[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do so few animes adapt their source material all the way through?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: Usagi_drop.jpg (97KB, 411x433px) Image search: [Google]
Usagi_drop.jpg
97KB, 411x433px
Why do so few animes adapt their source material all the way through?
>>
>>154249416
That was a good thing in this case
>>
>>154249416
Anime are often made to promote the source material at the beginning, and often highest, point of their popularity.

Animation is extremely expensive and continued popularity is needed or assured to continue an adaptation.

More Dragon Ball? Sure. More Spice and Wolf? Fuck no.
>>
I hate how I struggle to separate anime and manga. I can't even rewatch this show knowing Rin grows up and does this.
>>
>>154249610
It was pretty obvious the whole way through, doubly so if you know anything about the author at all.
>>
>>154249416
Sometimes the answer is in the question
>>
File: USAGI DROPPED.jpg (92KB, 800x1126px) Image search: [Google]
USAGI DROPPED.jpg
92KB, 800x1126px
>>154249416
Stupid teen and inexperienced Dad who couldn't say no.
>>
>>154253052
underrated this.
>>
>>154249416
I looked it up and didn't find that bullshit.
>>
>animes
>>
>>154249416
Anime is meant to market the source material.

While there are some exceptions, most anime is adapted from a currently running series.
>>
>>154249416
Even when the animation is popular enough to its own existence independent of its value as an advertising vehicle for the source material when they run up to the end of the published material the choices end up being to go for an anime original ending or find a convenient place to stop. After that, because of the difference in the amount of material covered in anime compared to the same amount of publishing time for manga, VNs, or light novels there's inevitably a large gap before another adaption can be feasibly made. In that time the studio may get busy with other projects, the franchise as a whole may wane in popularity somewhat, etc. Momentum is lost and has to be rebuilt if a new project is going to be started, so it usually only happens if the franchise is particularly popular.
>>
>>154249416
I love this manga simply because of how upset normalfags got. Shame about her being NBR.
>>
Really weird how triggered people get about this on here honestly.
Honestly baffling, it's just a fictional manga/anime it shouldn't offend anyone so much at all
>>
>>154249416
I read the last chapters, when's she's grown and i didn't see this.
And how bad can it be drawn, holy fuck!
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.