[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I finally finished reading all of Higurashi. I admit, when I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6

File: maxresdefault.jpg (127KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
127KB, 1920x1080px
I finally finished reading all of Higurashi. I admit, when I heard of it, I thought it was just some edgy gorey mess for teens. I thought poorly of it. But I stayed up almost 24 hours reading the entirity and it was AMAZING.
I felt emotions, the mysteries were great, the solutions were great. The mastermind was a bit obvious towards the middle but I'd prefer that to an asspull no one could see coming.

So my question: Umineko... CAN I read the manga version of it? Currently, I have access to only the questions arc (the answers isn't on steam and I can't exactly torrent it). Is the manga version fulfilling?

Also, Shion=Mion >/ Rena >/ Rika > Blondie > Hanyu
>>
>steam lets you buy the question arc on discount
>still no answers arc
I'm about to break down and watch the anime
>>
>>154140783
Umineko anime is incomplete and shit. Avoid it.
>>
>>154140783
It was a pain to have to hunt series by series to finish this. They should make it clearer.
>>
bump

no one remembers this show/series?
>>
>>154140783
Shion> Rika > Rena >Satoko > Mion
>>
>>154140783
Go read Umineko now.
>>
>>154141269
That's the question: Is the manga good enough? Or the light novels?
I can't really read the second part of as a VN because of reasons, but I can do the first part.
>>
>>154140783
>2 IPs
>>
>>154141309
Post constructive shit. I've seen /a/ give out warnings for stupider shit.
>>
>>154141352
newfag
>>
>>154141369
Kek, yes I know you are. But to be fair, it's the new mods that do it.
>>
>>154141309
>mod-kun
You aren't any better either, faggot.

>>154140783
>So my question: Umineko... CAN I read the manga version of it?
I'd wait for the game solely for the OST. It makes it a whole new experience. 10/10
>>
>>154141407
I guess I could wait. The problem that no info has been released about when they'll have the finale done. Or at least I haven't seen any news.
>>
>>154140783
>doesn't remember Satoko's name
>thinks the VN is amazing
Doubt.
>>
>>154141450
>Beato appears for the first time
>this plays https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-5JlUoVuYc&user=seranastarflower
>>
>>154141405
>OP doesn't even know how ips works
Kek, you are the newfag
>>
>>154141456
No, I didn't touch the VN. And I keep misspelling Satoko's name.
>>
>>154141469
Are you an idiot? Yes, I'm samefagging. And I said "post useful shit instead".
>>
>>154140783
Arcwise I don't even think they finish translating all the chapters to English yet. So, you're better off waiting.
>>
>>154141468
The PS2 animations are a pain in the ass though
>>
>>154141705
Just download the PS3 sprites
>>
What I loved was how ALL the 'bad' guys turned out to be total bros. The head of the Wild Dogs, Tanako, Shion... I really saw them as three dimensional lovable people.

Even the 'cameraman'.
>>
>>154141308

The light novels are excellent. I haven't read the manga, but people seem to like it, some people even more than the light novels because it's more clear about some stuff. But, as other anons said, the music really enhances the experience.
>>
>>154142369
Good info. I shall think about it. I might do a hybrid: VN where I can, manga or LN where I can't.
>>
>>154140783
The answer arcs of Umineko are absolute shit, so you won't miss out on anything except for the music by reading the manga. EP8 is objectively better in the manga, for one.
>>
>>154142480
Really? That sucks, because Higurashi's answers arc was really fulfilling.

Well, everyone always compliments Umineko anyway, so I'll go through it even if it sucks.
>>
>cant exactly torrent it
Why the hell not? You're only shooting yourself in the foot if you dont. The steam sprites are absolute shit and the manga doesnt have the greatness of the music
>>
>>154142562
I only have my laptop and it's a Mac. I won't have access to my PC desktop for a long time as I'm traveling a lot

While I might find a way around it (wineskins), I might not. So I'd rather see all my options now
>>
Good taste, OP.

Read the VN before the manga. The music is one of the best parts of Umineko, so you'll be missing out.
>>
File: Who throws a cupcake.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Who throws a cupcake.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>
>>154143996
Never happens in the manga. Rika never goes crazy I noticed.
>>
>>154143996
Who do I feel most sympathetic for? Satoko had a shit life but it's pretty definitely partially her fault still.
Shion is a maybe.
>>
>>154144073
Read Higurashi Rei, Saikoroshi-hen.
It's a very satisfying conclusion.
She's not going crazy, she's just getting really pissed off at alt-universe Satoko.
>>
>>154144234
Kk. I haven't decided if I should check out the extra stories.
Saikoroshi will be one. Any others that are worth it?
>>
>>154144290
Well Saikoroshi-hen is all that's absolutely needed for closure. But depending on how much of a fan you are, Higurashi Kira is an OVA really worth watching. Fanservice episode, comedy episodes and a heartwarming last episode.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wg-hjzFYgIE
Lots of extra stories, but mostly untranslated made for DS/PS3 versions of the VN. Like Someutsushi-hen or whatever.
Outbreak is a god awful 2/10 OVA don't watch it.
Daybreak is a pretty fun "gundam" style fighting game, might want to check it out.

Otherwise just go into Umineko.
>>
>>154140783
>>154141194
>thinking Shion is best girl
>even so much as liking that piece of shit
"Dude, a guy helped me back then and I'm absolutely crazy about him even though I've barely seen him where the fuck is he he must have been kidnapped or some shit DUDE I'M DISGUISING MYSELF AS MY SISTER AND AM KILLING LEFT AND RIGHT TO UNCOVER THE TRUTH HEY SATOKO ENJOYED THAT STABBING I DID? I guess I'm the Devil itself"

Absolute shite.
>>
File: éðé«éþéÁ-089.jpg (140KB, 824x1200px) Image search: [Google]
éðé«éþéÁ-089.jpg
140KB, 824x1200px
>>154145097
>t. anime-only secondary
She's annoying as fuck at times in Minagoroshi, but what you're saying makes it obvious you didn't read Meakashi in the VN or even the manga.
>>
>>154145240
>reading manga
Ain't got time for that shit.
>>
>>154143996
Still one of the funniest shit I have ever seen.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.