[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>only last two episodes have some kind of plot line Why do

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7

File: cowboy reddito.png (53KB, 475x354px) Image search: [Google]
cowboy reddito.png
53KB, 475x354px
>only last two episodes have some kind of plot line
Why do people like this show so much?
>>
>people aren't allowed to like episodic shows
I never knew...
>>
>>154180455
>only last two episodes
5 episodes make up the actual plot of bebop. the rest is to endear you to the characters and just generally have fun in the universe they set up.
>>
Because it manages to conflate a bunch of original influences and styles while still retaining its own feel. That's the entire point of the fucking show.
>>
It's only popular in the West because babby's first adult swim anime, if you were born between 1988-1993.

It's unheard of in Japan.
>>
>>154180948
Demonstrably untrue.

Seriously, I'm convinced that anybody who hates Bebop just doesn't know enough about film/television/music. Arrogant, but it's probably true. Bebop is in another fucking league compared to most anime.
>>
File: 1469832604351.jpg (667KB, 4537x3091px) Image search: [Google]
1469832604351.jpg
667KB, 4537x3091px
>>154180455
>only last two episodes
Someone wasn't paying attention. Have a pity (You).
>>
>>154181026
Which part is untrue?

The former was hyperbolic, of course there are other reasons - it is a great show, after all. But it's known primarily for: 1) being the exception to the "all dubs are shit" wars of the early 00's, and 2) being on adult swim when anime was beginning to transition into the mainstream view and become accepted as a valid hobby.
>>
>>154180455

Good question, OP.

I thought it was shit too. Would be better if it weren't episodic.
>>
File: TheTwilightZoneLogo.png (60KB, 368x242px) Image search: [Google]
TheTwilightZoneLogo.png
60KB, 368x242px
>none of the episodes have any kind of plot line

Why does anyone like this show?
>>
Cowboy Bebop in a nutshell
>An edgy ex mafioso goes rambo on his old gang because his waifu got killed.
>>
>>154180455
>Everything has to have a plot or it can't be good
>>
>>154182857

It's never about the story, only about how well it is delivered.

>Chuuni goes full groundhog day in a fanfiction about an early 2000's forum poster
>Edgy prince fights mecha battles as he misuses an OP superpower
>Middle schooler tries to go to the internet, series ends up being a shitty philosophy lecture
>>
>>154180948

This. Cowboy Bebop is to burgerclaps as Saint Seiya is to dirty spics.
>>
>>154180519
every post-2005 anime with this concepts gets beaten to shit
>>
File: 1487023815690.jpg (44KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
1487023815690.jpg
44KB, 960x540px
ADHD babies who can't handle episodic shows trigger me to no end.
>>
>>154180455
>>154180519
I hate it when people say there are only five episodes of plot to Cowboy Bebop.

Yes, the episodes where Spike deals with his past are low in number. There's the first meeting with Vicious and then two two-parters.

But the ending of the second episode has Faye confront Spike about how when she tried to find her past, there was nothing there for her anymore. Every episode where the Bebop confronts their past, whether it's Jet finding out his partner is a traitor or his ex-girlfriend is just salty that she's shit at making decisions, is important to the plot because it leads up to Spike failing to learn the same lesson of letting go of the past that they failed to learn.

If you want to talk about "filler" episodes in Bebop, at least mention stuff like the Tongpu episode. And as the second Anon said, even that has little character bonding moments. There's no way Faye would have ever shown up to save Spike from certain death earlier in the show, which helps lead into her final scene in Episode 26 more naturally.

>>154182857
>Spike
>edgy

If anyone is edgy, it's Vicious. He looks like Sephiroth, uses a katana, and his name is "Vicious".
>>
>>154187214
>Spike failing to learn the same lesson of letting go of the past that they failed to learn.

I meant "that they managed to learn". Except maybe Ed. Not sure if she went after her dad.
>>
Haha I hate popular show am I a real /a/ boy now
>>
>>154187283
>real /a/ boy
>not calling someone a faggot and telling them to kill themselves

You still have room for growth, Anon.
>>
>>154181067
>being the exception to the "all dubs are shit"
They dubbed over Megumi Hayashibara. All the voices that weren't main characters where high school drama club tier. It was not a good dub, and it was the anime that I used to get my more mainstream friends watching subs when it came out.
>>
File: 1488642265326.jpg (89KB, 661x661px) Image search: [Google]
1488642265326.jpg
89KB, 661x661px
>>154180455
stylish
great animation
great main cast
great soundtrack
interesting universe
non-shitty ending
>>
>>154187005
Name an example, the closest comparison is space dandy, which people went equally nuts for
>>
>>154187470
OPs just mad that the show didn't have enough fan service for him to jerk off to
>>
File: 1475994305822.jpg (20KB, 236x402px) Image search: [Google]
1475994305822.jpg
20KB, 236x402px
>another contrarian thread
have a (you)
>>
>>154187586
I didn't care for it, even though I liked Bebop a lot. It had some moments, but the show on the whole was pretty meh.

I'm sure he was thinking about things like Little Witch Academy, that is not very popular in Japan, doing alright here, but still shit on for not having a tight continuous single plot, but instead having episodic adventures with, maybe, some plot that will get focus in a few episodes of the show much later.
>>
>>154180455
haven't watched sorry
I have it but too lazy
>>
File: 1488234438334.gif (61KB, 300x351px) Image search: [Google]
1488234438334.gif
61KB, 300x351px
>>154187586
>some people unironically believe kyoanus loli yuri bait is more exciting than a badass femme fatale
Beats me
>>
>>154187704
>doing alright here
It did way better here then could be expected from most anime not published in Shonen Jump, but regardless science fiction is more popular in episodic form then other genre's I struggle to think of a popular science fiction series that doesn't focus primarily on short stories contained to 1 or 2 episode arcs. Blame Star Trek for setting the standard.
>>
>>154187749
>too lazy
>Too lazy to watch a show.
Kill yourself.
>>
>>154180455
Should've been obvious just from typing this that people don't only care about plot, idiot
>>
>>154180455
lets go
>>
>>154180948
>It's unheard of in Japan.
That's because it got fucked by networks and never actually aired properly for years.
>>
>>154180948
That's bullshit. It's has something like the 5th highest sales among pre 2000 shows in japan. Over 40 k average. And that was before the BD box.
>>
>>154187455
>They dubbed over Megumi Hayashibara.
Who gives a fuck? Just because someone does a role you like doesn't mean they're good all the time in every role you seiyuu worshiping shiteater.

Extremely western-influenced (yeah I know bebop also has lots of yakuza drama elements, bite me) series like bebop need house of the dead level dubs for it to not be at least equal with the JP dub because all seiyuu can only sound japanese due to it being a way less universal language.

Watching mushroom samba and seeing the planet of black people all sound like generic japanese voices is fucking laughable
>>
>>154188728
>Who gives a fuck? Just because someone does a role you like doesn't mean they're good all the time in every role you seiyuu worshiping shiteater.
No dude, Megumi Hayashibara: Literally no role she didn't do perfectly.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.