[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | | Home]

Fractale

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: 8987-01.jpg (1MB, 1355x1341px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
8987-01.jpg
1MB, 1355x1341px
I really really like this image though and I've never seen this show, it kind makes me want to watch Fractale but I'm worried the show sucks and will ruin my appreciation of this image

Did any of you enjoy this show? Seems like it could be a cozy show
>>
File: 1296423102169.jpg (122KB, 678x519px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1296423102169.jpg
122KB, 678x519px
>>
>>154046119
It had a few good visuals here and there, and the basic concept and setting were pretty interesting, but the implementation and storyline was like a train jumping off a bridge into a giant septic tank filed with 1000 years of feces.
>>
File: fractle slut.jpg (49KB, 640x750px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
fractle slut.jpg
49KB, 640x750px
I watched half of it, but I don't remember anything I saw or what the shoe was about

>>154046119

Did the Atelier dude do the character designs for the show?
>>
>>154046119
How many fractales did your favorite anime sell?
>>
File: IMG_0195.jpg (164KB, 545x1040px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
IMG_0195.jpg
164KB, 545x1040px
>>154046119
You'd be better off finding an art book from the artist or something instead, afaik their designs were overhauled in the anime.
>>
>>154046119
The show isn't very good, but that soundtrack is. Too bad the composer hasn't done anything since Fractale.
>>
>>154046653
This is a good idea will check it out
>>154046755
This is also good to know will check it out
>>
>>154046119
I've never seen Fractale but the promotional art looks nothing like the show, it's a complete bait and switch.
>>
>>154046119
If you really want to watch an anime with Hidari designs then watch Sasami-san. SHAFT are the only ones that adapted the designs properly.
>>
>>154046119
The show sucks, just watch Nadia or E7 or Last Exile or even Xam'd.
>>
>>154046119
Interesting concept, then quickly went to shit, then it got good for a moment when MC got to the techno-city (I really believed things would happen after he got injured cliffhanger), then went to shit again with main heroine history twist being quite fun but it ended so-so at best.
>>
>>154046119
Don't watch it. Yamakan couldn't save anime.
>>
>>154046119
It was disappointing. The show set itself up well, but it never really followed through with any of its big ideas. Things just ended with a rather meek "and then everything was saved" and it never really touched upon any of the interesting ideas it seemed to bring up. It felt a lot more like throwing interesting concepts at the wall and seeing what stuck, as opposed to being anything about an interesting concept.

You'll excuse me if I'm a bit vague about things. I watched it back when it first came out, and didn't bother looking at it since.
>>
>>154046119
it was not that great
>>
>>154046119
I'm still a bit ashamed that I watched Ep1-2 and thought Yamakan will do it for sure this time. I still think he probably has some juice in him but his mental illness is preventing him from achieving anything.
>>
>>154046119
Is completely forgetable plot wise. Also, the designs for the anime aren't the same as that ilustration.
The best thing to come out of it was the soundtrack, it is fucking awesome.
It was one of the biggest steps toward Yamakan retiring from anime.
>>
>>154046119
I feel like Yamakan tried to mash classic setting + plotline with modern stuff. Like Fractale has this simple hero's journey characteristics but he combined it with things from current days anime. The problem is it doesn't mash very well. It should focus on being a classic adventure story (like the shows mentioned by this >>154048244 anon) or something that's more modern, not both of them.

Remember the whole women of the ship trying to take MC's pants off? What the fuck was that about.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]
Please support this website by donating Bitcoins to 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
If a post contains copyrighted or illegal content, please click on that post's [Report] button and fill out a post removal request
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows an archive of their content. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.