[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

For those of us who have played the game and are watching the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 10

For those of us who have played the game and are watching the anime, what do you think so far?
Is it better or worse than the game?

Personally I think it's worse.
>>
File: 1472717418164.png (1MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1472717418164.png
1MB, 1600x900px
It would be impossible for it to be as good or superior. I think it is ok tough.

also Berseria anime when
>>
File: abyss20_title.jpg (133KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
abyss20_title.jpg
133KB, 1280x720px
>>154025558
>It would be impossible for it to be as good or superior.
What are you talking about? Zestiria was just not good at all. Everyone expected the anime to right all it's wrongs.

A Berseria anime would be fucking terrible though. You can't cram 80+ hours of plot into an anime and still make it coherent and paced well.

Even Abyss had to cut out every single fight except 3 to stuff it's plot in 26 episodes.
>>
>>154025378
It's failing on the same issues that the game failed on: too much focus on irrelevant bullshit. More than half the second cour was spent on Rose or Alisha, but neither of their backstories are relevant at all to the overall plot. As a result, we have 4 episodes left and we still know absolutely nothing about Heldalf, Camlann, Michael, or Maotelus.
>>
>>154025855
>As a result, we have 4 episodes left and we still know absolutely nothing about Heldalf, Camlann, Michael, or Maotelus.
I'm starting to think the anime is going to end with a bad end or something, showing this is what happens when Sorey prioritizes menial shit over the lord of calamity stomping around turning everything he touches into hell.
>>
>>154025920
I find it funny that the anime essentially justified game Sorey leaving Alisha's ass to rot in Hyland when she was kidnapped. He legitimately had more important things to do, and Alisha's drama would have just held him back from doing it. It's also showing that game Lailah was right to not allow Sorey to stick his neck out for others too much.
>>
>>154026709
>He legitimately had more important things to do
I think the context between them was quite different though.
The anime is also kinda missing the point about why dragons are unable to be purified and what that means.
>>
>>154026804
No the context is the same, anime Sorey just doesn't have any direction. To be honest, considering how the series has been handled thus far, I don't think that Ufotable even knows what dragons mean to the Zestiria. They're just treating them as a bigger and stronger hellion.
>>
>>154025378
I'm enjoying it, but the faults make me just want to stick to the game.
>>
>>154026804
>The anime is also kinda missing the point about why dragons are unable to be purified and what that means.

You literally purify your first dragon who becomes a vessel of the land in the game though before you actually had to fight any other dragon.
>>
>>154025378

Never even picked it up, because I can't even imagine a new actress voicing Lailah. Judging by these threads, I made the right decision.
>>
>>154029246

You purify a lot of seraphs-turned-hellions, which didn't qualify as true dragons for reasons I can't remember.
>>
>>154030046
You really aren't missing anything.
>>
>>154030326

What made Ufo fall? They were doing so great, riding on Fate mania, raking in mad cash with top tier quality. Then suddenly, they can't finish their shows properly, production and scheduling turn a disaster time after time again, shows flop...
>>
>>154025378
Damn, the game was pretty boring, the anime must be really bad then
>>
>>154026804
Something tells me they're going to asspull Eizen back into existence
>>
>>154029246
That wasn't a dragon.
Game Sorey never "purified" any dragon, they just murder them.
>>
>>154031217
They'd better to. I was okay with the game's finish when he was a faceless long-gone nobody, but then they just had to make him the broest of bros in Berseria, and I just can't deal with it anymore
>>
File: C5r3nd8UsAEuwlW.jpg-orig.jpg (77KB, 500x529px) Image search: [Google]
C5r3nd8UsAEuwlW.jpg-orig.jpg
77KB, 500x529px
>Sorey/Mikleo are yuri while Rose/Alisha are BL
I will never get tired of this meme
>>
>>154034138
To me it's more like Mikleo is Sorey's wife, and Rose and Alisha are just frenemies, competing for the role of heroine.
>>
Anyone else fell like Baba turns women hotter than his main Heroines (I'm counting Rose in Zesty's case because Baba changed the plot to accomidate her) into villains as a way to tell us to fuck off or troll us?
Then again maybe it's just I have a small sample size with Graces and Zestiria.
Even evil I'd still take Emerauld over Cheria
>>
>>154034766

Producers don't write screenplays, and Edna isn't a villain, so I have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>154034833
>Flat chests
>Hot
Whydontyouhaveaseatoverthere.png
>>
>>154034766
Producers don't write screen plays, and even if you want to argue executive meddling the only thing Baba did was push Rose into the story and "make her the heroine".

According to Yamamoto the actual scriptwriter Alisha was always meant to fall short of being the heroine and there was actually more ideas behind Maltran being evil. The biggest purpose being to show Alisha that her moralfagging was making her incapable of seeing the real world as it was.

Anime Alisha has no flaws and therefore Maltran who was there to point out Alisha's flaws was made into a good person.
>>
>>154029246
>You literally purify your first dragon who becomes a vessel of the land

That was a drake iirc
>>
>>154029246
That was a drake.
>>
>>154035143
>The biggest purpose being to show Alisha that her moralfagging was making her incapable of seeing the real world as it was.
That's stupid. I play video games to escape the real world, not to be reminded how shit it is in my video games.
>>
File: toz-e.png (2MB, 1100x1300px) Image search: [Google]
toz-e.png
2MB, 1100x1300px
>>154035006

Only small-minded people let superficial details limit their appreciation of beauty and sexiness! Repent now!
>>
>>154035279
The purpose of a JRPG is to tell you an interactive story, it doesn't have to be one filled with sunshine and rainbows.

Then again that may be why otaku gate her story in the game, it was about how you should stop being a chunni and a NEET and go do something of consequence.
>>
>>154025693
>You can't cram 80+ hours of plot into an anime
But boring coridor exploration is not part of the plot, the only thing that make the game overly long is oversized map & grinds, but mainly map size.
>>
>>154025378
evil cake isn't dead yet?
>>
>>154036310
She's good now.
>>
>>154036492
picked up
>>
File: not sure kob.png (710KB, 711x720px) Image search: [Google]
not sure kob.png
710KB, 711x720px
>>154025378

What was her deal in the game?

I know she betrayed Alisha, but I can't remmeber if she was a demon or what
>>
>>154036579
She was a hellion and supposedly working for Heldalf. Her plot was a rushed mess.
>>
>>154035190
This. Drake's aren't dragons.
Also you couldn't purify dragons because the effort kills the seraphim regardless Just like with the Gorgon hellions.
>>
The whole "purifying the dragon" scene was absolute bullshit.

First off it misses that the whole approach of beating down malevolence head on was completely WRONG. That approach was developed by Lailah and her tact of finding militant murderhobo shepherds to purify the world with FIRE was the main reason everything got so fucked up. In fact if you take that approach and beat down KittyBeard like any other mob you literally get the BAD ending.

Second the anime completely misses the point that purification takes a physical toll on the hellion as well. Some of the hellions that you couldn't purify were because the victims were clinging onto their pain and suffering for dear life. You couldn't burn out the disease without killing them outright, and several bosses existed to slam this point home. It was yet another reason why Lailah's approach was flawed.

Thirdly is the game actually showed a proper way to purify an unstoppable source of malevolence. KIttybeard's overarching plot revealed exactly where and why he fell into becoming a hellion, eventually becoming the lord of calamity. It is only by learning the horrible truth about BOTH of their pasts when Sorey learns that purification is more an act of atonement than an act of burning out evil.

None of these lessons were used to heal the dragon in the anime. Sorey went FULL Lialah (you never go full Lailah) and he simply burned the dragon out leaving nothing behind. It's dumb and this anime is dumb.
>>
>>154037143
The entire lore & ruleset that established doesn't mean shit anymore in this anime.
>>
File: semonne.jpg (52KB, 600x425px) Image search: [Google]
semonne.jpg
52KB, 600x425px
>>154037496
Yes. That much is obvious.

Well let's just watch Sorey go for the Lailah ending except it's the good ending because winners write the history books.
>>
>>154037143
>That approach was developed by Lailah and her tact of finding militant murderhobo shepherds to purify the world with FIRE was the main reason everything got so fucked up
>beat down KittyBeard like any other mob you literally get the BAD ending

What? Lailah didn't invent the world mechanics, and you literally beat Kittybeard like any other mob.
>>
>>154038440
> You beat kittybeard just like any mob
> Literally using a Chekov's Gun mystic artifact to break kittybeard's pact so he is weak enough to even think of healing
> Spending the next 100 years in a coma just to fix the damage from Lailah's mess.

Go away stupid fire seraph.
>>
I never pursued the sidequest but is it possible to save Eizen without killing him?
Is it ever revealed what turned him into a hellion/demon ?

is it because he finally got tails when flipping his coin?
>>
>>154038652

Strictly speaking, separating him from Maotelus with Siegfried isn't related to purifying him. It's just to level the playing field. Then you beat him like any other mob, because that's the only way to purify a powerful hellion, and that's how it's been since the days of Artorius. It's got nothing to do with Lailah.
>>
>>154039022
It's established very early in the story that purifying hellions means taking on the weight of their malevolence. The main plot does exactly that. It walks you through the sequence of events leading up to him becoming the lord of calamity. You literally can not get the good ending without knowing the truth behind his suffering.

And then you get to mash buttons to beat him down in the final battle of course. No game is complete without a final battle.
>>
>>154039280

Well, that was more a spiritual journey for the characters, and less about the metaphysics. Would they view hellions as mindless beasts or try to understand them. Sorey opting for the latter was exceptional for an excorcist/Shepherd. You could argue that it gave him the mindset necessary to defeat Heldalf and he would've failed otherwise, but the mechanics of purification remain the same either way.
>>
>>154039431
The point is that they couldn't just burn out Heldalf to save him. They can't just burn out screeching banshees to save them. So how can Sorey just burn out dragons to save them?
>>
File: 429660_20170211142923_1.png (3MB, 3200x1800px) Image search: [Google]
429660_20170211142923_1.png
3MB, 3200x1800px
>>154038849
its rushed and basically an afterthought. you just kill him and edna mourns.
>>
>>154041259
well that sucks
>>
File: vlcsnap-2461-11-10-08h11m09s467.png (2MB, 1920x1090px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2461-11-10-08h11m09s467.png
2MB, 1920x1090px
W-what the fuck? There were literal batallions of shepherds that tried to purify dragons and failed. The problem isn't that no one was strong enough. They had more than enough strong shepherds in the past. The problem is that the oath of purification is the wrong tool for saving dragons.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.