[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm not enjoying season 2 as much as I thought I would.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: konosuba.jpg (114KB, 600x438px) Image search: [Google]
konosuba.jpg
114KB, 600x438px
I'm not enjoying season 2 as much as I thought I would. Is the humor just not on point or has it always been like this and was I just swept up in the hype of season 1?
>>
>>154045123
>girls make fun of small dick
>anon doesn't like it
>>
File: micropenis.jpg (204KB, 896x815px) Image search: [Google]
micropenis.jpg
204KB, 896x815px
Megumin isn't as funny, but Darkness was vastly improved. Aqua and Kazuma are still hilarious as always. I'd say S1 and S2 are about equal.
>>
>>154045123
S2 has a better sense for the characters and their interactions, but the situations they find themselves in aren't as interesting as S1.

If they do a third season, it'll be the best of both worlds. Volume 5 is where the author really finds it I think
>>
I can only take the same jokes so many times over before it gets tiring

The characters are growing but they stay the same which is weird
>>
>>154045123
I find the humour in S2 is a little forced. It's like they took the stuff people liked from S1 and just cranked the dial up to 11.

Maybe it's like that in the books, but it feels like too much tryharding.
>>
>>154045482
I too have the feeling that it's more of a: see this is funny right, this is hilarious right?

Than it's actually funny on its own.
>>
It's because seeing all of the crossies in the threads subconsciously depresses you.
>>
File: 1488250725013.jpg (1MB, 1200x842px) Image search: [Google]
1488250725013.jpg
1MB, 1200x842px
>>154045123
S2 Aqua bullying is off the charts. I can't seem to enjoy it like S1 when it was just punchlines. Now its just domestic abuse to maintain her character.
>>
File: 489346436.png (420KB, 557x605px) Image search: [Google]
489346436.png
420KB, 557x605px
Just finished volume 8

Holy shit Eris is unquestionably best girl, volumes 5 and 7 did pretty well presenting their cases for Megumin and Darkness, but volume 8 just blew them away. Eris simply brings out the best of Kazuma as a person without taking away his endearing scumminess.

From this day onwards, I officially join the Eris cult.
>>
>>154045123
The fanbase has become cancerous. You can see similar trend in the Yahari general.

1. Translation slowed down.
2. Retard keep making threads, primarily to circlejerk and reduce any semblance of discussion to mere waifufagging.
3. Cancers such as tripfag and crossboarder (/v/ and /pol/ mainly) start to infest the thread.

There is no one to blame but the fanbase itself.

>>154045614
Yep, this past weeks the threads was pretty damn horrible. You got Youtube 'celeb' circlejerking, ESL circlejerking, and even a cancerous attention whore tripfag begging for attention their mother never gave.

As I say before this season air, this season will be the death of this series on /a/, Konosuba threads will become Madoka/Yahari 2.0. And looks like I'm right.
>>
>>154045123
I'm not sure why people are enjoying S2 less than S1, personally I think its much more fun, I find myself smiling more often than I did last year.
>>
>>154047462

I think people are naively expecting actual plot progression and character development. They have no one to blame but themselves.

Though I must admit, much as I love Vanir, his volume was not exactly the most memorable, the meaty stuff this season will be the Axis cult.
>>
Is S2 also going to be 10 episodes?
>>
>>154045123
Because the humor is forced.
>>
>>154047462
This, for me S2 has been much more funnier than S1
I disapprove Yunyun bullying though, fuck Megumeme and her awful antics
>>
>>154045123
S2 is funnier, you probably wouldn't have liked S1 if you weren't a bandwagonner shitter who enjoys things just because they're memes and gets tired of them as fast as soon as they're not the new hotness anymore.
>>
>>154045123
The only good thing about the second season is that there's not as much Megumeme.
>>
I got some chuckles in S1 but actually got rolling with some of these longer scenes.

They're getting even less accomplished in the face of higher stakes.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.