[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which Fate series did you like the most and what made it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 16

File: tumblr_nwrae13a5H1smzgcuo1_500.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nwrae13a5H1smzgcuo1_500.gif
2MB, 500x281px
Which Fate series did you like the most and what made it enjoyable to you?
>>
>>154163267
UBW easily. Stunning visuals and well adapted Shirou vs Archer fight.
Zero and Carnival Phantasm were good too. The rest is a pile of shit.
>>
>>154165006
>Their bitterness will never go away
>They'll be mad that Zero is better until the end of time
>>
File: 1486598114699.gif (527KB, 475x267px) Image search: [Google]
1486598114699.gif
527KB, 475x267px
>>154165078
>This is what anime only Zero fags think
>>
>>154165150
Is there are more pathetic and pitiful and immature group than Zero secondaries?

They all look and talk like kids who are trying to hard to appear adult-like and mature.
>>
Other than the movies we are getting starting this year are we ever gona get any more fate anime?
>>
>>154163267
I only watched the first FS: Night and it was so shit I gave up on the franchise and haven't seen/played anything related to it since.

Strangely enough the Tsukihime anime did not prevent me from following that universe. Probably because it was one of the first I watched so I liked it well enough.
>>
>>154163267
The VN. It's textually the richest, telling three stories that reveal different aspects of the central theme of idealism. They don't work individually so well and the level of worldbuilding is hard to convey in an anime without sacrificing the kind of consistent action that most viewers are used to.

All the adaptations are average. Fate/Zero is alright but a bit thin compared to the VN. UBW has the opposite problem of too faithful so you get a hundred conversations of Shirou literally talking to himself and and a mediocre ending where the school rapist turns into the Smooze and Saber fights a fake Servant. The DEEN adaptation is just a bit dull and tonally inconsistent.
>>
>>154165239
3rei movie
Apoc anime
Extra anime, though that might be 2018 instead I forget
More Grand Order OVAs too, I think
>>
>>154163267
Fate Extra
>>
File: 1452671389404.png (1MB, 1280x719px) Image search: [Google]
1452671389404.png
1MB, 1280x719px
Zero. The fights actually carried some weight, actions had consequences, the development was evenly distributed amongst the cast and the OST/animation/designs shat on UBW Ufo from a great fucking height.

The F/SN visual novel is arguably just as good, but it doesn't have the advantage of a decent visual adaptation.

Although, if Carnival Phantasm counts then that wins. CP is the funniest comedy anime I've ever seen.
>>
I prefer UBW as an anime but zero felt like it had a lot more weight to it, even if some of that weight was just urobuchi being edgy as fuck with some esoteric vocabulary in the mix.

The gilgamesh by rider fight was probably the best fight.
>>
Just binged fate zero in 2 days, thought it was a solid 7.8/10 imo. Should I bother with the 2014 UBW or just call it a day with the franchise?
>>
>>154165557
ty, are they gona be as good as zero/ubw?
>>
>>154163267
DEEN/stay night will always hold a special place in my heart.
>>
I liked Zero overall the best, but UBW was really fucking good too. Never read/played through the visual novels.

I liked Zero more because it was a proper tragedy. Kiritsugu failed epically and his emotional responses were great especially contrasted with his cold psychopathic moments. I like it for opposite reason I think many people on /a/ think Zero fans like it. I don't like it because Kiritsugu is an edgelord, I like it because the edgelord failed.
>>
>>154165797
3rei movie will cover my favorite part of Prisma Illya, so that should be good
Apocrypha is pretty mediocre, but it has some cool fights
Extra's plot was simple but it had great characters. The anime will differ from the game and tell a new story so hopefully that'll be good. I think it's based on the Extella Zero script Nasu wrote
Grand Order's story doesn't really get good until America, so you'll have to sit through 2 more shit orders then 2 more mediocre ones until that. But after America the story is great
>>
I've only seen stay night and that was probably 7+ years ago so I barely remember it. What should I watch?
>>
>>154166621
Read the VN watch Zero.
>>
File: 1476926104720.png (493KB, 858x1008px) Image search: [Google]
1476926104720.png
493KB, 858x1008px
HF>HA>CP>UBW>Fate>Zero>CCC>Prisma>Extra>SF>Apoc>GO
>>
File: 1457397935335.png (516KB, 823x960px) Image search: [Google]
1457397935335.png
516KB, 823x960px
>>154167139
>extra
>below ccc
wrong
>>
>>154163267
The VN

fucking secondaries
>>
>>154166621
Just read the fucking VN
>>
>>154165207
>Is there are more pathetic and pitiful and immature group than tryhard VNfags? They all look and talk like manchildren who are trying to hard to appear smart and patrician.

ftfy. I read F/SN by the way.
>>
>>154163267
Fate/Kaleid by far

But seriously UBW, I don't remember too much about Zero, but it was slow at times.
>>
>>154167347
CCC is objectively better than Extra, retard.
>>
Carnival Phantasm
>>
>>154170801
This.
>>
I liked Grand Order because I enjoyed seeing Cu no get actually win some fights.
>>
>>154163267
The VN, the rest ranges from decent(and it applies only to Zero) to outright garbage.

>>154165006
>well adapted Shirou vs Archer fight.
bait
>>
>>154163267
Strange Fake anime when?

Everything else is getting animated, it isn't fair.
>>
>>154163267
Out of what I've seen:
Zero>UBW>2wei>2wei Herz> 3rei> Prisma 1st season

I didn't like the new UBW as much as the VN, and while Prisma may be fun, it's not as good as UBW or Zero.
>>
>>154163267
none of them and nothing
>>
File: Gate of Babylon.jpg (1MB, 2176x1652px) Image search: [Google]
Gate of Babylon.jpg
1MB, 2176x1652px
The VN was/is fucking pathetic. The supposed 'sacrifices' made by Nasu to make it marketable are presumably what make it pathetic.

I enjoy Zero the most.

Oh no, you've flown into an autistic rage, and are preparing to call me a 'secondary'! It's unfortunate, therefore, that I mean the Zero LN. Less unfortunate is the fact that you've outed yourself as one so insecure in the value of your own joy. If the VN is so good, you needn't autistically and aggressively attack those who would criticize it and call all others inferior.
>>
File: img000062.jpg (643KB, 1077x1649px) Image search: [Google]
img000062.jpg
643KB, 1077x1649px
>>154172606
SF has lolnomaterial.

That said: if anyone knows where to get a hold of raws for the manga, I would not be averse to working on it. And I certainly have a greater work ethic than the singular figure who works on it now, as far as I can tell. *And*, I'd like to fix their fucking spread issues, and typesetting issues, and inability to QC text.
>>
>>154173873
It's got at least two novels, you could make a 12 episode anime out of that.
>>
It astounds me there are legitimately people who believe Unlimited Blade Works, anime or VN, has better writing than Zero.

Fate/Zero is not only the best Fate anime, it's a fantastic anime in general even if you don't follow the Fate series.

UBW looked a little better but Fate/Zero was no slouch either and the writing was as good as the visuals. UBW was overly wordy, especially in later arcs, and had a wealth of underdeveloped characters and plot holes. Saber does essentially nothing for the majority of the anime, except getting captured due to Rule Breaker I guess. In contrast, Fate/Zero highlighted her ideals and their shortcomings, maturing them but not entirely just knocking them down.

>>154166048
>I don't like it because Kiritsugu is an edgelord, I like it because the edgelord failed.
That's the whole point. After all, it's a prequel, the audience is expected to already know Kiritsugu fails.
>>
>>154173764
Would you just fucking kill yourself already?

Holy shit my man
>>
>>154173926
It's got four - this being said, that does not mean that it has enough content for an anime. There's been no 'true' conflict; only flirtations. The first novel is almost entirely about *just* the circumstances of and around the summonings of the Servants.
>>
>>154174193
>UBW is supposed to stand on its own against Zero
Are you sure you know how VNs work?
>maturing them but not entirely just knocking them down.
Pfhahahahahahahahaha. Are you insane? Urobuchi dumbed it down to "muh honor" solely to kick it down.
>>
>>154163267

Prisma Illya easily
>>
>>154163267
The VN's. That's how I got into the rest of the series. Its very expansive in detail and nuance.

The voice acting, the music, the crazy dialogue explainations and analogies, I love it. I love it all.
>>
>>154174193
the characterizations in UBW felt like cartoon characters in comparison to zero

the fight scenes in ubw are much worse, as well. they discarded fate's deliberate and comprehensible style for typical shonen fighting anime tropes.
>>
>>154174490
This is why you read the VN, secondary.
>>
>>154174531
>anyone I don't agree with is secondary
the VN is subpar in general. It's not awful, but it is overrated, merely okay. but the anime adaptation of zero is better than the anime adaptation of UBW or any other anime in the Fate/series for that matter AND is also better than the VN.

do you think it isn't patently obvious why 'secondary' is such a bugbear for you?
>>
>>154174683
Anyone who bothers comparing Zero to godawful FSN adaptations is most likely a secondary.
>This work's quality is exactly how I say it is because I say it is
Whatever you say, buddy.
>>
>>154174899
Stop using that word as a holier-than-thou excuse and justify your stance.

Or, perhaps, I should just call you a 'tertiary'.
>>
>>154174945
If it makes you feel better. Doesn't quite prove your circular logic arguments though.
>>
>>154174899
>I'm so fundamentally retarded I need to be told when someone is stating a subjective opinion even when it's obvious they're stating a subjective opinion

>>154174945
Got it in one. You don't have to actually explain yourself if you can drum up some bullshit distinction by labeling anyone who disagrees with you a 'secondary.' It's the /a/ equivalent of climate change folks calling anyone who asks them a question a 'denier' or American liberals calling anyone who disagrees with them a bigot.
>>
>>154174945
It's very complicated to explain the other anon's justification for his opinion to someone who has not experienced the VN, not merely read a wiki page or watch an adaptation. Therefore it is too much effort to type out an entire fucking essay to someone who hasn't read the VN, so he uses this as reason to cease the discussion with you.

You seem to be having some trouble understanding this so I thought I'd explain
>>
File: Capture.png (106KB, 372x207px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
106KB, 372x207px
>>154175208
don't talk to me bout style, nigger, I'll motherfucking embarrass you
>>
>>154175131
>the VN is subpar in general. It's not awful, but it is overrated, merely okay. but the anime adaptation of zero is better than the anime adaptation of UBW or any other anime in the Fate/series for that matter AND is also better than the VN.
>It's a subjective opinion, I swear!
A little hard arguing with circular logic, most likely won't get anywhere with serious arguments, I'll take the chance.
>>
>>154175285
I never said you hadn't read the VN, I was just explaining.
>>
>>154175400
>It's very complicated to explain the other anon's justification for his opinion to someone who has not experienced the VN
>someone who has not experienced the VN
>>
File: begging-the-question.png (240KB, 741x542px) Image search: [Google]
begging-the-question.png
240KB, 741x542px
>>154175389
It is a subjective opinion. That much is obvious from the use of subjective descriptors like 'okay' or 'overrated' or 'better than'.

A circular logic argument is an argument whose elements are held as proof of each other without a foundation of some kind of source or evidence.

You seem like one of those people that randomly hurls out terms from a page on logical fallacies while only poorly understanding their meaning. As long as we're talking about logical fallacies, dismissing people who disagree with you as 'secondaries' and insisting they 'just don't get it' is a form of the secret-knowledge argument. It's a means of insisting you're right while not actually explaining why, and it's therefore meaningless.
>>
>>154175476
>What is a theoretical argument
Other guy here, I take it back. You've read the vn. You just can't process the words.
>>
>>154175208
>If I assume anyone who disagrees with my opinion of the VN simply hasn't read the VN, I can just dismiss them as secondaries

>I'm right, and I COULD prove I'm right, but eh, it's just too much work.
No, fuck you. If you want to insist the 'secondaries' (read: people who disagree with you) are missing something, then explain in detail what it is they are missing.
>>
File: strawman.png (235KB, 758x521px) Image search: [Google]
strawman.png
235KB, 758x521px
>>154175632
So either you were saying the anon you replied to hasn't read the VN, or you were addressing a theoretical person and therefore not addressing the anon you were actually replying to, in which case pic related. Which is it?
>>
>>154175678
>No, fuck you. If you want to insist the 'secondaries' (read: people who disagree with you) are missing something, then explain in detail what it is they are missing.
Explain what? Your first argument here >>154174490 is clearly taking about the adaptation, which I 100% AGREE with. Your second argument >>154174683 is just stating "a is better than b" with no actual detail I can counter. Am I supposed to write a comparative essay detailing every quality comparison of the two works before you go to sleep and the thread gets closed?
>>
>>154175986
It depends, are you aiming to convince me any of the VN's routes are better than the anime Fate/Zero? If so, yes, explaining why it's better would in fact be quite helpful.

If all you're trying to say is "I disagree, in my personal opinion the opposite is true," then the unwarranted condescension and labeling anyone who disagrees with you a 'secondary' just makes you come off like an asshole.
>>
>>154176129
>are you aiming to convince me any of the VN's routes are better than the anime Fate/Zero?
No, you quite clearly have your opinion set already. But if you can state arguments to the contrary, I'll be happy to state counter arguments (please be a little more specific than "cartoony").
>>
Read the VN.
>>
Here's an unpopular opinion:

Fate > Heaven's Feel > Unlimited Blade Works > Zero > Hollow/Ataraxia

I think the Fate experience is fairly ruined nowadays, ironically due to the success of the ufotable adaptations. Fate route has two strong points going for it:

1) World building
2) The little mystery subplot Saber's identity through hints from the scattered dream sequences.

Both of these are more or less lost from anyone who entered the VN after having watched the 2006 DEEN adaptation back in the day or more likely nowadays, those whose introduction to the Nasuverse comes from Zero. The Fate route is going to feel redundant and a drag to complete since its biggest reveal is treated as if it were common knowledge nowadays and the world is already built for those who watched the anime.

The themes in the VN routes are also more mature than those in Zero, which is quite understandable given the sheer length of the read (800k words). It wasn't conveyed that well from the ufotable adaptation but the core struggle of Shirou in the UBW route is very worthy of further musings and makes Kiritsugu's look truly immature in comparison.

Zero is very fun; an advantage of the way it's formatted with several point of views allows the reader/watcher to get a quick glimpse into the machinations And of each servant/master pairing and the result is a very dynamic an exciting plot.

What it sacrifices for this is depth of character explorations, which is the visual novel's strongest point, particularly with Shirou, each of the heroines, and Kotomine. By the end of the series, the reader of Fate/Stay Night comes away with a much stronger understanding of those characters than more or less anyone in Zero and that's mostly what puts Zero below the 3 routes.
>>
File: イリヤ04b頬(中).png (136KB, 356x416px) Image search: [Google]
イリヤ04b頬(中).png
136KB, 356x416px
I've only read/watched the VN, Zero and Carnival so those three I guess. I might watch all the Prisma Illya stuff because I'm still mad best girl didn't get a route.
>>
>>154163267
Fate/0. Because it was about adults with no solshit. Pure war and no sob stories.
>>
>>154170801
CP was peak Type-Moon.
>>
>>154163267
UBW 2014. Impressive ufotable animation with the whimsy that was sorely lacking from Zero.
>>
>>154179064
>whimsy that was sorely lacking from Zero
Zero wasn't supposed to have any whimsy and it's damn good that it didn't.
>>
>>154178626
>It wasn't conveyed that well from the ufotable adaptation but the core struggle of Shirou in the UBW route is very worthy of further musings and makes Kiritsugu's look truly immature in comparison.

This is a good point. While Kerry could have dropped it all and ran away, Shirou was locked into this shit by way of a noble phantasm being implanted in his soul and an unstable reality marble that would ultimately destroy him without Rin's guidance.
>>
>>154179165
Are you fucking retarded? The Op asked which series I liked most and why. I answered the fucking question. I never said Zero was supposed to be whimsical, only that I may have enjoyed it more had it not taken itself so god damned seriously. Go stand in traffic.
>>
>>154179214
>only that I may have enjoyed it more had it not taken itself so god damned seriously
F/0 was supposed to be serious and I don't give two shits what you could fucking enjoy, but it feels fucking good to know that you didn't enjoy F/0 more because it didn't have any whimsy. Feels fucking good, you fucking dipshit.
>>
Read the Fate route.
It was the equivalent of used toilet paper.
Started reading UBW.
It was still shit.
I moved on.

Do yourself a favor and read an actually good VN like Demonbane instead.
>>
>>154179605
that's like only eating the bread and saying you don't like hamburgers.
>>
File: 1443337977108.jpg (133KB, 1279x717px) Image search: [Google]
1443337977108.jpg
133KB, 1279x717px
>>154179681
>le famous "b-but it gets good after the 10th episode"
>>
>>154179605
>Demonbane
Is he a big guy?
>>
File: Demonbane.full.236609.jpg (2MB, 1851x1359px) Image search: [Google]
Demonbane.full.236609.jpg
2MB, 1851x1359px
>>154179908
You have no fucking idea.
>>
>>154179605
>Demonbane

I liked Demonbane but kek. It has 1 good route, 1 route that was pretty much exactly the same but with a different H-Scene, and a route that has nothing to do with the other 2. It was so far removed from the main plot it should've been part of a fandisk and not the main game.
>>
>>154163267
Fate zero and ubw.
>>
>>154163267
Zero is the only good thing that has come out of this franchise.
>>
UBW was the one I liked the most. HF was great too. Fate and Zero were okay.
Thread posts: 81
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.