[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this really the canon ending? This happy wuv married shit?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4

File: Future Gospel.jpg (226KB, 900x580px) Image search: [Google]
Future Gospel.jpg
226KB, 900x580px
Is this really the canon ending? This happy wuv married shit?
This is iust a alternate timeline right? Not really the true epilogue of the series
>>
>>154305155
Not edgy enough for you?
>>
Why did this get 8 movies?
>>
>>154305155
Guy literally survived 10x dose of marijuana only to get raped by his waifu
>>
>>154305155
>the series was dark so it can't have a happy ending!
Fuck off, bet you got into Type-Moon via Fate/Zero.
>>
>>154307346
Not him, but in his defense the vast majority of the current fanbase did. The rest got in through FSN (not much better) and the Deen anime.
Only a miniscule minority were introduced through Tsukihime, even less through Kara no Kyokai and no one at all through Angel Notes.
>>
>tfw too dumb to understand Kara no Kyokai
>>
>>154306650
Because Type Moon is popular.
>>
>>154305273
>marrying a serial killer
>not edgy
>>
>>154305155
imo fate could use some more "happy wuv married shit"

poor medea
>>
>>154308417
She literally didn't kill a single regular human.
>>
>>154308417

But Shiki she only killed once. SHIKI on the other hand, is the serial killer.
>>
>>154305155
Why didn't the dirty red duo get a happy ending together?

>>154308417
Spree killer.
>>
>>154308298
Stay Night is surprisingly optimistic, even as it's telling us that Shirou well probably be dead within a decade.
>>
>>154308465
No he isn't
>>
Ending it on the OVA where they discuss the metaphysical and SHIKI was loads better.

This is just fanfiction
>>
>>154305155
It was cute. Kokuto and Shiki make a boring couple though.

>>154308358
It isn't that deep anyways.

>>154308417
She only killed marihuana man and zombie lord.

>>154308455
>>154308465
I always thought it was bullshit how they tried to gloss over the fact that she already killed someone before Lio. Made the whole drama of the 7th movie kinda dull.

> boohooo I've never killed anyone
> except that zombie guy that kept fucking with me but that doesn't count
>>
>>154310495
Because it's not about killing people, it's about killing someone far below her.
>>
>>154305155
>>154310376
As a quick question why is it so wrong that two characters get married and have a child? I'm not big into the series but they are dating before it ends. What's bad about taking that to it's logical conclusion?
>>
>>154310547
>Because it's not about killing people
Nah, Lio explicitly said killing Araya doesn't count as murder because he was an inhuman abomination. It's still a kill, which is why I thought it was bullshit.
>>
Why they don't have nose?
>>
>>154308358
I remember thinking it was deep and complicated as a teenager. I know now that it isn't, but it's still one of my all-time favourites.
>>
>>154310566
>I'm not big into the series but they are dating before it ends
They officially get together after the 7th movie. Everything before that is Shiki getting salivaraped and Mikiya just... being there.
>>
>>154310669
Explain for me, then: Mystic Eyes and its connection to the Origin; the exploration of physical bodies and vessels; the very nature of magic in KnK; the whole notion of Taijitu in relation to reality; Lio's transformation being attributed to reincarnation; and the whole internal conflict of Shiki/Lio in terms of free will vs. destiny.
>>
>>154310628
But the important distinction is between killing and murder, now the thing you could argue is whether or not Lio is too an inhuman monster and thus deserving of killing.

That's kinda what I mean when I say beneath her, Shiki considers her and Ararya similar as both monsters, she thought Fujino was like that too and so ready to kill her.
>>
>>154305155
Wait up till now I thought the two series were separate from each other. The two shiki's met?
>>
>>154310751
>Mystic Eyes and its connection to the Origin
This was already explained in the second movie.

>the exploration of physical bodies and vessels;
> the very nature of magic in KnK
> the whole notion of Taijitu in relation to reality
This is also explained, and also explored in other Type-Moon stories. If you want to dive more into the whole magus universe, read something like Fate or Tsukihime.

>Lio's transformation being attributed to reincarnation
>and the whole internal conflict of Shiki/Lio in terms of free will vs. destiny.
I don't remember any of these things even being brought up (Lio's transformation is probably part of his obsession with Shiki and half Souren messing with his origin).

A story doesn't have to be complicated in order to be good. On the contrary, works that get the message across in a simple and effective way are much better.
>>
>>154310859
No, the dude on the right is a french poet and not-Shiki.
Just watch KnK man, how do you know Tsukihime and haven't done that yet.
>>
>>154310891
Not him but do you really not remember the entirety of Lio's character?
Sounds like you've just forgotten about the story and convinced yourself that "it wasn't that deep".
People like to downplay KnK's writing because "lol Nasu was in high school" and "chuunishit", but it has very solid characters and well explored themes. You complain that it's "not deep and complicated", but there's a lot more to be said about it than most anime movies.
>>
>>154310832
IIRC Shiki only mentioned having a distinction between slaughter and murder. She explained this in the 5th movie. She definitely killed Souren but as I said, Lio discarded him because he was no longer human at the time of his death.

>now the thing you could argue is whether or not Lio is too an inhuman monster and thus deserving of killing.
Shiki's conflict was about her entire life as a killer being a lie after Lio confessed doing the murders that drove SHIKI crazy. After that she angsts about not being a real killer and never killing anyone... except she already did and it apparently doesn't count because Souren was a zombie and had already lost his humanity. Lio was arguably on the same terms (he wasn't a undead monster but being a cannibalistic drug freak is very close), so it makes the whole drama kinda dull.
>>
>>154310751
>Mystic Eyes and its connection to the Origin
Her extraneous personality from the epilogue is an embodiment of the root cultivated through her family's selective breeding. Its nature is what allows her to see and influence the way things connect to their origin, which in nasuverse is what makes them exist.

It apes platonic metaphysics and wraps them in a buddhist aesthetic.

>the exploration of physical bodies and vessels
You'll have to explain what exactly you're asking here but the metaphyscal aspects of mind/spirit/body are all just drawing from Cartesian Dualism and a one-off reference to Freud that's never really used or brought up again.

>The very nature of magic in KnK
It's never particularly important to KnK. Magic is just there as a story facilitator, its mechanics are expanded in other nasuverse works where it's actually relevant.

>the whole notion of Taijitu in relation to reality
It's a buddhist symbol applied literally. It represents the way to the origin by conflating buddhist spiritual enlightenment (nirvana) with Plato's transcendence to the realm of forms. Like I said before, it's just an awkward merger of buddhist aesthetic and platonic ideas.

>Lio's transformation being attributed to reincarnation
It was attributed to his origin. Origins persist. They are eternal, immutable. Many things can trace themselves back to a common origin. When Lio's origin was awakened, so was his connection to the things that shared his origin.

>the whole internal conflict of Shiki/Lio in terms of free will vs. destiny.
You answered your questions here already.
Shiki's conflict was about resisting what she believed to be her nature and Lio represented what the failure of that might look like.

And no, none of that is deep. The characters were pretty well done though some of the themes (like Shiki thinking that killing is part of her nature because of obtuse metaphysics and angsting over it) are a little silly and melodramatic.
>>
>>154311135
>It apes platonic metaphysics and wraps them in a buddhist aesthetic.
If not Buddhist, is at least Taoistic in its idea of inscrutable forces and melding together of opposites.
>>
>>154311042
>People like to downplay KnK's writing because "lol Nasu was in high school" and "chuunishit", but it has very solid characters and well explored themes.
> You complain that it's "not deep and complicated",
No need to be this mad, no one is complaining about those things in the first place. As I said, a work doesn't need to be deep or complicated to be good. KnK is still a pretty good series but it isn't very deep, and that's completely fine because the message was good in itself.
>>
I liked Azaka more than Ryougi and wanted Shiki to have his way with her.
>>
>>154311252
What do you consider a "deep" anime?
>>
>>154311307
Fate/Zero.
>>
>>154311324
2/10
>>
>>154311217
desu all eastern mysticism just kinda blurs together to me.

The point is that it's just taking a bunch of random ideas and throwing them together in some kind of hotpot of pseudophilosphical mysticism. It doesn't really create any meaning by doing this, it just makes a cool aesthetic to run in contrast to the gritty urban landscape as a backdrop to the story of an edgy teenager's identity issues.
>>
>>154307232
>look Shiki, I had this many marijuanas

Nigga also tripped out on some roided LSD and just stood there feeling sick instead of tripping out. Why the fuck did he do that anyway?
>>
>>154311370
I'll have to disagree with that assessment - KnK as a whole has an underlying tale about the relationship between mind, body, and soul. http://pastebin.com/jK36rDbV
>>
>>154311370
>it just makes a cool aesthetic to run in contrast to the gritty urban landscape as a backdrop to the story of an edgy teenager's identity issues.
This, actually. The whole point of the mysticism was to give the story its supernatural aspect, but the real issue was Shiki thinking that she has to fit in a role she doesn't like, later accepting that she isn't bound to be anything she doesn't want to be, and finally moving on from her edge phase and have a life.

The apartment complex with a bunch of zombies was really cool though.
>>
>>154311466
>more than half the total wordcount is summary
3/10, that shit doesn't fly outside of highschool.

And like I said, the way it handles the relationship between mind and body (or soul) isn't particularly interesting because it's just cartesian dualism taken a little too literally. It's just there to give the reader the illusion that Shiki has less free will than she actually has, which is a cheap way for a fantasy writer to conceal their hand.
>>
>>154305155
I need to rewatch this, first time I watched it I didn't even know Nasu made this. It was a little boring but now that I know the world better it might be more entertaining this time around.
>>
>>154306650
Because you cunts kept watching.
>>
>>154308298
>got into it through Melty Blood
d-do I count as the coolest kid on the block or the most pitiful one?
>>
>>154311654
One of the coolest desu, as long as you don't play Grand Order.
>>
File: 両儀式(剣).jpg (97KB, 976x1199px) Image search: [Google]
両儀式(剣).jpg
97KB, 976x1199px
>>154305155
>>154310376
Leave shiki out of your messed up crap, she deserves to be happy.
>>
>>154311257

>not Fujino

shit taste desu senpai
>>
File: thumb-1920-234262.jpg (1MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
thumb-1920-234262.jpg
1MB, 1920x1200px
>>154305155
i liked this and don't care about your opinion
>>
>>154310751
Is stuff like that your definition of depth?
>>
>>154315149
Depth = complexity or obscurity, as of a subject: "a question of great depth".

What is your definition of depth?
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.