[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the high point of this series? I heard that this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 386
Thread images: 71

File: Sword-art-online-800x420.jpg (79KB, 800x420px) Image search: [Google]
Sword-art-online-800x420.jpg
79KB, 800x420px
What's the high point of this series? I heard that this was supposed to start off strong, but it hasn't been a great first three episodes so far. That being said, the ending for episode 3 is giving me hope for some amusing suffering. Is my hope misplaced?
>>
Terrible show. The only good part is the OVA from the third season? Second?

Don't waste your time.
>>
The first 12 are alright. The second half with the elves was bad. There's worse shit out there, but there's also way better.
>>
>>154193706
Oh come now, surely it has some value. Every flavor of the month has something going for it. At the very least, it makes solid background noise. Laughing at the stupid game mechanics has also been great.
>>
First arc. Then drop.
>>
>>154193772
SAO is basically the anime equivalent of Twilight except with video games
>>
>>154193284
There are no highs, just a series of "not lows"
Seriously, it was never good.
>>
>>154193824
I hear that a lot. What sets this apart from other self insert power fantasy series?
>>
File: 21354325235.png (969KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
21354325235.png
969KB, 1920x1080px
>>154193761
If wasn't for pic related it would be a good half but for me that little shit ruined the whole show
>>
>>154193284
The first episode where they kill the dungeon boss.
>>
>>154193284
Just look at this thread, digibro must be happy right now.
>>
>>154194073
the kangaroo boss? the ending was hilarious.

>becomes Eincrad's DARK KNIGHT
>presses equip button
>FLOURISH ON EQUIP ANIMATION

so dumb, and they played it so straight like they though they were so cool and clever. shit's hilarious, dog.
>>
>>154194073
No boss was killed in the first episode tho
>>
>>154193967
The author had basically no idea how a mmorpg works, so the "strong premise" turns to shit very fast. Also it's very obvious that he wanted his MC in certain situations like having to hide his powerlevel, being the scapegoat to save other people, and most importantly being the strongest and smartest character in this universe, except he didn't know how to do even one of those things so they just kinda happen without reason.
This destroys the not even mediocre plot even further.
The side characters are mostly useless harem objects, so their is barely anything left to be entertaining.
>>
File: 2.png (193KB, 393x485px) Image search: [Google]
2.png
193KB, 393x485px
>>154193284
1 Heathcliff
2 Eugene
3 Eiji
4 Diavel

Prove me wrong
>>
File: Urban_Hellraisers.jpg (32KB, 624x352px) Image search: [Google]
Urban_Hellraisers.jpg
32KB, 624x352px
>>154194305
>writer who has no idea how video game works writes about video game

Oh man I definitely have to see this through, now.
>>
>>154194028
This "14 year olds adopt a kid and act like a family" trope is the worst cringe to me.
It didn't help that the way she was introduced was that stupid.
>>
>>154194305
>The author had basically no idea how a mmorpg works, so the "strong premise" turns to shit very fast

explain

>harem

wew
>>
>>154193284
sugary days

its not in the anime
>>
>>154194434
>14

are you baiting?, they were 17 iirc
>>
The first half-dozen episodes were okay, but once they start playing house and every fight comes down to some plot-convenience bullshit the fun stops.
>>
>>154194436
Not that guy, but after watching the first 5 episodes, I can tell you right now that the creator is trying to pass off a Dark Souls type game as a modern day MMO. There's nothing encouraging cooperation, quite the opposite in fact. Everyone is in it together, sure, but at the same time they're racing to get that last hit. The IRL death gimmick only compounds this theme of the game.
>>
Hi digibro, I know you're reading this

Fire your video editor his editing is boring af
>>
>>154194587
> modern day MMO

You mean the ones that are all WoW ripoff?, because that is not what sao is.

>There's nothing encouraging cooperation
Isn't dying enough to want to be in a party?, even more when the game has shit like traps like what happened in the ep 3, or unexpected shit like the boss 74 and 75.
>>
File: 1479403609757.png (45KB, 328x412px) Image search: [Google]
1479403609757.png
45KB, 328x412px
The only even remotely decent episode is the first one, because it basically just introduces interesting concept. Everything else is its awful execution and you shouldn't watch it at all.
People who think that first twelve episodes were good are as much of a disgusting plebs as the rest of the fanbase and should fuck off to >>>/MAL/.
>>
File: The real black swordsman.jpg (30KB, 289x395px) Image search: [Google]
The real black swordsman.jpg
30KB, 289x395px
>>154193284
SAO is a bit of an interesting series. Reading the books, you start to really enjoy watching Reki grow as a writer. You also start to really enjoy the world he sets up. That world can't be properly conveyed in the anime series, no matter how much he'd like to try.
If you REALLY want to give SAO a try, forget the anime even exists. Read the Light Novels. Start with Progressive, read those, then read the main series, 1-17, and the Alternative some time after you finish Phantom Bullet.
The anime does the series a massive disservice, and I'm pretty sure the anime for Accel World does likewise (I wouldn't know, because I wisely stayed away from the Accel World anime).
Don't listen to Digibro's numerous proxies saying that it's absolute irredeemable shit, but don't listen to to fanboys calling it the greatest thing since sliced bread. Watch it yourself if you're a masochist, or read it yourself, and form your own opinion.
Now, to properly answer your question:
There are a number of 'high points' in the main series. Volume 1 was quite frankly terrible. It's to be expected. It was the first thing Reki ever wrote, and he sounds so cute in the epilogue that you can almost find it in your heart to forgive him. Unfortunately, it's seriously not good. He effectively has no world set up for Aincrad in its first 2 volumes. That said, the introduction of best girl Lisbeth and the rest of the Spurned Women's Club can be very nice, depending on if you like certain members. Contrarian opinion number one and the fastest way to tell somebody actually invested in SAO from a filthy secondary strikes in volumes 3 and 4, Fairy Dance is better by far in the Light Novels than the anime. It makes sense, Progressive's first volume was effectively the first episode or two (In fact, that introduction sequence was specifically written FOR the anime, and then turned into Progressive), and Progressive is generally hailed as the best part about Aincrad.
>>
>>154194896
Needless to say, there is no progressive in the LN. It's just a long, painful trek all the way through...
Fairy Dance is the first break from that long, painful trek of going back and forth along the Aincrad timeline with weird side stories that are in no semblance of a chronological order. Fairy Dance is the first time you see a real overarching story. However, in the anime (hooray for time constraints) nearly EVERYTHING that made Fairy Dance great in the LN was cut. Tonkii's introduction was completely cut (And so was the entire trip to Niflheim for that matter), a great deal of characterization was cut, and Suguha was relatively a side character for her entire arc. Sad.
So there's your first 'high point'. Fairy Dance.

Then the anime and the LN finally get something in common: making Phantom Bullet shit. GGO as a whole was just wasted potential: the video game. Do you want to know how I know that there was potential, but that it was just wasted? Just look at Alternative. Sigsawa got his hands on GGO after he helped out in SAO 2 and turned GGO into solid gold. Moving on.
After a few more side story whatnots to trudge through, you get to Alicization. Alicization is the arc where you can find SAO's peak, easily. It starts in volume 9 and goes on to volume 17, however, volume 14 is an entire volume dedicated to the final boss fight with the queen of The Underworld. Everything in Alicization up to this point was leading up to this, and along the ride SAO gets better with every volume. But I digress. There are a great number of things that make volume 14 the best volume in the series, but I'll let you find them for yourself.
And that about sums it all up. After volume 14, SAO finds another 'relative minima' or two before rising a bit more from that point. It doesn't get better than volume 14.
>>
If you wanted any more evidence that you should avoid this shit series, then look at how SAOfags bring in some shitty e-celeb into conversation as if anyone knows what the fuck they're even talking about.
>>
>>154194735
>that is not what sao is.
I'm glad we can agree, brother.

>Isn't dying enough to want to be in a party?, even more when the game has shit like traps like what happened in the ep 3, or unexpected shit like the boss 74 and 75.
Nah, death itself isn't much of a deterrence for video games. Unless death in SAO was supposed to be like death in roguelikes such as Crypt of the Necrodancer, that's not much of an encouragement.

I don't know anything about this 74 and 75 you're bringing up.
>>
>>154193967
It has a decent abridged series.
>>
>>154194896
Not sure if pasta, and I didnt read all your post but Accel world anime adaptation was actually pretty good and only covers up to vol.4
>>
>>154195155
Well that works then. I didn't really have a taste for watching another anime adaptation of a Reki work, SAO's was just too terrible.
I would consider looking into it, but it's not wise to get into it too much. Nobody is going to finish that translation after all.
Also, that's not pasta. I started writing it when the thread was at 2 replies.
>>
>>154194436
I'm this guy.
The MC can do raids alone, 30 man groups fail on, he got the most experience and overpowered gear, even though he just seems to fuck around instead of grinding and other small stupid stuff.
Also the game feeling is only apparent in small gimmicks like menus and livebars. the actual game doesn't have spells or anything so it's basically just some dudes fighting with swords instead of complex group mechanics of modern MMOs.
There is only one fighting mechanic called "switch". It doesn't make much sense though, 1 guy out of 30 attacks a boss, then screams the word and some other guy attacks instead of him, even though all 30 guys could just attack together.
They mention skills a few times, like the MC being the only guy in the game that has the skill to wear 2 onehanded weapons, or this other guy being able to block very well but that's basically it.
Guilds and crafting seemed ok, but they barely showed it.
The worst part for me was that they completely skipped the low level experience. The MC goes in with an advantage since he played the beta. we get small timeskips between episodes and suddenly it turns out he's already the highest level player in the game.
>>
>>154195155
Accel world is miles better than SAO, but still suffers from the "MC is super special" thing every now and again.
>>
>>154195476
>part of a plot twist in the early beginning of the game was that the game changed a lot since the beta, people were dying left and right since they thought they were "safe"

whew. While almost everything you said was almost right if you are gonna shit on something make sure you got your shit straight

> the actual game doesn't have spells or anything so it's basically just some dudes fighting with swords instead of complex group mechanics of modern MMOs.

Kinda missed the point for the game being called Sword Art Online.

>Kirito being OP as fuck
Not arguing that, it's painful to watch.
>>
>>154195476
>Even though he just seems to fuck around instead of grinding and other small stupid stuff
Oh you silly secondary.
That said, you definitely need to get into Progressive if you're after the low level stuff. Progressive is literally going through all the floors one by one, and following the main quest of the game. I would probably put Progressive as a whole about on the level of mid-alicization, in terms of how much I enjoyed it.
A lot of people do tend to forget that SAO was the very first thing Reki ever wrote, and he started at floor 75 when he first wrote it. Progressive was written much later and much better than the original series.
>>
>>154194436
>day 1 of an anticipated MMO with only 10,000 copies available is filled with complete casuals
>>
By the way, are there any skills that don't just boil down to lighting up the sword for extra damage or faster successive strikes? I'm not that far in, but I'm hoping for something more creative down the line.
>>
>>154195682
I feel like Accel World gets a lot better when you think of it less as 'the MC is so-and-so' and think more about the internal struggle between good and evil that's housed within the MC.
Even without that though, it's clearly apparent that AW is leagues better than a great deal of SAO.
>>
Just finished episode 6

>catch the KIRA
>"why'd you do it?"
>"to preserve the memory of my wife, duh"
>"you killed her, fag"
>"...SHIT"

got a giggle outta me
>>
>that no name character who becomes leader of the corrupt guild and gets resolved all off screen
What was that all about?
>>
>>154193284

Yes, it is misplaced.
>>
>>154195838
Depends on if you're reading the LN or watching the anime.
Kirito's iconic Vorpal Strike is quite often used to move quickly around his opponents and effectively kite them. It was one of the most important parts of his skillset while he was grinding.
>>
>>154195835
I'm telling you, you gotta look at it like Demon's Souls. Not Dark Souls, Demon's Souls specifically where it was a new, merciless experience.

It doesn't make it better, just slightly more cohesive.
>>
>dude wearing a neat-o black coat walks into blacksmith shop
>pink-hair thinks he's poor

pffft, not much of a salesman this one, also

>testing a sword by striking it against another sword

My favorite shit trope in all of fiction.
>>
>>154193284
Progressive. Everything else is garbage compared to it and even the Progressive LN falls beliw the Progressive manga which brings out the most fun sides of Kirito that the Progressive LN doesn't do as much although still more than the main LN.
>>
>>154195720
Beta players still had an advantage, since they knew basic game mechanics.
Also just because a game has the word "sword" in it's name doesn't mean that spells can't be included but i admit that my point was something different.
The way they present the fighting in the game makes it look like an action RPG, so they missed the opportunity to have the mechanics of actual mmorpgs in. Actually even basic strategy seems pretty rare.
Also i just remembered: wasn't here this summoner girl? Makes me wonder if there are classes or not...
>>
>>154194954
>>154194896
Thanks, bro. I am quite the masochist when it comes to watching garbage (Michael Bay Ninja Turtles hurt so good, dude), so if at end of it all I want more I will read some of these novels.

Honestly, though, I'll probably just want to play a game afterwards.
>>
>>154196181
Oh well you're in luck. The SAO games are pretty fun too.
>>
>>154196211
You messin' with me right now, jack? Be real with me.
>>
>>154196261
I'm serious, they're pretty fun.
>>
Further into the Lisbeth episode now

>girl is clearly out of her depth from the very beginning of the adventure (it's cooold and I didn't bring anything to stay waaarm T.T)
>arrive at area with big bad dragon
>guy who knows what he's doing tells you to stay put
>partway through the encounter, do the opposite of what he tells you to do because you're impatient

hahaha, the fuck's wrong with this woman? this is best girl? was that supposed to be ironic?
>>
>>154196346
You should be far enough in the series to know that the characters are not made great by their personality, characteristics, or knowledge, but by their bodies.
>>
File: 1407027833537.jpg (502KB, 850x589px) Image search: [Google]
1407027833537.jpg
502KB, 850x589px
>>154196346
>Lisbeth
>Best girl

Only retards think that anon
>>
>>154196389
Shit, jack, you got me there.

I also get the feeling that if they don't wind up with Kirito, then they don't wind up with anyone. I mean that in the sense that we never even see them try, or get a chance to try to connect with anyone else on a romantic level.

Have I hit the nail on the head?
>>
>>154196139
According to Argo the Rat, before the first boss battle strategy meeting that Diavel was organizing, 300 of the 700-800 beta players that made into the main release had already died because of the many changes that had been made since the beta. Their knowledge turned out to be a double edged sword. When they got to the 4th floor, shit had changed so much (desert map to rivers and boat battles map) that even Kirito didn't know what to do and ended up just going along with Asuna's whims the whole way to the boss battle.
>>
It's starting to bug me how the writing insists on framing "solo playing" as a big deal when it's not supposed to be the standard multi-class, multi-role vidya gaem.

Then I remember the coat flourish from episode 2 and everything is a-okay.
>>
>>154196568
True, but this is also true for every Harem series even made, so I don't know how you can level it against this one and not literally every other manga/anime/LN/VN with multiple girls who want the MC's cock and never move on even after losing
>>
>>154196655
What's hilarious is that Jesus “Solo Player” Kirito was in a permanent party with Asuna for months, maybe even until a bit before the 25th floor.
>>
>>154196655
Well, solo playing actually is a rather big deal in SAO. As a general rule of thumb, it's good to have somebody watch your back, because if you're all alone, and you get paralyzed out of nowhere, you're just plain fucking dead. If you have at least one other person with you, that risk gets lessened significantly.
>>
>>154196802
I can buy that, dude.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (118KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
118KB, 1280x720px
This is the exact moment this show turns into shit for me.
>>
>>154196874
You have to consider that a lot of the way people act in video games is because the consequences of dying are quite minor. Therefore people are willing to take much bigger risks for any reward. When your HP becomes synonymous with your very human life, you would expect people to play much more conservatively, more like soldiers on a battlefield. That pretty much always means acting in groups. Humans are social animals, and our strength comes from our ability to work together.
>>
File: notevenbestgirl.jpg (552KB, 3508x2480px) Image search: [Google]
notevenbestgirl.jpg
552KB, 3508x2480px
>>154194896
The show wasn't good. Everyone knows this. That being said this scene was pretty memorable, for whatever reason
>>
>>154197280
>filename
Explain yourself.
>>
>>154197133
But that was one of the most game-like moments in the anime.
>>
>>154197341
Okay, maybe marginally better than the rest, but see >>154196389 Also I'm pretty sure the writing is designed to make everyone but Kirito and Asuna comparatively shit.
>>
watched 5-6 episodes today...
meh so much talk about something so meh..
>>
>>154195090
>Nah, death itself isn't much of a deterrence for video games.

Imagine if you dropped five levels when you died in a MMO. That would be one hell of a deterrent.
>>
>>154194896
>I'm pretty sure the anime for Accel World does likewise (I wouldn't know, because I wisely stayed away from the Accel World anime).

Nah, Accel World's anime was fucking magnificent. The OST and visual design were top notch. Good god, that OST was delicious.

>I wisely stayed away from the Accel World anime
ur a faget
>>
File: Accel World.webm (2MB, 688x388px) Image search: [Google]
Accel World.webm
2MB, 688x388px
>>154198278
>>
>>154198440
I've got to admit, that does look pretty nice.
It's a shame the rest of the LNs will never be translated, and AW won't get adapt the cool parts of Crow's dealing with Disaster.
>>
>>154197374
From a shitty F2P MMO looks like.
>>
>>154198737
what are you even talking about, sure, you won't be able to read it for free but Accel World is being translated and releasing smoothly by yen press at the moment
>>
File: 1340446870280.gif (3MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1340446870280.gif
3MB, 480x270px
>>154198737
It was a good idea to let Sunrise redesign all the mecha characters.
>>
File: Suguha.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Suguha.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>154193284
I think SAO is a show where the positives are pretty up high, but the negatives are lower than rock bottom. I'm in the middle of the Gun Gale Arc and I can see past it's many flaws. Also I accidentally fell in love with pic related.
>>
>>154198826
I still don't get why it doesn't look game-ish to you.
Think of it like this.
To deal with extra attacks, there generally needs to be some deal of damage evasion. Be it based simply on level, passive skills, whatever it may be, generally having strong evasion is a solid survival strategy to dealing with multiple hits quickly. Looking at Kirito, his equipment seems to reflect a reliance on auto-dodging, but as that likely wouldn't make sense in SAO, attacks that would normally 'miss' or 'be dodged' or otherwise evaded would likely become 'glancing blows'. If you decide that argument is too full of holes, consider another. To deal with the extra damage mobs deal as the game progresses, the AC of gear generally needs to rise quite a bit. Not necessarily exponentially, but with enough of a curve for there to be a balance between being overpowered and useless. This needs to be present whether you use heavy plate, chain, leather, or cloth. That bit of AC can do monumental effort in the way of damage reduction, be it by total mitigation or by softening blows. Consider now, with the high AC of an experienced, even raid-equipped player going against the sharpened kitchen utensils of a struggling lower level player, it would be surprising if any of the attacks from the bandits went through at all.
>>
>All this sudden talk about SAOs game mechanics
I'm glad Mothers Fagment fans are feeling at home
>>
Watching the original SAO with /a/ was totally dank.
>>
File: Akari~n!.png (363KB, 1024x1399px) Image search: [Google]
Akari~n!.png
363KB, 1024x1399px
You are now aware that Akarin voiced somebody in SAO.
You are now aware that her character only appeared once, and was pitifully forgettable.
>>
>>154199648
I look forward to watching woodcutter Kirito with /a/.
>>
>>154199478
I don't want you to think I am calling you stupid or anything, but all you said is just a assumption, the show never really explain how Kirito can easily survive the attack of 8 guys or something, that we don't know how strong they are. The only explanation the show gives is basicaly "Kirito has high level and HP regeneration noting can hurt him lol" and that's the kind of shitty you only see players that pays for premium itens from bad korean MMO pull off and not a well desing game.
>>
>>154201208
>The only explanation the show gives is basicaly "Kirito has high level and HP regeneration noting can hurt him lol"

That's it. His attackers are low levels that can't even out DPS his healing.
>>
>>154201208
Oh no, it makes perfect sense.
The damage mitigation on high-end gear is great.
Furthermore, he put his neck on the line often to get a battle healing skill because he knew it would be useful later. His assailants even remarked that he was an absolute madman for getting that skill.
But seriously, consider this:
Those guys he was up against were freaking weak.
Weak as hell.
They were throwing their Ton Po's Bo Stick of Understanding at his Maul of Shadows.
Sure Ton Po's is a great weapon, but you have to trade up eventually, it's a weapon for low leveled characters. You take that twig to a raid and nobody's gonna rez your stupid ass.
That's really the point of that scene. That strength of numbers is stronger than strength in numbers. That no matter how many grunts you throw at a task, it still won't add up to one person who knows what they're doing.
>>
Who's your favorite member or the Spurned Women's Club?
>>
Who here's going to see Gary Stu on the big screen on the ninth?
>>
>>154204525
>Spurned Women's Club
>Unironic Digimemes
>>
>>154204669
It's the best term for all of the women together. 'Kirito's harem' implies that he actually does anything with anyone but Asuna. 'Kirito's party' and 'Kirito's friends' could include Klein and Agil, all the women aren't in some guild I can call as a group term, and saying 'all Kirito's girl-friends' sounds weird.
>>
The general consensus is that the first 12 or so epsiodes are not as shitty as the rest, but still god awful
>>
>>154193772
I'll agree that it's fun to be mad at. I genuinely liked the OVA with the twin FEMC, but that's it. My roommate made me sit through it and she ate it up like a rich feast on Christmas - I suggested Konosuba to her, to show her an inversion of the tropes and she hated it — so to each their own.

If you like edgy stuff with an impossible mc and laughable world building the. sure, SOA is good.
>>
>>154194466
Nope, they're 14. They're 17 in the last season I believe.
>>
>>154193284
The first 3 eps, you should drop it already.
>>
The only decent part of SAO is the two CSI episodes.
>>
>>154204557
Already watched it, they censored the bath scene (what will the kids say?) but still was fantastic. Final boss was maximum hype.

Also the audience knew about the scene after the credits because only few of them left early
>>
>>154207126
You're wrong. Kirito is 14 and Asuna 15 when they get trapped, when they come out they're 16 and 17 respectively. By Mother's Rosario, Kirito is 17 and Asuna 18.
>>
>>154207298
Wait actually I'm not completely right. It's by Phantom Bullet they're already 17 and 18 respectively, which is before MR anyways but I forgot a year had already passed since Aincrad was beat when Kirito went into GGO.
>>
>>154207197
I get that they were rushed for time, but there had to have been a better way to end that miniarc in the anime.
>>
>you will never watch a Progressive anime adaptation with a mix of the LN details and the manga's shenanigans
>>
>>154207514
They might do it after Alicization, or between Alicization seasons if they split that arc up. They probably want to wait for more material anyway.
>>
>>154194436
Absurdly broken paralysis + contrived shit with dual wielding.

It gets dumber later on in the second half of season 1 then it's second season is just really straight-forward. Like no memes outside new harem girl's ass and attempted rape for the second time
>>
>Alternative is never going to be animated
>>
>>154207580
I figured by the time Alicization is over, Progressive would be on it's 6th or 7th volume since the arc has ended in the LN so Reki might dedicate more time to it, but isn't the conclusion of volume 4 a pretty good ending for a 1 cour anime? It seemed like a resolution to an ongoing arc from the 1st floor, although they still got another 5 floors of the Elf War Campaign to go since Kirito said it ends on the 10th (or was it 9th?) Floor.
>>
>>154201208
Overlord is a pretty badly designed game and people acknowledge it as good.

SAO issues are all character based/insane and extremely retarded plot induced stupidity (like Sachi, Kuradeel, the season 1 arc bosses). Bad game mechanics aren't even the tip of the iceberg here.
>>
>>154204525
Tie between Sinon and Klein
>>
>>154207718
9th, but the campaign could technically go beyond that, since they're on a different quest line from the beta.

I'm expecting them to do the entire Elf campaign arc in one go if it gets an adaption.
>>
>>154207800
>and people acknowledge it as good.
Overlord is pretty niche, it gets next to no discussion outside of the people who're really into it
>>
>>154207856
Well I can wait. So long as one day I get to watch Asuna's heart completely break when Kizmel dies I'll be satisfied. Please let her die, Kawahara.
>>
>>154207800
>Overlord
>good
I liked the concept, but the anime was a complete waste of time after the first couple episodes. The scrub arc was pointless, the battle against whatsherface was mildly amusing but pointless, the entire "plot" goes absolutely nowhere beyond "read the LN!"
>>
>>154207718
It does feel more like a midpoint in terms of arc since a) Kirito gets to lead the boss fight and finally meets the Laughing Coffin Leader and b) Asuna shows she can fend for herself in the game with her adventure in the underground.
>>
>>154208795
>b) Asuna shows she can fend for herself in the game with her adventure in the underground.
I thought that volume showed the opposite considering she lost her rapier, almost got discovered by laughing coffin without a good wepaon, couldn't bring herself to fight another person even as practice, got lost, fell down a trap, and can't handle ghost enemies. I guess you could say that was all bad luck but it felt like she still needed Kirito around and Kirito himself acknowledged he really needs to teach Asuna how to PvP if she's going to survive with PoH and his cronies walking around trying to cause PKs.
>>
>>154209008
I was more thinking about the fact she was able to get back her sword without him holding he hand and telling her what to do.
>>
>>154209197
Oh well I guess I do have to hand it to her to try something so bold.
>>
>>154208156
Considering her reaction in one of the side stories, pretty sure Kizmel dies. Maybe she even revives, but as a regular old mindless NPC.
>>
>>154208156
>Watch her heart break completely
Now that's just mean.
>>
>>154209612
Is it confirmed then that Progressive is intended to fit into existing canon instead of retconning it?
>>
>>154210217
It just works.
>>
>>154193284
It's bad. I gave the second season 2 episodes and dropped it.
>>
>>154210095
It's needed for development, I can't think of anything else that would turn her into the cold Asuna that doesn't give a shit about using NPCs as bait.
>>
>>154210217
Reki apologized at the end of volume 1 for inconsistencies, in particular the fact that Asuna and Kirito had been partying since the first boss battle and become infamous as the pair that kept "stealing" all good equipment and LA bonuses.
>>
>>154210445
I'd rather him retcon it, honestly, even if I doubt that's how it will end up. He should have done this from the start anyway.
>>
>>154210551
If it had just been Aria in Starless Night you could argue that it's just an issue of when they really had their first meeting, but since we're 4 volumes in we might as well consider it a retcon already. And the reason he didn't do it is because he wrote Aincrad back in what, 2002? for a submission and after he won an award for Accel World and got it serialized as a full LN series, they just picked up the SAO WB and published it with minor edits so I guess Dengeki was in part to blame along with an amateur finally getting recognition wanting to get his original baby out there.
>>
>>154210551
What would be the point of retconning it? He is never going to get to the more grisly stuff like the the wipeouts and deaths on the more dangerous floors. All he has established is what happened early on before the stuff degenerated and Heathcliff took over.
>>
the death game aspect is the real draw
>>
>>154212529
He could write less of the post-Alizication arc each year and move his focus to Progressive so that it can come out twice, or even three times a year instead of once. Then it's just be a matter of making two floors per volume like with the first volume and we'd end up at the 25th Floor boss wipe within 5 years.
>>
>>154199471

Who wouldn't? Just look at her! Keep in mind that her alter-ego is a busty elven maiden. That's nuclear right there.
>>
File: Bitches and Whores.png (151KB, 1000x862px) Image search: [Google]
Bitches and Whores.png
151KB, 1000x862px
>>
>>154212588
>>154212641

The only issue with the series is that Reki wrote himself into a corner.

Remember, SAO was a one-and-done. He wrote ONE novel, then came back to it years later. In it, he unfortunately wrote the start and the end of the Aincraid arc, like the fact the game ends on Level 70-something.

Everything else in between is just filler. It's like how Liz and Silica didn't even exist, they show up in the 'during the two years' stories.

He really should've gone full alternate-universe, to preserve some tension.
>>
Its a guilty pleasure of mine now. I remember reading what is now Vol 1 years ago on the web. It was a good read back then.
>>
>>154215396

I remember watching .hack for years, and realizing "This is boring as fucking shit." I'm surprised by how much I liked SAO in contrast to it, especially since the .hack anime and games were so, so bad.
>>
It's been more than a year since Progressive 4 came out, has there been any news about volume 5?
>>
>>154215207
This. The original SAO felt sparse and lacking in the game aspect because it was not a MMO story with romance aspects. It was a romance story in a MMO setting.
>>
>>154195476
also the sword Kirito was using around level 50 or something was still the best sword in the game all the way up to 75

what kind of mmo has the best place to grind for high-level gear be some random shitty area 20+ levels below the players
>>
File: 20170305_170811_764.jpg (2MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
20170305_170811_764.jpg
2MB, 1080x1920px
I watched a movie.
I read the novel from now.
This is a sub-episode of a movie.
>>
File: tumblr_m7a6at6qah1r45g3go1_1280.jpg (283KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m7a6at6qah1r45g3go1_1280.jpg
283KB, 1280x720px
This

And also nothing but the action really. Not the narrative or setting surrounding the action of course, those were both dumb as hell. But the fast-paced sword fights, the laser light show they passed off as sword clashes, those were halfway decent.

Of course none of the above matters when you have such terrible characters and writing.
>>
>>154193284
people who say SAO "started off strong" are the dumbest fucking Reddit circlejerking retards.

the series as a whole wasn't that bad, but the first episode was the worst one BY FAR
>>
>>154193284
>That crime investigation mini arc from season one
>Mother's Rosario
That's it, don't even care about anything else.
>>
>>154195729
>Progressive
You should be ashamed for recommending Control damage: The LN. The only reason it exist is because the author noticed how bad he handled the first two books.
On the other hand, he is talking about the anime, not the novel.
>>
The part with the dying girl isn't too bad. It's terribly cliched but so is the rest of the series.
>>
>>154196605
what the fuck, seriously? is this LN content?
>>
>>154217633
It's not happening for a while
>>
>>154193761
I liked the first arc and everything after which happened in their IRL. The Elf game itself was lame and they laid out this entire universe, but was left unexplored. So, aside from a couple of fights we really couldn't appreciate the second arc as much. Also, the MC relationship with Asuna was A+, the chemistry with those two were a highlight of the series. Even the relationship between MC and his sister was good—wished they actually did stuff. I just finished it a couple of days ago, hesitant starting the second season. But, probably will watch it because of relationship drama.
>>
>>154220972
>Also, the MC relationship with Asuna was A+,
it was only good in the first arc
when they actually ~~~fell in love~~~ and she turned into a pouting anime princess instead of forcing him at knifepoint to go on dates with her it got shitty
and then there's the whole ALO arc where Asuna's only role was sitting around in a cage while Oberon debated whether or not to rape her
>>
>>154221155
Really liked Asuna role in Ordinal Scale, there were lots of "lovey dovey" moments but she still shows some independence and even goes to one of the battlefields without Kirito.
>>
>>154220350
Yes, from Aria.
>>
>>154193284
Episode 1. Everything else is a waste of time.
>>
>>154220972
>Also, the MC relationship with Asuna was A+, the chemistry with those two were a highlight of the series
Is this a joke?
>>
Silica a cute.
>>
>>
File: 1343578027075.gif (277KB, 477x566px) Image search: [Google]
1343578027075.gif
277KB, 477x566px
>>
File: 1345463553545.gif (348KB, 325x300px) Image search: [Google]
1345463553545.gif
348KB, 325x300px
>>
File: 07.jpg (523KB, 1280x1836px) Image search: [Google]
07.jpg
523KB, 1280x1836px
Silica is a fake imouto!
>>
Is this movie any good? Should I watch it next week?
>>
File: 1486742965929.jpg (77KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
1486742965929.jpg
77KB, 1200x675px
Silica is an Aidoru!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7X3STnscxeM
>>
File: 02.jpg (2MB, 1738x5472px) Image search: [Google]
02.jpg
2MB, 1738x5472px
>>154193284
>What's the high point of this series?
Progressive.
>>
>thread about autistically complaining why SAO (the game) does not function like WoW, therefore SAO (the series) is bad
>>
>>154194222
Who?
>>
File: IMG_7935.png (2MB, 2208x1242px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7935.png
2MB, 2208x1242px
Please give me your attention
I'll introduce to you
A man that is a credit to
Our Chinese animu!
His author is even dumber
yet his show isn't a flop!
he is a common Mary Sue
and his name is Mr. Glop.
And Glop he thinks he may
Be a decent protagonist some day.

[CHORUS]
Oh, Mr. Glop,
you were born by mistake,
You take the caek.
You make us ache.
Tie a rock to your cock
and go jump in a lake.
Kindly do that for anime's sake!

Yes, Mr. Glop is lucky; he found a girl, by gee!
He got himself seven bitches, they even cooked and cleaned for free.
They went into a dungeon, came out with enough gold to fill a truck,
And when they got back in the evening, they argued whose turn it was to fuck.
So he shouted, "If you give each other's crotches a lick, I'll do you all right quick!"

Glop hiked back to the city, but wasn't happy laying low.
He said, "I'll join a guild, the great K. of the B.O."
He went out for training in the morning, nearly got killed before noon.

He'd be out there pushing daisies, if his waifu hadn't ran to him so soon!
The guild leader said, "You see,
You've got my apology."

When the final battle came he shouted, "Let's you and I fight fair!"
The GM did oblige him, gee in anime that's rare,
But the second time it happened, Mr. Glop nearly faced defeat.

Till he overcame his opponent,
And stabbed him in the street!

Unfortunately, I'm sad to say, Mr. Glop has yet to die,
He's still making the plebs squee and causing us to all ask, "Why?"

He has a movie coming, a third season too!
Prolonging the agony to be suffered by me and you.

And his author says, even the story hasn't all come out.
So we'll probably keep seeing Mr. Glop until the money all runs out!

(With apologies to Joe Hill)
>>
>>154193284
The first arc is the strongest one. That doesn't mean it's actually that good tough. It does get a bit better as the first arc goes on though.
>>
>>154193284
Arc1 is good, Arc2 is mediocre, Arc3 and 4 are shit, Alicization is a plot reset with mediocre plot.
Don't watch past the first serie if you really have to.
>>
What do you guys think about SAO:abridged?
>>
File: 1328178158103.jpg (149KB, 553x576px) Image search: [Google]
1328178158103.jpg
149KB, 553x576px
>that one girl who actually had AIDS

It's unbelievable how bad SAO is. Legitimately one of the worst written shows to ever exist.
>>
>>154226233
If there is one good thing that came out of SAO existing, is that abridged series.
>>
File: Sword.Art.Online.full.1224722.jpg (666KB, 800x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Sword.Art.Online.full.1224722.jpg
666KB, 800x1024px
I wanna kidnap little Silica.
>>
>>154227000
Wha- What would you do to h- her?
>>
>>154204669
>he doesn't worship Digibro
what are you, a pleb?
>>
File: 1486931783241.jpg (17KB, 396x382px) Image search: [Google]
1486931783241.jpg
17KB, 396x382px
>>
>>154199471
>Also I accidentally fell in love with pic related.
Me too.
>>
File: you can't be serious.jpg (68KB, 244x269px) Image search: [Google]
you can't be serious.jpg
68KB, 244x269px
>>154219020
>He hasn't actually read progressive
>Talking as if he has any idea what he's saying
Progressive at this point is as distinctly different yet oddly similar as Accel World.
>>
>>154227265
Increasingly good at it etc etc.
>>
>>154224582
This actually made me chuckle.
Is the rest like this?
>>
>>154227062
Give her the deban.
>>
>>154225099
This is annoying.

Mainly because it's nitpicking when there are more obvious reasons why SAO isn't good.
>>
>>154226233
It's competent but it's not a competent enough rewrite to make SAO more than a 6.5/10
>>
>>154227531
>more obvious reasons
Which are rarely brought up, you yourself didn't even bother to list one. Probably because SAO is just an okay show. Since there's nothing to complain about the only thing left is to nitpick, which is a really common thing in all human artworks.
>>
>>154224582
Argo a cute.
>>
>>154224093
I'm going to watch it today just because my friend wants to go
Dunno if it's going to be any good
>>
File: 020.png (2MB, 2000x1437px) Image search: [Google]
020.png
2MB, 2000x1437px
>>154227441
Of course not, it's a nightmarish death game after all.
>>
>>154227593
SAO's issues are lowest common denominator shit + character writing (everyone is very 1D outside the black guy who exists for info dumps and Klein and even then those two are very basic)

I do like some of the technology marches on themes in the show but SAO's more retarded plot points are why it's seen as an anti-Christ of anime/LNs.
>>
>>154227731
>Abridged Kirito in manga form

Well the sheer autism anyway.
>>
Kirito goes into a coma because of the evil NSA.

The surviving Law guys try to train up a peasant army in preparation for the Chaos invasion (Chaos are led by the literal God of Darkness who is also an evil NSA agent who eats souls like rape).

They get rekt, but Kirito's harem save them with GM accounts and deebeezeee powerlevels.

NSA connect UW to the internet and get 50,000 American players to connect (it was advertized to them as a beta test for a new AO-rated VRMMO where you're allowed to slaughter anything and everything you like, with blood and guts), they mass murder UW residents and think it's hilarious.

To defeat them the main characters get 2,000 Japanese VRMMO players to connect. Despite the difference in numbers the Japanese are superior and win because Asian gamer damashii.

Then PoH (who is also an evil NSA agent) unleashes a zerg rush of Korean and Chinese gamers who were recruited by being told this is the a Korean VRMMO that's in beta test but evil Japanese hackers broke into the server, turned off pain dampening and are torturing their countrymen.

Even when some Japs who speak Korean try to explain the situation to them they don't listen because hurr japanese

The other NSA guys are surprised this works, they thought it wouldn't be worth it because they didn't think Japan is more different from Korea/China than European countries are from each other (hur)

Koreans and Chinese overwhelm Japs because this is every Jap's worst nightmare.

Kirito wakes up (thanks to the literal POWER OF LOVE from his entire harem) and wipes them all out in one attack though.

(Also PoH's motivation is that he's Korean and he hates Japanese so when he got stuck in SAO he decided to set up Laughing Coffin and have them and the clearers kill each other for shits and giggles because Nips killing each other is hilarious.)

Kirito and Asuna become gods because of x10000000 acceleration.

The AIs explore VR space with rocket dragons.
>>
>>154227731
Reminder that Kirito canonically has 3 sets of underwear, one of which is specifically worn for battle. Battle undies.
>>
>>154227802
Also PoH is now a tree.
>>
>>154227743
I think that part of the lack of character building beyond Kirito himself is because the series is split between four different arcs in two cours and the MC isn't of the weak type (like Haru, though he's on the other extreme). There's no time to develop the other supporting characters and there's not much change in Kirito simply because there's no reason for him to change beyond the initial melancholy after losing the Black Cats.

If SAO was the entirety of the first season and ALO + GGO was the second, I think it would have flowed better. Also writing a better duel with Kayaba instead of that copout, it wasn't that difficult to avoid that asspull.
>>
>>154193284
The first arc is just as terrible as the rest of the franchise. Don't fall for the "first half of SAO is good" meme.
>>
File: 1487542952749.jpg (130KB, 960x544px) Image search: [Google]
1487542952749.jpg
130KB, 960x544px
What did she mean by this?
>>
>>154220972
What chemistry? Asuna had more chemistry with freaking Yuuki Konno than her own boyfriend.
>>
First 4-5 episodes were nice, after that its just shit
>>
>>154228708
Hollow Fragments still has the best 'Ultimate' Armors to me compared to the other games.
>>
>>154218355
Tree of Savior
Grind den Vubb blood and Battle brace
>>
>>154193284
Episode 1 is a poorly done exposition dump to set up the premise.
Episode 2 has some action and gets the viewer involved in the MMO setting.
Episode 3 has emotional stakes and is really the only time the "death game" part matters and kills someone important. This is the peak of SAO. It's literally all downhill from here.
>>
>>154230350
Stop it anon, you're bringing up memories of painful grinds.
>>
>>154194436
>MMO where bosses die permanently, giving an immediate lifespan to the game and locking content away from 99% of the playerbase
>combat options are limited to melee weapons, literally no other options exist
>dual wielding locked to a secret skill arbitrarily given to only one person in the entire game
>dual wielding is remarkably more powerful than single-sword fighting
>one random player gets a significant advantage in every way compared to every other player in the game
>grinding solo is more efficient than in a party, even in dungeons
And there are tons of other smaller examples that are more a misrepresentation of what actual gamers and MMO players would act like, rather than actual flaws with the basic game design.
>>
>>154195935
>tfw you realise the bitch had absolutely NO reason to involve Kirito and Asuna in the murder-mystery plot, but she went out of her way to anyway because Kawahara couldn't construe a plausible way for them to get involved otherwise
>>
>>154193284
"SAO is shit" is overforced meme. Amount of flaws in it is around average but since everyone keep talking about it you unconsciously pay more attention to them than you otherwise would
>>
>>154231202

Or maybe it's actually just complete garbage.
>>
>>154193284
>What's the high point of this series
Premise of the novel that you read 7 years ago
>>
>>154231559
Fuck off contrarian hipster faggot.
>>
>>154194436
>explain
SAO is as much about MMOs as Naruto is about ninjas
>>
>>154231035
The worst about it all is that there is no healer. MMO without a healer is beyond retarded.
>>
>>154193284

Are you a lonely teen that wishes for a world where your videogames "skills" make you popular and only 1% of the girl avatars in games are controlled of ugly faggots instead of being the other way around? If you do then watch it so you can self insert as Kirito. If not just ignore.
>>
Aincard arc was good, anything after that is garbage

Alicization will save the series though
>>
File: 1309564847614.jpg (39KB, 305x315px) Image search: [Google]
1309564847614.jpg
39KB, 305x315px
>>154231957

If you think SAO is good you are actually retarded.
>>
>>154232286
Ancrad was shit and Alicization is even more fucking retarded than anything so far
>>
>>154232338
Nobody here thinks SAO is good, but only digibro and secondaries say SAO is the worst anime ever made.
>>
>>154231559
Way to prove my point
>>
If Kirito wasnt a Deus Ex Machina and we could see him actually work to be the best this series would be good

But no instead we get to see Kirito fail something then immediately lmao I'm MC and now I win because plot.
>>
File: red truth.png (109KB, 323x424px) Image search: [Google]
red truth.png
109KB, 323x424px
>>154232412
SAY IT IN RED YOU FUCKER
>>
>>154232439
Who the fuck is digibro?
>>
>>154232575
The only time Kirito's fight with a 'big bad' didn't involve somebody else (Heathcliff, Cardinal) handing him victory, he got his ass handed to him.
>>
>>154231202
Aincrad wasn't that good but it was at least bearable. The rest was legit utter trash bar Mother's Rosario.
>>
Silica is the cutest.
>>
File: 65d5ea62.jpg (30KB, 600x334px) Image search: [Google]
65d5ea62.jpg
30KB, 600x334px
This is a Silicahead. Pina likes to roost on Silicaheads.
>>
File: c3ae77f982e0f537c08a47b7a32e3a28.gif (1017KB, 500x250px) Image search: [Google]
c3ae77f982e0f537c08a47b7a32e3a28.gif
1017KB, 500x250px
Silicaheads are for headpatting tenderly.
>>
>>154232883
>>154233079
>>154233115
Lisbeth is the cutest. She has cute hair and an adorable personality. Silica is just imoutobait.
>>
At least Log Horizon and Overlord authors actually played games.
>>
File: 009.png (209KB, 841x1200px) Image search: [Google]
009.png
209KB, 841x1200px
Poor little Silica.
>>
>>154232575

I think it would be worse if they added a "muh rise to greatness" plot. Kirito being already capable of winning but having to anxiously for it is like, the tone.
>>
>>154233158
so like this?
>>154224073
>>
>>154233204
Why people claim that sao is bad game? I'd play it
>>
>>154233246
Precisely.
>>
>>154233261
Enjoy your brain microwaves.
>>
>>154232778
iirc a youtube whose made his rep slamming SAO. think like rlm with star wars prequels.
>>
>>154233261
I would too.
Hell, I'd be much more motivated to pay it if I knew I'd be trapped and it would be a death game.
>>
>>154233283
What's rlm?
>>
>>154233298
>>154233282
What did he mean by this >>154233204 then?
>>
>>154232575
I think honestly no one cares about Kirito's struggles. Other than the first guild he joined all dying pathetically there is really nothing interesting about him. People like the side characters whether it's Asuna in SAO or Progressiv, AIDS-chan in MR, Sinon in GGO or Alice in Alicization.
>>
>>154231559
Trying too hard.

If you wanna be an edgelord say something hating SAO so much you wanna kill and fornicate with the dead body of the author
>>
>>154218355
I used to play a game called 4Story.
The best gear you could find and craft both was for level 34, even though the max level was 59 at launch. Now it's like 150 but the gear didn't change.
The only way to improve your level 34 gear was cash shop stuff, sounds very shitty, but the trading was actually fun.
>>
>>154193284

SAO's characters can be really cringey, especially the villains. But I feel as though that cringiness has some basis in reality considering how fucked up MMO lovers are. It's kind of fun in that way.
>>
>>154233204
Their games are still fucking unbalanced messes.

Then again I'm not sure what is worse: knowing how an MMO works and a game is beyond busted or not knowing how they work and getting some surreal and unbalanced mechanics.
>>
>>154233261
Well I have 2 Reason

1. Dual Wielding can be unlocked by 1 player in the whole game only
2. "Sword" Art Online, I want to play with fucking a Mace
>>
>>154231984
Agreed.
There are some games that mixed the formular up a bit, but i'm pretty sure the best part about every PvE experience is presented best by the role of a healer.
SAO makes it look like everyone just mindlessly bashes a monster in hope not to get hit.
>>
>>154233639
>One of the main side-characters uses a mace and is criminally adorable
>Nobody notices
When your equipment is busted and needs repair, don't come crawling back to her.
>>
File: Mace.jpg (77KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Mace.jpg
77KB, 800x600px
>>154233718
Blacksmiths Hammer not as effective as using a weapon that was mode for combat
>>
>>154233261
Of course you would want to play a game with future technology, but if you take that away there isn't much left.
>>
>>154233848
She uses a mace you imbecile.
>>
>>154233879
Like I fucking remember, I only watched it once when it airedyou cretin
>>
>>154233639
1.Unique skills only were added because Kayaba wanted to create his own world
2.You can? There were characters who used axes, maces etc
>>
Would you give her your deban?
>>
>>154235208
Whats deban
>>
>>154193284
The first half of the first episode.
>>
>>154218768
>the series as a whole wasn't that bad,
Kill yourself.
>>
>>154235561
Haters in a nutshell
>>
I'm disappointed that no one has actually tried to kill SAO's author. People like him don't deserve to live.
>>
>>154193284
I liked it up until the second cour. The fact that he gets out of the inescapable situation so quickly disappointed me. They could have spent the entire series in Sword Art Online instead of getting out halfway through and then willingly going back to play some elf game to wake Asuna up from the rape guy (?)

I watched the second season too and I wouldn't really say any of this series is good. It was mindless fun but I'd never watch it a second time.
>>
>>154236025
Hello, edgylord. This 18+ site
>>
>>154193284
It is nothing special
>>
>>154236245
Almost everyone outside Japan hates SAO.

Wanting the author to be publicly dismembered is justified because everyone with common sense hates his lowest common denominator tripe
>>
>>154236522
Haters outside japan hate it. A lot of ppl like it also. I mean why'd you do live action series based on hated show
>>
File: 1487216486511.jpg (109KB, 949x896px) Image search: [Google]
1487216486511.jpg
109KB, 949x896px
>The people against SAO are edgier and cringier than the edgiest and cringiest antagonists in SAO
>>
Do yourselves a favor and watch LH season 1 instead. It's an actually good take on the MMO style and the political stuff is actually quite exciting.
>>
>>154236881
>Dude hehe let's like dude sandwiches hehe dude like sell them dude sadwiches aha
>>
File: slut_senses_loser.png (1MB, 1280x738px) Image search: [Google]
slut_senses_loser.png
1MB, 1280x738px
>>154232338
>Being this edgy
>>
>>154237108
>Liking shit

This is why Reki Kawahara needs to be carved up with a chainsaw and his corpse fucked, then forcibly fed to the shit eaters who enjoy his shit
>>
File: dozo.png (305KB, 960x541px) Image search: [Google]
dozo.png
305KB, 960x541px
>>154237735
Maybe you're jealous of how great of a universe and story he created. Also the pairing with MC and Asuna. Nobody will say it's perfect, but it's still a good anime. Psycho.
>>
IT felt rushed,
Trapped in an Deadly VRMMO for 2 Years?
Just 14 episode it and they're out so we can do the retarded Part 2 where death doesn't matter anymore
>>
>>154237993
I thought it would be better if they just had a reboot of SAO (SAO II or something) instead of the ALF game. Though, I thought their interactions in the real world was neat, especially with the main protagonist at the end.
>>
>>154236635

Twilight got like 3 movies too so what is your point?
>>
>>154238285
Money speaks and the hatedom regardless of how justified they are don't matter.

Seriously the only way to end SAO is lack of profit or stabbing the author. I recommend the latter because letting a hack enjoy so much money from royalties is awful
>>
>>154238402
Even if you stab the author, there is still enough material for at least 2 more seasons and a movie.
>>
>>154237993
I can't help but wonder how much of a different timeline it would be if Aincrad got its own season of relevance, and then two seasons later Fairy Dance came, but this time not rushed and without cutting 60% of the story.
>>
You are now aware that Savos Aren voiced somebody in SAO's english dub.
>>
>>154237993
Rushed skip till 74th level was biggest disappointment.
>>154238285
There is pretty big twilight fanbase too. Thats my point
>>
>>154239455
Yeah it just feels fucking lazy

>Here's a few episode leading to why Kirito went Solo
>Time to skip 2 years
>Whoops, Kirito is fucking OP now because he played fucking Hardcore for 2 years, That's all you have to know

It felt like the Gurren Lagann Timeskip, out of nowhere just skipping years and saying nothing happened during that
>>
>>154193284
i realy like aids chan arc

is the only point in the whole series that i consider to be actualy good
>>
>>154195682

>AW
AW have a main character that have realistic emotional problems and have a reason to be good at games. But even if he is really good he always finds someone that might be as better or stronger than he is. What creates drama and makes the MC fight to be the best, even when he is just being used by the main chick because he is good at games. also the fights take more than 29 seconds each episode.

>SAO
SAO tells a history about a guy who is a god at video games because fuck it he is the main character, that never loses to nobody because fuck it he is the main character , and every chick wants his D because fuck it he is the main character , and then he keep being an emo because he lost his waifu number 1, just to find another one later, also he is able to break the game killing a imortal player and moving faster than the game had programed the characters to be, because fuck it he is the main character , then later he fights a bad guy that hates him , because fuck it he is the main villain ,
>>
>>154198737
we got to number 15 in spanish

prety sure some one is translating the translation somewere. they did it to volume 9.
>>
>>154241630
Seriously? When did 9 come out?
>>
File: file.png (10KB, 342x237px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
10KB, 342x237px
>>154241669
about a year ago. unfortuneraly i did not download the spanish ones yet.
>>
>>154193284
Its shit
>>
>>154239455
>and without cutting 60% of the story
It's been a while, but wasn't the only thing they cut the Underworld segment? Basically one episode worth of content. Probably the best part of Fairy Dance, but still, a very small portion of it.
>>
>>154244109
Numbers get inflated when they cut something you really like.
Not only that, but without it, Tonkii being abruptly introduced in SAO 2 makes no sense.
>>
File: 1488603133933.png (350KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1488603133933.png
350KB, 1280x720px
>>154218768
> the series as a whole wasn't that bad
>>
I liked the first part. I got a couple episodes into the second and stopped though.
>>
>>154228708
Blackswordsman has mmo aids.
>>
>>154236522
>
Singapoor loves it, anon.
>>
>>154194896
>>154194954
So correct me if I am wrong, you'd go:

Progressive -> Alternative -> Alicization

Basically avoiding the very first volumes written by Kawahara. Right?
>>
>>154195682
>Eric Cartman is a pussy anime
>Heroine is daugghteru of blackswordsman
Delusional.
>>
>>154199471
Elf imoutos are for ???
>>
>>154247539
No.
Progressive.
Then the first novels, but read the epilogue first on the first volume so you start out with a bit of forgiveness for Reki.
Then some time after you finish volume 6, read Alternative.
Then when you finish Alternative (Which is just a side story that takes place in GGO, which is why you need to read GGO first) just keep reading the main LNs. Alicization is volume 9-17.
>>
>>154247697
>epilogue
You mean Afterword.
>>
>>154247738
That's the one. In any case, it'd be wise to read that first.
>>
>>154241630
I have until volume 18 in spanish, but only from volume 5 that is where the anime ended, i can upload it if anyone is interested
>>
>>154193284
It was shit from the beginning. Watch Log Horizon instead.
>>
Wow, nice general, faggots.
>>
>>154249798
Id rather have an anime with action every episode or 2 than be bombarded with conversation for the next 5 then some action.
>>
File: 1484752945595.jpg (96KB, 488x432px) Image search: [Google]
1484752945595.jpg
96KB, 488x432px
>>154249879
>The first SAO thread in quite some time
>General
>>
>>154193284
Anything /a hates is a good show.
Anything /a likes will be hated once the new meta smell wears off
>>
File: 1483938472079.gif (3MB, 480x266px) Image search: [Google]
1483938472079.gif
3MB, 480x266px
>tried watching SAO to prepare myself for the SAO movie
>mfw I may drop the show after the Aincrad arc and not bother with the rest due to how boring the show got after it lost all urgency
>mfw it turned out I didn't have to watch the show to enjoy Ordinal Scale since it's apparently friendly to newcomers
>>
Watch it until episode 14. There is absolutely nothing at all waiting for you after the Aincrad arc. Immediately move on to Overlord, dothack, and log horizon.
And Konosuba.
>>
File: jfkassassination.webm (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
jfkassassination.webm
2MB, 640x360px
>>154252040
He's lying. Once you finish episode 14, read the LN, but skip right to Fairy Dance. Also, only watch SAO 2 long enough to see this gem.
>>
>>154252133
I dont know anything about the LN but I admit I forgot about that scene.
>>
>>154252300
The only thing more memorable than that masterpiece was the camera zoom on Sinon's ass, how the hell could you forget it?
>>
File: 1419092678244.jpg (119KB, 822x973px) Image search: [Google]
1419092678244.jpg
119KB, 822x973px
>>154250886
Well yeah, the beginning did have an introduction to the series and what happened. Though if you skipped out on the 2nd season completely you probly missed out on the thrill of seeing Yuuki again beside Asuna when she used Mother's Rosario in the final fight.
>>
>>154247575
>>Heroine is daugghteru of blackswordsman

More and more unlikely now we know the connections between SAO and AW. 'Sides Reki has denied them being related from the start. He would never have Kirito x Asuna turn into a broken family.
>>
>>154253387
Has it been disproved yet whether Graphite Edge is Kirito or not?
>>
>>154253387
>Reki's statements on AW's relation to SAO have gone from "they are in no way related" to "they're not the same timeline" to "KYH isn't Kirito's kid"
>>
>>154253435
It's either him or a fluctlight copy of him.
>>
File: Vol19_0013.jpg (848KB, 1509x2190px) Image search: [Google]
Vol19_0013.jpg
848KB, 1509x2190px
>>154253487
Well he has established now that Accel World is tied to Alicization in someway.
>>
>>154224348
Ubiquitous dB Silica ver. where?
>>
>>154252133
Nigga what
>>
File: image.png (2MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2MB, 2048x1536px
The highest point was the show ending. It started of ok but quickly dropped from being tolerable to being unbearable.
>>
>>154247539
>Basically avoiding the very first volumes written by Kawahara. Right?

Nah, a lot of the Aincrad content is in the very first volumes.
>>
File: 1486735101848.webm (3MB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
1486735101848.webm
3MB, 853x480px
lol
>>
What did everyone think of the Pokemon GO movie?
>>
>>154256347
He gets better, his fight against Eiji is the second best in the movie.
>>
>>154256477
I wasn't aware it was out. Is anyone even subbing it
>>
File: 1485036892857.png (966KB, 1104x621px) Image search: [Google]
1485036892857.png
966KB, 1104x621px
>>154256477
It's an odd feeling to see those faces again after so long.
>>
>>
>>154256477
>tumblr
>>
>>154256524
Nah, it's just a preview. Comes out on the 9th I think.
>>
File: tumblr_ogrjq51Uj81rnsvkoo1_1280.gif (152KB, 540x267px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ogrjq51Uj81rnsvkoo1_1280.gif
152KB, 540x267px
>>
File: tumblr_ol230rmv6z1qekr89o2_540.gif (2MB, 540x304px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ol230rmv6z1qekr89o2_540.gif
2MB, 540x304px
>>
File: tumblr_ol230rmv6z1qekr89o4_540.gif (2MB, 540x304px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ol230rmv6z1qekr89o4_540.gif
2MB, 540x304px
>>
So if Aincrad some monsters show up in the movie, does Gleam Eyes also make a cameo?
>>
File: tumblr_ol230rmv6z1qekr89o1_540.gif (2MB, 540x304px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ol230rmv6z1qekr89o1_540.gif
2MB, 540x304px
>>
File: tumblr_oeiox30qiD1rnsvkoo1_540.gif (1MB, 540x265px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oeiox30qiD1rnsvkoo1_540.gif
1MB, 540x265px
>>
File: 1487427504958.jpg (16KB, 580x435px) Image search: [Google]
1487427504958.jpg
16KB, 580x435px
>>
File: 1487428124572.webm (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1487428124572.webm
1MB, 1280x720px
Season 3 soon.
>>
Why is the whole "first half of SAO was good" meme still a thing when it was equally as shit as the rest of the series?
>>
>>154256322
Only read the first part after he leaves Klein. Then read First Day and then Progressive.
>>
>>154257102
Something about the mediocrity of the first didn't have absurd sexual fetish implications. Kuradeel was a thing but there were no tentacle monsters
>>
>>154256699
Goddamn.
>>
>>154257913
>>
>>154257913
You should pay more attention.
>>
>>154256478
>>154256779
>>154256779
>>154256823
>>154256873
>>154256932
Yes Eiji was the best thing that came out of this movie.
>>
>>154258003
>>154258305
Dammit Silica.
>>
>>154258674
It isn't her fault she's so molestable.
>>
The best person to come out of the pit of hell that is SAO is Sinon. But in the end even she suffered from shit writing and Kirito's dongle magic.
>>
>>154258490
too bad he was such a beta. couldn't even save his waifu in game.
>>
>>154258490
I think you mean Yuna. Eiji was pretty cool though and was also nice to see Kirito fight against an equal of sorts instead of someone older like Kayaba or the fairy dude.
>>
>>154258826
Kirito's shit with Sinon was one of the funniest things i have ever watched.
this fucking guy comes in a gun game, beats everyone with a sword cuz 'hes fast' meets some chick whose traumatized for life. within 3 days of knowing her he tracks down some lady she saved almost 10 years ago, and gives her a speech and all of a sudden shes fine.
he also introduces asuka who hes fucked continuously over a year as his "friend" and has sinon drop to the backline with the other girls.
for fucks sake her romantic interest was turned into a psychopathic rapist just so kirito could come save the day in the most retarded way.
>ill send the cops over
>rapist attacks her
>no cops arrive, BUT KIRITO BODY CHECKS HIM
>>
>>154259413
Reminder that 40% of the players in SAO died. Think of all the qt waifus who couldn't be saved.
>>
>>154259563
Asada.wav is glorious.
>>
>>154259413
Fair enough, I can only agree with this.
He was a pussy
Though irl he is fucking Alpha and cool now.
>>154259488
Yes Yuna was nice, but well I still like Eiji more as I like cheaters in a general way.
And yes it was quite a duel and for once between two players.
>>
>>154259563
IRL Kirito was so weak. He was getting his ass kicked and had to be saved by sinon with that radio to the head even after getting a free shot to the face at first.
>>
File: 1482427925872.jpg (266KB, 388x402px) Image search: [Google]
1482427925872.jpg
266KB, 388x402px
>Most anticipated MMO
>Japan Only
>10k Player first Day

SAO was a big fucking flop as a game
>>
>>154226548
I fucking laughed my sides off when I first saw that, I could not believe something like that was shoehorned into a show like this
>>
FUCKING NORMIES GET OF REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>154262673
Stop bumping the thread faggot.
>>
Any of you faggots going to the 06.04. screening in Hamburg? Me and friends are gonna have a seat next to the Loveseats and hope that we can laugh our asses off at the actual fans.
>>
>>154260597
Kazuto was a shut-in with a scrawny physique. That speaks volumes about his strength.

Also him and Sinon look much better together than him and Asuna. Sinon has a much more fun personality once she is done with her trauma.

>dat comment when she got Kirito the Excalibur sword
I bet Asuna was thiiiis close to destroying her headgear in latent rage
>>
>>154263019
>Also him and Sinon look much better together than him and Asuna.
Sure in a completely platonic way. Sinon seems like the trope where you fuck around a lot but never go all the way

Asuna is just settle down with tier.
>>
>This thread is still alive

To this day it still surprise me the amount of irrational hipster hate this anime gets, funny thing is the piece of shit subreddit of anime now is saying that sao is average, but they dont say is the worst anime ever made, seems like people here still want to be a contrarian hipster.
>>
Silica is the cutest!
>>
>>154263053
Asuna is a different type of shut-in. She's a girl from a rich house with a lot of expectations put on her. She craves some of that escapism.
>>
>>154237982
>good
>great universe
>good story
(You)
>>
>>154263370
>Doubting the Rekiverse
I don't even like SAO that much, but I'm trapped by his world.
>>
>>154263132
Silica may be cute, but she's only cute in a little sister type way. Meanwhile Lisbeth has a cute personality, and would make a wonderful wife.
>>
>>154263615
Makes for some great fanfiction.
>>
>>154263615
I'd rather be trapped inside SAO.
>>
>>154263649
I agree wholeheartedly. Lizbeth would have been a good waifu for Kirito if not Blandsuns.
>>
>>154263883
I can't help but feel like all the people clinging onto the claim that SAO isn't shit just want to be stuck inside themselves. Myself included.
>>
>>154263892
>Blandsuns.
Blandsuna, you fucking phone
>>
>>154263894
Well I won't argue with that. I mean be it an excuse to be failing at our lives or the wish to live something interesting in our lives for once, or even to kill people. The idea in itself is one of the greatest.
>>
>>154263929
What's a Blandsuns?
>>
>>154194305
It has no ranged attacks.
The difference between a tank and a fighter is that the tank blocks the attack with the shield and the fight dodges.
But their dmg overall is basically the same.
There's also no magic whatsoever except for crystals that cant be used because every boss fight is a crystal forbidden zone.
>>
Will 56 episode of alicization save the series?
>>
>>154263975
>No ranged attacks
Spotted the secondary
>>
I think it's a great concept, like many said it's unfortunate that the ALF game seemed like a rush. If they ended the initial SAO after Asuna not waking up, I think people would like it a lot more.
>>
File: IMG_8510.png (2MB, 2208x1242px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8510.png
2MB, 2208x1242px
By the way, is anyone going to see Ordinal Scale in theaters this thursday?
>>
>>154263070
Fuck off shill
>>
>>154193284
>Is my hope misplaced?

Yes. The other seasons are just same shit but with wings and lel girl fantasy.
>>
>>154264149
Alicization is just uyoku dantai crap that /pol/'s been shilling. There's a pretty good pasta summary that's been floating around here.
>>
>>154265363
this one?
>>154227802
>>
>>154265243
>live in eastern europe
>cinemas never heard of chinese cartoons

I'll be watching it in 6 months when it gets released on blu ray and pity subbed by some bored guy for practice
>>
>>154265395
Aye, thank you for pointing it out. Caffeine hasn't kicked in yet.
>>
File: 1488359832500.png (204KB, 370x420px) Image search: [Google]
1488359832500.png
204KB, 370x420px
>>154265558
I shouldn't say this but even Western europe saw it before you.
>>
>>154263975
>But their dmg overall is basically the same.
No. Tanks output less damage. I forget if xp gain is related to damage dealt, but it was said that it was hard to grind a tank, especially solo.
>There's also no magic whatsoever except for crystals that cant be used because every boss fight is a crystal forbidden zone.
Not until late.

>>154265243
Is that an ad listing for their cabin on the 22nd floor?
>>
>>154267101
According to the latest game I don't remember the name because II played it at friend's, the dodging is rather reminescent of Bloodborne right, or you can have other dodging moves?
>>
>>154256851
yes
>>
>>154267443
Haven't gotten around to playing Bloodborne, but the main damage mitigation techniques for classes are dodge, parry, block, and chain-stuns. In the games, the dodges are modeled like sidesteps, I think. In the canon, "dodging" is whatever you can do to get out of the way.

Note that even if you dodge, attacks that land close to you will still do concussive damage, and even if you parry, if there is a disparity in level (i.e. player against boss), you will still take damage. Blocks can only be done when you have a shield equipped and apparently gives you a heavy penalty to agility. This is modeled in the SAO games as losing your ability to Dodge. As far as "stuns" go, a sufficiently powerful attack will essentially put a brief interrupt on the boss. However, there is also a delay at the end of your sufficiently powerful attack, so it's difficult for you to take advantage of it. But if you're partied, you can take turns spamming powerful moves and essentially stunlocking the enemy.
>>
File: 1458276000400.png (409KB, 640x338px) Image search: [Google]
1458276000400.png
409KB, 640x338px
>>154193284
Progressive manga is fun.

Also, very fast pink chibi running at an incredible speed - spinoff is somewhat alright.

The rest of the SAO franchise is shit
>>
>>154265768
I shouldn't say this but even México saw it before you.
>>
>>154267882
>very fast pink chibi running at an incredible speed

Does Sinon ever show up? Anyone from the main series?
>>
>>154268234
No, and that's the main point. It is a standalone work with its own self-contained story and characters. Sinon gets a mention as one of the 5 holders of the anti-material rifles on the Jap server but thats about it. So far 2/3 books translated.
>>
>>154193284
Trap Kirito
>>
http://isec-csm.ipa.go.jp/download/sao-security-handbook.pdf

Himura Kiseki
>>
File: 1488493796769.png (789KB, 611x720px) Image search: [Google]
1488493796769.png
789KB, 611x720px
>>154267916
>>
>>154193967

It became popular, and the LNs got insanely popular too. Both the anime and novels sell in almost 50 languages and are still going strong. Basically you have to hate this stuff if you want to be a cool kid, because even years after its launch it still sells more that whatever shitty seasonal anime you think is like.
>>
File: who's this pokemon.png (124KB, 356x529px) Image search: [Google]
who's this pokemon.png
124KB, 356x529px
>>154269251
Cute.

Translations when?
Translations never.
>>
>>154269319
also "koe no katachi" proximamente
>>
File: 1488297870675.jpg (141KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
1488297870675.jpg
141KB, 800x450px
>>154270021
>>
To those who have seen it:
How was Ordinal Scale?
>>
>>154274024
too long, good fights, not enough Sinon/Sugu
>>
>>154274024
Great fights.
Thread posts: 386
Thread images: 71

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.