[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Miyazaki forced back into retirement by his producer; Shinkai

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 143
Thread images: 18

>Toshio Suzuki:
>"No, I mean...(laugh) OK, let me put it this way. He (Miyazaki) said he would not make any more and would retire. So even if he comes up with a new plan, he is still a retired man unless the film is actually made. That's what I am saying. I know I am making an unreasonable excuse. If he really starts working on production of his new film and finishes it, then we can say he is out of retirement. To tell the truth, we need a lot of staff to make a feature film. But he is working by himself now, though he needs at least 600 people. That's his concern. If we really decide to make a new film, I will announce it officially, of course. We just have not reached that point yet. So if you ask me 'Will you make it?' now, I have to deny it. Because honestly, I have nothing to announce (laugh)."

>he needs at least 600 people

Pack your bags everyone, Memazaki is finished.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2017/03/04/ghibli-producer-no-greenlight-for-miyazakis-new-feature-film-yet
>>
He`s probably coming back again in a few months. This old fuck doesn`t know when to stop
>>
It would probably be a good idea for him to not preemptively announce his return
>>
>>154206763

This thread is disgusting. I know a guy who is handicapped and it's very sad. You should be ashamed, OP.
>>
File: miyazaki.jpg (26KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
miyazaki.jpg
26KB, 400x225px
>mfw all he wanted to do is color some pictures

Please don't bully him.
>>
>>154207223
Yes, can a man not color his damn pictures in peace? Without getting harassed by otaku and pop culture?
>>
File: 1478977297857.jpg (51KB, 700x544px) Image search: [Google]
1478977297857.jpg
51KB, 700x544px
>>154206763
>he needs at least 600 people
Considering his fame, it's not unreasonable to say that he can gather volunteers triple that just by asking on twitter
He can even start a kickstarter and be funded in 2 hours

He just need a story
>>
>>154207394
>Miyazaki
>Twitter
>Kickstarter

He doesn't even have a computer or a cellphone, and most of his old employees have left to form their own company without his interference.

He's got nothing but an empty studio; investors won't even take him because they don't want to spend money on someone who will most likely die mid-production.
>>
>>154206763
>Shinkai savors his complete victory
Geez. All Shinkai did is get sales from pretty pics. Shit would be forgotten once technology made flawless screensavers a child's play. Not to mention that despite his sales, he still lacks any sort of fanatical cult

Miyazaki on the other is a massive cultural icon and will forever be
>>
File: 2253647.gif (641KB, 500x364px) Image search: [Google]
2253647.gif
641KB, 500x364px
>>154207508
>they don't want to spend money on someone who will most likely die mid-production

DELET THIS
>>
>>154207508
He can make a "Help Wanted" sign on his house and the media would do the rest of the work for him

Miyazaki is not a business guy but the world would always have an eye on him.

Oh, and it does not matter if he died mid production because his workers could always lie that he already lefty everything that has to be done. Old geezer is still a large money maker
>>
>>154207508
Living past 76 isn't exactly unheard of, you know.
>>
>>154206763
Don't bully Miyazaki. He's done nothing wrong.
>>
>>154206763
He should just admit that kimi no na wa deeply moved him.
>>
Hackazaki blown the fuck out by Shitkai
>>
>>154207679
>who is Satoshi Kon
I'm still waiting on Dreaming Machine.
It's never going to happen, is it?
>>
>>154207394
>volunteers triple that just by asking on twitter
Anon, this isn't how fucking production works, you don't just take whichever random volunteers read your twitter.
>>
>>154207926
It wouldn't be good without Kon, so I doubt it'll ever happen.
>>
>>154207679
>Oh, and it does not matter if he died mid production because his workers could always lie that he already lefty everything that has to be done.

Just like Kon's Dream Machine right? Oh wait.

>>154207730
Living is one thing, directing is another. Takahata finished Kaguya when he was 78, and it took him seven whole years of production. Miyazaki most likely won't officially start production until he's that age, since filling up 600 people with considerable talent like the old days of Ghibli is very tough regardless of your reputation, especially when most of those old employees have formed their own companies like Ponoc. Even if he does get all the money and resources, by the time he finishes he will be well over 80, because he himself has claimed making a movie at his age would take at least 5 years. Investors who are willing to take such a risk are unheard of. Don't forget that Takahata's biggest financier for Kaguya DIED before the movie was even finished.
>>
>>154207958
You get the point. And besides, it's not like there are professionals who would be willing to work for a living legend
>>
File: 975409387519.png (549KB, 976x795px) Image search: [Google]
975409387519.png
549KB, 976x795px
Miyazaki should just draw more manga, honestly. It's his best medium.
>>
>>154207980
The only way Miyazaki can make a movie at this point is if he's given a small staff and indie budget, like most older directors such as Jardowsky, but because the nature of his movies requires monstrous loads of people, it would be almost impossible.
>>
>>154208028
> You get the point
If the point is "he can magically get as many competent people as he needs whenever he wants because he's famous," no, I don't get it.

> there are professionals who would be willing to work for a living legend
Professionals require payment and open schedules. It takes time and effort to get this shit together, that's why studios exist instead of entire industries being made of freelancers collaborating on the fly. Right now he has none of it in place.
>>
File: 1483673871851.jpg (29KB, 542x421px) Image search: [Google]
1483673871851.jpg
29KB, 542x421px
>>154208100
Or just let Anno make a Nausicaa sequel, either way, I'm good.
>>
>>154208028
>>154208028
No, we dont get the point. He cant magically summon 600 people with full salaries because he made a few good movies. At this point im pretty sure you are baiting because even teenagers know you dont just "ask twitter" for employees.
>>
>>154208126
>>154208224
Well, he started his studio as a nobody from scratch. His current inventory says that he can do it all again in just a flick of a hand
>>
>>154208028
>And besides, it's not like there are professionals who would be willing to work for a living legend

People want to work with someone who gives them flexibility and lets them show off their personalities, like Yuasa. Miyazaki is an asshole with a reputation of erasing all personality from an animator's cuts and generally just abusing people. Why would his old employees even want to work for them when they're already successfully employed by others with more freedom and better benefits?

Professionalism cannot be ignored just because some old fart is famous.
>>
>>154208028
But for how long and for how much? It'd probably be hype for any young animator to work with a legend, but that shit isn't sustainable. Studios need literal stables for their animators, and I doubt even Miyazaki has the resources to house a full staff of key animators, in-betweeners, colorers, PAs, etc.
>>
>>154208224
>even teenagers know you dont just "ask twitter" for employees.
You've never tried looking for a job online, did you?
Yes you can gather employees just by asking on social media
>>
>>154208301
The way you talk it's like Miyazaki personally ruined your life. People would definitely be willing to work for Miyazaki, to deny that is an absolute joke.
>>
>>154208343
For a major motion picture worth millions of dollars? Wow, im signing up to be a PA for the next Star Wars right now!!
>>
>>154208331
>and I doubt even Miyazaki has the resources to house a full staff of key animators, in-betweeners, colorers, PAs, etc.
Do you not know this man's net worth? Anon what the fuck he has literally millions. He can do whatever the fuck he wants.
>>
>>154208280
>Well, he started his studio as a nobody from scratch.
>as a nobody
Yeah, man, Nausicaa and Lupin and Horus and Heidi and Anne were completely irrelevant anime that nobody cared about.

> His current inventory says that he can do it all again in just a flick of a hand
No, it fucking doesn't. You can't scrounge together a studio - particularly not one that literally wouldn't be planned to last past this next movie - "in just a flick of a hand", your past inventory doesn't change that.
>>
>>154207980
>Just like Kon's Dream Machine right? Oh wait.

That's because maruyama is a retard and is blocking it.
>>
>>154208301
People worked at Apple which has the single biggest asshole of a ceo, reputation for using child slaves, and literally the single most incompetent technological device ever.
>>
>mfw Anno receives Miyazaki at Khara and they delay Eva 4.0 again.
>>
>>154208280
>he started his studio as a nobody from scratch

Good joke, Miyazaki made Nausicaa with Topcraft, a well-established studio with a huge number of employees that existed long before Miyazaki even started directing. Miyazaki simply renamed Topcraft into Ghibli after the success of Nausicaa (and because Topcraft became bankrupt). Most of the Ghibli staff in his movies are all people who came straight from Topcraft.

Now all those employees, old and new, are gone. He has to start from zero.
>>
>>154208423
Apple isn't a movie production studio. You aren't wrong, but your comparison lacks any logic.
>>
>>154208280
>Well, he started his studio as a nobody from scratch.
Just stop posting.
>>
>>154208400
>Founded on June 15, 1985, the studio is headed by the directors Hayao Miyazaki and Isao Takahata and the producer Toshio Suzuki. Prior to the formation of the studio, Miyazaki and Takahata had already had long careers in Japanese film and television animation and had worked together on Hols: Prince of the Sun and Panda! Go, Panda!; and Suzuki was an editor at Tokuma Shoten's Animage manga magazine.

The studio was founded after the success of the 1984 film Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, written and directed by Miyazaki for Topcraft and distributed by Toei Company. The origins of the film lie in the first two volumes of a serialized manga written by Miyazaki for publication in Animage as a way of generating interest in an anime version.[5][6] Suzuki was part of the production team on the film and founded Studio Ghibli with Miyazaki, who also invited Takahata to join the new studio.

It topok only 3 people and a successful movei to build Ghibli. He maybe a one man now but he is worth a hundred times now
>>
>>154208356
>People would definitely be willing to work for Miyazaki, to deny that is an absolute joke.

Sure, just ask Thomas Romaine.
>>
>>154208331
>>154208396
Not to mention John "I love Miyazaki" Lasseter and everyone else at Disney who respect him etc. He's literally an academy award winner. If you think he's going to have problems making a new film you're delusional.
>>
>>154208522
>[Topcraft] went bankrupt and dissolved in June 15, 1985 essentially splitting the studio in half, Hayao Miyazaki, Toshio Suzuki and Isao Takahata bought the studio when laying off most of its animation staff and changed its name to Studio Ghibli.
>>
>>154208560
Lasseter and Disney have no control over the Japanese animation market you deluded /co/ck sucker.
>>
>>154208470
>>154208509
>>154208584
Just buy a dying studio again, I suppose.
>>
>>154208522
See >>154208470

>>154208560
His producer is sitting there telling you that there is no staff, that the movie is not currently in production, and that they don't even know if they're going to make it because Miyazaki's trying to do shit alone. I don't see how "but he's an Acaemy award winner!" changes it; these are the actual facts.
>>
>>154207508
>they don't want to spend money on someone who will most likely die mid-production.
That's harsh.
>>
>>154208616
Control, no
Influence, yes
>>
>>154208646
Business is harsh. The movie industry is one such business.
>>
File: 60498519_p0.jpg (354KB, 1435x1300px) Image search: [Google]
60498519_p0.jpg
354KB, 1435x1300px
>>154206763
Shinkai only got the money.
The real winner here is Sunao Katabuchi with "Kono Sekai no Katasumi ni" which is a great movie, beyond pretty pictures.
>>
>>154208494
No, his comparison is fine, you're the one who's out of touch. Be it tech or arts, creative industries and well, industries in general overlaps even more than you think.
>>
>>154208656
No, they have no influence.
>>
>>154208703
Not that guy, but no, working for a company with a dick for a CEO (and bad business practices in China, as though that were relevant to you at all) is not the same thing as working on a movie with a dick for a director.
>>
>>154208642
>these are the actual facts.
What fucking facts? Just because something hasn't come into focus yet doesn't mean it won't happen, jesus christ.
All I'm saying is there's no shortage of money for it to not occur.
>>
>>154208560
>Francis Ford Coppola made the Godfather, one of the most influential movies in history, and won the Academy Award, he can make any movie he wants
>>
File: 1488631649922.png (763KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1488631649922.png
763KB, 800x800px
>>154206763
After Shinkai-dono singlehandedly BTFO all his recent movies (Arrietty, Poppin, Ponyo, The Wind Rises, etc.) with Kimi, I don't blame Memezaki to be extremely salty and desperately want to regain his rep.
>>
>>154208656
Influence means jack shit without money and resources being offered.

And in case you've never paid attention, other than Lasseter, Disney has undermined the western release of every Ghibli movie to date. They're not going to give money to a competitor again.
>>
File: 1467079282056.png (281KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1467079282056.png
281KB, 512x512px
>>154208780
>Poppin
>>
>>154208699
>Kono Sekai no Katasumi ni
I actually really want to hear Miyazaki's opinion on this film.
>>
Miyazaki has a networth of net worth of $50 million
Kyoani is worth $19 M

All this people who claims that Miyazaki cannot start another studio is a complete fucknut
>>
>>154208805
50 million wasn't even enough to fund Takahata's film.
>>
>>154208642
The guy is literally a millionaire with experience and fame
>>
>>154208703
The difference is in who's on the assembly line. The little children in Apple sweatshops aren't expected to bring a jot of creativity to soldering shit onto motherboards.
>>
File: lucas.jpg (14KB, 214x317px) Image search: [Google]
lucas.jpg
14KB, 214x317px
>being influential and famous and rich means investors will come flocking to you for movies

Hilarious.
>>
>>154208775
Miyazaki is literally revered in Japan, Tezuka levels revered.
I honestly don't see how anyone can think he would not be able to make a new film. Everyone here seems to think that he's some old homeless bum but he's worth more than you will probably ever make in life.
>>
>>154208757
The motivations behind them are different, but in the end those are things that does happen and will continue to. If you still want examples, just look at fucking Hollywood, which is filled with jerk-ass egoistic directors who still keep getting work.
>>
>>154208656
Keep guessing, youre bound to accidentally be right one of these times.
>>
>>154208805
>Miyazaki has a networth of net worth of $50 million
Source that isn't some random google site that will tell you moot's worth $10M or something?

>Kyoani is worth $19 M
Why do you think that's relevant? Do you think studios fund their own productions, or what? Maid Dragon has Lantis, Pony Canyon, etc. on board. And money isn't the only issue - there's the matter of people being busy at the moment (while Miyazaki gets progressively older waiting), the pointlessness of establishing / signing onto a studio that won't do anything after one movie, etc. He's sure as fuck not going to make a new studio to do the whole thing in-house, that'd be stupid. He'd work with freelancers if anything.
>>
>>154206763
Ghibli staff debanded mostly due low wage and bad treatment, Hiroyuki even said that Miyazaki was only famous due his highly qualified staff and would mostly be unable to produce anything of quality after being left alone
>>
>>154208839
Tale of Princess Kaguya was worth US$49.3 million you dork
>>
>>154208926
>Tezuka levels revered

Funny comparison because Tezuka's movies were so unpopular they bankrupted his studio.

Fame doesn't mean shit. If it did Welles wouldn't have spent the last years of his life promoting cheap wine in commercials.
>>
>>154208935
>its entirely different but still the same

No. You have no idea what youre talking about.

>just look at hollywood

What does Hollywood have to do Japanese animation again?
>>
>>154208987
>Tezuka's movies
I wasn't even talking about film though, I was talking about legacy you fucking retard.
>>
>>154207926
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interview/2017-01-27/legendary-anime-producer-masao-maruyama/.109843

>I would love to do it somehow, but I have no way to. I mean that it is like a concert, where the star is no longer on the stage. So at the moment it just goes back and forth in my mind. If he appeared in front of me right now I would jump at the chance, but he has the ultimate reason keeping him away from me. So I'm sure this is would be very difficult to achieve.
>>
>>154208965
Well, if you wont trust a google search, then I suppose that you have something better?
>>
>>154208794
Same.
But this meme war is overshadowing it, for shame.
>>
>>154208979
Those are the raw production costs, doesn't take into account marketing costs and other fees like theater distribution, all of which add another 10 million at least.
>>
>>154208873
Seriously, you lot are are naive as fuck. Go read up about things like Hollywood. Read up about say, people working in FX, an industry where the employees are doomed to fail, among many other aspects of the industry. You're looking at the situation too superficially. Obviously, ideally nobody works for the dickheads, but this is reality.

>The difference is in who's on the assembly line. The little children in Apple sweatshops aren't expected to bring a jot of creativity to soldering shit onto motherboards.
That applies to the arts as well, even you even pay attention or know of the many processes to it. It really isn't as clear cut as you think, especially since even in anime, you have people mocking those outsourced in-betweeners etc
>>
>>154208970
>Hiroyuki
Hiroyuki who? Okiura? Imaishi? Our glorious leader?

>>154209026
The lack of a trustworthy source doesn't mean you should trust random untrustworthy ones.
>>
>>154209014
Legacy doesn't give you money, you fucking retard. Your comparison was retarded to begin with.
>>
>>154209026
My friend, please. Those forbes estimations on net worth that pop up when you google "x person net worth" are literally made up. They just want you to click on forbes.com. Its all SEO. Complete guess work that has no basis in reality.
>>
>>154209054
Sure but it WAS enough to fund Takahata's film. And besides, it's not like you can make a cheaper one
>>
>>154209096
>Legacy doesn't give you money
Except Miyazaki already has money? And Tezuka died a wealthy man too.
I honestly don't see what the fuck you are even trying to prove at this point.
>>
>>154207343
Maybe if he didn't actively attack other peoples content this decrepit washed up old shit would be left alone.
>>
>>154209088
>>154209165
So where's your alternative source?
>>
>>154208997
>You have no idea what youre talking about.
Only because you're twisting my words and you're not very good at understanding context.

>What does Hollywood have to do Japanese animation again?
What, you think the anime industry's practices are unique? Do you think it's only Hollywood that somehow magically only have jerkass having people willing to work for them? Get real, it's the same deal in other industries, including anime. >>154208301 doesn't represent all types of companies.
>>
>>154209202
I at least don't have one, and we don't need one. If I supply you with a random /a/ post describing what Miyazaki was doing at 3:44 AM on June 8th 1984, you don't need an alternative source for what he was doing at that time to tell me that /a/ post isn't trustworthy.
>>
>>154209176
>Except Miyazaki already has money?

When has Miyazaki ever funded one of his own movies out of his own pocket? Do you even know how film production works?

>I honestly don't see what the fuck you are even trying to prove at this point.

Being famous and rich doesn't mean your movie gets made. If you know anything about film history this is an undeniable fact.
>>
>>154209202
You're the one making the claim that he's worth $50M, nigger. The burden of proof is on you, not them. If your source sucks, your source sucks.
>>
>>154208699
>Unironically thinking that "japan innocent country, look at this anime girl suffer and feel bad for us, what nanking" the film is actually a good movie
>>
>>154208906
Underrated post.
>>
>>154209229
>they have slight similarities due to be visual mediums
>and so because i once heard there are jackass directors in hollywood, miyazakis movie is 100% going to happen

Youre making such random conclusions. Miyazakis movies might get made, but it has nothing to do with hollywood directorial attitudes what the fuck? Hes an old man who might fucking die next year.
>>
File: kyo.jpg (235KB, 1536x888px) Image search: [Google]
kyo.jpg
235KB, 1536x888px
>>154209269
>>154208965
>>154209088
>>154209165
>>154209269
>>154209313
This is KyoAni's Financial report that shows a revenue of 2.3 billion yen($19mil), and a net profit of 165,301,000 yen($1.3mil)

Give me sec for Miyazaki's networth
>>
I think it's neat he's making a movie by himself. It's what he's been doing for his entire life so let him do what he enjoys without mocking him. What the fuck is wrong with you guys?
>>
>>154209500
No one is questioning what he wants to do, the problem is that him rebuilding his studio from scratch to make this movie is impossible. And yet some people think this fantasy will become reality if they meme hard enough.
>>
File: 1483931833869.png (678KB, 822x822px) Image search: [Google]
1483931833869.png
678KB, 822x822px
>>154209460
>revenue = net worth
>>
>>154209553
>rebuilding his studio from scratch
I've been arguing on the "this shit is hard to do, guys" side for most of this thread, but it's worth noting that you can obviously make a movie without rebuilding an entire studio. If it actually happened (which is questionable, given his age and the lack of progress the Suzuki quote suggests), it would probably involve him teaming up with some other studio(s) who would provide him with his core staff, plus freelancers, not trying to recreate Ghibli.
>>
>>154209460
>>154209623 is right, anon. What you want isn't annual revenue/profit, it's total assets/equity.
>>
>>154209640
Indeed, he could technically do it, but it would obviously not be a "Ghibli movie" anymore like what some people here fantasize about him doing with recruiting 600 more people.

The problem is that Miyazaki is extremely stubborn, and outside of Ghibli most studios would not be able to tolerate his standards and methods.
>>
File: Best girl tree-huggers get out.jpg (362KB, 495x700px) Image search: [Google]
Best girl tree-huggers get out.jpg
362KB, 495x700px
>>154208221

>nausicaa sequel
>in the hands of anno

Don't you dare even joke about that. He should just do a straight-up adaptation of the manga in 3 movies and let Miyazaki co-produce to keep him honest to the source material. If he can pull that off I might even forgive him for 3.33

Just kidding, that shit was unforgivable.
>>
Your Name killed anime and was the final nail in Miyazaki's coffin.
>>
>>154209741
Anno hasn't even finished (or maybe even started) the last Rebuild and you fuckers already want him to ruin another franchise? Calm down.
>>
>>154209789
It was a meh movie I don't see why it's shilled
>>
>>154209735
>outside of Ghibli most studios would not be able to tolerate his standards and methods.

Don't forget that because he's so old his dementia would force everyone to work at his slug pace and cost the studio a ton of money that they plan to use for other projects.
>>
>>154209623
>>154209680

Yeah, yeah. I can't just get some financial documents
Also, I give up. I can't find any documents that caculate Miyazaki's net worth. But all websites agree that he averages at 5-M alright. And that does seem realistic, if not underwhelming
>>
>>154209735
I mean, there's Ponoc, so he could theoretically work with them.
>>
>>154209923
*50M
>>
>>154209929
Ponoc was made specifically BECAUSE the old employees didn't want Miyazaki breathing down their necks. No way in hell would they open the doors for him.
>>
>>154209173
My point is that Miyazaki's entire net worth isn't even enough to fund a movie.
>>
>>154208970
>low wage

First time I heard about this, explain?
>>
Well after that massacre happened on his movie you can't really blame the old man.
>>
>>154210039
It took only $15,000 to fund Paranormal Activity...

$50M for an animated movie is a large number especially with modern technology
>>
>>154209970
Didn't Ghibli shut down before Ponoc was made, though? Am I mixing the timeline up?
>>
>>154210148
>50M for an animated movie is a large number
For a Japanese animated movie, you mean. For a mainstream Western animated movie today, that'd be shockingly low.
>>
>>154210148
>comparing a hand-cam amateur session with five people to an animated feature requiring hundreds of people drawing each individual frame

Do you not know how animation works?
>>
>>154210157
Ghibli didn't shut down; they temporarily dissolved their production department. The employees took the opportunity to make their own studio Ponoc instead of heading back to Ghibli, led by producer Nishimura. They don't intend to go back.
>>
>>154208965
>Why do you think that's relevant? Do you think studios fund their own productions, or what?
see
>>154209460
If their revenue was 19mil, it means they produced all their shows that year for 19 mil. 50 mil seems like plenty for 90 minutes then. Don't worry about most movie's budget, they like to burn money on stupid shit.
>>
>>154210225
He said: entire net worth isn't even enough to fund a movie
Movies in general

I got the point. I was just saying...
>>
>>154209830

>implying were ever getting rebuild 4
>>
>>154210329
>If their revenue was 19mil, it means they produced all their shows that year for 19 mil
I don't think you know what "revenue" means.
>>
>>154209346
>>>/pol/
>>
>>154210336
Because Miyazaki makes movies like Paranormal Activity on a regular basis.

It's called "context" anon.
>>
>>154210329
>If their revenue was 19mil, it means they produced all their shows that year for 19 mil

I don't think that's what revenue means
>>
>>154208805
>Kyoani is worth $19 M

>>154209460
>KyoAni's Financial report that shows a revenue of 2.3 billion yen($19mil)

>>154210329

Just fucking stop trying to talk about money, you clearly have less than a high-school understanding of the topic.
>>
If he does a solid concept and pre-production he will have no trouble making the movie happen.
The problem here is that the producer doesn't seem to be confident about it, so I think it's likely Miyazaki doesn't even have a good concept, or/and is at very early stages of planning.
>>
>>154210376
>>154210388
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Revenue
>In accounting, revenue is the income that a business has from its normal business activities
It's the money a company gets. Some of it is used to pay contractors and employees, some becomes the profit.
>>
>>154210542
This may shock you, but there's nothing preventing you from spending more money in a given year than you earn that year. That's called negative profit, or a loss. Talk to your parents for more cool facts, little Jimmy.
>>
>>154210490
So how did they create a show without using money? Are you implying they don't pay the sub-contractors directly or what?
>>
>>154210610
But that >>154209460 post also says that they had a profit that year. Learn to read comment chain before replying.
>>
>>154210542
Holy shit, how many /a/nons are actually so bored they are trying to learn econ101 through 10 minute google searches just so they can seem knowledgeable about anime production? Just stop.
>>
>>154210674
That doesn't change the fact that "If their revenue was 19mil, it means they produced all their shows that year for 19 mil" is false and retarded logic, though. The guy doesn't understand what revenue is.
>>
>>154210709
That's how the word "revenue" is used by most English speakers and nobody really cares what it means in specialised corpo-speak.
>>
>>154207548
Agreed. From the films I've seen from Shinkai, most of them felt like blatant self-inserts about how he can't find love for himself or fucking something.
>>
If you thought Miyazaki was a bitter old faggot before, imagine how he must be now that Kimi no Na wa. raped all of his records. I hope the stress kills him.
>>
>>154210742
>it's yet another I Need Everything Spelled For Me / Damage Control episode
>>
>>154209830
>>154209741
>>154208221
>Anno
Can I get new Patlabor instead maybe?
>>
>>154206763
Shinkai's success just gives Miyazaki all the more reason to be grumpy and cynical. One of his biggest gripes was that no one worth a damn would replace him, and he's right so far.
>>
>>154210778
Weird. I think this was the only movie that I felt wasn't solely about his male self-insert since his interviews all kind of indicate he put more of his early life-story in Mizuha.
>>
Will Miyazaki use his yakuza connections to assassinate Shinkai
>>
File: MiyazakiSamura1.jpg (70KB, 600x337px) Image search: [Google]
MiyazakiSamura1.jpg
70KB, 600x337px
>>154208100
Everyone here talking about how Miyazaki will definitely get this movie made like he promised has already forgotten that he never got that manga made like he promised either. If he can't get a single chapter of his new manga drawn, the chances of him getting a whole movie out are much slimmer.
>>
>>154206763
>Miyazaki forced to retire
Good riddance to this hasbeen
>>
>>154211727
>Kimi earns critical acclaims left and right

Not in Japan. Wasn't even nominated for an award.
>>
File: 1384575444354.gif (2MB, 615x413px) Image search: [Google]
1384575444354.gif
2MB, 615x413px
>>154207161
Thread posts: 143
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.