[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Your Name was the only anime film last year that got any attention.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: in this corner of the world.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
in this corner of the world.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Your Name was the only anime film last year that got any attention. But what did /a/ think of the other two movies that came out this year, In This Corner of the World and A Silent Voice?
>>
>>154178963
I think it actually won more awards than your name did and even though it screened at the hiroshima film festival with english subs it doesn't open in the US until September (pretty much everywhere else gets it earlier) so I don't imagine many people have seen it.
>>
>>154178963
>Your Name was the only anime film last year that got any attention
From people who don't watch anime, maybe.

>In This Corner of the World and A Silent Voice?

I wouldn't know, since there aren't any rips yet.
>>
In this Corner of the World is a remarkable movie.

A Silent Voice is anime trash.
>>
File: C5_3L-uUoAATc9z.jpg (183KB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
C5_3L-uUoAATc9z.jpg
183KB, 1440x810px
>>154179509
tfw you lost the award to the superior film
>>
>>154178963
In this Corner of the World was only one I was hyped about because it's the only one I read manga it's based on and I really wanted to see that mangaka's art animated.

So far I managed to get my hands on watching not one of these movies, but I want to watch all three, all of them sound good to me.
>>
Well I read KnK with /a/ and as much as I like KyoAni I'm just not really one to get excited over anime adaptations of stuff I've already read and know. I'll watch it and I'm sure it'll be nice but that's about it.

I didn't read In this corner but I knew about it before it got really posted on /a/ and thought it sounded interesting. In a way I'm kind of looking forward to it although I'm also trying not to
>>
>>154179544
I don't get that picture
>>
A Silent Voice was nice but had issues towards the end.

Haven't seen Corner because it's not screening in Britain.
>>
>>154180145
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-03-03/in-this-corner-of-the-world-your-name-win-japan-academy-prizes/.112954
>>
Subs where
>>
>>154180190
Well I only read the manga but KnK had more than a few issues in later chapters so it might just be related to the original material.
>>
>>154180225
nowhere, that's why there's so little discussion
>>
>>154178963
I watched all three when I was in Japan recently, and to be honest I enjoyed them all. Both Kono Sekai no Katasumi ni and Koe no Katachi are however not quite conventional as far as movies go (certainly not as conventional as Kimi no Na wa) so I don't think it's entirely fair to compare them and say which is better.
>>
>>154178963
it deserved it
>>
I want to make Suzu pregnant
>>
>>154178963
Haven't watched them yet since I'm hoping a local cinema will show them
>>
>>154184066
I want to lick her toes
>>
>>154184066
NTRcucks please leave
>>
>>154178963
I haven't seen Kimi no na wa. but I saw Kono sekai no katasumi ni and Koe no katachi. KonoSekai is hand down best movie in many many years and absolute wonder. The wait was worth it. Fantastic voice acting (Non in the lead role), astonishing OST by kotringo, gentle directing of Katabuchi Sunao and of course sombre yet extremely powerful story by Kouno Fumiyo. Matsubara Hidenori's charadesign is very eye-pleasing and he keeps everything nicely in check as animation director. It's a movie I love and cannot wait till I buy on BD and watch it again and again.

Koe no katachi suffers from having much weaker story basis than Konosekai. On the other hand Yamada Naoko's directing really elevates the film so it's quite enjoyable. The animation is quite beautiful, especially hands (thanks to charadesigner and Chief AD Nishiya Futoshi).
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.