[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I wish there was more manga where the writer stops all the action

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: GJFdkQM.jpg (137KB, 950x750px) Image search: [Google]
GJFdkQM.jpg
137KB, 950x750px
I wish there was more manga where the writer stops all the action to talk about the fighters, the world and literally nothing for pages and pages

i love that shit but this and Jojo are the only ones that do it
>>
Nearly every shonen ever does that
>>
>>154111564
okay granted but they dont do it well. they lack characters worth caring about
>>
File: Kengan Asura - 022-013.png (319KB, 1073x1523px) Image search: [Google]
Kengan Asura - 022-013.png
319KB, 1073x1523px
>>154111500
Does Kengan Ashua do this enough for you?
>>
>>154111500
I think it just has to do with passion.
Most of the generics shonens right now is from some dude who want to please his editor.
Of course he isn't going to talk about the world and shit, you want a cute girl here is a cute girl, you want a edgy rival here it is
When you read Baki you just know he doesn't give a fuck and he truly loves his characters
>>
>>154111500
Fucking why ?
Why does stone cold trained killers feel the need to explain their jutsu to one another during the fighting ?

For me it seems like that info dump is not meant for the other party but for the reader.
It break immersion.
>>
>>154111500
You are not being sarcastic? Weird.
>>
>>154112109
Dunno but I'll check it out since its fighting so even if it doesn't I'll probably like it

>>154113662
?you misunderstood the thread. i like it when the author does this. just stops everything to go on the really long tracts about whatever
another example would be that one manga i can't remember the name of set in a world that revolves around food, where instead of just having the big hero guy save the weak cook he describes it as being like a rat sat on a lion with nice pictures

or baki describing in detail the motivations of characters, their abilities and why they're so scary to normal people even for the guys who literally have 1 fight they lose

i love that shit but i dont think there's any descriptor i can google to find more of it
>>
>>154113775
>i love that shit but i dont think there's any descriptor i can google to find more of it
excessive exposition
Its general frowned upon in the Western tradition of writing, but you'll find it quite popular in Asian cultures, Japan less then other places like China, but still.
>>
>>154111500
you just described Kengan Ashua
>>
>>154111500
Baki is fucking fun
>character punch
>3 chapters of in depth examination of the punch
>characters dodge that punch
>another 2 chapters explaining how he dodge the punch
>>
>>154113867
yea that. i havent seen it done well much and ive read a lot of manga. specifically when the author does it tho'. usually they have someone in universe do it and i dont like that
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.