[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A Manga Author about 2chan.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

File: 1.png (43KB, 973x1400px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
43KB, 973x1400px
A Manga Author about 2chan.
>>
It's not really about 2chan but about interacting with unchecked feedback.
>>
And game devs and Hollywood types check Reddit, /v/ and /tv/. Creators can get instant feedback from anonymous strangers just by making a thread with their work and seeing if people like it or not.

It must be really fucking depressing.
>>
That's what happens when you want an opinion without hypocrisy, stupid move.
>>
>>154314481
There is a difference between you sending a representative out to collect feedback and you going and hearing criticism about what you alone fucked up.
There's also a difference between anonymous discussion and reddit, which is generally not as unruly.
>>
>>154314481
>/v/ and /tv/
>implying that all those posts aren't just bored morons
No one actually takes 4chan seriously.
>>
>>154314617
We get actual shills and representatives.
Of course they take one of the largest communication hubs seriously.
>>
Its a good rule to just avoid reading unfiltered comments about you or your work. Theres very little to gain and a lot to lose.
Anonymity encourages exaggarated negatism because people prefer talking in black and white terms, no one cares about moderate opinions.
>>
>>154314617
Taking it seriously or not, I'm pretty sure that as a new author without any success yet, seeing people bashing your work must hurt in some ways.
>>
>>154314641
>take one of the largest communication hubs
>ranked like 5000th in web traffic
Not in any capacity. Shilling on reddit and tumblr is thousands of times more effective.
>>
>>154314656
unfiltered opinion is important
there's a grain of truth behind every exaggeration or meme

needless praise and circlejerking hurt creators far more

>a lot to lose.
the only thing you really lose is time spent browsing
>>
>reading 2ch comments about your work
>taking them seriously
Why. I mean yeah, I understand that some people would like honest feedback and anonymity can be helpful, but it's still mostly just shitposting.
>>
>>154314867
Morale are really important in everything man
And artists aren't usually people that have much of it
>>
So who's the author and is there more of this?
>>
>>154314738
It's top 500th thanks to recent shenanigans with /pol/, though it will inevitably drop again. Hell it's 178th in the US. You'd have to be a moron if you think being able to advertise for free here isn't desirable. They don't even have to alert site staff and pay.
>>
File: 1479183266960.jpg (801KB, 1702x3217px) Image search: [Google]
1479183266960.jpg
801KB, 1702x3217px
>>154314738
Pic related. And I'm sure you know about the shill in the LWA threads?
Have you lurked enough to see manga publishers ask /a/ what manga they should release next (other than YKK which they don't like)?
>>
>>154314265
There's some sort of severe masochism at work with anyone who would go onto an anonymous site to check feedback on some work they made.
>>
>>154314481

I find this hard to be true but then I look at Warner bros.
>>
>>154314867
>the only thing you really lose is time spent browsing
If you're a psychopath.
Normal people have egos and hearing someone say your work the worst thing ever hurts their feelings.
>>
They must think the truth would be honest... it's like swimming in a pond of alligators.
>>
>>154315077
Maybe I am just a heartless bastard but I would see it as a way to improve "the worst thing ever" about my product.
>>
File: 1471688324227.jpg (69KB, 838x630px) Image search: [Google]
1471688324227.jpg
69KB, 838x630px
>>154314867
>there's a grain of truth behind every exaggeration or meme

You know there are people here who will shittalk a show to full extent without having watched a single minute of it right? You are underestimating the lengths that anons will go just to be mad about something.
>>
>>154315194
You are my hero.
>>
>>154315115
Besides emotions anons are the worst source of tips to improve. They might lie, try to bait replies, they might be retarded and say the exact opposite of what would be good advice etc.
You go to people you trust, people who put their own reputation on the line with their critique and other professionals for advice.
>>
File: 1451198906614.png (164KB, 667x547px) Image search: [Google]
1451198906614.png
164KB, 667x547px
>>154314968
>one (1) example
>megacorperation that does this sort of thing for forums not matter how small
>>
>>154315350
>>one (1) example
I count 3.
>>
>>154315371
I saw one person doing it.
>>
>>154315417
So you want different anons responding to you?
>>
>>154315441
I was wrong so now I am back tacking. Probably further evidence that using 4chan as a way to make anything better is not really a good idea.
>>
File: 1488893793441.jpg (13KB, 300x310px) Image search: [Google]
1488893793441.jpg
13KB, 300x310px
Going to 2ch or futaba for fair criticism and proper feedback is a mug's game.
I mean, just look at how futaba portrays our fine and upstanding administrator.
>>
>>154316002
Better than the faggots here that fell for the meme "Oh he mispells so kawaii~"
>>
>>154315709
The one strength of this place when it comes to criticism is that it's all unfiltered. Of course there are people who will try to bait you and shit like that, but there are still some people who are willing to share their genuine constructive thoughts on a work, be it bad or good. You gotta learn how to filter out all the shitposts and focus on the constructive post you could learn something from.

Obviously I can't really back any of this up since I'm not a famous creator, but from the small experience I do have I can tell you I'd rather get shittalked than sugarcoated.
>>
>>154314617
Are you serious?
A number of devs and community managers have outright said they browse /v/ and /vg/ threads on their game.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.