[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why cant he just stay dead

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 105
Thread images: 8

File: 1481507391133.png (1MB, 1271x718px) Image search: [Google]
1481507391133.png
1MB, 1271x718px
Why cant he just stay dead
>>
>lets show Miyazaki, a man known for valuing natural beauty an incredible bizarre and grotesque zombie animation done by an algorithm
>"B-but Miyazaki-sama, why are you upset?"

Fucking autistic engineers lol
>>
>>154109562
He's was well within his right to scold those kids; I would have done the exact same thing.
>>
>>154109562
>>154109611
>>154109739
Source? Or is this yet another memezaki macro I am looking at?
>>
>>154109611

The presentation was poor, and all they were really showing him was an adaptive algorithm that's been around for nearly 15 years. They should have stuck to the 3DSMax boxes and lines models connected to joints to illustrate their point.

In any case, they were trying to demonstrate a natural method of gradual convergent evolution that could have been adapted to creature/monster animation.
>>
>>154109562
>showing fucking Miyazaki, the man notorious for taking no shortcuts in animation and strict as fuck for the traditional method an uninspired computer animation
>expecting anything other than his complete disgust
I don't know what they were expecting
>>
>>154109611
Why should you conform to somebody's taste?
Fuck him. Then again I haven't seen this.
>>154109832
Seconding.
>>
>>154109849
See above.
>>154109841

Miyazaki got too stuck on their shitty aesthetic to understand what he was actually being shown.
>>
>Hello 80 year old man who makes uplifting cartoons for children, what do you think of this blob animation computer program that can only be used in R rated horror movies?
>>
>>154109841
To be fair, the documentary made a point to highlight the fact that the guy wasn't exactly feeling humorous about disabilities and death at the time, what with all his friends dying one by one and all. Even if they did do that, he'd probably still not like it.
>>
>>154109911
>>154109832
https://youtu.be/ngZ0K3lWKRc

If they wanted to demonstrate this technology, they should have picked someone who's worked on Resident Evil or Silent Hill, not the dude behind Spirited Away.
>>
>>154109918
>>154109946
>>154109961

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgaEE27nsQw

This is essentially the exact same thing he was shown, it isn't new by any stretch of the imagination and it's completely inoffensive. Again, Miyazaki was so stuck on the weird Resident Evil model they picked, that he couldn't figure out why they were showing this to him.
>>
>>154109562
>mizazaki watches kyoani shows.jpg
>>
What really happened is that they thought they were presenting it to Hidetaka, but since nobody knows what he looks like and nobody cares about Hayoa anymore they didn't know there had been a mix up until it was too late.

Also I don't think I have ever seen anyone go from THAT fired up to being on the verge of tears in such a short amount of time. Talk about absolutely destroying a soul, Jesus Christ.
>>
>>154109914
Miyazaki is to anime what Spielberg is to Hollywood. Once upon a time great innovators, but now so stuck in their ways they are holding back their respective industries with their influence. Both honestly just need to leave the stage and proverbially die already.
>>
>>154109992
If you are going to hold it against an old man for not deriving that application from what he was shown, you're an idiot. When he was a kid radio was a hot new technology.
>>
>>154109961
Okay. Now I think if I was the guy who made this. I would feel very honored.

I am a horror artist and worst reaction that I could imagine to get from someone would be:"It's okay"
>>
>>154109961
What a bitter assehole
>>
>>154109992
They ended by saying they eventually wanted a machine that could make the images which is an absurd idea to Miyazaki. While Miyazaki was being a bit unreasonable with his rant, expecting anything other than what he said is just stupid. I have no idea where you're getting the idea that it was the model that angered him. He was mad about the impersonal way of animation and the fact that it reminded him of his disabled friend.
>>
>>154110134
Yeah well, apparently they thought Miyazaki was going to sing them praises for making him feel disgusted and horrified.

>>154110152
You're just an autist.
>>
File: 1487273590481.png (108KB, 359x265px) Image search: [Google]
1487273590481.png
108KB, 359x265px
>>154109832
Not a meme

>Look at this incredibly lazy attempt at the art that you have dedicated your entire life to, entirely for the joy of others, most of which are small children who can't relate to something like this
>It was made with a machine in mere seconds! Isn't technology so great? We don't even have to use our skills or creativity anymore!
>see how smart we are with our degrees? I can't believe it was THIS easy, we are so young and experienced!
>The monster may resemble the pain of other unfortunate human beings, but THAT'S WHAT MAKES IT SCARY LOL
>also we MAY try to use this machine to replace you and your passion in the future
>I hope this doesn't come off as incredibly disrespectful in our highly sophisticated culture based around hard work and honor
>Wtf why is he mad? What an old butthurt faggot; I hope he dies

(You)
>>
>>154109961
Damn, he's so serious.

I feel bad now. How do you even recover from that?
>>
>>154110168

Which they could have circumvented if they had elected to use a more inoffensive demonstration.

>"Hey, we came up with a learning algorithm that can force a model to learn how to move without the use of its limbs/with a certain number of limbs. Maybe this would be useful to in figuring out how to properly animate fluid locomotion that mimics this."

They also said that they wanted to come up with a method to do animation using this method because it would save time. If they watched a demo, animated it, and then decided they didn't like it, they just wasted a considerable amount of time and money. This would allow them to storyboard the idea by using stand-in models and animations. It's a pretty common practice in live-action films.

As for why I keep mentioning the model, that is because it was distinctively human and garish to look at.
>>
Miyazaki is an idiot for giving the reigns of Nausicaa to a hack fraud like Hideaki Anno
>>
Poor miyazaki, why dont they leave him alone
>>
>>154109562
are you mad loli boi
>>
>>154110168
To be fair this sort of tech allows you to animate all sorts of fantastical creatures in a way that looks natural. No matter how brilliant an animator grandpa is, he has no idea what some 5 legged pegasustiger hybrid would have as gait. Throw it through this sort of technology though and it will figure it out four you, then you can add your fantastical creature to your show with animations that would have the viewer believe you could go out into the wild and see them for real.

Instead of going "this is shit, but I'd like to see what else you can do with this tech" he just shuts them down completely. He is old, he is holding back progress. You can use his age as an excuse, doesn't matter, doesn't change he is holding back innovation.
>>
File: push it to the limit.gif (550KB, 440x277px) Image search: [Google]
push it to the limit.gif
550KB, 440x277px
>>154110093
yes anon, CG and QUALITY are the answers you deserve.
>>
>>154110274
They're stuck in their ways.
They won't listen.

They can't understand why creativity and originality is dead.

Anime was a mistake.
>>
>>154110309
Maybe they should have showed him a five-legged fantasy creature instead of a corpse trying to walk using it's head.
>>
File: 1471876142967.jpg (34KB, 500x436px) Image search: [Google]
1471876142967.jpg
34KB, 500x436px
>>154109992
>3:20
>>
>>154109961
Which genius thought that Miyazaki would be the appropriate audience for whatever they were presenting? I don't even see the connection.

The crying dude was just asking to get scolded by him.
>>
>>154110338

Not that guy, but that's what I've been saying this entire time. They picked an incredibly bizarre model to use. It's straight out of House of the Dead or Resident Evil 1.
>>
>>154110134
quite true
but the buttblasted face on the guy was quite distant from this
miyazaki is right anyway, and all you are just as buttblasted as that poor loser
>>
>>154110338
Ya, I don't know why they went with the resident evil theme instead of a child friendly fantasy creature, you know, the stuff grandpa is known to like.
>>
>>154110309
>tech allows you
>you

Sure thing. They remove the human component from a human artform and you expect it to be an expression of said art?

Machines are not capable of "human" expression", they are only capable of what we make them able to do.

You can make an argument when AI becomes so advanced the line between humans and AI is so blurred it doesn't matter, but until then there is no way.

That is not even dis cussing the techniques and methods that are being ignored. There is one thing to make a process easier, but to automate it completely removes the artform from it and it simply becomes another mechanical output: which is lifeless and devoid of creativity.

I sure can't wait for corporations to buy out animation studios and put the machines on it churning out idol, moe and shounen shit with reckless abandon to make money, can't you?
>>
>>154110426

Grandpa is also known to use creepy monsters from time to time. Not zombies, but spoopy all the same.
>>
>>154110252
>>154110309
As far as I can tell, developing tech for creepy zombie movement is what they were working on specifically and what they wanted to impress Miyazaki with. Maybe a different group of animators working on a dinosaur would be met with better, but those guys were a lost cause.
>>
>>154110364
The engineers seem king of autistic. They failed to understand the atmosphere and context of their presentation targets.
>>
No matter what I do, it will be hard to fuck up worse than this, I can take comfort out of that. Thank you autistic man who thought memezaki would like this, you are the hero we need.
>>
>>154110309
>atheists
They never stop to make my cringe
>>
>>154110446
But the spoopy monsters still have some charm, unlike a rotting animated corpse.
>>
>>154110437

You don't understand how dynamic planning works. Look up what a workprint is and try to discern why this would be useful when making a movie. Hint: Very useful.

It doesn't detract at all from Miyazaki's fetish for traditional methodologies.
>>
>>154110437
How did you go from "it can be used to help with animating locomotion of fantasy creatures" to all that dribble you just posted.
>>
>>154110450
He does his shit by hand, and is an authority and legend in his work, so to say he takes pride in it is no small understatement.

The entire concept of using a machine to do what he expresses himself through is utterly insulting, especially coming from some "kids" in an unrelated field who can say they "respect" him and what he does they have absolutely no idea what he does actually entails.

They are literally saying they, with their inexperience in his field can do what he does without getting their hands dirty because they have knowledge in their completely overrated field.

It's like a goddamn farmer telling an Infantryman he could do his job because he can shoot skeet 99/100 with a shotgun and hit cans from 20 yards with a .22, or some guy who gets into bar fights all the time thinking he can take on a trained, professional fighter because he's won more than his fair share of bar brawls.

They can't even be called amateurs.
>>
>>154110466
>>154110499

True, which is why I mentioned that he doesn't use zombies. They should have perhaps attempted to model a stand-in creature from one of his past movies to get their point across. Start off with just the wire-frame and then overlay the skin to give the presentation some dimension and relevance.

Listen, I am not saying Miyazaki was wrong, their presentation was bad. I am just pointing out that this all occurred because the guys presenting made a bad decision, and then Miyazaki also made an equally bad decision by taking what they were showing him to heart.

It doesn't matter what he's going through personally, they had zero intent to try and influence his feelings in a certain way. It's a business meeting. They were trying to be professionals, and he cast the first aspersions although the guy crying shouldn't have been doing that in the room.

What Miyazaki should have done is asked them how this could be useful to him, beyond what they mentioned in their pitch. Then you make the salient point about different creatures and their natural gates. He figures out what you're doing, and then makes a decision. If he still didn't like it for personal reasons, he should have kept that to himself until after they had left: like a professional does. Instead he got up on his soap box and ranted.
>>
>>154110437
Machines capable of churning out "made to fit" anime. I could have an anime in which Kirino X Ayase happens because use it would be made by one of many machines instead of requiring entire studios. A man can dream, I'll likely be dead before our tech gets to that point, boy does that make me sad.
>>
>>154110523
>dribble

that's exactly why you'll never understand what a skilled craftsman or someone who has worked hard in their art thinks. Of course, this is /a/ where manchildren come to bitch about things they have no business bitching about so why am I surprised.
>>
>>154110603

Their tech can actually be quite useful.

You've become just as emotionally compromised as Miyazaki was.

You're the same guy as before, again, I implore you to look up on what a workprint is and take a gander at a few examples on YouTube.
>>
>>154110603
You are quite hard to understand, next time consider removing Miyazaki's dick from your mouth before speaking.
>>
>>154110653
Wait, you think what you posted was prose? Get real, it was dribble. You are arguing with yourself, you might as well be performing self felatio. The only point I ever made was that this sort of technology can be used to help animate locomotion. You are the one hamfisting the doomsday "machines replace the animators" scenario into the argument, you baboon.
>>
>this is shit for completely unrelated reasons
>muh sick friends

Guy's a bitter old fart, worse are the fags defending his ass.
>>
>>154109961
He think they were making fun of people ith disabilities.
He completely and utterly missed the point, to the point that if the point was exactly behind him, still he would have no missed it so much.
>>
>>154110792
Shut the fuck up, atheist.
>>
>>154110850
He's not a retard, he realizes they plan on using that type of technology to replace animators and they pretty much confirm it at the end of the video.
>>
When did Myazaki threads stop being about posting image macros of the guy with ludicrous subtitles and start being an excuse for reddit to come out of the woodwork for a furious bout of masturbation?
>>
>>154110864

Excuse me, sir, the word that we now meme with is "cuck". Okay? Thank you.
>>
>>154110882
In this case, the quote is real so the thread isn't about memes. If you want your meme thread, it's over here >>154109398
>>
>>154110880
I don't see the problem in striving for that end goal though. An AI on par with humans, nay better than humans, that can not merely replicate animations, but add their own feelings and meaning to it?

You don't reach that point overnight, you need to go through an awful lot of ugly to get to the finished product.

In this I can't tell if he is choosing to miss the point because he is stuck in his tradiotanilst ways and feels threatened, or if he was really simply disgusted and never saw the point to begin with.
>>
>>154110864
Make me fuckboy.
>>
>>154110880
And that would be a good thing.
The industry will not survive forever if stuck in the "slave work for minimal pay" is today. And if networks will give them more money this will mean that anime will become too expensive to be made. And the only way would be to switch to american-like CG stylized shit animated in flash.
>>
>>154110918
The fact that it is real this time makes it more ludicrous, not less. The guy is animemes on legs.
>>
>>154110945
>>154110970
You niggers really don't understand what it is you're asking for. Algorithms do not and cannot have any sort of creativity because algorithms do not have any sort of emotional life experiences to draw inspiration from.
>>
miyazaki is basically steve jobs of anime
dude might be a hot shit but he's an absolute asshole
>>
>>154111045
Low budgets, and "don't give a shit" freelancers do way more damage than that.
>>
>>154110792
>t. someone who's never done anything worth mentioning in his own life
>>
His only fault here is using wrong words and a shitty example of disabled friend.

The point here is animation made by an AI is completely absurd, who the fuck even came up with an idea like this.
>>
>>154111097
Doubtful. At least with don't give a shit freelancers, you can tell they didn't give a shit. Without a machine, you'd end up with something that feels like there is this uncanny void just beneath the surface.
>>
>>154109562
The will to draw is too strong.
>>
>>154111171
With a machine*
>>
>>154109961
That thing was hideous; Miyazaki was completely in the right to be repulsed by that.

However, they FUCKING SAID it could be used for zombie AI, for which it would be perfect. Miyazaki just ignored that and went on to tell a tale about his friend. Dumb.
>>
he has his reasons to be angry, but he raged really hard
he's not thinking from a business stand point, instead of having 20 unpaid neets animating, he could have 10 unpaid neets and a machine easing the workload on people. He is right, and the guys did a bad presentation, but it doesnt give him the rights to be a jackass or simply disregard it as useless without knowing the full potential of the product
>>
>>154109611
They should have shown it to someone who makes walkers or industrial robots. Which they probably did, after wasting enough time with Miyazaki. I'm sure someone who doesn't smell of vinegar and cigarettes would have a much better idea how to implement machine learning, and why it's useful.
>>
>wants gorgeous handcrafted anime
>doesn't want to pay animators
>doesn't want to use machines
For a guy who bitches whenever the camera is pointed at him he sure loves to not think in solutions.
The guy probably thinks it is pre 1990 Japan where you could live comparatively cheap. The guy had a luxury lifestyle when he first started compared with up and coming animators now. Not to mention he had the freedom still to animate for kids, the otaku driven anime paraphernalia industry didn't exist back then. Good luck pitching an original idea for a movie aimed at youngsters nowadays, unless your name is Miyazaki the studios aren't fucking interested.
I work in a hospital for very good pay, and I can't imagine what it is like being an animator, doing literally more work than I do for a fraction of the pay all so you can make cartoons for otaku to make enough cash so you don't starve to death, and then have old pops Miyazaki come along and tell you "anime was a mistake".

The guy makes nice animations and he is really passionate, but he seems to be fucking out of touch with realiy.
>>
Miyazaki has a very narrow and limited viewpoint but these guys fucked up when they said
>We don't mean to do anything by showing it to the world
which is clearly a lie said because at that moment he couldn't stand up to his opinion and then
>we would like to build a machine that can draw pictures like humans do
which not only is in contrat to the previous answer but it is also insulting to the work of artists.

All in all these people are very weak willed and inexperienced, they don't seem to have a clear idea f what they're doing and how to sell it, literally and figuratively.
>>
>>154109562
No need since he stays irrelevant. Exactly what he is.
>>
>>154110329
What the fuck did the Berserk animators do??
You could do shit ten times better with Maya if you tried.
>>
>>154111674
This.
Old people who work for 4-6 hours a day and own apartment and means of production are always eager to spew poison how young people aren't trying hard enough, aren't proactive or creative enough, and have shit taste.
>>
>>154111851
If you don't pay your workers they won't really do any work.
>>
>>154110792
This. I'd understand if he was criticizing their work because it looks unnatural or half-assed but he was just shitting on them because it goes against his morals.
>>
>>154110329

This can't be real.
>>
>>154109611
They just shouldn't have shown a technique to replace animators to someone who is an incredibly bitter animator. Miyazaki is out of touch, he thinks you can somehow have large projects with great animation in the future with no AI/computer assistance, yet he wouldn't be the one footing the bill nor the lowly animator working his ass off for peanuts.

Can't wait for this shit to be used more, provides a lot more interesting animation and movements than your average uninspired animator.
>>
>>154109562
>what is dead may never die
>>
>"Miyazaki senpai, could you pay me some more for working 16 hours a day preceded and followed by a 2 hour commute?"
No.
>"M-Miyazaki senpai could we please use computer assistance to cut down on the workload?"
No.
>"M-M-Miyazaki s-senpai could we start a project targeted at a demographic that is profitable?"
No.

And so, after many years of toiling in such harsh conditions, Miyazaki's cripple friend who he laments in OP's clip was born. He in fact has an entire studio worth of such "friends".
>>
>>154110603
Don't listen to the other fags. You are correct in thinking yourself into another person and finding out how he feels. The fact that these young people diddn't do that or were unable to just shows that they are indeed amateurs. Regardless of subject
>>
Why doesn't somebody just push his ass over?
>>
/a/ needs to get over their bitterness about Miyazaki already.
He's literally one of the best film directors' in the medium, and honestly, he can say whatever he wants because really, he doesn't even know any of you exist, nor cares.
>>
>>154114164
Doesn't matter what you've done, you act like a bitch you get treated like one.
>>
>Be pissed old man because nobody has made a good move in almost 15 years
>Some people ive never heard of ask you to fund their project
>Whatever I'll just go see what theyve got, i have nothing better to do
>Some shitty monster animations that looks 50 times worse than Dead Space, a game that came out 8 years ago
>Tell them to fuck off
>Fat fucks on /a/ rant about you because you want make moe blob high school harem animes
>>
File: fuckoff.jpg (70KB, 400x517px) Image search: [Google]
fuckoff.jpg
70KB, 400x517px
>>154110659
>>154110682
>>154110970
>>154111674
replace yourselves with an AI faggots
>>
>>154114164
To be fair nobody outside of the japan or the weeab world knows or cares who Miyazaki is, so he can go suck a dick in a popularity contest against me.
>>
>>154114427
>miyazaki
>fund a project
no, he doesn't fund his own animators, get the fuck out you newfag
>>
>>154109961

>hurrdurr muh friend

This guy is an idiot. Japs need to learn to tell these figures of authority to fuck off.
>>
>>154116684
You and everyone else hating on Miyazaki for being repulsed by the demonstration are autists.
>>
File: NIGGA HOW BOUT THIS.jpg (29KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
NIGGA HOW BOUT THIS.jpg
29KB, 600x600px
>>154116744
he has the right to dislike it, but not to be an ass about it
not gonna lie, the presentation is shit, but he doesnt think in applications for this technology
he refuses everything new, instead of adapting to it or complementing his work with it
>>
>>154116744

His statement was completely autistic and so are you.
>>
We still need people like Miyazaki. Say what you want but his bitching will promote some type of authenticity somewhere in the industry.
>>
>stop consuming shit
>here, consume my shit
>>
>>154116744
Shitty presentation followed by shitty response. Everyone in that room was being a turbonerd autist, no surprise there I guess though.
>>
>>154116968
I agree
>>
File: ss (2016-08-30 at 01.14.55).png (7KB, 1064x43px) Image search: [Google]
ss (2016-08-30 at 01.14.55).png
7KB, 1064x43px
>>154117189
>>
Post more Miyazaki
>>
>>154109961
>I hate progress because I'm old
I bet at least 50% of people of his age would think that way
>>
>>154116968
For what? He doesn't take risks, he doesn't innovate. After now having had a couple of decades of his work, everyone knows what to expect when Miyazaki announces a new project. We aren't going to be "WOW'd" by it, it will be a nice family film that shows all the best sides of humanity in a bunch of characters put in a dire situation.

Don't get me wrong, he is one of the greatest animators to have graced the earth. But in the latter years he is just knocking and shitting on everything that doesn't follow his ideals, and quite frankly it is starting to get old. The man complains about a lack of good animators, while seemingly ignoring the horrendous work conditions they are subjected to. You can't support a family in a city on an animator's wage anno domini 2017. Grueling hours with no possibility to slack of for even a moment because of all the competetion. Then an industry dictated by the fans, I am sure there are many animators who would like to work on a project akin to Totoro, but studios don't want to sink money into that, money lies in the otaku merchandise sales, so that is what they animate. But boy, here comes Mr Miyazaki stuck in 1980 telling you you are the shitter destroying anime for animating such atrocious shit without an ounce of humanity in it.

Ya, bravo Miyazaki, way to solve the problem. The man is completely out of touch with society.
>>
>>154109562
who was in the wrong here?
Thread posts: 105
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.