[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that enough time has passed how do you really feel about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 334
Thread images: 62

File: 678.gif (3MB, 367x206px) Image search: [Google]
678.gif
3MB, 367x206px
Now that enough time has passed how do you really feel about Kill la Kill?
>>
>>154367511
I feel like people should make better threads about it
>>
Mediocre.

6/10
>>
>>154367511
idk, I dropped it after 5 episodes because the plot was already veering wildly off course
>>
DON'T
>>
>>154367511
good but not as good as ttgl
>>
>>154367511
i said this in an edgy opinion thread earlier, i loved it upon first watch, and it has NOT held up, not even within the first 3 months.

i feel that the first 2 episodes are good, and then its filler and trash until about episode 18, then its alright. even so, its NOT worth watching at fucking all.
>>
>>154367615
i will say that ryuko is fucking hot though
>>
>>154367511

It had some great ideas (and a 10/10 first episode) but the execution was a complete mess. It felt like they were making shit up as they went along and with a 24 episode series this lead to a lot of dead air and questionable moments.
>>
>>154367511
I tend to dislike shows that go too overboard with fanservice, but they seem to get a decent tone for it to work
other than that so-so but some cool ost pieces https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSr4Nv3kW6s
>>
>>154367511
Great 8/10 anime over hated by dumb contrarians on /a/.
>>
>>154367511
Too much filler and dropped plot points. Also it became Chrono Trigger mixed with DMC and not in a good way.
>>
>all these anons that lost their way
>>
>>154367511
Suuper boring first few episodes
>>
>>154368432
Besides the anti-clothes super bullet what plot line is dropped?
>>
>>154368516
Basically Nudist beach in general accomplishes NOTHING. They don't even help. Everything in the plot could've been solved with Satsuki's followers and Ryuko.
>>
>>154367511
Far superior than garbage trash 'comedy' like Konosuba
>>
>>154368581
Without Nudist Beach the plot line becomes too simple, which makes the show worse. Sure they only really end up assisting the main characters but their presence is welcome
>>
I didn't care much for it and I like abstract shows with weird plots. It's not the worst show ever but it's genuinely hard for me to enjoy.

The characters were hard to get into and the plot was dull for the majority of it. Maybe it would have been better as a 13 episode anime, but even then I can't see myself getting sucked in.
>>
File: Le grope.gif (3MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
Le grope.gif
3MB, 480x270px
Like a child who got molested by a family member.

Enjoyed it at the time, but then everybody told me it was bad and now I feel ashamed for liking it.
>>
Filler, a mess of story, animation THAT left a lot to be desired, and Ryuko getting really fucking annoying with the forced drama shit later on.

I feel like it should have been 12 episodes and Satsuki should have been the MC.
>>
>>154367511
good music
a lot of fanservice
mediocre and disappointing
it was super clear they rewrote the script when it was halfway finished and didn't think things through either time

i miss evangelion
>>
>>154368665
>I like thing
>People told me I shouldn't like thing so I won't anymore

You're actually the worst kind of faggot.
>>
I watched it again about a week ago and still enjoyed it. I like it.
>>
File: 1471975331639.jpg (333KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1471975331639.jpg
333KB, 1920x1080px
>>154367511
Didn't leave me with that empty "its actually over" feeling like TTGL did.

If we're comparing the two.
>>
File: 1481800934739.png (3MB, 1007x720px) Image search: [Google]
1481800934739.png
3MB, 1007x720px
/a/ "reviews" another anime
>>
Filled with flaws but still very enjoyable
I loved it at the time and I still love it now.

>>154368737
Satsuki is best girl and I used to agree with your opinion but Satsuki as MC would make KLK a different show. It wouldn't be wacky-stupid as it is.
I do want Trigger to give her a sort of prequel OVA or something though, her motivation and resolve were much more interesting than Ryuuko's inner struggles.
>>
>>154369058
>but Satsuki as MC would make KLK a different show.

*a better show.
>>
File: Saved.png (203KB, 424x538px) Image search: [Google]
Saved.png
203KB, 424x538px
>>154367511
It was pretty good.
>>
File: transform.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
transform.gif
2MB, 500x281px
they were running out of time after episode 12 and it was obvious. i wish people took time creating this stuff, you cant really rush it
>>
>>154368637

its not even plot, its just noise lol. why would you want to introduce side characters that effectively do nothing?
>>
A little enjoyable. Soundtrack was good, a shame about basically everything else. Possibly most damning is it having the worst costume design I've ever seen when the subject matter is the clothing.
>>
>>154369241
They provide her with challenge and information as the story develops. They also assist in the final battle.
>>
>>154367511
it's good, /a/ gives it too much hate. would 8/10 would rewatch again, really comfy show like durara
>>
>>154367511
Overrated dogshit.
>>
The first half is okay but the second half tried to ape gurren lagann and failed miserably.
>>
>>154367511
Too much fanservice, too much filler. Could've been a pretty solid single cour anime, but as is? 6/10
>>
>>154367511
Mako completely ruined the show. I don't understand how anyone could possibly find her endearing.
>>
>>154367511
completely forgettable
>>
>>154367511
meh
Shitposting the threads were all I got out of it.
/a/ promptly forgot about it in a year or so
Feels like someone's trying to push it back into relevancy.
>>
One of the only good Trigger animes and it honestly isn't all that great.
>>
>>154367511
the same way I feel about Lagan, it was a fun ride
>>
>>154367598
Ttgl is straight trash.
>>
>all these people that think that it was actually supposed to be a quality, well written show

There's a reason the animation was intentionally horrible and the plot was ridiculous and all over the place.
>>
>>154370761
What, they blew their budget and time on the first 12 episodes and were shit outta luck for the rest?
Yeah, sounds reasonable.
>>
>>154370761
The animation crumbled because of fucked up schedule (they even had to delay the second cour of one week and lose an episode) and the writing was more complex than most people here could grasp, you dumb crossboarder.
>>
>>154370761
Because that's Trigger's gimmick? I'm astonished that they've existed for years now and STILL haven't done anything good. Have they even tried? Why is everything they do "IT'S FUNNY BECAUSE IT'S SHIT!"?
>>
>>154370838
They didn't have a budget to begin with, did you see the first episode few episodes and think about budget? Because while it had a few good animated scenes in most episodes, most of the show was filled with techniques to constrain movement/amount of frames.
>>
>>154370896
There is no limit in budget that would actually force an animation studio to use a line of copy pasted cardboard cutouts rocking back and forth to represent soldiers.
>>
>>154370966
Did you watch LWA?
>>
>>154370966
Like it or not, it basically is their gimmick, and trying to criticize klk because it is what it is is ridiculous.

It's not trying to be monster.
>>
>>154370896
>complex writing
>plot that went absolutely nowhere, PLOT TWIST MOM BETRAYAL, generic shounen powerups, and deus ex machina is not "complex writing. The writing completely jumps the shark at the end and being incoherent and inconsistent doesn't make it "too complex." "Threads" was a poor metaphor for the bonds between people, and that theme has been better explored with better writing in shows like Lain and EVA.
Basically, you're the dumb fuck.
>>
>>154367511
5/10, max.
>>
yeah i like the waifu shit but holy shit KLK was not written well. I hate it when people say 'lol its not trying to be serious, its just trying to be dumb fun', but why stoop that low? could've had something original instead of the same recycled tropes

episode 24 is the worst episode ive ever seen in an anime series, ever
>>
>>154371050
Here's the difference.
Ninja Slayer understood perfectly what it was. Irreverent, nonsensical shounen tropes played out for maximum irony with lowest effort. Blatant fanservice. Shit animation. Self aware irony.
KLK tries to have it's cake and eat it too. Fanservice, but also STRONG FEMALE CHARACTER who gets molested? Skimpy outfits, but that's on purpose? The power of friendship but it's actually taken seriously? Shit animation but they're trying to hide it?

Both might be ironic shitposting in anime form, but Ninja Slayer is funny, has a great dub, and is pretty universally well regarded. In comparison, KLK is just mediocre.
>>
>>154371220
>same recycled tropes
It's
a
parody
>>
>>154370995
The dumb crossboarder hasn't even watched Karekano.
>>154371071
>plot that went absolutely nowhere
Maybe you're just stupid.
>PLOT TWIST MOM BETRAYAL
It was clearly set up and everyone saw it coming, hardly a plot twist.
>generic shounen powerups, and deus ex machina
So you didn't get it.
>The writing completely jumps the shark at the end and being incoherent and inconsistent
Nope.
>"Threads" was a poor metaphor for the bonds between people, and that theme has been better explored with better writing in shows like Lain and EVA.
KLK themes are nothing like those of Lain and Eva. Way to prove my point.
>>
>>154367511
Hatred. Because I enjoyed it for the first few episodes and looked forward to the rest. Only for it to shit in my face.
>>
>>154371267
It's been long enough since I watched I don't remember the molestation thing.

They really, really don't try to hide the shit animation.

I don't even understand the point you're trying to make about skimpy outfits.
>>
>>154367511
It was fun to watch it with /a/
>>
>>154371267
>Skimpy outfits, but that's on purpose? Shit animation but they're trying to hide it?

I don't think you even got what you were watching, it's almost as bad as the people comparing it to TTGL and saying KLK tried to copy it - watch more Imaishi you fucking drooling retards.

And no they weren't trying to hide anything, it was clearly a choice done on purpose. It's a gag. The clothing thing was explained enough times throughout the show but people still don't get it, damn.
>>
>>154371363
My point was that, for the anon that thought KLK was a "masterpiece" of parody and irony, Ninja Slayer is far superior. It was much funnier, and more self aware.
For hype and battles and character, TTGL is a better anime, as Ninja Slayer most definitely and I'd say, Ryuko's character, are jokes in comparison. Did you think Raygo was written well? The only character that had vague depth to it was Satsuki, and even then it's just because you learn she isn't a cardboard villain cutout, but actually respects power and hates her mom. KLK is not written as blatantly stupid as Ninja slayer, nor as fantastically and originally as the tale of humanity against the anti-spirals.

KLK tries to be a combination of the two, and is neither funny nor inspiring as a result.
>>
>>154367681
funny, i enjoy shows that go overboard on fanservice, i thought it was a funny action packed memorable series, no fantastic, but fun and had enough of a plot. god tier soundtrack too, feel it gets too much hate on /a/
>>
>>154370710
i will buy you a plane ticket and you can fly to my house so i can beat the shit out of you
>>
>>154367511
its the benchmark for all other animu.

almost perfect in every aspect.
>>
>>154371611
KLK isn't a parody and it's blatantly obvious you don't even know its sources of inspiration.
>fantastically and originally as the tale of humanity against the anti-spirals.
>KLK tries to be a combination of the two
Jesus. TTGL kids from /v/ really make it hard to discuss the show.
>>
>>154371611
>KLK tries to be TTGL
People keep saying this shit... I can't see it. Hell, Re:Cutie Honey is more comparable to KLK than TTGL is by miles.
>>
>>154371611
>KLK tries to be a combination of the two, and is neither funny nor inspiring as a result.
KLK doesn't try to be anything but itself, get it in your thick skull. Ninja Slayer was a project done after KLK was made, TTGL was done by the same group of people but I'd say KLK is more like PSG than TTGL. People really need to stop comparing the two or think they were trying to make another TTGL; they weren't. It's another project entirely. Ryuuko/Satsuki's stories are nothing like Kamina and Simon.

Ninja Slayer was a joke that overstayed it's welcome, Inferno Cop is where it's at. Dropped NS after 3 episodes.
>>
>>154371787
Unsurprisingly so since that was always written by Nakashima and partially directed by Imaishi.
KLK is more Nagai than TTGL ever was.
>>
are there any save the world schema shows like KLK? other than TTGL?
>>
>>154367511
Mediocre.
>>
>>154371857
>Nagai
Obviously, it was their inspiration. But most faggots that shit on KLK or compare it to TTGL don't even know that.
>>
>>154367598
Ttgl is fucking shit. I mean Klk isn't that good either but at least it kept me entertained till the end.
>>
>>154371886
No. Those are the only two.
>>
>>154371886
Naruto and Dragonball Z :^)
>>
>>154371921
How the hell is KLK more "inspired" from Nagai than TTGL? TTGL is the over the top conclusion of Giant Robots battling "villains" and battling to save the world.
>>
>>154367511

Dropped it at 10th episode

Thought all the people here were faking about it, hoping for it to be better than it was.
>>
>>154367511
>It's the anime that would save anime
I wonder if anyone believe that when it was airing.
>>
>>154372084
>Giant Robots
You do know that Go Nagai isn't just known for his robot stuff, right? Besides, Gurren Lagann takes more from Ishikawa's Getter Robo.
>>
File: Silene.jpg (19KB, 310x282px) Image search: [Google]
Silene.jpg
19KB, 310x282px
>>154372084
>>
As an /m/ crossboarder, I've only watched episodes of Matzinger. I didn't actually know that. Now I do.

KLK is still meh and Noriko >>>>> Ryuko
>>
>>154372084
TTGL stops referencing Nagai and old episodic super robots after the first quarter, to move on to following eras of the genre.
>>
I didn't like it.
I love everything else Studio Trigger/Gainax has made.
But not this.
>>
>>154372276
So you love Kiznaiver and Inou Battle?
Bravo.
>>
>>154367511

Didn't save anime.
>>
>>154372298
Not really, you picked out the dirt on purpose to make me look like a dope.
I meant the more popular titles everyone associates with the animation studios.
>>
>>154367511
It was fun and gave me a good fapping material.
>>
>>154372345
>to make me look like a dope.
Not him, but it's probably not a matter of just looking like one.
>>
File: 1468195850070.png (143KB, 386x366px) Image search: [Google]
1468195850070.png
143KB, 386x366px
>>154372440
What do u mean
>>
Kill la Kill is the greatest anime of the decade.
>>
>>154367511
Forgettable, promised more than it delivered.
>>
I still love the hell out of it, it's enjoyable as fuck.
>>
It was fun but I think the action scenes could have been better. Too many moments where characters are stationary and just flailing their arms.

Also found it hilarious that the ending was Sonic Adventure 2 humanized.
>>
>>154372084
TTGL is heavily inspired by Ishikawa, not as much Nagai. The biggest thing it takes from Mazinger is drawing over the attack frames and stealing the poses for animation. Even then it does that a fair bit with Getter as well, if not more so.
>>
>>154367511
it was kind of shitty
>>
>>154367511
It was a decent show. They excelled at fanservice, but the plot took a turn for the worse in the second half, the overbearing, world-dooming thread of the life fibers completely changed the atmosphere making it feel very inconsistent. The VAs all did a good or great job.
Overall, 7/10.
>>
>>154370896
>you dumb crossboarder
That's the most retarded insult I've seen today

>how DARE you go to other parts of this website
>>
>>154373515
>He thinks crossboarding means visiting other boards
Lurk at least 2 years before posting, crossboarder.
>>
>>154373515
/a/ likes to pretend they've never left this board. It's pretty sad that this is how they try and make themselves seem better than most boards when they have the exact same shitty template threads.
>what should I expect?
>say something nice about her!
>I want to ___ [character]'s ___
>now that the dust has settled
>what did __ mean by this?
>>
>>154367511
Trigger made it using VLC. So it's shit.
>>
Promising and had its moment but in the end it was disappointing.
6,5/10.
>>
A LOT of people got really badly butthurt over the male fanservice and it was the reason why we got all that dumb hate propangada suddenly, but it was really good, fun and made by people who love their job, which is simply the best.
>>
>>154373559
>m-muh sekrit kulb
cry more you fucking nerd
>>
Dropped after 1 episode
>>
Never watched it, probably never will, I fap to Ryuuko occasionally because she's cute
>>
>>154373515
This.There are people here who can't stand the idea that someone who lives in his Mom's basement sometimes ALSO finds a reason to climb the stairs to the surface.
>>
>>154373682
mako has bigger tits
>tfw not nearly enough mako doujins
>>
>>154373628
Nowhere have I said or implied anything about wanting /a/ to be a secret club, crossboarder-kun. Seeing as you fail to grasp even the meaning of simple sentences, I suggest you leave this board in favour of one or more of the following:
>>>/b/
>>>/r9k/
>>>/v/
>>>/trash/
>>
File: KLK.jpg (126KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
KLK.jpg
126KB, 1280x720px
>>154373607
It was glorious.
>>
>>154373745
>p-pls stop posting you're hurting my feelings
>>
File: ryukochew7.gif (144KB, 189x189px) Image search: [Google]
ryukochew7.gif
144KB, 189x189px
>>154367511
The most objectively 7/10 show I've ever seen.
>>
>>154373771
picked up.
>>
>>154367511
This was absolute garbage. Mako was supposed to be funny and yet I wanted to punch her in the face, whenever she was on-screen. KlK didn't know whether it should be taken seriously or as a joke. The plot was a complete mess and the homeroom teacher was the only character I enjoyed.

This series joins the likes of Fairy Tail and Sword Art Online as the The Worst 3.
>>
>>154373777
You're free to post, just go to a board that is more fitted to your kind.
>>
>>154367511

It was, and still is, the high point of watching a current series with /a/, for me anyway.

The threads were fucking unbelievably good and made the show about 9x better than it would have been.

Nothing has replicated it since for me, nothing has even come close.
>>
>>154371267
>Skimpy outfits, but that's on purpose?
Did you miss the part where Ryoku couldn't go all out because she felt embarrased wearing a skimpy outfit, whereas Satsuki didn't? Did you miss the whole "who cares what the masses think, why should I feel shame?" point iin episode 3?

If you look at the early episodes of klk as comparable to Fooly Cooly you can see some parrallels to how Naoto dealt with male related social problems (earmarked by the phallic imagery coming out of his head) and Ryoku going through female related social problems (like people oggling her and the concept of her releasing blood)

Now Klk more or less abandons this line of thought around episode 5-6 and the clothing takes on a different meaning. But for those early parts the skimpy outfits were used to show that tough girl Ryoku still has issues coping with others and their perceptions of her.
>>
>>154373805
>The plot was a complete mess
Oh look, another retard.
>>
>>154373806
>wah wah other boards are bad only /a/ is good
>>
>>154373887
>Doesn't think the plot was bad.

The delusion is strong with this one.
>>
>>154373805
>Mako was supposed to be funny and yet I wanted to punch her in the face, whenever she was on-screen
It's okay anon, it's perfectly fine to be gay in this day and age
>>
>>154373940
Ok then. Explain why the plot was a "complete mess".
>>
File: I happen to be an expert.png (326KB, 580x580px) Image search: [Google]
I happen to be an expert.png
326KB, 580x580px
tried to emulate TTGL's hype and general feel.
failed miserably
/a/ tried their absolute best to pretend it was like watching ttgl in 07 all over again, and failed absolutely miserably

the animation, if you could even call it that half the time was absolutely rubbish
the plot, if you could call it that, was nearly non existent.
it felt like watching a show that was being made week to week with no end goal in mind.

it was your typical sub average show but because of the ties to TTGL, /a/ tried hyping it up to be something it wasn't even close to being.
>>
>>154367511
>Now that enough time has passed how do you really feel about Kill la Kill?
Boring show with a lame plot and repetitive characters that for some reason i enjoyed back when i was in school. Would not watch again.
>>
Better main cast but shittier side cast than TTGL, went to shit during the second half just like TTGL, barely animated unlike TTGL.
All around enjoyable though. Something to spend a weekend on and have fun and forget about the next day, just like TTGL.

But really it tried to cash in on TTGL's success way too much honestly.
>>
>>154374174
>tried to emulate TTGL
Yet another /v/ermin with no knowledge on the subject joins the thread.
>>
>>154374307
>shittier side cast than TTGL
Oh yeah how could one forget the memorable side characters of TTGL.
Like that guy that always wanted to shoot the cannon.
Or those sisters of Kittan.
Or those two annoying little kids.
Or those twins that at the end died and I was supposed to feel bad about it.
>>
>>154374375
Fuck you I loved Team Dai-Gurren. I loved seeing them do stupid shit together. I wish the entirety of Gurren Lagann was about them stealing shit, throwing it together haphazardly and poorly into some retarded looking mecha, and defeating the spiral king because fuck yeah humanity.
>>
>>154374002
If you think ruining tension and adding Jar Jar Binks comedy is a good thing, then I really do feel sorry for your abysmal taste.

>>154374018
I'm not going to explain myself when you'll write off whatever I say with "Hurr Durr tis a parody, twas a joke" which doesn't excuse poor writing.

But at the very least I'll give you one example: Two-thirds of the way through, its revealed that Ryuko was born and is made up of life-fibers which gives her not just high-speed regen but also immense power, which is good enough to cut a skyscraper in half without wearing senketsu. Yet through-out the first half, she jobbed multiple times to people who were severely weaker than her. Now please explain to me without using "parody" or "joke" how this is in anyway anything but bad writing?
>>
>>154374328
lad i was here for both. dont cherrypick half the sentence in favor of refuting the undeniable facts i posted. imaishi tried to emulate what he achieved with ttgl, and failed miserably, while exposing himself as a director who needs someone to restrain his outlandish bullshit to make a good show.
>>
>>154367511
It was a fun and pretty awesome at a lot of points, I really like a lot of the characters so it helped out some of the more "empty" parts.

It stood out to me because 99 percent of animes are generic garbage like middleschoolers eating cakey or monster girls trying to have sex with some beta. Not to mention I really enjoy the art because it wasn't composed to make logistical or physical sense but to have artistic impact.

For example, when Satsuki walks down from the giant steps to the school grounds, it's logistically fucking retarded. But, ahem, anime isn't real and I liked the composition of the scenes.

In reality, it reminded me why I started watching anime in the first place and I love the art to boot.
>>
>>154374484
You may like them, but that doesn't mean they don't have any personality or are extremely one dimensional.

>>154374614
>If you think ruining tension and adding Jar Jar Binks comedy is a good thing, then I really do feel sorry for your abysmal taste.
You are the kind of person who thinks comic relief is a tonal clash. You shouldn't look down your nose at people when you compare Mako to a character that has zero similarities to her.
>>
>>154367690
>>154367690
This
>>
>>154374679
I just prefer interesting character interactions over individual character development. Ryuuko vs Satsuki, for example, was more interesting to me than any single character in both KLK and TTGL.
Besides, you can argue many one dimensional characters can make up one multi-dimensional body.
>>
>>154374614
>Two-thirds of the way through, its revealed that Ryuko was born and is made up of life-fibers which gives her not just high-speed regen but also immense power, which is good enough to cut a skyscraper in half without wearing senketsu. Yet through-out the first half, she jobbed multiple times to people who were severely weaker than her.
So you can't even follow basic storytelling.
It's explained that Matoi Isshin sealed the life fibers within her body and they got awakened with time only by being put over and over again in life threatening situations.
>>
>>154367511
I liked it, even when I was expecting this to be the next TTGL (which it wasn't), but still I can say I enjoyed it.
>>
>>154373842
It is NOT ok to browse other boards.
/a/ is exclusive. You better not, or I'll be TRIGGERed.
>>
>>154374643
KLK took inspiration from completely different sources than TTGL and the tone and storytelling were completely different.
Saying that KLK tried to emulate TTGL is like saying that Luluco tried to emulate Dead Leaves and just reveals you as the crossboarder you are.
>>
>>154374874
you can keep calling people who dont like your shitty show crossboarders, but that doesnt make your show any less shitty. imaishi took undeniable direct inspiration from ttgl and also from nearly every gainax show to some extent. unfortunately that doesn't work with a shitty studio like trigger. it worked in 07 with gainax because they had the talent and someone to keep imaishi on a leash.
>>
>>154375028
>imaishi took undeniable direct inspiration from ttgl
No. They only share the basic 2 parts structure.
>from nearly every gainax show to some extent
No. A few references, mainly to Evangelion, that are irrelevant to the actual substance of the show.
At least don't make it so obvious you are from /v/ and you know nothing older than the 90s.
>>
File: tbhfam.jpg (14KB, 221x380px) Image search: [Google]
tbhfam.jpg
14KB, 221x380px
>>154375284
you really love parroting this crossboarder shit in lieu of actually defending your shitty show, probably because you cant defend garbage.

KLK had inspiration from just about every single gainax show ever made. hell even slutskis suit was a homage to gunbuster. and it was more than a few references. there was an evanglelion/ttgl/diebuster/gunbuster reference at absolute minimum, at least once an episode.

you can keep calling me whatever sort of boogeyman you want, doesnt change the fact KLK was absolute shit tier, and that no one gives the slightest fuck anymore. its been what, a couple of years? ttgl turns 10 this year, evangelion turns 22, gunbuster is nearly 30, all of these shows are talked about more and far more favourably that your pathetically bad shit la shit
>>
>>154375465
>KLK had inspiration from just about every single gainax show ever made. hell even slutskis suit was a homage to gunbuster. and it was more than a few references. there was an evanglelion/ttgl/diebuster/gunbuster reference at absolute minimum, at least once an episode.
As expected the shitposting crossboarder can't even read.
I said that the superficial references are irrelevant to the actual substance of the show, its tone and storytelling.
How about you try to explain how it tried to emulate TTGL and other Gainax shows, where it matters, and not others, older sources, that you obviously know, not being a /v/ermin?
>>
>>154375465
No, it's just Gainax has always been an otaku studio who make anime for otaku. Gainax homaged/parodied/referenced tons of shit in just about every series they made. It's not referencing Eva or Gunbuster as much as it is referencing the same things those series referenced.

The similarities between ttgl and klk aren't because the latter is referencing the former, it's because it has almost the exact same people working on it and they just aren't super creative so their work can be kinda samey.
>>
File: 6fe9194c6336.jpg (193KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
6fe9194c6336.jpg
193KB, 1000x1000px
>>154367511
It was fun. Had some of the best and most creative fight scenes of the past decade. Girl's were pretty top tier too. If it was just about spectacle show would receive 10/10. Plot and some of the characters could've definetly used some improvement/more development, and I didn't feel any emotional connection to the series at all even at moments where I could see I was supposed to, which is a huge failure of the show.

>>154367598
This basically

>>154367555
Its not awful. It doesnt really know where its going in the first half, but plot is figured out from the 2nd half of the show and its fine. I'd reccomend watching if you ever want something really fun.

>>154367615
This as well
>>
>>154375908
Senkestu dying is clearly copying nia though. It was disgusting how cheap it felt.
>>
File: Kamen Rider OOOs.jpg (294KB, 1218x1437px) Image search: [Google]
Kamen Rider OOOs.jpg
294KB, 1218x1437px
>>154376277
>clearly copying nia
>>
File: 1467325163499.png (514KB, 864x592px) Image search: [Google]
1467325163499.png
514KB, 864x592px
>>154367511
it gave us best girl
>>
>>154376277
>Watching TTGL, get sad when Nia suddenly dies at the end its kinda bullshit but fine
>Watching KLK, get mad when Senketsu suddenly dies at the end its ultra bullshit just setting up some dumb meme
>Watching SPL, "Nova-kun is going to suddenly die at the end" Nova-kun suddenly dies at the end, just feel jaded nothingness

Is this how Imaishi views the world?
>>
>>154376277
>Senkestu dying is clearly copying nia though
How? How is it at all similar outside of compatriot and closest person to the person dies in the end? Considering Imaishi has done the same thing three series in a row, maybe he just has no idea how to write any other kind of ending?
>>
>>154376358
This is an anime board. Nobody watched kamen rider.
>>
>>154376561
Is it better to be an unintentional hack instead of an intentional one?
>>
Fuckin' fun
>>
>>154374375
Agreed, I don't even remember these faggots names
>>
>>154376569
Do you have a single fact to back that up?
>>
>>154376569
>Nobody watched kamen rider.
You would be wrong.
>>
Still one of my all time favorite shows. It gives me life to see /a/ jump through all these hoops just to shit on it.
>>
>>154367511

Mediocre show with a fundamentally bad concept.
>>
>>154367511
Flawed masterpiece.
But despite some glaring flaws, that would make it a 9/10 rather than a 10/10, it's one of my absolute favorites. I probably watched it more times than any other anime, save for FLCL and EoE.
>>
the first half was legit 9/10
second half was probably 3/10
>>
File: reeeeeeee.gif (879KB, 350x197px) Image search: [Google]
reeeeeeee.gif
879KB, 350x197px
Why must they rush series?

why why why why why
>>
>>154378778
>second half was probably 3/10
No.
>>154378840
What?
>>
>>154378921

its rushed. did you even watch the 2nd half? lots of still frames and repeated shots. mouths not moving and the like
>>
>>154378971
So rushed production.
>>
>>154378971
it's low budget you absolute pleb. They blew all their budget on like episode 10-13 or something.
Were you even here when this anime was airing?
>>
>>154367511
I never watched it and probably never will
>>
>>154379079
No, the series had a big Aniplex backing, with Sawano and all, and they weren't certainly short on money.
But 25 episodes of non stop action were too much for a freshly established studio. Should have been split cour.
>>
It was pretty good until episode 12, then it got pretty boring. Watching the first 12 then the last 2 is probably the way to go

>>154376368
Indeed
>>
>>154379257
It just shows they overshot their budget and very clearly didn't know how to manage a studio yet. Klk was very ambitious for a fledgling studio.
>>
Very enjoyable to watch and listen too

Probably my favorite sub ever

Although middle can really dip in quality. Overall one of my favorites, but not my favorite or in my top 5

Takarada is the true hero
>>
>>154367511
I couldn't force myself to finish it. I just don't get the appeal at all.
>>
>>154380509
Fun

That's literally Trigger's ideals
>>
>>154367511
It had potential.
>>
File: consider the following .png (390KB, 601x600px) Image search: [Google]
consider the following .png
390KB, 601x600px
Mediocre. I never understood how anyone felt like the show was anything special, especially with the legacy of TTGL, PS&G, and the LWA OVA. It was the same rehashed revenge story with power levels, fan service, and even a tournament arc. It had a strong aesthetic, but was otherwise unremarkable and had subpar animation.
>>
>>154367511
>make show
>make protagonist the least intresting character

I genuinely liked every character in this show though
>>
>>154375908
>The similarities between ttgl and klk
Such as?
>>
>>154367511
I don't know.
I watched I think half of it, got to the secrets society and that needle assassin where they introduced a number of new things.

But it just felt like a weak monster of the week kind of thing (not that that is a bad thing). Watched a few more episodes to see if the new things where going to change stuff, well they didn't in that short time. I assume they used that setup later, but I just didn't feel like waiting around for it. Also I never really got use to the animation style, although I hate to count that against a show.

In fairness this was around the same time where anime just stopped being fun for me. I don't know if I have just seen too much, but everything seems to have gotten boring.

So I don't think I can fairly judge it.
>>
>>154379874
It's not about them being a fledgling studio. The parent company, Gainax, has been consistently overshooting their budget since their very first show.
>>
>>154381088
There aren't many honestly other than a similar energy of the series and the ending. I don't think the two are the same at all other than they have similar mishandlings because Imaishi can't stick to one idea.
>>
It was one of those shows that was fun to watch while airing but can't ever live up to rewatch.
>>
>>154381088
In the first half the hero fights against a villain that ends up teaming up with the hero to defeat a greater enemy.
>>
>>154376569
>nobody watches kamen rider
Yeah well i do
>>
but who was best girl?
>>
>>154383276
Senketsu, obviously.
>>
>>154383382
Senketsu is a guy
>>
>>154383463

>a dress
>male
>>
My prime example of an anime starting out great and getting progressively worse with every episode.
>>
>>154383525
>kilts
>not masculine as fuck
>>
>>154383552
But it peaked with episode 18.
>>
>>154383525
Senketsu is a girl's sailor uniform(male)
>>
>>154383662
what would Senketsu even look like if a guy put him on and transformed?
>>
>>154383869

>he hasnt seen that koichi image
>>
The first half was pretty good but it kept getting worse and worse withe every episode after that.
>>
>>154383996
what image
>>
File: 1442776848524.jpg (83KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
1442776848524.jpg
83KB, 853x480px
KLK wasn't even the best show in its respective season
>>
>>154384208
Neither was this meme trainwreck, that actually showed some promise before throwing everything out of the window.
>>
File: evil.jpg (111KB, 715x717px) Image search: [Google]
evil.jpg
111KB, 715x717px
>>154384421
>meme trainwreck
Let me guess, you watched Mayoiga in its entirety?
>>
why was Ms. Mankanshoku ok with her husband perving on a teenager right in front of her?
>>
>>154384558
She was too busy slobbering over sensei's dick to care.
What a horrible family.
>>
>>154384545
No, I avoid meme trainwrecks.
This show tricked me with some good episodes before going retard. Incidentally that's exactly when the memester on /a/ started caring about it.
>>
File: 1486954298379.jpg (48KB, 470x475px) Image search: [Google]
1486954298379.jpg
48KB, 470x475px
>>154384700
>meme
>memester
>>
Watched all the episodes about a week ago. It was one of those very enjoyable wild rides. Would recommend.
>>
>>154384808
>meme trainwreck fag is a crossboarder
Who could have guessed
>>
KLK>>>>>>>>>>>TTGL
>>
>>154385107
>le crossboarder boogeyman
>>
>>154367511
Satire about genera cliches were overshadowed by waifu fags. Men having blinding light coming from their nipples is a joke at Japans censorship. The series demonstrates how the progression of more suggestive clothing leading to wearing nothing at all has a dulled response. The idea that something was actually hidden was more erotic than everyone on screen just being naked. It was also considered with the characters acceptance of their skimpy clothing. When Ryuko was embarrass more emphasis was placed on her body then than later on when it became more normal for her, it matches the fans familiarity and desensitization. Aside from those industry satire moments, most everything else were just exaggerated satire of cliches.
>>
>>154367511
Trying too hard, the anime.
>>
>>154367511
Nue ruined the show
>>
it was fun, that's all
>>
>>154384545
Mayoiga was supposed to be a goofy farce
>>
>>154385557
Mayoiga was a piece of shit that didn't know what it was supposed to be because of an hack writer that should have been purged by quite some time.
>>
>>154383525
>strange fetishists (being washed)
>tried to rape a girl
>lewd
>omega
Literally /ourguy/
>>
>>154367511
It was a decent ride with a shit ending and great shitposts.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93oihEbeKmw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0dsS0b0eHA
>>
>>154367511
It's fine.

A solid 6/10.
>>
File: nonono.gif (1006KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
nonono.gif
1006KB, 500x281px
Really takes a dive towards the end. They seem to run out of money because the episodes and fights look worse and worse. Lots of stills, lots of reused animations, lots of *teleports behind u because movement is expensive* in the fights. Really fucks with the pacing too.

I think by far the best episode is the one where they're all run down and forced to live in the sewers or whatever, suddenly the show can do nuance and tone.
>>
File: 1385014203766.gif (1MB, 478x218px) Image search: [Google]
1385014203766.gif
1MB, 478x218px
Take out Mako and it's 7/10. Make Satsuki and Co. the main cast and its an 8/10. Make a final episode that's not rushed to all high hell and it would be a solid 8.5/10 for me.

I still enjoyed the show, though I know it was pretty shit overall, but it was fun regardless.
>>
>>154386196
>I think by far the best episode is the one where they're all run down and forced to live in the sewers or whatever, suddenly the show can do nuance and tone
That episode and the one next were the ones hit the hardest by the schedule problems, are you serious?
They were originally supposed to be 3 episodes and one got cut because of the delay. The episode had to be completely redone, so the pacing is rushed, the storyboard, art and animation are shit and some important scenes even ended up in the drama CD.
14 - 18 and 21 - 25 look a million times better, sometimes even better than the first cour (15 has the best Ryuko vs Satsuki fight by far).
>>
>>154367511
It was great.
Too bad /a/ edgelords will try to deny it ITT
>>
File: who cares.jpg (27KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
who cares.jpg
27KB, 600x338px
>>154385792
It totally knew that it was as a farce. It constantly drew attention to how stupid everyone was and how ridiculous the situation they were in was. It trivialized the drama and dramatic reveals with a lot of the inane bullshit the characters were spouting, in addition to the shitty shot composition that animators purposely drew to look amateurish. Literally half the cast just stopped caring what was going on because in the end it didn't really matter.
>>
>>154386003
>rape
???
>>
>>154386294
I like Satsuki, but Ryuuko was a much better protag than Satsuki could have been.
I'll never understand people who want or like to see beacons of perfection be a show's main character.
>>
>>154367511
It was a fun ride.
>>
File: 1479428217241.png (200KB, 350x394px) Image search: [Google]
1479428217241.png
200KB, 350x394px
Post yfw Nuifags got BTFO
>>
File: 1463539945782.png (887KB, 1272x717px) Image search: [Google]
1463539945782.png
887KB, 1272x717px
>>154387496
>got her arms back
>killed herself so ryuko didn't even get revenge

literally got away with everything
>>
>>154387496
post yfw Sanageyama got his eyes back
>>
File: Pistorius.jpg (66KB, 640x412px) Image search: [Google]
Pistorius.jpg
66KB, 640x412px
Nuifag here.
I'm really glad that this guy got his legs back.
>>
File: 1393708925930.png (331KB, 608x718px) Image search: [Google]
1393708925930.png
331KB, 608x718px
>>154387630
>>
File: 1452292749719.png (307KB, 494x456px) Image search: [Google]
1452292749719.png
307KB, 494x456px
>>154387496
>they thought she was going to be in the OVA
>>
>>154387777
the OVA was shit anyway
>>
File: 1378672042864.jpg (452KB, 1537x1169px) Image search: [Google]
1378672042864.jpg
452KB, 1537x1169px
>>154367511
KLK was a solid 7 or 8/10 anime. Entertaining all the way to the end I felt. Very neat style, fun characters, and really good music to go with it. Watching it with /a/ just made it even better.

One of the contributing factors I feel though as to why people hate it now, popularity aside, was pushing the Saving Anime thing as hard as a lot of people on /a/ and other places did. I'm guilty of it too I fully admit. It was fun before and during it airing, but that shit "Trigger"ed too many into thinking this was an 11/10 masterpiece when it wasn't and even those pushing the meme knew it wasn't. We just knew it was going to be a fun ride with the people behind the show at the reins.

>>154387989
The only thing I loved about the OVA was that speculah on the school being a robot was true.
>>
>>154367511
Gamagori was kinda the only reason I loved it as much as I did. I thought this was gonna be waifus but then I fell in love with the god of baras.
>>
>>154390565
Mankanshoku pls
>>
>>154367511
cringy fanservice
shitty plot
watched the first 6 because i thought it was a comedy and it made me laugh
finished it out of commitment, was pretty dissapointed
>>
>>154389583
The OVA was great and single handedly fixed the last episode
>gave Satsuki the possibility to end her character arc after being left out of the final fight
>gave Hohomaru a reason to exist
>Sanageyama got his rematch
>gave us a glimpse of the future of the characters after the series
>gave us the school mech and the badass finisher move that was missing against Ragyo
Now compare it to the shitty fanservice episodes that the OVAs of most other series are.
>>
so in the end, who was stronger between Ryuuko and Satsuki?
>>
>>154367511
It was okay.
>>
>>154391195
Ryuko and it's not even close.
But Ragyo was stronger.
>>
so did anyone actually learn anything at Honnouji?
>>
>>154391284
How to not lose your way.
>>
>>154391284
How to climb the social ladder, and that's all that matters.
>>
Is this the weekly KLK hate circlejerk thread?
>>
File: loseyourway.jpg (112KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
loseyourway.jpg
112KB, 800x800px
>>154391744
>>
2nd OP was god tier, show was a bit boring in the 2nd half imo though.
>>
>>154391786
>2nd OP was god tier
Maybe if they had the time to animate it.
>>
tunes were good

>>154391284
top notch orienteering school
>>
>>154391488
>how to climb the social ladder:
>be born with otherworldly powers, receive 3 star uniform
>>
>>154373446
Not just Ishikawa, but Mr. Yoshinori Kanada as well.

Anyway, KLK is nothing more but Imaishi having a continued hard on for Mr. Kanada as always. But with Go Nagai thrown into the mix this time.
>>
>>154392065
But that doesn't apply to any of the devas.
Gamagori and Sanageyama were only chosen for their resolve, Nonon because was her kindergarten buddy and Inumuta was weak as shit.
>>
>>154391887
what is best KLK music?
>>
>>154392159
imagine being Nonon and being friendzoned for 13 years only then for your crush to date her own sister over you

what level of NTR is this?
>>
>>154392089
A shitload of Dezaki as well, especially the first episodes.
Not to mention all the vintage sukeban series and the usual contaminations with western cartoons.
>>
>>154392221
There were a couple of soundtracks released. The best is the first OST which is kind of obvious because it has the good memorable songs on it in full. My main complaint about the OST is that some of the tracks are unnaturally blended together and I wish they were split e.g. the elite four's theme's are crammed into two different songs with other incidental music.

What I like about the soundtrack is that there's minimal repetition within each song. It's like they just made most songs entirely out of hooks. It really soothes the ADD to not hear filler.
>>
>>154367511
8/10

Pretty good.
>>
>>154393052
KLK OST works well within the series but is kinda shit to listen on its own.
PSG one was on another level.
>>
>>154393164
>is kind of shit to listen on it's own
counterpoint:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5Ka0WFqftA
>>
>>154393221
The problem is that on the OST they didn't just put "Sanageyama theme", they released it as 犬Kあ3L which has some incidental music (I think) the turbonerd's theme, and Sanageyama's theme.
>>154393164
PSG was great because it was a lot of Teddyloid and TCY FORCE making actual music and they didn't fuck around with it on the soundtracks. I imagine they told some artists to make them songs and then they cut them up for the anime and included the real deal on the soundtrack (I haven't watched PSG since it aired)
>>
>>154367511
it was pretty funny, the fanservice wad what this show was about didn't do anything for me.
>>
>>154393428
>The problem is that on the OST they didn't just put "Sanageyama theme", they released it as 犬Kあ3L which has some incidental music (I think) the turbonerd's theme, and Sanageyama's theme.
Ah I see what you're talking about now
>>
Really cool. It is crazy, the characters are very charismatic and memorable, the plot is quite straightforward and well paced (I don't recall any filler), didn't escalate as far as TTGL. Granted the ending was kind of anticlimactic and the OVA too cheesy. Overall decent, can't rate it tho, I just like it.

I might have a Trigger bias.
>>
Is this an acceptable english cover?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7wryLYBzZg
>>
File: 1423790553241.jpg (69KB, 523x698px) Image search: [Google]
1423790553241.jpg
69KB, 523x698px
Rewatched it recently. Not quite as good as I remembered, that long trudge from Naturals Election through the Osaka arc couldve been shortened down so the end didnt feel rushed, but still enjoyed it.

Ryuuko still best girl and my waifu
>>
File: concerned chewing luluco.gif (140KB, 379x440px) Image search: [Google]
concerned chewing luluco.gif
140KB, 379x440px
I think it's too long by a half. If they'd budgeted for 12-13 episodes and condensed everything into that frame, they'd have a really tightly paced, thrilling, and enjoyable show, a worthy successor to TTGL.

As it is now, though, the show meanders through ten or so episodes of nothing really happening. There's a stretch where Ryuko loses Senketsu/her way, gets him back, and then loses Senketsu/her way all over again two or three times in a row.

The tone was also kind of odd. For a show that opens with some kid being out and out crucified, the show ends up feeling toothless when no one actually dies. People are being stabbed, battered, shot, having their eyes gouged out, etc. and there's never really any consequences.

I guess I like it overall, but more for the fun I had watching week to week with my friends and shitposters here. It doesn't nearly hit the heights of TTGL, though, which is a shame.

For what it's worth, I think Space Patrol Luloco is everything that Kill La Kill was trying to be.
>>
>>154393674
>not having nonon as your waifu
>>
File: ryuko (2).jpg (208KB, 827x827px) Image search: [Google]
ryuko (2).jpg
208KB, 827x827px
>929 Ryuko's in my Ryuko folder

8/10 anime with a 10/10 MC
>>
File: 1484429056965.png (910KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
1484429056965.png
910KB, 1366x768px
>>154393861
>>
File: 1447079441477.jpg (80KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1447079441477.jpg
80KB, 1280x720px
>>154393755
>the heights of TTGL
TTGL is shit though. It was literally the SAO or SnK of its time.
>>
>>154393755
>There's a stretch where Ryuko loses Senketsu/her way, gets him back, and then loses Senketsu/her way all over again two or three times in a row.
That way you butcher her character arc.
Like removing Simon's sulking from TTGL.
>For a show that opens with some kid being out and out crucified, the show ends up feeling toothless when no one actually dies.
If you think he died, that was a mistranslation. He was only beaten up and can be seen in the background in later episodes.
>I think Space Patrol Luloco is everything that Kill La Kill was trying to be.
Luluco was trying to be a Cutie Honey reboot set in a meiji era dictatorship?
>>
>>154394028
>only 328

Man i need to step it up.
>>
>>154394028
post the lewdest Ryuko you have while keeping things blue
>>
>>154394204
>If you think he died, that was a mistranslation. He was only beaten up and can be seen in the background in later episodes.
Was he not literally hung up by his neck motionless, or am I remembering that wrong? Every student who isn't a main character looks exactly the same in this world anyway so it's probably a different kid
>>
File: 1390961089232.jpg (45KB, 511x286px) Image search: [Google]
1390961089232.jpg
45KB, 511x286px
>>154367511
7/10
Pretty good. Threads were fun while it was airing. Mako is worst girl and anybody who likes her above any other girl is wrong. People should have expected that Kill La Kill would become an entry level anime. And the tri-city arc is perfectly fine.
>>
worse than TTGL in just about every way except soundtrack, but even that's debatable
>>
File: 1483426874465.png (548KB, 1280x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1483426874465.png
548KB, 1280x1920px
>>154394275
>>
File: 1393704232806.jpg (121KB, 1280x768px) Image search: [Google]
1393704232806.jpg
121KB, 1280x768px
Did everyone in these threads literally forget about best boy?
>>
>>154394404
>owler
it's shit
>>
File: 1483572446050.jpg (121KB, 1200x830px) Image search: [Google]
1483572446050.jpg
121KB, 1200x830px
>>154394428
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93oihEbeKmw

Of course not

>>154394444
I cant argue with your quads. Please accept my apology.
>>
File: 1432417977055.jpg (324KB, 950x534px) Image search: [Google]
1432417977055.jpg
324KB, 950x534px
>>154394357
>really good 7~8/10 show
>worse than absolute shit
>>
>>154394204
>That way you butcher her character arc.
>Like removing Simon's sulking from TTGL.

It's not an arc, it's a yo-yo for a solid stretch of episodes. There's not really progression, just resets.

Simon sulks, yeah, but he's a better drawn character and it's a development that leads to something. He doesn't just "get sad" to fill time.

>If you think he died, that was a mistranslation. He was only beaten up and can be seen in the background in later episodes.

We SEE him getting crucified. If they can't even commit to that, that worsens the problem, doesn't it?

>Luluco was trying to be a Cutie Honey reboot set in a meiji era dictatorship?

Kill La Kill, at its core, is a story about a girl coming of age, a girl who learns to disregard what others think of her (her bashfulness over her body, Ragyo's plans, etc.) and instead manages to forge her own path. She's supposed to become an adult over the course of the series in the same way that TTGL is about Simon becoming a man.

Luloco is also a coming of age tale about a girl learning to reject society's expectations (her desperation to be normal).

Luloco hits that coming of age sweet spot while better balancing the tone. It's completely off the wall and zany, but when it gets "serious", it lands grounded by Luloco's character and arc. It's also just long enough that it never outwears its welcome or wears thin.

>>154394186
Contrarian pls
>>
File: nononon.jpg (22KB, 480x526px) Image search: [Google]
nononon.jpg
22KB, 480x526px
>>154393608
>english cover
warum?
>>
>>154394540
you just know she fucked the teacher
>>
File: 1445116039621.jpg (50KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1445116039621.jpg
50KB, 640x640px
>>154394687
She didnt. Stop this lie.
>>
mako a best

shitsuki a shit
>>
>>154394673
get this smug bitch off of my board
>>
It was great and the people who whine that anyone who likes anything popular are crossboarding Redditors should be beaten with sacks full of tools
>>
File: meafterreadingyourpost.gif (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
meafterreadingyourpost.gif
2MB, 640x360px
>>154394643
>Contrarian
So you admit you only like it because it's popular?

>muh hot-blooded action sequences
>muh quotable one-liners
>babby's first inspirational coming-of-age story
>Yoko TITTAYS
>LOW LOW BITE DA HOUR ECKS DEE
>mechashit
Kill yourself.
>>
>>154394705
Is that supposed to be Ryuko and Senketsu's daughter?
>>
File: Satsuki.gif (949KB, 436x713px) Image search: [Google]
Satsuki.gif
949KB, 436x713px
The first half was solid, although I like Ragyo the story took a nosedive in the second half.

Also, I think Satsuki should've been the main protagonist the entire time. Yeah, Ryuko's easier to write a premise around but we all know who the better character is.
>>
File: Nui a shit.gif (2MB, 360x240px) Image search: [Google]
Nui a shit.gif
2MB, 360x240px
>>154394891
>So you admit you only like it because it's popular?

That's quite a leap, bucko. Just what I'd expect from a Nui poster.
>>
>>154394891
how do we fix Nui's personality?
>>
>>154394186
>>154394891
>hipster

kys
>>
>>154394950
>in the second half

You mean the second half of the second half. In January and early February the threads were full of fun speculation about who Ryuko's real dad was. Then it was just something wacky/retarded like "haha he disguised himself as an old man". Also that one chick that got turned into clothing was never relevant. Also people thought Ragyo had some kind of actual reason for wanting to turn people into clothes and then she was just evil.
>>
Starts strong, stays hilarious throughout but loses some steam in the second half
>>
>>154394643
>It's not an arc, it's a yo-yo for a solid stretch of episodes. There's not really progression, just resets.
No, there's no yo-yo. The middle part of the series is all about her finding her reason to fight.
>We SEE him getting crucified.
No, he's only tied by his arms. And 10 seconds later Mako says he was beaten up.
The first half is about high schoolers having squabbles, there's never any pretension of serious consequences.
>Kill La Kill, at its core, is a story about a girl coming of age, a girl who learns to disregard what others think of her
No, that is only a part of what KLK is about. If that was the case, the series would never go past the "do whatever you want, fuck the police" attitude of PSG and Dead Leaves, Satsuki would only get ridiculed like the demon sisters and victory wouldn't be obtained thanks to both humans and clothing. Ryuko's arc is less about being independent and choosing for herself (she always was like that) and more about her becoming social and shaping her identity in harmony with people that are different (in many cases polar opposites) from her.
I'll add that the "it's okay to be abnormal" part from Luluco feels half baked, like Imaishi felt forced to add it since it's in all his works, and is far less interesting that the romance.
>>
>>154367511
It is fun and I don't care. I DO know what is making me laugh and what is worth something in my miserable life. I had a good time watching this.
>>
File: animation.gif (933KB, 350x197px) Image search: [Google]
animation.gif
933KB, 350x197px
whoops we squandered all our budget, enjoy those still pans
>>
>>154367511
I loved it the first time I saw it. The 2nd time, I found so many damb flaws that it went down to a 4/10, and that's based on enjoyability.
>>
>>154395084
>Also that one chick that got turned into clothing was never relevant
But she was never turned into clothing, just simply ripped to pieces.
>>
File: REMINDER.jpg (171KB, 346x480px) Image search: [Google]
REMINDER.jpg
171KB, 346x480px
>>
>>154395984
Gamagoori is best girl though
>>
>>154367511
It was super mediocre and not worth rewatching or mentioning. I had hopes for it until we hit the deva boss rush then it all tanked when the pink chick showed up.
>>
File: REMINDER-fixed.jpg (76KB, 346x560px) Image search: [Google]
REMINDER-fixed.jpg
76KB, 346x560px
>>154396034
opsss, my bad
>>
>>154395984
>>154396205
Go back to twitter with your dumb twitter memes.
>>
>>154367511
I enjoyed it. It was more fun watching it with /a/ week-to-week than it is watching it alone. It also had some obvious flaws, like the pacing and the school-conquering bits.

I liked it more than TTGL, which I got bored of pretty quickly.
>>
>>154396215
t. nui-fag
>>
>>154396034
how can Gamagoori be best girl if he's a man and also a violent stick-in-the-mud?
>>
>>154396244
>t.
Also go back to /int/
>>
Reminder that Nui ended up absorbed by Ryuko together with Shinra Koketsu and is currently inside her.
She won.
>>
>>154396308
ok :(

>>/int/72087405
>>
>>154396281
He just is, man.
>>
File: __kiryuuin_satsuki_kill_la_kill.jpg (763KB, 800x1183px) Image search: [Google]
__kiryuuin_satsuki_kill_la_kill.jpg
763KB, 800x1183px
Childhood is idolizing Ryuko.

Adulthood is realizing Satsuki makes more sense.
>>
How are all these people saying the first episode was great when it took an amazing premise and threw it all away for a standard shonen motivation?

>highschool under a dictatorship, great setting alone for an action show or slice-of-life
>students have uniforms that enhance strength based on rank, establishing tiers of powers and a protagonist that could start at the top or bottom and still be compelling
>introduce a protagonist in the first 10 minutes that goes "muh dead dad" while everyone jobs

It's difficult to think of a series that squandered a premise quite as violently as KLK did.
>>
>>154397085
Apex maturity is realizing the truth that is Nonon Jakuzure
>>
>>154395539
>The middle part of the series is all about her finding her reason to fight.

Over and over again.

>The first half is about high schoolers having squabbles, there's never any pretension of serious consequences.

>guy violently lashed and crucified/tied outside of school
>Satsuki enforcing strict social darwinism and ruling the school like a fascist dictator
>Ryuko's avenging the brutal, bloody murder of her father
>Sanageyama sews his own eyes shut
>never any pretension of serious consequences

Nigga

>No, that is only a part of what KLK is about.
I don't think you're wrong, all that stuff about Ryuko learning to branch out is there, too, but I'd disagree on the whole. The other themes were peripheral or tied to that coming of age theme. Ryuko was a schoolyard bully and then trying to avenge the father she had always shunned. She wasn't really independent; she wasn't following ordes, but she wasn't really making choices either. Mako, her family, and then her growing cast of friends and allies become the family she never had and the source of support that allows her to blossom on her own.

Satsuki's arc is along similar lines. Even though she's planning against Ragyo, she's stuck acting and thinking like her mother (might makes right, seeing people as tools to further her ends, etc.) whatever her ultimate intentions.

>I'll add that the "it's okay to be abnormal" part from Luluco feels half baked, like Imaishi felt forced to add it since it's in all his works, and is far less interesting that the romance.
I'd disagree, since Luloco's desperation to be normal goes hand in hand with the romance. Her initial attraction to Nova is shallow, based entirely on his looks and her desire to have the perfect middle school romance. Her realizing that it was shallow, and then inspiring him to find a purpose/motivation/drive of his own, is what takes them from that initial attraction to an actual romance.
>>
>>154367511
Still an absolute shit show.
>>
File: 1393065434933.jpg (849KB, 1280x864px) Image search: [Google]
1393065434933.jpg
849KB, 1280x864px
I enjoyed it but I don't remember a whole lot to be honest.
>>
>>154397994

But patricians understand the healing power of Discomilf.
>>
>>154395539
>>154398047
>The middle part of the series is all about her finding her reason to fight.

I haven't watched the show since it aired, so forgive me if my memory is hazy, but...
>Ryuko in depressive funk after Nui shows up at Naturals Election
>Senketsu, Mako, etc. try to cheer her up, but she's holed up in her room
>Eventually, she decides she's going to fight
>Oh, no, it's Nui, who destroys Senketsu
>Ryuko spends another whole episode too depressed to get him back
>Then she does get him back (unrelated, but it was unsatisfactory, too, felt way too easy)
>couple episodes later she finds out the truth and then refuses to put on Senketsu and gets herself captured

Maybe 1 or 2 of these could have worked, but this was all condensed in a pretty short span so it doesn't feel like genuine progression. It's development and then regression so we can go through the motions again.
>>
>>154398121
Rape is not healing
>>
>>154371293
bruh mr holier than thou master of the animus and mangos please bestow upon a lowly serf the meaning of a shitty poorly thought out overwelcome mess of a show
>>
i watched it enjoyed it and shelved it in a moderately enjoyed animu.

would i watch it again? maybe i dunno, id have to be a very specific mood to watch it and not any of the better anime tats in its genre
>>
>>154369037

>gorilla pretends to be human
>>
>>154394028

start posting, lad
>>
>>154393755
>For what it's worth, I think Space Patrol Luloco is everything that Kill La Kill was trying to be.
Hey, it's nice to meet another Cutie Honey fan.

>>154394891
>mechashit
No cool man.
>>
>>154398047
>Over and over again.
No. After going berserk and realizing the futility of revenge, Ryuko is empty, and afraid of herself. Nui's ruse to make her wear Senketsu again showcased this, fighting for something she didn't believe in (overthrowing Satsuki) leaves her defeated with her identity literally shattered. At this point Satsuki, manipulating her as usual, brings her across Kansai to put Senketsu (and herself) together. It's the first time she fights for someone other than herself, and the same happens when she's overwhelmed and reluctant to fight to save humanity but Satsuki lures her to Honnoji again putting Mako's family in danger.
Remove the Kansai arc and you lose a fundamental part of her development.
>Nigga
Ryuko's dad death belongs to the realm of Ragyo, Nui and Covers, where people are actually trying to kill each others and actions have serious consequences, not to the school where despite the frictions, nobody is really evil and it's all a big ruse anyway.
>>
>>154400046
cont
>The other themes were peripheral or tied to that coming of age theme.
I'm not saying that it isn't a coming of age story, just that "disregard what others think of her" doesn't describe it.
Ryuko defines and shapes her identity with the help of another being that mirrors herself (Senketsu) and whenever she loses control, it's thanks to the image of herself in the mind of others (Mako, Senketsu, Satsuki) that she finds her true self again. The series makes a clear point that no man is an island, and what we are is defined in relation with others.
The "I don't care about what anyone thinks" attitude belongs to the first half of the series and is fondamentally flawed and fruitless, like Satsuki observes. At the same way, Ryuko calls out Satsuki's methods for what they are.
The series is about finding a balance between the opposites the characters embody (because everyone is different and incomprehensible in one way or the other): chaos and order, nudity and clothing, black and white, etc. Similarly to how TTGL was about finding a middle ground between new and old.
>I'd disagree, since Luloco's desperation to be normal goes hand in hand with the romance
But it wasn't shallow because she wanted to be normal. It was shallow because it was the first crush of a 13 yo (and it being shallow didn't even have a negative connotation anyway). The two things weren't really well tied together.
>>
>>154398229
>>Ryuko spends another whole episode too depressed to get him back
No, she goes to get it back immediately.
I explained the rest here >>154400046, and her refusal to put him on after the reveal is an entirely different matter.
>>
I like the individual pieces of it. The characters, music, blood powered living space clothes, etc, but the way they were put together was sloppy. You could tell they were more or less winging the whole series outside of a couple of key episodes that carry the rest.

I'd love it if they gave it the TTGL movie treatment and split the whole series into 3 movies to cover each arch so that everything will be tighter and have a proper budget.
>>
>>154400379
Seeing some scenes reanimated would be nice, but with evenless runtime the narrative would be an absolute clusterfuck. If anything the series could have used some other episodes.
>>
File: 1488283387528.png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
1488283387528.png
1MB, 1366x768px
>>154394028

post the folder PLEASE
>>
>>154367511
It's a 10/10 and I only watched TTGL because they are so often compared. TTGL was boring.
>>
Fun show, but it fell apart anytime things got serious. The ending was by the numbers, the villains had no motivations whatsoever, and Ryuuko's angst was comical. The side characters really carried it. I'll never forget my confusion in the fight where Ryuko beat Satsuki "because Satsuki is alone" right after she went against Mako and Senketsu's wishes while Satsuki was fighting with the help of the four devas. If I had to describe it in a sentence, it was utter nonsense in all the best and worst ways.
>>
File: Do it for Satsuki.jpg (284KB, 1400x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Do it for Satsuki.jpg
284KB, 1400x1000px
>>154367511
I feel it's the best annie may ever, as I met my wife in it.

>>154368665
I kept waiting for the phone to ring but nothing happened. I'm disappointed.
>>
>>154401922
>I'll never forget my confusion in the fight where Ryuko beat Satsuki "because Satsuki is alone" right after she went against Mako and Senketsu's wishes while Satsuki was fighting with the help of the four devas.
Because that was still when Satsuki was using everyone as pawns to manipulate, Devas included. Remember when she was about to throw Sanageyama out when he lost against Ryuko?
It's only after she was beaten and escaped prisony, during the scene on the boat at sundown, that she realizes that those people genuinely cared about her and were always there to protect her.
>>
10/10
Didn't lose its waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay
>>
>>154376405
You swaped Nia and Senketsu
Thread posts: 334
Thread images: 62

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.