[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>no studio is perfec-

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 9

File: d66.png (569KB, 680x480px) Image search: [Google]
d66.png
569KB, 680x480px
>no studio is perfec-
>>
You first.
>>
>Ninja Slayer

soiled it
>>
Kiznaiver was pure crap.
>>
>>154199143
The only Tigger show you could say is "perfect" is Inferno Cop.
>>
>>154199273
Still the only trigger thing I have yet to watch.
>>
Akko's thighs
>>
>>154199183
th-thanks you too
>>
I don't care where you got that meme from but fuck off back to wherever that is. Also, Trigger is far from perfect. Ninja Slayer and Kiznaiver are absolute garbage and KLK is as flawed as it is fun.
>>
>>154199143
But Luluco and Inferno Cop are the only good shows they've ever made.
>>
>5th anniversary
>nothing but trash anime
>>
Man I need to see Trigger girls animated. Will the other two appear in Luluco 2?
>>
>>154199239
>Ninja Slayer

Perfected it
>>
Kill la Kill is seriously my favorite anime of all time, but their other stuff like Inou Battle and Ninja Slayer are gay. Is it too much to ask for just one studio to stop adapting LN haremshit shows? I used to like Trigger but they suck now.
>>
Where the fuck are Turning Girls? Probably Trigger's best after Inferno Cop, tied with LWA.
>>
That's a lot of flops in one image.
>>
Am I the only one who likes Space Patrol Luluco the most? I also like KlK, but wasn't a fan of many of the later events. Can't judge LWA yet but it's pretty good so far. Depends on how the actual plot will unfold I guess.
>>
I have such a weird relationship with supernatural battles, it's overall boring, but this fucking scene is so god damn great. And knowing that the studio have a relationship to Evangelion makes it so much better.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHd3xfDzTg8
>>
>One good IP
>Savior of anime
Pick one and ONLY one
>>
>>154199319
Just watch the OP and pretend it belongs to a better show.
>>
>>154199143
Do you think we'll see those other two girls with Luluco soon? Or If Panty and Stocking will ever be added to their little collage?
>>
File: tricky.gif (2MB, 431x242px) Image search: [Google]
tricky.gif
2MB, 431x242px
>>154200747
That one good IP actually DID save anime, though.
>>
>>154203480
Is it saving it with shitty sales?
>>
>>154203534
no, it's saving with Kikeshiller buxx.
>>
>>154199143
>tfw Inferno Cop is the pinnacle of visual narrative
How can other studios even compete.
>>
I can't really articulate why, but there's something about Trigger's work that I just find fundamentally repellent.

I guess the best explanation I can come up with is that it rejects so many of the things that make anime anime and instead replaces them with the hallmarks of Western animation. Every time I see Trigger's work in action I'm overcome by waves of terror that the genre I've loved for so many years is on the precipice of turning from its own distinct medium into a Japanized form of kiddy superhero cartoons or something. I feel like if you like Trigger you can't possibly like anime, and vice versa.

God help us all.
>>
trigger has zero (0) good shows

Luluco was alright and kiznaiver looked amazing, but everything else was shit.
>>
>>154204381
nice bait
>>
Trigger haters are as annoying as the extreme fanboys
>durr hurrrb look at how cool and edgy and weeb I am hating this studio because they're popular/pander to the west/whatever shitty reason
Also the salesfags mocking LWA for low sales are hypocrites or retards
Why? Because by their own logic SAO should be a masterpiece, which is retarded. But if they say SAO is no masterpiece even with the sales, then it's just hypocritical to say a show is shit because of low sales
And I'm directing my post to the people shitting on Trigger because the fags do it with a fucking sense of superiority like they're right and people are inferior to them for liking Trigger
>>
>>154204381
You realize anime was influenced by the west, right? Tezuka, Miyazaki many other pioneers of the industry were influenced by western animation
>>
If Trigger isn't your favorite studio you should probably kill yourselves desu
>>
They love animation in general and show it. That triggers the weeaboos here.
>>
>Kiznaive
>Inou Battle
>Ninja Slayer
>Hacka Doll
>perfect
KLK, LWA, Luluco and Inferno Cop may be great, but that's not enough to save the studio from the other shit they made.
>>
File: Panty-Stocking.jpg (52KB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
Panty-Stocking.jpg
52KB, 500x300px
>>154204886
Anime and western animation have been in a tennis match of influence ever since Japs first put pen to cel. Pic related is an anime with an art style inspired by the Powerpuff Girls, which in turn was inspired by anime. See also 1ps, its capeshit-style superpowers, and its western-influenced exaggeration of facial expressions; and see the manga that have been influenced by 1ps.
>>
>>154205028
Hacka Doll isn't Trigger.
>>
>>154199143
>LWA
>perfect
LWA is too cartoonish, fagget studio even admited to want the western audience so they made it more "american" it's SHIT.
You faggot have /co/ taste.

Also
>no studio is perfec-
Fuck off fucking crossboarder with your cancerous memes.
>>
>>154205028
Inou Battle wasn't that bad come on.
>>
File: 1465572223523.jpg (177KB, 1200x1400px) Image search: [Google]
1465572223523.jpg
177KB, 1200x1400px
>>154200518
Me too, Luluco is the best
>>
>>154205028
>Ninja Slayer
>shit
I'm sorry for your shit taste
>>154205254
>this is too western for me
>animu should be pure nihongo for pure nihon people
You sound like a literal weeb. Also, I remember your kind of shitposts from when Space Dandy aired
>hurr durr. Too western /co/
Kill yourself
>>
>>154199239
Fuck you ninja slayer was a 10/10 show
>>
Imaishi is a taint on that studio.
>>
>>154199239
Ninja Slayer is show of the millenium.
>>
>>154199143
>shit la shit
>ninja shitter
>little shill acadamia

Their adaptations and originals are equally shit, trigger is literally JUST the studio
>>
>>154205480
Kiznaiver is a taint on that studio
>>
>>154205480
Is that why everything he touches is a masterpiece, LWA episode included?
>>
>>154205304
It achieved quite much for a one cours short anime. Most full length series have less content than this one.
>>
>>154205480
Imaishi is the second coming of Tezuka.
>>
>>154205480
Cool meme. Imaishi's great
>>154205578
Blame Okada
>>154205571
Nice arguments, really convinced me.
>>
File: l547.png (258KB, 479x461px) Image search: [Google]
l547.png
258KB, 479x461px
>>154205665
It had four seasons, what are you talking about?
>>
Irrefutable and Objective ratings:

Inferno Cop: ∞/10
LWA: 10/10
KLK: 9/10
Inou Battle: 5/10
Ninja Slayer: 6/10
LWA 2: 7/10
Kiznaiver: 4/10
Luluco: 8/10
LWA TV: 8/10?
>>
>>154205578
Well Luluco is more like the "real" Trigger project of that season, they aired at the same time and Kiznaiver was more of a Okada project, the only thing that felt like Trigger were the characters.
What killed it for me was the love drama though.

I also wish people were able to write plots that don't evolve those damn twists about secret experiments with children (including the MCs) - really, this shit is fucking everywhere and it always fucks up plots that could have been okay otherwise.
>>
>>154205258
Describe a scene you remember besides I DON'T UNDERSTAND or the Loli.
>>
File: heh.jpg (23KB, 279x193px) Image search: [Google]
heh.jpg
23KB, 279x193px
>>154205735
that caught me off guard, I forgot about that
>>
>>154204886
While that's true, there's also been close to 60 years of divergent evolution since then, and the anime of today bears little resemblance to early works. (With the exception of the occasional series or movie by those same old creators or based on old franchises.)

I think that, if you did a survey, you'd find that most people who like modern anime and dislike modern Western and Western-style animation wouldn't like Tezuka's work either. (Unless they're such weebs that the mere Japanese origin of the work skewed their perceptions of it.)

Trigger's work doesn't really bear any more resemblance to '50s American animation then modern anime does, though, it's much more heavily derived from '90s and '00s Cartoon Network originals and current Western kids' shows. That's what makes it so jarring; it's not a return to anime's roots but instead a switch to a path that went in the opposite direction from anime. It's like replacing tempura with modern Portugese cuisine or ramen with pho.

>>154205254
For what it's worth, LWA2 only EXISTS for the Western audience. The person who may well have been the most instrumental in getting it made at all is actually an old friend of mine, who works at Good Smile's international branch and spent years campaigning and lobbying within the company for it.

As much as I dislike Trigger, that fact actually vindicates a lot of what >>154204843 says. It's irrelevant whether the show sold well in Japan because it was never made for Japan in the first place, it was intended for the Crunchyroll market and it's done quite well there. (And unlike most /a/nons, I'm not going to bash CR and their ilk, they've done more for the anime market then most people realize.)
>>
>>154205828
>KLK anything higher than a 5
>LWA TV that high
into the trash you go
>>
>>154200161
2/10 made me reply.
>>
>>154206197
>t's much more heavily derived from '90s and '00s Cartoon Network originals and current Western kids' shows
Yeah, no. Unless you're talking about PSG and Inferno Cop.
KLK and Luluco are nothing like that and LWA takes more from classic Disney.
>>
>>154204843
The no sales thing is basically a big fuck you, no S2 for you instead of a quality factor.
>>
File: 1446421665931.png (547KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1446421665931.png
547KB, 1280x720px
>>154201080
>Panty and Stocking

I'm praying so hard i could put a muslim to shame
>>
>>154206345
>>KLK anything higher than a 5
Well memed.
And LWA is already strong as an episodic show and keeps getting better. I have no doubts by the end it will be great.
>>
>>154206423
I don't even get why people are arguing over that in the first place. This whole 'old cartoons are good, new cartoons are shit' thinking is retarded and that's coming from someone who's a fan of Tezuka and old Western shit.
>>
>>154206197
Only that their only "cartoony" work is LWA. I mean, find me something more anime than "girl seeking revenge on a highschool run by students with superpowers (with the student council being of course the most powerful). And the power comes from clothes, the most powerful clothes are the most revealing ones and the most powerful characters are chicks.
I seriously feel like people blow Trigger's west pandering/western influences out of proportion just because LWA TV is their currently airing work, and they don't look at the studio's bigger picture.
>>
>>154204381
Look at it at one way. Anime is becoming shit and dying anyway.
>>
>>154206520
>well memed
Nice refute
>LWA is already strong as an episodic show
It has bad writing even as a kid's show, and does not live up to the expectation's set by the OVA
>>
>>154199143
>trigger
>perfect
Is this bait? I know LWA has brought in a ton of shit taste crossboarders so it's hard to tell.
>>
>>154206548
But I'm not saying they're bad.
I'm just saying that LWA isn't like what you see on Cartoon Network/Toonami in the slightest.
>>
>>154206490
But LWA went from a single anime mirai video to a successful as fuck kickstarter for a second OVA to a fucking 2 cours TV show. Even if there's no S2, it doesn't matter, because the franchise has already achieved a lot. I mean, another anime mirai project, Deat Billiards, only got a single TV cour.
Not every anime needs further seasons. Specially not originals, which are made assuming no more seasons and thus, whatever story's there will be told from beggining to end in the amount of episodes it has
>>
File: 75274.jpg (38KB, 225x321px) Image search: [Google]
75274.jpg
38KB, 225x321px
>>154199143
sorry wrong pic
>>
>>154206584
>muh bad writing
Nice refute
>>
>>154206584
>Nice refute
Sorry I couldn't match your non existent arguments.
>It has bad writing even as a kid's show, and does not live up to the expectation's set by the OVA
If you thought that what made the OVA good was the writing you must be retarded.
>>
File: lacticharlot.jpg (67KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
lacticharlot.jpg
67KB, 640x480px
>>154206609
>Is this bait?
No shit sherlock
>>
>>154206676
I was talking about the people who usually say that.
>>
>>154206793
>I know LWA has brought in a ton of shit taste crossboarders so it's hard to tell.
I mean just look at the shit taste from triggerfags in this thread.
>>
>>154206423
KLK still draws a lot from recent animation. The way things distort and the scratchy edge lines, as well as the general cinematography ("camera" angles etc.) are heavily influenced by that stuff.

As for LWA, I'd say it's more derivative of late 2D Disney ('90s/'00s) and TV cartoons than it is of classic Disney, though maybe there's some super early Disney/WB influence (Mickey, Looney Tunes, etc. type stuff) in there too. Classic Disney - stuff like Cinderella, Snow White, etc. - have a consistency of proportion and realism of movement that's much more like contemporary anime than Trigger's work, while LWA is more like Aladdin and things in that vein.

>>154206559
See above. LWA stands out for its character designs, but there are many Western influences in their earlier works too. I'll also add that it didn't start with Trigger, the same hallmarks were clearly visible in TTGL as well.
>>
>>154206835
Whether or not it's intended as bait, it still has the potential to create a shitstorm.
>>
>>154205480
He is a shitposter in the form of an animator, yeah. The moral of the story: don't let a shitposter to become the head of a studio.
>>
>>154206659
Yeah and I agree. Maybe I should have quoted the anon you're responding to as well.
Trigger anime are different but I wouldn't consider those who are similiar to modern cartoons worse than the others. Honestly most old Western cartoons I watched as a child are actually fucking shit or are good for little brats but nothing anyone older than 10 would ever enjoy.
>>
>>154206835
>look at the shit taste from triggerfags
>that faggot who like klk the most
>all those ninja slayer was shit niggers
>Innou battle listed in the same level as kiznaiver
Indeed.
>>
>>154206924
But shitpost anime are the best anime. Thats why the true hidden AOTS is Heybot
>>
>>154206846
>The way things distort
What things? The character designs? Because that certainly isn't exclusive of western animation.
>and the scratchy edge lines
What do you mean?
>as well as the general cinematography
The general cinematography is mostly Dezaki influenced. You could argue that some of the comedic moments are styled after western conventions, but they are a minority.
>Mickey, Looney Tunes, etc. type stuff
That's what I was thinking about, yes.
>>
>>154200682
Inou Battle is a story told from the POV of side characters. The MC and his bunch of merry friends/haremettes are all side characters for the war, with that main heroine's brother being the true MC of a saga yet told. So if you thought "how does a story looks like from irrelevant people?", this is your answer. Hence the boredom and the nothing happening.
>>
>>154205944
MC walking in on the red haired girl acting out her chuuni fantasies. Making up chuuni names. The OP. Mako in the pool. Everything else was pretty much forgettable.
>>
>>154199143
Nice facebook meme.
>>
Luluco is the best thing Trigger has done
Thread posts: 84
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.