[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Oyasumi Punpun

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 119
Thread images: 14

File: Goodnight-Punpun-1.jpg (543KB, 1200x1725px) Image search: [Google]
Goodnight-Punpun-1.jpg
543KB, 1200x1725px
What is /a/ 's thoughts on this manga?
>>
only read it until chapter 57 so far. The art is great but like most manga/anime it feels pretty melodramatic.
>>
File: 20170130_182212.jpg (123KB, 504x441px) Image search: [Google]
20170130_182212.jpg
123KB, 504x441px
>>154033204
Couldn't have said it better myself
>>
File: 12.jpg (843KB, 1979x1400px) Image search: [Google]
12.jpg
843KB, 1979x1400px
>>154032984
It was great besides from the good vibrations shit.
>>
It's pretty good, but even when all Asano series are melodramatic and depressive, Punpun feels a little awkward.
>>
>>154032984
this thread again?
most people agree it is good and could better without those vibrations shit.
>>
>>154032984
is a masterpiece, probably one of the best things ever made in general, not only in the anime/manga
>>
>>154032984
Depressing.
>>
>>154032984
Why is the main character a tampon?
>>
>>154032984
Inio has a problem with projection.
>if things go wrong for me, they can't go right for anyone
Which results in constantly bordering being melodramatic or depressing.
DDDD seems better in that regard.
>>
>>154034650
>DDDD seems better in that regard
>one of the two main girls is delusional
>the second main girl is a closeted depressed trying to drown her actual feelings by being loud and annoying
>there's already a countdown for everyone's life
>>
>>154032984
Depressing but impressive. Could've gone without the sex scenes though.,
>>
>>154034736
Thing is (at least as far as I've read) it plays to the character's flaws as part of them as characters instead of making them the piles of crazy you have in Punpun where literally no one is sane, ever.
DDDD seems to be more about dumb teens being dumb because they are teens and they have fuck else to do and everything is shit, Punpun was showing how everyone everywhere is dysfunctionnal and everything is shit.
>>
>>154034798
More like could've gone without the good vibrations guy
>>
The entire Good Vibrations thing with Punpun's two gay stupid friends was just annoying and dragged. I got it but it was shit.
>>
Overall I really liked it. As others have mentioned the good vibrations stuff was unnecessary and mostly boring. In addition, the ending didn't impress me very much, but nips seem to have a hard to with endings in general.
Still very worth reading for everything else.
>>
>>154033309

Good vibrations shit was good, Without this arc the middle part would just punpun considering suicide for 3 volumes.
>>
>>154035275

No, good Vibrations was fucking boring and wasted a lot of time for so little payoff. Besides, I cared about Punpun's story, not a bunch of autismo cultists.
>>
File: oyasumi-punpun-859423.jpg (100KB, 800x1279px) Image search: [Google]
oyasumi-punpun-859423.jpg
100KB, 800x1279px
That Afro god stuff was truly scary...
>>
>>154035318

>little payoff

Tey litterally save the earth from destruction
>>
>>154035397

It wasn't worth it
>>
>>154035356
I forget how funny the start of Punpun is. Back when it was just about a kid masturbating.
>>
>>154032984
My least favorite series by the author. /a/'s praises for it baffled me. It's fucking, 'In a world were everyone is an unrelatable piece of shit.'
>>
File: tAG_173108.jpg (34KB, 790x438px) Image search: [Google]
tAG_173108.jpg
34KB, 790x438px
Best girl
>>
>>154035476
>it baffled me
>everyone is unreletable
That`s one delusional prick right here.
>>
>>154035476
This is my problem with it, too.
>punpun is depressed and does shit
>all his friends got issues too
>his family got issues too
>his environment got issues too

There's hardly any normal person there. Everybody's fucked up in some way which makes it completely unrelatable.
>>
I liked it, it was well done, but it was also tryhard as hell sometimes.
>>
>>154035542

Midori > Aiko > Nanjo
>>
>>154035552
I'm not sure if it's the author overprojecting and concluding that everyone must be fucked up because he is or if it's just "lol poor people"
Either way it really goes downhill from Punpun having a messed up childhood because his parents are dicks to everyone being a complete mess.
And it would have been much more poignant if it was indeed "Punpun is fucked up because he had a shitty childhood and his parents were dicks" while the rest of the sane world offered a point of comparison.
Are you really mad when the entire world is mad?
>>
>>154035543
Or maybe your life is shit and everyone you know is awful?
>>
>>154032984
Overrated garbage.
>>
>>154035476
>In a world were everyone is an unrelatable piece of shit
So it's just the normal world then?
>>
>>154035476
Personally I could relate to a lot of characters and met people that resembled others in their behavior and problems

But chances are if you lived in an upper class environment and never had to deal with depression you wouldnt relate to it, its not amanga for everyone
>>
>>154035642

Punpun dad was normal. The fucked up one was the mother...

The uncle was also more or less normal, even if he was probably depressed, he was really easy to relate
>>
>>154035677

Don't cut yourself on that edge, faggot.
>>
>>154035552
>There's hardly any normal person there
That sounds pretty normal to be. The only people who ever seem without issues are just the ones you're too distant from to be privy to.
>>
>>154035699
>depressed
>normal
pick one and only one
The uncle was the closest thing Punpun had to a relatable figure because he had the same problems.
FFS he couldn't stand the fact that the girl he wanted to nail was nice to him because he just wanted to nail her.
>>
>>154035707
You can hardly do this without some minor blogshit

I don't know about you but most people I hang out with have some minor issues, like most people, some just got friendzoned by a girl, another guy got cheated on, a girl got dumped by her bf etc. but that's really all there is to it. Nobody makes a big deal out of it.

So yeah, sure, everybody has some issues but Punpun makes it out as if everybody in the world was suicidal / depressed etc.
>>
>>154035642
You have understood nothing. Everyone in the world is fucked up. Humans would kill or rape anyone as long as you'd give them a reason they like. There isn't any need for a 'comparison' and if you think there are people better than others, then it only proves that you're still a child. And you shouldn't be here.
>>
>>154035670
Like the human brain and especially yours.
>>
File: kdhskaak.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
kdhskaak.gif
2MB, 500x281px
>>154032984
There's nothing good about it, there's nothing bad about it.
>>
Well Punpun has issues because of his family, and it makes sense for fucked up people to only be able to hold relationships with other fucked up people.
>>
>>154035777
See, that's precisely what I meant by "overprojecting"
>>
>>154035777
>everybody is an irredeemable piece of trash

Holy shit I didn't know 13 year olds were allowed to browse /a/.
>>
>>154035800
Don't take it personally. You've invested too much of yourself into a mediocre at best manga.
>>
File: Goodnight Punpun v12 p100.png (402KB, 1162x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Goodnight Punpun v12 p100.png
402KB, 1162x1600px
>>154035542
Yes. But next time post her better haircut.
>>
>>154035683
>But chances are if you lived in an upper class environment and never had to deal with depression
But depression is an upper class problem? If you are poor you don't have time to be depressed, you have to work for you food or die.

>>154035777
>Mouthpiece of teenagers everywhere.
>>
>>154035777

No, everyone in the world is not fucked up. We all have our own problems but are able to deal with them and function normally. In Punpun everybody in the whole fucking world lives an absurdly terrible life. It's like reading a manga of one of those Korean movies that is obviously just trying too hard to make you feel bad and everyone around the protagonist is an utter shitbag.

You are actually the one who sounds like a child because you're convinced that everybody in the world must be as fucked up and unhappy as you obviously are. And that's the problem with Goodnight Punpun too. It's just TOO fucking cynical. You could literally just title it "Some Kid's Unbelievably Shit Life." the universe literally revolves around making his life horrifying and the author even said that at the end the guy is a soulless wreck who only keeps living because he's too pussy to an hero, so there is nothing but eternal living suffering for him. What's the fucking point? There is no purpose to the manga besides to depress the reader with this absurdly shit world.
>>
>>154035866
>t's like reading a manga of one of those Korean movies that is obviously just trying too hard to make you feel bad and everyone around the protagonist is an utter shitbag.
Or alternately, Zola in contemporary Japan
>>
File: Chapter64pg12.png (132KB, 256x412px) Image search: [Google]
Chapter64pg12.png
132KB, 256x412px
>>154035356
>scary
He was the best boy, watch your mouth, faggot.
>>
>>154035847
Upper class depression stems from inactivity lack of fulfillment.
Lower class depression stems from powerlessness and lack of choice..
>>
>>154032984
Great series. I'm due for another reread of it so I can tell myself that this is the last year of being a suicidally depressed neet shut-in for the nth year in a row.
>>
>>154035964
Kill yourself
>>
File: 1471627492850.png (151KB, 341x314px) Image search: [Google]
1471627492850.png
151KB, 341x314px
>>154035998
Stop bolstering my will to live.
>>
Punpun is literally an overly long and shittier version of No Longer Human. Just watch the 4 episodes or whatever of No Longer Human in Aoi Bungaku.
>>
>>154036019
Darn. It was worth a shot.

Considering your shit taste in anime and manga and complaints about depression I was hoping you'd be suggestible, but it looks like you're just melodramatic and exaggerating.

You really should kill yourself though.
>>
>>154035847
>But depression is an upper class problem?
Its not, depression isnt a fucking first world problem

>>154035866
The characters were fucked up but they werent all dirtbags. If anything they treated each other pretty well given their circumstances
>There is no purpose to the manga besides to depress the reader with this absurdly shit world.
I didnt find it depressing, it was very cathartic to me and I felt more fulfilled after finishing it.
I'll keep saying what I said, this manga isnt for everyone because it takes a particular experience in life to fully enjoy it
I'm not judging you for it but please dont shit on something you literally cant understand
>>
>>154036055
Should and will are two different things.
Although I'm a bit concerned about how invested in this you are.
>>
>>154035866
People often gravitate towards those similar to themselves. Happy and well-adjusted people stay together and the dysfunctional and depressed are left with others like themselves.
Not every story needs to have happy ending and if you can't see the interesting in an emotional ride into cynical absurdity, then this is just not for you.
>>
>>154036076
You enjoy anime and manga that I don't find to be good, so I would be happier if you were dead. It's not complicated.

You're just trying to get attention with your complaints though and aren't depressed at all. I'll ignore you from here on out because that's become obvious.
>>
>>154036086
It's just not very well written.
>>
>>154032984
Mediocre critique of a modern society done by a probable bullying victim and largely overhyped by fedora tipping edgelords.
>>
File: sailor merc1.jpg (89KB, 638x475px) Image search: [Google]
sailor merc1.jpg
89KB, 638x475px
>>154036112
>You enjoy anime and manga that I don't find to be good, so I would be happier if you were dead. It's not complicated.
Poor taste AND a sociopath?
Maybe I should be the one taking pity on you.
>>
>>154032984
Too depressing for me.
>>
>>154036060

>you just didn't get it man because anyone who doesn't like this manga just hasn't suffered in life

Are you retarded?
You don't know what kind of life everybody in this thread has lived. Stop acting like you are some wise hero who climbed out of the slums and everybody else was born with a silver spoon. Do you want people to go full blogshit and tell you how bad their lives were and we all measure our sadfuck e-peen?

Asano literally wrote this manga because he thought that there was too much manga out there about happy people and he wanted to do a manga about someone whose life was total garbage. So that's what he did, he went all out and made a story that was crafted at every possible level to depress the reader with the tale of this utterly hopeless guy living in a universe where everything is awful.

People respond either two ways. They're depressed at this guy's shit life, or they're like you and go "wow this guy's life is so terrible I feel better about myself." Both groups of people "get it," that doesn't mean that it was good. You can "get it" and still think it's a bunch of tryhard garbage that goes so far over the line and is so full of itself trying to make you feel bad that at some point it just becomes ridiculous.

It's like the Good Vibrations bullshit, where they're fighting against evil and they save the world in a solipsist sense by doing some wacky bullshit and the stars align and Punpun doesn't die so his world is saved or whatever the fuck. I "get it," but it doesn't change that that whole saga was boring, not worth it, and wasted too much fucking time. The whole manga is like that.

This is basically like Leaving Las Vegas or some other tryhard art movie that is beautifully crafted but then when you're leaving the theatre you realize there was no point to it other than to emotionally manipulate you into feeling something, there is no actual lasting message or deeper meaning.
>>
>>154034650
>if things go wrong for me, they can't go right for anyone
Where did you get that from?
>>
>I am miserable so I must make everyone around me miserable as well
I don't really understand what was driving the characters. T'was ok I guess.
>>
>>154036200
Just because you found it boring and meaningless doesn't mean everyone else did.

>>154036112
>You enjoy anime and manga that I don't find to be good, so I would be happier if you were dead. It's not complicated.
How fucking miserable must your life be for you to think that way, you are worse than Punpun.
>>
It's amazing how the only defense Punpun apologists have is "well I liked it" or "you just didn't get it." Every time.
>>
>art is something that can/needs to be defended
its like some braindead people here have never lived. oyasumi punpun was shit in my opinion by the way. but if people enjoyed it that makes it art. if even one degenerate asshole felt moved by a picture of a butthole. GODDAMN IT ITS ART. AND THE BEST KIND. IT ACTUALLY FUCKING MOVED SOMEONE HOLY SHIT. CAN YOU DO THAT?
>>
>>154036568
Because the only critiques people make are subjective shit like "its edgy" or "the characters are unrelatable"
>>
>>154036244
The fact that not a single person in the entire series is anywhere near "okay".
Everyone is bonkers in one way or another.
>>
>>154036684

You are the reason modern "art" is garbage. Nothing is free of criticism.
>>
It was Fucking gay. I hate myself for reading it all yo. Punpuns friends were cool but punpun and aiko were being bitch ass niggas
>>
>>154036716
Except that's wrong. Read the thread.
>>
>>154036568
It's completely driven by the characters, so of course you are going to hate it if you don't relate to or particularly like any of the them and vice versa. There isn't really much to get either, Punpun is depressed and miserable, so you read it rooting for him to improve, which he ultimately fails. Sad, but sometimes that's just how it is.
There are flaws that others have pointed out already and it is by no means a masterpiece as some would claim, but not everything has to be.
>>
>>154036847
But most of the reasons that people didnt like it are the same reasons other people loved it
Some people loved the absurd cynicism
Some people loved the crazy characters
Some people loved the surreal atmosphere
>>
>>154036751
Making your story about certain kinds of people doesn't mean you think they're the only kinds there are. It just means that they're the ones you want to make a point about in that story.
There's no "normal people quota" fiction has to abide by.
>>
>>154036990

Then why even bother defending it and saying those people "didn't get it" or "are wrong" since it's all opinions apparently?
>>
>>154032984
Overhype shit. I mean I thought it was deep and shit when /a/ say it was good but after reading it, I know it's just a story of a shithead name punpun.
>>
>>154037040
>Making your story about certain kinds of people doesn't mean you think they're the only kinds there are.
Of course, but when that is the ONLY thing there is, then it might be a hint.
The fact that Inio's other works tend to have this problem doesn't help either.
>>
>>154037104
There are normal people though. They're just not as relevant to the story.
>>
I know two people who are huge fans of Punpun and this artist. They are both huge depressed art major hipsters. They recommended me this and some other story about some kids in a seaside town and it's always about how life sucks.

Now I'm not going to make any kind of judgement here, but I feel like this means something.
>>
>>154037182
You clearly are making a judgement though if you think it means something.
Might as well go ahead and say what you think it means. That people like fiction that reflects their world view?
>>
>>154037048
I never said anyone was wrong
But I do believe not everyone has the life experience needed to fully appreciate it. It doesnt make me better than you, it just means the manga isnt made for everyone and there is nothing wrong with that.

If I didnt workout, I wouldnt be shitting on Danberu nan kiro moteru? because I didnt get the humor for example
>>
File: haibane_renmei-13388.jpg (20KB, 500x283px) Image search: [Google]
haibane_renmei-13388.jpg
20KB, 500x283px
>>154036076
>that fucking upscale
>>
File: 1478076096756.jpg (109KB, 614x1055px) Image search: [Google]
1478076096756.jpg
109KB, 614x1055px
>>154032984
Read it when I was going through a heavy depression myself.
It was a strangely healing experience, even if Aiko's tragic fate hit me like a brick.
>>
File: 1476021987971.png (153KB, 1969x1400px) Image search: [Google]
1476021987971.png
153KB, 1969x1400px
Literally the best panel
>>
Was mostly good until the final story arc completely shit the bed with unrealistic melodramatic nonsense.

Also everyone ITT is gay.
>>
>>154037397
>I never said anyone was wrong

Yeah you did, asshole. All that shit about how you need a specific set of life circumstances to get it and if you didn't live some life you're not going to get it and all that bullshit.
>>
>>154037572
>not " 'Sup "
>>
>>154037627
>Also everyone ITT is gay.
Including yourself of course
>>
>>154034736
At least the girls are cute. Also WHY THE FUCK SENSEI DIDN'T GIVE HER THE D? FUCK. SHE WAITED UNTIL GRADUATION.
>>
>>154035552
Most people are actually fucked up inside, they just fake it better. You're fucked up too, otherwise, why would you be here?
>>
>>154037654
If you cant comprehend that some works are made for a specific audience in mind and arent really meant to be enjoyed by outsiders then what the fuck are you doing reading manga in the first place?
>>
>>154037984

>u just can't comprehend hur hur

Always the same shit.
>It's not really your opinion, you just don't understand, if you did you'd be smart and like it like I do
>>
Wait people consider the ending a "bad ending"? Shit, it was a happy, bittersweet ending for everyone. It'd be sad if PunPun and everyone else died.
>>
>>154035552
are you a speedreader?
there are sane people in Punpun, the story just did not give a shit about them, because sane people are boring.
>>
>>154038057

He has no fucking will to live but is too much of a coward to kill himself so he has to live as a broken man chained to some bitch for the rest of his life. The point of the ending is that the pain never ends. It was a bad ending.
>>
>>154038041
>The manga is made for a specific audience and isnt made to appeal to everyone
>hurr you're just a pretentious asshole
Go fuck yourself
>>
>>154038161

Ah the facade of the intellectual crumbles and you reveal yourself, pretentious asshole. Get mad, shitter.
>>
>>154038041
>It's not really your opinion, you just don't understand, if you did you'd be smart and like it like I do
Are you quoting yourself? Because the most butthurt tryhard here seems to be you.
>>
>>154036086
>People often gravitate towards those similar to themselves

>Loners gravitating towards loners

Funny thought.
>>
>>154038242

Projecting hard there, aren't you?
>>
>>154035476

It's normalfags reeee the manga. Probably why a lot of people here relate to it. Probably means you're a normalfag too.
>>
>>154038134
Nah, I saw that ending as a speck of hope for everyone involved. The bitch that hanged was pretty much the root cause of 90% of PunPun's shit. By dying she freed him to start over with someone else, with a new family and friends. He was getting worse and worse, especially after he reconnected with her, as seen by his form changing constantly. In the end he was the same he was as a kid, ready to go into another direction if he wants to. He's still depressed as fuck, but he's alive.
>>
>>154037791
Well duh
>>
>>154038134
I'm a pessimist fuck but you're channeling too much of /r9k/ there m8.
>>
Right know I'm in the chapter 72 and so far my favourite characters are :

-the man who bet his relation with main girl in a badminton game even with ankle troubles

-Sekky (I think) and his friend who belive in the poop god
>>
>>154038324
That funny,because pumping is a r9k tier normalfag.
>>
>>154038278
Again, are you talking to yourself? You are the one that seems mad about people enjoying things you don't enjoy.
>>
>>154038222
>insults people
>is surprised people insult him back
as i said go fuck yourself
>>
>>154037471
I was also depressed while reading Punpun, but afte finishing it, I just got a strong feeling of lack of purpose in life, and that our ego are often crafting bullshit to pretend our relevance despite we are just animals going throught the cycle of life.
>>
>>154038416

No, buddy.
https://mangabrog.wordpress.com/2014/07/06/inio-asano-interview-reality-is-tough-so-read-this-manga-about-cute-girls-and-feel-better/

Asano: It’s too clear-cut an ending for the story. It wraps it all up a little too well. Living is harder than dying, see, so I thought this was the most painful, worst possible ending for Punpun, and that’s why in the end I went with this final chapter.

–The worst ending is the truest ending for this manga, you’re saying.

Asano: Yes. But there are also some people out there who say it was a happy ending. It’s fiction, after all, so I’m all for people making of it what they will
>>
>>154038486
He became a tranny after he ended so the hormones are fucking with his brain.
>>
>>154038535
Kek. That was a mistranslation.
>>
So I am trying to find something to read after punpun that is down the same theme. Is aku no hana any good or do you guys have better suggestions.
>>
I refuse to read any manga that isn't completely hand drawn.
>>
>>154040173

Read Usumaru Furuya's No Longer Human.
Thread posts: 119
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.