[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Most cringeworthy shit I have seen in my life desu lads

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 10

File: image.jpg (63KB, 286x400px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
63KB, 286x400px
Most cringeworthy shit I have seen in my life desu lads
>>
Maybe because your adolescence was as cringworthy as the show is trying to express.
>>
>>154268350
Nah it's because le randumb shit is cancer
>>
I liked it when I was a kid but I'd rather not watch it again today because of how dumb and random it is. Definitely not a show I'd watch with others.
>>
File: 43548.jpg (20KB, 278x182px) Image search: [Google]
43548.jpg
20KB, 278x182px
>>154268248
i tried to watch this sometime ago. dropped it at ep. 2 because i couldnt stand the "randomness". does it get better?
>>
>random
try harder, FLCL's symbolism was so basic I understood everything when I was 13
>>
File: ClMmOZeUgAAT6cQ.jpg (85KB, 603x603px) Image search: [Google]
ClMmOZeUgAAT6cQ.jpg
85KB, 603x603px
>>154269730
>flcl
>symbolism
>>
>>154268724
>things I don't like are "le random"
Keep telling yourself that.
>>
its a "love it or hate it" anime.
>>
Would it be bad to say I stuck around only for the soundtrack?
>>
>>154272376
nah, the soundtrack is GOAT and along with the visuals really carries the show
I liked some of the characters but a lot of them were obnoxious in one way or another, but the soundtrack and animation kept me watching
>>
File: FLCL5.jpg (18KB, 620x465px) Image search: [Google]
FLCL5.jpg
18KB, 620x465px
Only dudes with small dicks hate FLCL due to the not-so-subtle implications.
>>
File: flcl_amarao0049.jpg (24KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
flcl_amarao0049.jpg
24KB, 720x480px
>>154274160
>>
>>154269783
It is there lol
>>
File: flcl promo better.jpg (691KB, 1600x1976px) Image search: [Google]
flcl promo better.jpg
691KB, 1600x1976px
I don't trust anyone who dislikes FLCL. You would have to have no heart. It's romance done right. It's life
>>
>>154269783
If you can't recognize a symbolic coming of age story this fucking blatant you may be actually brain damaged.
>>
>>154268248
Thanks for letting us know you have god awful taste OP. You may resume sucking off dicks.
>>
>>154275326
It's not a coming of age story though. It's about understanding what maturity is. Both deal with adolescence as a central backdrop, but they're different.
>>
>>154277066
>It's not a coming of age story though. It's about understanding what maturity is.

It's not ice, it's just frozen water.
>>
File: 1487904441879.jpg (46KB, 540x508px) Image search: [Google]
1487904441879.jpg
46KB, 540x508px
>>154269008
This is kind of how I feel.
Back when it aired I was going through my middle school weeb phase and fucking loved it. I still like it but that last time I tried to watch it I had to stop less than halfway through.
There are points where it's just random, not even referencing something, just plain randomness.
>>
>>154277162
The story is about Naota changing his perceptions on what it is to take responsibility and "be an adult" instead of just acting mature. It's not coming of age because his transition out of childhood was his brother leaving, and that was before the start of the series.
>>
>>154277240
>I didn't get the reference therefore it's random

Kek
>>
>>154277379
Coming of age stories also include adolescence, it isn't just about transitioning out of childhood. FLCL was about him transitioning out of childhood into adolescence and a big part of the story was about how he (and Ninamori) were trying to skip adolescence and go straight from childhood into adulthood.
>>
>>154277240
>I didn't catch references in this foreign show built upon foreign pop-culture that's now almost two decades old.
>Therefore, those references don't exist and those segments are randumb noise.

Tell us more, anon.
>>
>>154277382
That's kind of how it goes though.
If I make my own anime full of references from pop culture that the majority won't get, then it won't take off and people will just think that it's weird.
It's like inside jokes amongst groups of friends that cause them to laugh and snicker every time someone briefly mentions it. No one else finds them funny, they're just annoying.
>>
>>154277563
read >>154277531

You simply were not the target audience for said references. Just because it seems random to you doesn't mean it was random to the majority of its intended audience.
>>
File: gEOKk0P.jpg (65KB, 810x780px) Image search: [Google]
gEOKk0P.jpg
65KB, 810x780px
>>154277531
You tell me?
How the fuck does it work?
I enjoyed it was I was 13 years old but I'm not fond of it now when I'm 28. I sure as hell didn't get the random references back then but somehow now that I get them it just doesn't set right with me.
Don't get me wrong, it's still enjoyable but it can be a little "abrasive" like a pretty girl with a terrible laugh.
>>
>>154277509
Except the "transitioning out of childhood" part didn't happen in the show. You can't not have one of the major elements in a coming of age story and still call it a coming of age story.

The focus isn't on his transition through those times, it's about his understanding of what adulthood is and the action you have to undertake when shouldering your own responsibilities (i.e. swinging the bat). They're similar, but not the same.
>>
>>154277750
>Things that seemed random to you at 13 are now clear to you now

It's the same concept. The 'random noise' that you still can't decipher are still references, you just don't have the prerequisite knowledge to understand them - just like the ones you couldn't get 15 years ago. Just because you, someone in a foreign country who wasn't the target audience, can't understand them doesn't mean they don't exist.

How is this hard for you to understand?
>>
>>154277816
He was a child pretending to be an adult at the start of the show. By the end, he's grown from childhood into adolescence which is why he's able to confess his feelings to Haruko.
>>
>>154278088
His 'coming of age' happened before the show started, when his brother left and he thought that he needed to take his place (and thus act 'like an adult'). If this crux was included in the actual show instead of being part of the backstory, it would be a coming of age show.

But it wasn't, so it's not.
>>
>>154278205
You're retarded and don't get it. His brother leaving was a major change in his life but he was still a child by the time FLCL starts so his personal growth happens over the course of the series which makes it a coming of age story.

Just accept that you're wrong, everyone else recognizes FLCL as a coming-of-age story for a reason.
>>
File: 02 - Fire Starter.webm (449KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
02 - Fire Starter.webm
449KB, 960x720px
OFFICIAL TOP 10 FLCL SONGS
( DON'T BOTHER ARGUING )

1.Hybrid Rainbow
2.White Ash
3. Little Busters
4. Instant Music
5. One Life
6. Last Dinosaur
7. Ride on Shooting Star
8. Bran-new Lovesong
9. Blues Drive Monster
10. Runners High
>>
>>154278301
Except it's fucking not, and getting pissy because you can't come up with something other than "everyone else thinks it so it's true!!!!" won't change it. Naota had already started on the road to maturity when the series began, and what happens over the course of the show is his change of perspective and realization of what he's doing wrong - going from acting mature to being mature.

It's not coming of age because they don't fucking cover the event that made him want to grow up in the first place. Coming of age stories don't start in the middle of the process.
>>
>>154278548
You can enjoy believing you're right while I enjoy actually being right.
>>
>>154278530
>no crazy sunshine
>no happy bivouac
it's shit
>>
>>154278599
Is that really the response you're happy with while discussing a story concerned with adulthood and personal responsibility?
>>
>>154278727
I've already made my point and I'm arguing with the one person in the world who thinks FLCL isn't a coming-of-age story for an arbitrary reason.
>>
>>154278855
It's not really an arbitrary reason. Things that are about maturity aren't necessarily coming of age, and you shouldn't get super mad because it isn't. It's still good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foulx-DTsrc Try watching this, anon.
>>
>>154279119
It is an arbitrary reason because with that reasoning, a ton of literature traditionally known as coming-of-age wouldn't actually be coming-of-age since the narrator recalls events that happen before the chronological present of when the story starts. Which is why you're just plain wrong.
>>
>>154279530
Do you know what nuance is? The thing that makes it not coming of age isn't that there's a backstory, it's the fact that a major crux in coming of age stories is PART of the backstory. A story about someone becoming a parent wouldn't start when the kid is already two years old. A coming of age story doesn't start after the subject has already passed significant milestones in their development through adolescence.
>>
>>154279795
If you're looking for the major crux of the story that actually sets Naota on his path towards personal growth, it's his first meeting with Haruko, not his brother leaving.
>>
>>154268248
>talking about cringe
>using "desu"
>using "lads"
do you even?
>>
>>154268248
Too bad. It's getting 2 more seasons.
>>
>>154279955
Exactly.

His brother leaving was the reason Naota decided that he wants to act like he thinks adults do, and therefore start maturing (a major crux in coming of age stories). Haruko puts him on the path of realizing what adulthood and maturity actually is - which is why it's a story about that, and not him generally coming of age.
>>
>>154280233
Well then Professor, I guess The Cather in the Rye isn't a coming-of-age story because Holden glosses over his expulsion from school instead of detailing what happened to him that lead up to expulsion and the details of the expulsion itself. Guess everyone you should tell everyone that The Catcher in the Rye isn't really a coming-of-age story, just a story about maturity!
>>
>>154280487
It's a matter of focus, dude. Look at the events.

>A. Brother leaving, the start of Naota's path to maturity
>B. Haruko arrives, the start of Naota understanding maturity and changing his perspective on adulthood

A is part of the background, B is the first major event in the first episode, and the main focus of the series.

I don't get why you're so obsessive about it being a coming of age. You know stories can still be good if they're not coming of age? Stories about maturity and adolescence CAN be something other than coming of age stories? Just because you thought it was before and a lot of people think it is, doesn't mean it's true. It also doesn't mean you have to freak out about being wrong.
>>
>>154268724
>>154269008
>>154269364
Everyone in /a/ is an insecure high school student.
>>
>>154280689
Answer me this: Is The Catcher in the Rye a coming of age story despite the major event in the narrator's life which leads to major changes and personal growth being mentioned only in passing?
>>
Childhood is idolizing Haruko. Adulthood is realizing Ninamori makes more sense.
>>
>>154268248
I liked it.
>>
>>154280880
Catcher in the Rye is a coming of age story because it deals with the aftermath and effects of that major crux, and not some period of time afterwards where Holden fully conceptualizes his perception of adulthood (Which is what Naota does by the end of FLCL)

Holden's reaction to his expulsion and the events in the city was his 'major change' and personal growth. That part IS the book's storyline. It is not in FLCL. If Catcher in the Rye was about Holden in California after he's released from the institution, would it still be coming of age?
>>
>>154281408
Nice mental gymnastics.

>Do you know what nuance is? The thing that makes it not coming of age isn't that there's a backstory, it's the fact that a major crux in coming of age stories is PART of the backstory. A story about someone becoming a parent wouldn't start when the kid is already two years old. A coming of age story doesn't start after the subject has already passed significant milestones in their development through adolescence.

At least try to stay consistent.
>>
>>154281648
The major crux is the character's development, nimrod. The circumstances of what makes holden and naota mature are literary noise, but their development isn't. FLCL isn't a coming of age because that development has already happened
>>
File: amaro.jpg (40KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
amaro.jpg
40KB, 1280x960px
>>154281781
>FLCL isn't a coming of age because that development has already happened

But you're wrong because because the start of his development into a more mature state begins with Haruko. He's a kid wearing an adult mask at the beginning of FLCL. Haruko is what leads him to change. Without Haruko, he'd end up like Amaro. Haruko is his starting point. The death of his brother doesn't kick off his maturity, it just leads to Naota becoming a replacement for his brother instead of his own man. In short, it's a coming-of-age story.
>>
>>154282056
Correction:
>The departure of his brother*
>>
>>154268248
At least is better than kyoani shows
>>
>>154278530
>OFFICIAL TOP 10 FLCL SONGS
>( DON'T BOTHER ARGUING )
Don't bother trying to rank it or split it. Every single song is perfection. Name a bad song on the FLCL soundtrack. You can't.
>>
>>154268248

I love spot the newfag theads
>>
>>154278530
>no Funny Bunny
end your life
>>
>>154280048
I know right? I was thinking the same thing
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.