumb nigger

Look at his takeshi tier eyes

I bet you think takeshi's black too
>>
File: Berserk_v10_p227a.png (432KB, 1226x1800px) Image search: [Google]
Berserk_v10_p227a.png
432KB, 1226x1800px
>>black guy who never speaks
Not quite never.
>>
File: berserk16.png (385KB, 910x1280px) Image search: [Google]
berserk16.png
385KB, 910x1280px
>>154393165
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.