[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Okay, give it to me straight. I have what I believe to be a legitimately

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: 1484793242723.jpg (103KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1484793242723.jpg
103KB, 1000x1000px
Okay, give it to me straight. I have what I believe to be a legitimately great idea for a manga (I really don't care if you don't believe me). If I take a year or two to sharpen my artistic ability, what is my best chance to really get it huge? Learn Japanese and offer someone(?) a proof of concept type chapter and a general outline? Who do I go to? Major manga publishers? I am not new to writing, but I am new to the business of selling manga. What do?
>>
Don't try to make it a manga?
Why can't you just leave it as a standard comic?

You can either self-publish it as a webcomic and then sell the volumes via the internet or just look for a publisher that will run your idea.
>>
>>154179950
Let's say I HAVE to make it a manga for various reasons. What then?
>>
>>154180189
Do the jokes not work when read from right to left?
>>
>>154180218
Hmm, let's change it to a hypothetical question that no one would ever believe, all right? Let's say I had a vision in which my path was laid out before me. And that path is to turn my idea into a manga. How would I get it done?
>>
>>154180319
Same way you would get published outside of Japan.
You either prepare a pilot chapter and send it to a fitting publisher, or you pay somebody else to do it for you.
>>
>>154180319
Not samefag but does it have to be Manga in style only? Like why do you NEED it to be published as a book?
>>
>>154180387
>or you pay somebody else to do it for you.
What do you mean by this?
>>
>>154180589
I'm not sure what it is you don't understand.
>>
>>154180621
do you mean pay someone to draw and write a chapter to send them?
>>
>>154180667
Or just to draw it, if you want to write it yourself. But since you are bad at Japanese, you may want to leave the dialog to somebody else.
>>
>>154180687
okay, thank you for your help. I will learn japanese until fluency (I am fairly good at learning languages) and make my pilot chapter. Maybe it will work out, maybe it won't, but maybe you'll hear of me so me day, anon.
>>
>>154180774
I hope you'll be successful. Do you have any examples of art?
>>
>>154179873
incest
>>
>>154179873
>1 - be japanese
>2 - make a LN out of it
>3 - hope it gets picked up and adaptated
>4 - enjoy seeing it killed by marketing and losing rights over the IP in favor of your editors
>5 - kill self
>>
>>154179873
Friendly reminder that the only foreign authors to be originally published in Japan (and not simply translated) were
>french and had ties to some already popular writers or artists (see Moebius and Jiro Taniguchi)
>american under contract to make versions of succesful superheroes story for the japanese market
>chinese in exile
>popular koreans that got tired of their domestic market being garbage
You have zero chance.
>>
>>154179873
you don't
why would you even want to, it pays shit
>>
>>154180319
>Let's say I had a vision in which my path was laid out before me. And that path is to turn my idea into a manga. How would I get it done?
hypothetically, invent a time machine, go back in time and have one of your parents fuck a jap instead

>>154181973
I swear I saw something recently about a russian but I could be wrong
>>
>>154182012
That's possible but you still have under a hundred foreigners who "made it".
And even then, they are still piss-poor (like most japanese authors are because it pays like shit unless you make a hit battle-shounen and get some of these juicy royalties from adaptations and goodies).
Honestly the most succesful I can think of are Boichi and Xia Da who is considered a fucking phenomenon because her sales numbers can get close to 5-digits figures.
>>
>>154179873
If you're not someone who has been executing on ideas you've had, then it's easy to think you've got a great idea, when it's just that you don't have the experience to understand how worthless what you've got is.
>>
You guys are so MEAN!
Follow your dreams op, even if they dont lead anywhere.
In this situation they probably wont
>>
>>154182233
Griffith, please.
>>
>>154182007
Only reason I could see is that the japanese editorial system has some advantages you don't find in others like relatively stable contracts that allow you to keep some creative control (meanwhile in the US...), regular publication that allow you to build a base readership (I'm looking at you France), lot of active editors that can be viable despite a small size (hi Italy, UK, how are ya both doing?)
But all of that is balanced with all the shitty aspects like the terrible pay, the duration of your contract being based on a popularity contest, the market having very formatted taste, etc.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.