[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I the only one who thinks that this One Piece is boring as fuck?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 1

File: OnePiece.jpg (272KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
OnePiece.jpg
272KB, 1200x630px
Am I the only one who thinks that this One Piece is boring as fuck?
>>
Maybe.
>>
>>154263458
>>154263485
/thread
>>
>>154263292
it has cheap emotion

there must be a sob story each arc, sometimes even another sob story miniarc within that arc
>>
>>154263292

I unironically think so too.
>>
>>154263292
No but you're in the extreme minority considering the show's unprecedented popularity.
>>
>>154264539
There are more people on earth that don't watch or read One Piece than there are that do.
>>
>>154264601
People who don't know about it can't hold opinions on it.
>>
Yea it's been going on too long and is played out

Hxh is still interesting but way less chapters

He's done too many so shit is repetitive by now
>>
>>154263292
It seems interesting and I like the characters and premise but FUCK no one on earth has time to catch up with that shit.

There's like 8000 chapters and half as many episodes.

Fuck man, just take a few years off writing so we can all catch up.
>>
Yeah yeah, out of 7 billion people in this world you're the only one. Congrats for being original.
>>
>>154264671
Or you could just read at your own pace because it's not speed-reading competition.
>>
>>154264693
And die before ever finishing?

Plus, have you ever read/watched something cool as fuck 10 years after it was popular? There's no one to talk about it with and when they do the response is some variation of, "Yeah, that was pretty cool," or if it's still going, "Wait till X happens."
>>
>>154263292
It drags on too long, and the plot gets repetitive.

HURR COUNTRY HAS DARK SECRET
HURR SOME FUCKING PRINCESS(WHY ARE THEY NEVER CALLED QUEEN IF THEIR MOMS ARE DEAD?)
HURR LUFFY GOTTA SAVE THE DAY
HURR STRAWHATS GIVING A FUCK ABOUT PEOPLE'S PROBLEMS
>>
>>154264722
Do you have cancer or something? You could catch up easily in a couple of months.
Just remember to read the manga and stay away from the anime, they give absolutely zero fucks about quality because they know it will sell no matter what.
>>154264748
>WHY ARE THEY NEVER CALLED QUEEN IF THEIR MOMS ARE DEAD?
Because they didn't marry their fathers.
>>
CAPS LOCK: the manga

Also, the exaggerated retard faces of them screaming/crying/etc is annoying
>>
>>154264774
One Piece is most horrible world out of the three main shonen series, seriously the Gorosei are the most evil pieces of shit in recent shonen history.
>>
>>154264881
They're just doing their jobs though, it's the Tenryuubito who are horrible.
>>
>>154264900
>Defending the jews
>>
>>154264922
But the Tenryuubito are the evil elite who own everything, the Gorosei are just five public officials who are trying to keep shit running to please their masters who live in the Holy Land. Sakazuki even called them out on being bitches for the Tenryuubito.
>>
>>154264900
Celestial Dragons are the children of Gorosei dumbass.
>>
>>154264722
dude I reread all of one piece in like two weeks last summer
>>
>>154263292
No. And I used to be a OnePiecetard who can name every single fucking character.
>>
>>154264968
The Tenryuubito are the descendants of the 19/20 royal families that founded the World Government, excluding the Nefertaris.
>>
>>154264900

Their job is serving the Tenryubitto...

Also, Momo had to eat his dad right? Luffy was kind of a douche to tell him to man up. When he lost his brother he was way more affected by it than Momo was.
>>
>>154263292
It's a shitty arc formula, shit characters and you don't need to care about nakama if no one dies.
>>
with that pace how can it not be boring?

the anime could've fixed the pacing but no they made it worse and with complete shit animation
>>
The adventure feeling is very good, when they are discovering each country/island, I love those parts, and I love the humor too.

When they start fighting, except some short fight, became pretty boring, and besides Oda likes to extend the parts with the fights to the maximum.

It's a good adventure shonen but not a good battle shonen.
>>
>>154265021
>I only care about people if they die!
That's kind of weird, anon.
>>
>>154263292

You just didn't get the plot

>>154252843
>>
>>154264990
Why does the Gorosei even listen to the Tenryubito in the first place?

>Lol you have to listen to us because we put you in this position due to muh bloodline

Suprised Gorosei hasnt tried to eradicate the Tenryubito I mean the World fucking Government you would think they are too psychopathic to like the idea of obeying anyone.
>>
>>154265065

I believe the Gorosei are tenryuubito
>>
>>154265039
> and besides Oda likes to extend the parts with the fights to the maximum.
Last fights we've had were off-screened though, it's been a while since we've had one.
Dressrosa was a fucking drag in that regard though, that whole arc happened in one day and it's like a tenth of the whole series.
>>154265065
CP0 exists, so there's the threat of getting killed if they step out of line.
>>
>>154265084
Yh and they could veto the Admirals to blow CP0 the fuck up.
>>
>>154265046
You are only able to care about what you can lose.

Finitude is what give value and meaning to things.
>>
>>154265082
But they breathe the same air as commoners, doesn't make sense.
>>154265146
But why would the admirals rebel against the status quo?
>>
>>154265174
Akainu already wants to murder the Tenryubito and so does Aokiji.
>>
>>154265262
Kuzan isn't an admiral anymore and I don't ever recall Sakazuki saying he wanted to murder them.
>>
>>154264998
>Momo had to eat his dad

What? When was this stated?
>>
>>154265301
Its obvious Akainu gets mad at the idea of even serving them though.
>>
>>154265339
But he's a marine, and a pretty dedicated one.
>>
>>154265334

Zou but don't remember if it was a play on word with Oden or if he had to eat him in a soup.
>>
>>154265355
Hes only a marine because he is piratist.
>>
>>154265420
He sure likes killing both civilians and deserters as well.
>>
>>154265334
>>154265410

I don't think he actually ate him but there was a very strong implication of cannibalism involved since Kaidou made a pun about boiling Oden and Kinemon and Momo had lots of reservations with eating any food that was served to them.
>>
>>154265065
they probably have some secret hold on the gorosei related to the forgotten century
>>
>>154263292
Yes you are the only one.
>>
>>154263292
I hate it as well
>>
>>154263292
>Before timeskip > good
>After timeskip>shit

Onepiece in nutshell
>>
>>154263292
Currently, yes. It's boring.
>>
>>154263292
Still enjoy story

But hate Current Oda artstyle so much

>Superdetail + cartoonny art = SHIT

I miss his old artstyle (Skypiea arc) :(
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.