[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Durarara!!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 71772.jpg (49KB, 225x318px) Image search: [Google]
71772.jpg
49KB, 225x318px
so what did /a/ think of this?
I only watched the first season (so pls no spoilers) and I have no idea how they managed to have such a big cast of characters and still give them satisfying personalities, backstories and objectives, while still having an interesting plot
>>
It's simple, OP, later they didn't.
I frankly couldn't finish it past Part 2 of S2, and DRRR was one of my favourite fucking shows, since I'm a big /tg/-fag who loves shit like World of Darkness and Unknown Armies.
>>
>>154221947
Baccano was better.
>>
>>154221947
Do not, I repeat, DO NOT watch any further than S1.
There is a good reason why season 2 and 3 flopped like hell. I won't give you any spoilers but really, you'd rather ask people about what happened than endure that trainwreck
>>
>>154221947
The light novels are pretty fun all the way through. The anime adaptation is a different story, though. The first season is pretty good with superb world-building, atmosphere, fun characters and its formula for storytelling. The second season is significantly worse, since the production was rushed and the adaptation was compressed heavily. Where first season adapted three books into 24 episodes, the second one generally adapted three books into 12 episodes.
>>
>>154221947
>>154222025
Listen to this faggot and good luck NOT seeing Celty getting her head back
>>
>>154222067
>that was considered rushed
Jesus fuck.
It was not the pacing that irked me from S2. No, it was the overall stupidity of the plot that ruined the show for me.

Like, seriously, the show invested so much time and characterization of the highschool gang wars and made it all seem as if it is something that one can call a threat. Just call the police on them you fuckshits.
Not to mention how they think that some random website where people posts as an anon can be some super crime lounge. Jesus

Meanwhile, actual interesting characters like the immortal Shizuo, blade girl, Celty, that black guy, etc, were pushed out of the way
>>
>>154221947
the only problem of s2 was animation, don't listen to LN faggots
>>
>>154221947
i liked it :x
>>
>>154221947
>Oh it's the modern and boring version of Baccano!
No really, it's like the took Baccano and cranked up the boring factor to 11.
>>
>>154222548

I'm anime-only, and I enjoyed S2 up until the final third, which was a poorly-paced disaster that ultimately resulted in a simple return to the status quo.

>>154223966
Durarara had plenty of interesting characters. They just needed to bench Mikado and Masaomi in favor of the actual supernaturals/assassins/etc.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.