[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Attack On Titan in the context of Nazi philosophy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: attack-on-titan.png (607KB, 704x416px) Image search: [Google]
attack-on-titan.png
607KB, 704x416px
Do you agree with this video?
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XJhZVmORlM
As a quick summary, the guy thinks that Attack On Titan is an exploration of the philosophy of the self-avowed Nazi Carl Schmitt.

Evidence for this:
>pseudo-Germanic culture
>intro having a distinctly Nazi visual style and nationalistic themes
>Strict separations according to natural ability
>Reliance on an enemy to continually fight but not defeat to focus society
And some more stuff too. Watch the video to find out.

Whaddya think? Do you agree? Do you think its interesting?
>>
>>154042987
Isayama has nationalist sentiments so it's not too far fetched.
>>
>>154042987
Why would they even bother making a second season to this shit when everyone will have forgotten what happened 3 years ago in the first one

I remember literally nothing except the main guy's mom got eaten, he became a titan, and his dad said don't go in the basement.
>>
>>154043590

POSTING SPOILERS IS AGAINST THE RULES YOU CUNT
>>
Oy vey remember the 6 gagillion Marelyans, eotena scum
>>
>"I won't be talking about the manga because the anime will be different"

Why do retards still believe this?
>>
>>154045084
This is really all you need to know. Any one who's read the manga would laugh at the argument here. You could probably make an amusing argument that the characters in Shingeki are Israel, given current developments.

Also
>Strict separations according to natural ability
What are they even talking about here? Oh no, they people in the fucking military are separated out by their ability. They think special forces has a hiring quota?
>>
>>154042987
The Eldians are actual genocidal jews who ruined the world getting what they deserve.
>>
They would love the new arc,it's full of nazi references.

Did he said that the new season won't going to folow the manga? Zekzek disagreed.
>>
>>154043644
>2016
>still offended by spoilers
Everyone's a titan
>>
I didn't read the manga, but yeah, there are a lot of similarities between the show and Schmitt. You see this especially in Schmitt's word about the Röhm-Affair, („Der Führer schützt das Recht vor dem schlimmsten Missbrauch, wenn er im Augenblick der Gefahr kraft seines Führertums als oberster Gerichtsherr unmittelbar Recht schafft.“) where he basically equals Hitler with the Surpreme Court. We can see This in the anime, where the Military Surpreme Court is led by the (pesumably) military dictator Zackley (if I remember his name correctly).

That said, Schmitt wasn't a straight-up nazi and most of ideas seem pretty reasonably as a non-nazi(some french leftist even wrote the forword to some of his books), he just kinda fitted into the whole Nazi-worldview.
>>
what a pseud
>>
Keep calm and gas the Eldians
>>
>>154042987
If you read the manga, the main villains are literally pseudo-nazis
>>
>>154042987
>Wisecrack
The same guys that claimed that one key part of Dark Souls is that it was directed by Hidetaka Miyazaki before going on to focus on the one not directed by Miyazaki and make it all about doors and big guys (but FREEEUUD dude) in their analysis ?

No, you can't make clickbait short videos about philosophy in popular media and get good content.

Im not even gonna click this.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.