[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So i just finished watching Macross and i was really disappointed.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4

File: maxresdefault.jpg (79KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
79KB, 1280x720px
So i just finished watching Macross and i was really disappointed. Up to episode 27 it was great. It should have ended there. The last 9 episodes are really underwhelming. The characters become unlikeable and the forced melodrama is really stupid. The final arc ruined a great show.
>>
Go watch 7 and experience the bizarre autism-fest that it is.
>>
That's because it was supposed to be 43 episodes, but had its budget slashed and they had to condense that story in to 9 episodes.

It's still better than absolutely everything macross related that came out afterwards by a country mile.
>>
The last arc is the pleb filter.
>>
>>154384542
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>154384405

Do you remember love is actually better though but it is unequivocally better than 7, plus or frontier.
>>
>>154384310
I actually watched it recently too
I thought it was weird that the big climax came and there was still so many episodes left, but The last arc was still necessary even if it could have cut down on some of the melodrama

I'm partway through 7 now and I'm enjoying the crap out of it
it's definitely different from SDF though
>>
File: rdf.png (315KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
rdf.png
315KB, 640x640px
>>154384405
Except Robotech, which was Macross perfected because we gave it enough episodes to tell a complete story, and we did it without believing idols were what would move merch. Manchild Kawamori lost focus and nothing he's produced in the Macross universe since could even be called an attempt at proper military science fiction. The discerning anime viewer that longs for what Macross great before it got nipped in its prime will always, thanks to Harmony Gold, have what they desire in Robotech.
t. Carl Macek, the Invid Flower of Life
>>
File: 1429300195982.gif (280KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
1429300195982.gif
280KB, 500x280px
>>154384688
>>
>>154384310

At least Misa always wins. Fuck Minmay.
>>
The love triangle was really unnecessary. Sitting through those 9 episodes was a pain. How am I supposed to care about who gets together with who, if those people are completely unlikeable? And the painful forced drama we had to sit through, that was filled with all the love triangle cliches. They should have ended on episode 27, never introduced Misa as a love interest, or maybe they should have faded Minmay out and introduced Misa as a love interest after that. Anything would have been better, other than what we got.
>>
>>154384652
>>154384364
How good is 7? Is it like meme good, or actually good?
>>
>>154386719
It is incredibly shitty and a meme. The music is even worse.
>>
>>154386818
I didn't like any of the songs in SDF, so I might like the ones in 7. The OP sounds really great for example.
>>
How is DYRL, is it better than the show?
>>
>>154387396
Yes
>>
>>154387396
The animation is top notch, but most of the cast is reduced to glorified cameos. It shouldn't be a problem though, if you have seen the original.
>>
>>154384609
He mean you need to rewatch it so you have a better opinion
>>
>>154387887
How can I form a better opinion about that disaster of an ending. I liked the first 27 episodes, and I consider that part of the show to be top-tier. But the last episodes left such a bitter and disgusting taste in my mouth, that i don't want to touch it again. I mean, all the charm of the first half was gone, and all of the main characters became horrible assholes. I can not care about such unlikable people. And a rewatch won't change any off those things.
>>
>>154388890
Watch DYRL then
>>
>>154386818
You're a shitty meme.
>>
>>154388933
Does it also have a terrible love triangle in it?
>>
>>154389087
No, it has an awesome one
>>
>>154389087
Macross always has a love triangle, that's one of its defining features
>>
>>154389139
I don't think any love triangle can be good, since they are always cheap gimmicks. But I'll give it a chance with the expectation that it won't be terrible.
>>
>>154384310
Legend of the galactic heroes > UC Gundam > SDF Macross
>>
>>154389277
Did you type your list backwards by accident?
>>
>>154387039
bullshit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NH6ZiySBy_w
>>
>>154389237
Sounds like you have a serious case of shit taste
>>
>>154389333
I meant Minmays songs. The soundtrack itself was great. Especially the villains theme.
>>
>>154389356
Why? Is it because I don't like cheap gimmicks and I am not moved by emotional manipulation or forced melodrama?
>>
>>154389331
Nope, LOGH is God-tier, compared to the other two. And I prefer the tragedy in UC Gundam shows over the soap opera melodrama in Macross.
>>
>>154389799
Yes
>>
>>154386719
Cringy af, but at least there's no forced drama bullshit like the other series. Macross Plus' probably my favourite of the bunch.
>>
>>154389799
Because you see complexity of human feelings as cheap gimmick and consider the tragedy of unrequited love as forced melodrama.
>>
>>154384310
I agree. The melodrama is shit

The post-war stuff is interesting but the love triangle bullshit that was clearly over was garbage

Also, that FUCKING SCARF, HOLY SHIT HIKARU HOW DUMB CAN YOU BE, THAT ENTIRE SCENE WAS WORSE THAN A MILLION "Eh nandatte" MOMENTS
>>
>>154389871
How the anime community has fallen. I can't believe that being an emotionalfag is acceptable and someone who sees through the bullshit is accused of having shit taste.
>>
>>154389087
It 'has' a love triangle in it technically

But it doesn't conclude or anything so it really might as well have not been there
>>
>>154390099
>Hikaru was an asshole.
>Misa was a bitch.
>Minmay was a bitch.
who am I supposed to root for in here?

I wish Roy was still there, the show just wasn't the same without that Fucker.
>>
>>154384405
>That's because it was supposed to be 43 episodes, but had its budget slashed and they had to condense that story in to 9 episodes.
It is precisely the opposite. Back in the bad old day, before anime timeslots were booked 6 months in advance, it was possible for an anime series to get an extension, if the TV station airing it was sponsoring it. Macross was extended due to popularity and they had to do something to fill the time. But this accidentally created the full mythos of "what happens AFTER the war". And that was useful for all future Macross series in knowing what the world is like for the survivors.
>>
>>154389931
Oh please, you emotionalfags consider a series of forced misunderstandings, lack of communication/common sense and stupid decisions to be tragic and complex? I am not fazed, because I can see the author pulling out every silly cliche in the book, to make me get dem feelz.
>>
The new English dub of SDF Macross was really good. I laughedy ass of, every time they said Roy Fucker.
>>
>>154387039
If you like hair metal, you'll love Macross 7.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBExb6om62E.
>>
>>154390241
>Hikaru was an asshole
How? he is actually pretty down to earth

>misa was a bitch
sort of

>Minmay was a bitch
No arguing that back, that why I always found the misa-hikaru pairing good, watching minmay getting btfo was always fun
>>
>>154386719
I once described M7 to a close friend of mine and his response is still the greatest description I have ever heard.
>Oh, so it's like Gundam Wing but a little more watchable.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.