[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If you like manga so much, why not consume it raw?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

File: 20110102004748.jpg (55KB, 400x280px) Image search: [Google]
20110102004748.jpg
55KB, 400x280px
If you like manga so much, why not consume it raw?
>>
I don't like the taste of paper.
>>
>>154312008
it grows on you
>>
Because the only thing I consume raw is dick.
>>
File: comics01.png (464KB, 500x711px) Image search: [Google]
comics01.png
464KB, 500x711px
But I do, anon. I just wish there was an easier way of finding raws other than the unreliable DDL sites.

Here's one series I've been reading lately.
>>
>>154311959
I already consummated your mom raw
>>
I'm in the process of reading muh first manga raw, it's like having your fucking teeth pulled but i'm getting there.
>>
I like eggs, but I know better than to eat them raw
>>
I imported some manga but holy shit the text is so small. I ended up just downloading it off nyaa.
>>
>>154311959
But I do
>>
i usually read things raws for manga that I can easily access raws for.

I wish there was a way to automatically download weekly shounen jump / young jump as they come out.

My current procedure of 1) go to ddl site, 2) manually check for update, 3) load up jdownloader 4) start download is work intensive.
>>
>>154312367

Is this as gay as it looks?
>>
>>154315266

get your eyes checked
>>
>>154311959
I probably should, should't I
>>
>>154311959
Fuck, that smug Akashi is cute.
>>
>>154312367
>I wish there was an easier way of finding raws
There is, it's called buying the manga.
>>
>>154312729
I remember choosing to read fullmetal alchemist as my first raw manga, so many fucking pages where I didn't understand a thing.

I eventually got good at around volume 14 though, after that reading was much less stressful, almost fun.
>>
>>154316426
same
>>
Boy, Tatami Galaxy sure loses a lot of it's visual appeal in black and white.
>>
I tried to read Yotsuba&! but failed miserably.
>>
Do I have to take responsibility if it gets pregnant?
>>
>>154320242
ye
>>
>>154317031

No, I think the right one is a girl
>>
>>154320178

same, but I didn't give up. Now I can read it
>>
>>154317031
It's not. The person on the right is the older female childhood friend of the guy on the left.
>>
>>154311959
Literally moved to Japan because it's easy to buy all the media I want here.
>>
>>154321167

Same here.
I regret nothing.
>>
>>154320665
h-how
>>
>>154311959
Manga, like sex, should only be raw if you are willing to take responsibility and enter into a long term relationship.
>>
>>154321526

1. Start reading yotsubato
2. When you encounter a word you don't know, look it up and enter it into Anki
3. When you have mined a bunch of words or get tired, stop
4. Do your Anki reps
5. Go to sleep
6. Wake up
7. Do your Anki reps
8. Try to read yostubato again
9. if you few unseen cards in your mining deck, add more words you see in yotsubato that you don't know, if you have a bunch of unseen cards in your mining deck, don't add them yet, just look them up
10. When you understand all the words in a sentence but don't know what it means, search on the internet for what the grammar is doing

repeat forever
>>
Stupid question, does jcafe have raws to read/download?
I remember this site being famous and quite recommended a long time ago, but now I can't find anything on it.

Besides nyaa and sen, are there any other good raw sites?
Sen had awful quality for some series I checked.
>>
>>154321891
hey thanks anon

I'm currently doing this for anime, do you think I should switch?
>>
People always recommend Yotsubato for beginners, and I don't think it's a bad recommendation, but I genuinely found Watamote to be easier.

Easier even than things aimed at actual children like Chibi-Maruko.
>>
>>154322016
Not him, but my suggestion:

- Learn the alphabets (seems you've already have)
- Learn the grammar, focus on this and only this until you have a solid understanding of it. Watching anime and trying to listen/compare the subs also helps.
- Get an OCR like KanjiTomo.
- Download raw manga, mouseover unknown kanji, learn what it means, proceed to read stuff

The most important of doing this is that you'll be able to understand stuff from the get-go so it'll be more enjoyable and feel less like a chore. You just won't know many words until you read a fucklot, but that's what the OCR is there for, and after reading a lot you'll start to rely less and less on dic/OCR and will just need more vocab, which you can get from reading more.

Also, learn how to use SKIP codes to search for kanji in case the OCR fails (happens sometimes).
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.