[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why don't anime characters eat fried rice?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 7

It's always plain rice
>>
>>154205292
It's reflective of the diet of Japanese society.
>>
Because that'd be Chinese.
>>
It's always plain-ass white-ass rice and they act like it's the most delicious thing they've ever eaten even though plain white rice is not tasty at all. It's like eating nothing.
>>
>>154205486
>Hibachi is chinese
>>
>>154205575
Even plain white rice is pretty good

T. Rice Enthusiast
>>
>>154205575
That's Japan for you. Japanese food is the most bland boring food around.
>>
>>154205575
High quality rice has a slightly sweet flavor, sometimes a slightly bran or nuttiness to it. Depending on the variety, time of harvest and age of the rice dictating the moisture content of the rice the cooked kernel is fluffy in texture with low starch residue. The Japanese have also been experimenting with breeding rice that has more "Umami" flavors.
>>
>>154205575
Plus they stuff huge bowls of it down their faces with every meal, no matter how inappropriate it seem.
>>
>>154205292
so they can put stuff on it
>>
>>154205575
Coconut rice looks like plain rice but tastes damn good.
>>
Bread > Noodles > Rice
>>
Is this question for real? That would be the same question as "Why do Gaijin eat bread instead of Pizza".

Fried rice is processed and you cant change the flavour (basically). Plain rice can be eaten with different components to give off a huge variety off flavours in one meal. Egg, pickled vegetables, fish, meat, etc. Besides that, asians do have more than just one type of rice.
>>
>>154205820
noodles are too much of a pain in the ass
>>
>>154205839
Contrary to asian belief, gaijin do not eat bread with every meal.
>>
>>154205839
>Fried rice is processed and you cant change the flavour (basically). Plain rice can be eaten with different components
you mean to tell me you believe you can't eat fried rice with anything else but fried rice?
>>
>>154205931
So do the asians. Rice may be the one main component, but there are enough dishes without rice.
>>
>>154205839
> Fried rice is processed
Yeah, no. You get your fried rice from a packet? Most people just make the stuff. It's really easy.
>>
>>154206006
>I get a pizza and put a steak and fries on it
Ok, you win. You can eat fried rice with something else. I can't.
>>
>>154205575
Fuck off, you'll never understand the sweet aroma of white rice.

T. Chink
>>
>>154205486
For the Chinese regions that eat mostly rice, it's almost always white rice.
>>
>>154206156
Mh, this might be a small misunderstanding. With "processed" I mean not only fried but also flavored and viable components added, e.g. scrambled egg, onions, garlic, soy sauce, sugar, etc.
>>
>>154205292
Because rice is fucking delicious
>>
>>154206166
>a fried grain is the same as cooked dough with cheese, tomato sauce, and toppings

You're retarded
>>
Fried rice is God's gift to mankind
[Spoiler]it also gives me gas[/spoiler]
>>
>>154206346
>can't spoiler
>diaperfaggot
Fuck off back to deviantart.
>>
You know, it actually IS surprising how rarely fried rice shows up in anime. It's all over the place in Japan, pretty much every ramen place also serves fried rice and most of my Japanese friends are big fans of it. There are plenty of specifically Chinese restaurants (as opposed to ramen/gyoza places, which are perceived as some kind of half Chinese half Japanese thing) in Japan, too.

Anime characters also eat plenty of other "foreign" food, curry and hamburgers show up all the time for example. I guess the kinds of places that serve fried rice aren't often chosen as settings for anime scenes, though.
>>
File: 1353550533919.png (591KB, 908x727px) Image search: [Google]
1353550533919.png
591KB, 908x727px
There are few things that can sour a meal as much as being given a decent plate of food, and then having a huge bowl of shitty tasteless rice set down next to whatever it is you actually want to eat, regardless of the fact that it adds literally nothing to the rest of the food, and having to force yourself to eat the lot out of a sense of politeness.

The worst thing is, it isn't just rice. The Japanese seem to have a habit of adding a mass of tasteless shit to any meal. These days it isn't uncommon to be served three fistfuls of awful bread rolls with a meal. Literally why? Who the fuck does that? I don't want to eat a mass of poor-quality bread and more than I want to eat shitty rice.

It's like they can't allow themselves to enjoy things and so have to add something to detract from any experience.
>>
>>154205575
t. microwave-ready rice eaters
>>
>>154205575
I dont love rice, but Basmati is pretty great plain. Really aromatic
>>
White rice is filled with nothing but simple carbohydrates. Why haven't East Asian people taken the brown rice redpill yet?
>>
>>154206930
Brown rice is common as fuck in real life, yet in anime the only rice ever shown is white. It's quite mysterious why white rice has some unspoken inherent superiority in Asian cultures.
>>
File: arroz-moro.jpg (175KB, 1333x1000px) Image search: [Google]
arroz-moro.jpg
175KB, 1333x1000px
>>154206205
Plain rice is boring as fuck

t. spic
>>
>>154205931
Mainly thanks to the potato
>>
>>154206508
Rice adds texture and contrast to a meal. Lets say you were eating chicken katsu, for example. Sure, you could eat it alone and just enjoy the katsu's flavor and texture for the whole meal but if you have rice, it changes everything. You could take a bite of katsu, then a bite of rice and alternate flavors and textures. You could eat some rice and katsu together and experience how the combination of flavors and textures work together.

Basically if you don't like the flavor and texture of rice, then of course you won't like rice. But for everybody else who does, rice is a nice staple to have in a meal since it's got a neutral flavor that goes with pretty much anything and adds texture and variety to a meal.
>>
>>154207131
Looks like vomit. So pretty fitting for south america
>>
>>154205575
Eat shit
>>
>>154207200
Says the dog eater.
>>
>>154207172
I get that, I just wish it had a little bit more flavor to it. If we were talking chahan and katsu, I'd be all over that shit.
>>
>>154207061
White > brown
In everything.
>>
>>154207254
If you're looking to mix it up with rice, you could always try furikake. Personally though, I find furikake disgusting since I like plain rice so much.
>>
>>154207479
I already use it at home, but I can't exactly bring the stuff with me when I am out. I'd get weird looks, and some people would almost certainly be offended.
>>
>>154206508
The bread rolls are stupid, Japanese people haven't figured out that Western food is supposed to be a complete all-in-one dish.

Rice is different. The way it's supposed to work is that the rice makes up the bulk of the meal and fills you up, and the other things are supposed to go on top of the rice or be eaten alongside it and provide the flavor. That's because historically rice was cheap and plentiful and everything else was rare and expensive. Nowadays it gets fucked up because you have plenty of non-rice stuff to eat but the Japanese still give you a shitload of rice anyway.

All that said, I enjoy rice, probably more than most westerners, but that's likely one of the few positive results of having been a megaweeb in my teens and therefore eating tons of Japanese food.
>>
>>154207061
The superiority isn't unspoken at all. Brown rice is openly considered to be subhuman food, something to be fed to animals and prisoners or eaten by peasants in times of famine.
>>
>>154205292
Fried rice is much more unhealthy and it constitutes as a main dish so it's obviously not for every meal.
>>154205575
tasteless baka gaijin
>>
>>154205292
because they care very much about their figures in japan. gotta be stick thin
>>
>>154207600
Yeah, if you're eating out then it can't be helped. I suppose you could keep a handful or two of furikake in you pockets like an autist if you really wanted to.
>>
>>154205292
It's cause fried rice is usually made from leftovers and Japanese people find it rude if you don't finish what's on your plate.
>>
>>154205575
Japanese rice is different from the rice we usually get in the west. Here we usually eat long grain rice. I eat lots of different types of rice and the generic white rice found in supermarkets is disgusting. Japanese rice is a short grain sticky rice with a savory flavour. For a simple but tasty meal add an egg to just cooked rice with a splash of sesame oil and drizzle of soy sauce.
Other tasty rice varieties enclude wild rice, Thai black jasmine, brown basmati, and French Camargue red.
>>
>Saffron Rice
>Arraz Rojo
>Fried Rice
>Risotto
>Cajun Rice

And yet they still insist on eating it plain. Fucking baffling.
>>
>>154208219
You forgot pilaf, jollof rice, and biryani, but I'll forgive you for doing so.
>>
>>154205292

iirc fried rice it's not usually made at home unless it's for omurice

They think fried rice and bowl foods are chinese or southerner food
>>
File: What A Wimp.png (265KB, 566x659px) Image search: [Google]
What A Wimp.png
265KB, 566x659px
>>154205575
>he doesn't fuckin' season his shitty-ass rice
>>
>>154208117
I have lived in Japan for a while and I will tell you, Japanese rice is not straight up better than our usual rice. It is slightly easier to eat but still unappetizing by itself. Raw egg, soy sauce and rice is pretty good though.
>>
>>154205292
But rice is fucking tasty, rice just cooked + an egg on top is glorious, and i'm not even asian.
>fried rice
I'm not sure if follow you here, I have never fried my rice, how does that even work?
>>
Rice with dish is not same as rice dish.
>>
File: 1482842321381.png (138KB, 358x358px) Image search: [Google]
1482842321381.png
138KB, 358x358px
>>154205931

What the fuck? Then what do you eat for carbs?
>>
>>154208730
What the fuck? You eat bread with every meal?
>>
>>154208545
You put it in the deep fryer
>>
>>154208806

No I'm rice person.
>>
>>154205575
White rice is the best fuck you
t. Korea
>>
>>154205292
>not eating superior brown rice
>eating shitty white rice

It's like you don't even /fit/
>>
>>154208730
Cereal? Potatoes? Beans? Fruit and vegetables?
Carbs are ubiquitous.
>>
>>154208806
bread with every meal is actually pretty common.
especially in france and similar euro countries
>>
>>154205292
Because rice with butter and salt is easy and quick to make but still stuffs your tummy full of good food. Rice was literally made for neets.
>>
>>154205292
Here's your answer OP
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aC0f9kfwFvg
>>
Is this the /ck/ thread that happens every other day?
>>
>>154205699
Which is funny, since at least in my town the teppanyaki restaurant is my favorite. The actual Japanese dishes they cook there are pretty good too.
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.