[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Japanese History

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: Flag_of_Japan.jpg (18KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
Flag_of_Japan.jpg
18KB, 900x600px
I was reading Golden Kamuy and they talk about the Ainu.
So I went to check them and the other ethnicities of Japan.
The majority is Yamato people. Named after the dynasty.
It also says the Yamato is the oldest continuous hereditary monarchy in the world.

So I searched for a while to see if I could find if they ever were "deposed" because I remembered the Sengoku period, but I couldn't understand.
So were they officially removed from power or killed through out the history of Japan?
Or did they always maintained their place even when they effectively had no power and were just figure heads.
>>
File: 354284-664333.jpg (361KB, 899x1279px) Image search: [Google]
354284-664333.jpg
361KB, 899x1279px
Golden Kamuy volume 1 cover
>>
The links:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ainu_people
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yamato_people
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imperial_House_of_Japan
>>
>>154044250
The Tenno had no real power in Japan for like 1000 years, so there never was much of a reason to get rid of him. They only got rid of a Tenno once, and the new Tenno was still of the same family.
Sengoku period is unrelated to the Tenno at all.
What's there not to understand?
>>
>>154044250
>So I searched for a while to see if I could find if they ever were "deposed" because I remembered the Sengoku period, but I couldn't understand.

The Japanese Monarchy have always maintened their position but they started to become figureheads when other powerful families linked to the Imperial line begin to fight each other for power in the 13th century, there a tentatives to return real power to the Emperors but real power as now in the hands of the Daimyo feudal lords and their samurai subordinates.

Shogun (military leader like General) Tokugawa unifacted Japan again in the early 17th century, the Tokugawa are the real rulers of Japan until the Meiji restoration in the 19th century that made Japan into a Constitutional Monarchy with the Emperor was Head Of State like in the United Kingdom.
>>
>>154044722
It could be the expectation that someone deposed the Emperor for their own dynasty like everybody else in the world who had monarchies.

It's hard to finally understand that Japan was oddly advanced in setting up a military dictatorship with a figurehead monarch.

Led to an oddly stable relationship, if it however means the Japanese imperial family has been kept as essentially housepets by warlords for centuries.
>>
>>>/his/
>>
>>154044722
how is it unrelated? it was a war to get each other territory why not kill the king and get even more rights to other territory?
>>
>>154044774
I guess that means that they don't have to change the civil management when a warlord changes.
>>
>>154044774
>Shogun (military leader like General) Tokugawa unifacted Japan again in the early 17th century, the Tokugawa are the real rulers of Japan until the Meiji restoration in the 19th century that made Japan into a Constitutional Monarchy with the Emperor was Head Of State like in the United Kingdom.

see that's a little weird to me if tokugawa was the ruler Yamato's were deposed right?
>>
>>154044819
It was always easier to hold the emperor and his family hostage by the most powerful warlord in Kyoto and have him SAY that that warlord is "his" general and that everybody else should listen to him.
The warlord/shogun gets his own followers to follow him, and for the safety of the emperor, loyalists have to follow the shogun.

For a large part of Japan's history, it's been about whoever could find the most allies out of all the provinces without the neighbors coming by while you attack someone else to take your shit.
>>
>>154044875
Nah, he just kept them around, but they don't really do anything. You could say they were deposed in a practical sense.
>>
File: 71mAfueU-rL.jpg (232KB, 906x1378px) Image search: [Google]
71mAfueU-rL.jpg
232KB, 906x1378px
>>154044916
>>154044783
Thanks I understand it now.

Any favorite manga with japan's or other countries story? I also tried Vinland Saga today, The drawing is beautiful and made me search stuff about the vikings.
>>
>>154044819
Because the Tenno had no teritory to fight over.

>>154044875
You don't really get this the Tenno (aka Yamato) had no real power for a long time part, don't you?
>>
>>154044250
>if they ever were "deposed"
No.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mh5LY4Mz15o

Learn.
>>
>>154045137
i get it now, i do
>>
>>154044875
The Imperial family kept doing their thing in Kyoto and the Tokugawa shogunate ruled Japan from Edo (Tokyo), the Tokugawa even married one of its daughter to the Imperial household to show the "unification" of Japan.
>>
>>154045149
this was very educational.
>>
Since the Emperor appoints the Shogun, it's kinda hard for the shogun to get rid of the imperial family. There have been times when individual emperors were "exiled" or forced to retire. But someone else from the imperial family immediately occupied the imperial throne.
That's why people say that Japan is a country that has been in continuous existence since its founding.
>>
>>154044819
Because the Emperor was not an anointed ruler, he was their god.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.