[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the most bullshit or convoluted shonen power?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 7

File: hisoka teardrop (1).jpg (58KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
hisoka teardrop (1).jpg
58KB, 1280x720px
What's the most bullshit or convoluted shonen power?

Pic semi related
>>
>>154262449
It's been a while since I last read HxH. I remember last time I read it that he was fighting some pretty boy in a tower. Can you explain what this harlequin's(?) powers were?
>>
>>154262502
Ill explained. The powers of RUBBER AND GUM but also apparently the ability to use nen after death
>>
>>154262449
OH MY RUBBER AND GUM
>>
>>154262502
His nen has the properties of both rubber X and X gum
>>
>>154262613
I didnt read teh mango i just watchd the animu but if feels r strnk cant nein persist aftr dth liek wit neferpitou
>>
File: jojokingohno.png (143KB, 254x369px) Image search: [Google]
jojokingohno.png
143KB, 254x369px
>>154262449
-Gold Experience Requiem
-King Crimson(its really not that hard but hee hee ecsdee "it just works!!!!")
-Made in Heaven

The list goes on for JoJo.
>>
>>154262613
nen getting stronger after death was an universal thing
>>
>>154262449
I personally think that his power is pretty cool. Recent asspull aside, he makes some weak-ass superpower to look like a demigod-tier one.
>>
>>154262714
Can I get a quick rundown on these powers?
>>
File: jojotimetoHEAVEN.gif (179KB, 600x500px) Image search: [Google]
jojotimetoHEAVEN.gif
179KB, 600x500px
>>154262853
Gold Experience Requiem- Literally one of the most broken disgusting powers, not just of JoJo but of a good chunk of fiction, It becomes completely sentient and acts of its own volition, and has the power to set anything to zero, sorta, keeps the cause of something but deletes the effect, it seems to have no concept of range as, as long as it knows of your existence it can reach you, as shown when it reaches part 5's villain while he has King crimson active, which puts him outside of reality for a brief period.

King Crimson and its substand, epitaph-This needed GER to beat as shown above, epitaph is simple, it allows the user to see ten seconds into his future, King crimson can then activates. this basically puts the user into what i like to call windows movie maker mode, everyone unconsciously acts out their next 10 seconds as they were fated to. the user is free to move around in this time and observe all incoming actions, however he can completely erase certain things if he desires, like maybe a bullet hitting him.

i really can't be assed to go into made in heaven, its fucking nuts. will just chalk that one up to infinite speed to the point you can reset the universe.
>>
>>154262502
The power of Plot Armor and Asspull.
>>
>>154262714
Add Heavy Weather, Sky High, Underworld, Dragon's Dream and Yo-Yo Ma to that list. Stone Ocean was truly the pinnacle of JoJo's bullshit and I love it.
>>
>>154263210
Why did you bother explaining King Crimson in such a drawn out way when you only need 3 words?
>>
>>154263210
doesn't made in heaven just accelerate the speed of time on a universal scale for everything except living beings (excluding the stand user) until you reach the point where the big bang happens all over again, at which point the stand user becomes god and can design the new universe to fit his will?
>>
File: JOYLNECAEK.png (648KB, 540x699px) Image search: [Google]
JOYLNECAEK.png
648KB, 540x699px
>>154263315
thank god others love part 6, truely best and most underrated part, i just wanted to shove in some of the y'know biggest spooky ones, i did say the list goes on, jojo is filled with disgusting powers
>>
File: IMG_4143.jpg (88KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4143.jpg
88KB, 1280x720px
King Crimson
>>
>>154262449

Seiya
>>
>>154263340
no he cant just design the new universe, it something about those already dead can't come to the new universe or something, but when emporio kills him the universe resets right. but all the characters are back but without memory and slightly different names and life events, this is because they could sudo come back on the 2nd reset because it would be a world without pucci, this means all his influences would be gone so while they cant bring back the same beings that died in the original universe they are replaced with what are essentially replicas
i think
>>
>>154262853
>>154263210
>>154263340
If you want a explanation of Made In Heaven and Part 6's ending, here's a pretty good one:https://www.reddit.com/r/StardustCrusaders/comments/50ppxy/part_6s_ending_may_be_happier_than_you_think_and/

I know it's reddit but it's a good read and it explain everything perfectly.
>>
Super saiyan.
>>
I like powers that are seemingly mundane/overly specific in appearance but get broken once the user figures out how to use them properly.

Too bad there are so few examples of such powers in anime. I guess Doflamingo in One Piece is a good one.
>>
Both the abilities and the curse of Zeref (Fairy Tail antagonist) are incoherent; while we're at it, his personality is as well.

Zeref was claimed to be the strongest dark magician in existence, yet got defeated by another high-ranked dark mage, without too much effort.

At first, it was hinted that he is "slumbering", then the explanation of Zerefs weak state was changed to his emotional state: Zeref only gets strong when he forgets about the worth of human life.

Later on, he uses his full power, apparently without the need to change emotional states, but this time his power doesn't include Death Magic at all and instead revolves around close combat and generic shockwaves.
>>
Can Shiki kill servants?
>>
>>154263585
If you like that then you would like Green Day used by Ciocolatta.
>>
>>154263687
if they stand still
>>
Bungee gum is a vague ability that can counter anything with no restrictions and sacrifices.
>>
>>154262502
Texture manipulation and his nen is like bubblegum meaning it sticks to shit and is elastic meaning punching it is a waste of time. I would prefer if he had some hax involving cards for his Joker motif to make sense though.
>>
Everything in Blazblue
>>
>>154263680
Most Fairy Tail abilities are extremely hax in general.
>>
Jotaro somehow being able to stop time
>>
>>154263585
Fucking string theory.
>>
How is bungee gum convulted exactly ?
>>
>>154264375

Because the amount of things Hisoka accomplishes with just rubber and gum is ridiculous and includes defying death.

Therefore, his powers are a plot device at this point and have little to do with the technical description.
>>
>>154262502

He can conjure a sticky elastic substance from thin air and manipulate it's texture to whatever he wants, wherever he wants.
>>
>>154264413
>implying the power to stretch things doesn't include the power to stretch the limits of possibility
Can't wait for Luffy to awaken his Devil Fruit so he can pull that shit too.
>>
>>154264413
>Because the amount of things Hisoka accomplishes with just rubber and gum is ridiculous and includes defying death.
So it's convoluted because it's a versatile ability?
>>
>>154263777
Isn't Jojo full of stuff like that? Seemingly shitty powers that turn out to be really good?
>>
File: jojoICUP.png (359KB, 284x776px) Image search: [Google]
jojoICUP.png
359KB, 284x776px
>>154265091
theres more then afew that like quite crappy on the surface i guess, it can be deceptive due to the oddness of alot of the stands.seriously go read jojo if you haven't theres only 8 parts too catch up on :^)
>>
Answer-talker or whatever the fuck that ability was for Zatch Bell. What makes it truly worse is after Kiyomaru has his fight with Zeno he loses the ability. You didn't need some bullshit prediction ability, all you needed was to explain what people already know, that the MC is very smart and good at tactics. It's what the whole series has revolved around and then we get some magical power based around it.
>>
>>154264207
no

>>154264071
> I would prefer if he had some hax involving cards for his Joker motif
he has killed plenty of people with them and once appeared behind a revolving joker card. what more do you want?
>>
>>154266089
I agree with you but I think he mainly he lost because he was being anxious about everyday life with it. and I think its also somethingabout how he was in the beginning of the series before zatch he was an arrogant genius and a loner .I mean I get the idea behind it with the backstory of the first antagonist but it was too op since it could basically predict the future with no drawbacks
>>
File: 1483046954270.jpg (153KB, 600x1009px) Image search: [Google]
1483046954270.jpg
153KB, 600x1009px
>>154262714
BTD has so many god damn sub functions you could split it into three separate abilities all on its own.
>>
>>154266298
wait wut, I always regarded BtD has a relatively straight forward 3rd ability for KQ.
>>
>>154266358
It is on the surface. But it has so much extra that it gets really weird due to it revolving around things being destined to repeat because of fate.
>>
Anything related to the death gods in Naruto.
>>
>>154266358
I think he means the whole process of activating the ability
>latch onto civilian AND protect them
>blow up and reset
>blow up whoever got blown up from the first reset
>rinse and repeat
>>154266392
>>
>>154266298
Killer Queen is one of the most straightforwards stands there is though? It has three abilities. First ability makes anything into the "bomb" that has to be remote detonated by KQ. Second ability is Sheer Heart Attack, a heat seeking highly durable explosive.

BtD is the third ability that kills anyone who inquires about Kira's identity around the "bomb". Once it detonates it creates a loop and anyone killed in a previous loop is fated to die at the exact same time in any subsequent loops. It also protects the "bomb" from dying or self terminating.

Basically if BtD kills you once, you will always die unless you can get Kira to rescind the bomb prior to your fated death.

What is really confusing about BtD to you?
>>
>>154266451
it has a fourth ability too. to be a storage container
>>
I haven't watched Index, but from what I've read about Accelerator on /a/, he seems pretty fucking bullshit.
>>
>>154266486
Stray Cat was a weird addition.
>>
>>154266505
I was sadden when he lost the cute look.and it didn't feel like he still had the cat motif when it got fully grown. but lets not forget how all of sudden stray cat only has one move set
>>
>>154266451
For starters, the way to initially trigger the bomb is bizarre. From what we saw when he first got the power, Kira was able to rewind time despite hayato already being dead. Was that just the arrow giving him a freebie or does BTD have a different activation method on the first trigger? Not only that but Kira tried the same deal with the nurse, everyone already knew who Kira was so wouldn't that make the bomb a dud? Or does BTD only activate when Kira is in trouble but requires a second party to be the bomb's proxy?
>>
>>154266599
>For starters, the way to initially trigger the bomb is bizarre. From what we saw when he first got the power, Kira was able to rewind time despite hayato already being dead.
Like a lot of things I chalk that up to Araki not fully hammering out the ability. BtD should have protected Hayato from Kira like it did later on. It becomes more consistent in the next chapters. But it was weird that he killed Hayato that first loop.

> Not only that but Kira tried the same deal with the nurse, everyone already knew who Kira was so wouldn't that make the bomb a dud?
If I remember he hadn't actualy planted the bomb yet because KQ was still large and hovering over him. The whole "press the button" thing is confusing though, he acted like he has successfully activated BtD but the ability shown doesn't resemble BtD and only the first ability.

Could be that he was just delirius from blood loss at that point and thought he was doing what he needed to succeed.
>>
>>154266855
>Araki forgot again
But in all seriousness, it's pretty much fact that Araki makes it up as he goes along so BTD being inconsistent is probably due to that.
>>
>>154264515
It's more of an issue of narrative. When you stretch the versatility of an ability so far that it effectively becomes capable of doing anything, it stops being interesting and all tension is lost.
>>
Any Jojo
>>
>>154268036
You're talking as if Hisoka stopped time with it. What he did was a pretty cool plot twist, get over it
>>
>>154270868
>>154268036

but its not even a plot twist, it universal in story rule that nen get stronger when you die. and he basically put the ability on a trigger.
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.