[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Ma si jolie femme what did she mean by this? also what does

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

>Ma si jolie femme
what did she mean by this?
also what does that broken french exactly mean?
>>
>>153971544
She means she wants to be a wife.
>>
>>153971761
No it says she wants a good wife.
>>
>>153971804
Doesn't it mean she wants a beautiful wife?
>>
>>153971544
>broken french
It's not broken.
>>
>>153972196
what does it literally translate to?
if it's not broken, why can't I find any exact same phrase when looking it up on google?
>>
So how fucked is the Sora no Woto world, /a/? How can so much of the land be totally uninhabitable? Were nukes used? Even if they were used large scale, it doesn't make areas unsafe for life. Even most of the chernobyl exclusion zone is fine now. Hiroshima and Nagasaki are fine. It's implied the war that really fucked shit up happened decades if not longer, considering the tech the soldiers are currently given.
>>
>>153972274
My very pretty wife.
>>
>>153972274
"My so pretty wife"
>>
>>153971544
She wants to be Aisha's wife.
>>
>>153972277
Fucked enough that even the remaining habitable land is slowly being desertified, according to the OVA.
>>
>>153972274
My beautiful wife
>>
>>153972277
>Even if [nukes] were used large scale, it doesn't make areas unsafe for life.
some panos of deserted places are shown, some of the world was probably so fucked up it became deserted, with everything destroyed, and the people moved to the more "intact" centres, not having time/resources/need to rebuild
it also likely helped that a hell of a lot of people likely died during the war
>>153972301
>>153972309
0k thanks a lot
would you say that phrase means she wants to be a so/very pretty wife, or she wants one?
>>
>>153972389
that'd be lewd, see filename
>>
>>153972274
>why can't I find any exact same phrase when looking it up on google
Probably because it sounds "weird" and would never be used seriously in a real conversation. It's something you can find in novels or poetry though.
>>
>>153972642
>would you say that phrase means she wants to be a so/very pretty wife, or she wants one?
Given how autistic Noël is, she wants to be one since she wears it around her neck.
>>
>>153972642
>would you say that phrase means she wants to be a so/very pretty wife, or she wants one?
/u/ thinks she wants to marry the brown girl
everyone else, on the other hand, is wrong
>>
>>153972389
Why would you marry the girl whose squad you annihilated with old world horrors beyond comprehension? The same girl who would like nothing better than to stab you in the neck and watch you struggle to stay conscious as you gasp for air and drown in your own blood?
>>
>>153972990
She's got great tits.
>>
>>153972477
>>153972642
Yeah the desertification is what seems odd to me. It seems to imply that that was rapidly accelerated by something either used during the war, or possibly before and the war was just a consequence of nations land grabbing to escape the problems caused by desertification.

If it's the the former, it would imply some sort of bio-weapon which killed all plant life in areas, and left the ground infertile. It would make sense in that case that the survivors currently living can't survive on that land because nothing can grow.

If it's the latter, then maybe some sort of natural phenomenon occurred like a meteor strike and really fucked up the climate, killing tons of trees and plants. Or maybe a super volcano went off and blocked out the sun for a few generations.
>>
File: enough.jpg (258KB, 1920x2160px) Image search: [Google]
enough.jpg
258KB, 1920x2160px
>>153972990
Did we even watch the same show?
>>
>>153973112
The earth was invaded by giant bird aliens/bioweapons, that's gotta be bad for the environment.
>>
>>153972735
ah, I see, 'preciate the explanation
>>153972741
hey this makes sense
>>153972990
>Why would you marry the girl whose squad you annihilated
she was a damn kid she didn't have a clue what she was doing and she's obviously feeling very guilty about
>The same girl who would like nothing better than to stab you in the neck
are you being this dense on purpose?
>>
>>153973016
s-stop saying lewd things captain!
>>153973112
I imagined a lot of big ass bombs that burned everything down and killed a lot of people, and since peace treatise were being discussed nobody was really sure the war would really stop, so they didn't bother rebuilding so much from scratch because it might just be destroyed the next week
>>
>>153973273
>>153973451
>>153973580
Aisha is religious, and thus likely believed that forgiving her enemy before death would get her in God's favor. Dying with hatred in your heart is not the way to go.

Anyway, since she lived, I'm sure she hasn't completely forgiven Noel. They might be able to talk it out, and they might not be able to. Even Aisha forgiving Noel doesn't mean that she thinks it was okay for her to do what she did. Aisha can forgive her and still hold it against her as a person. I'm sure Aisha suffers just as much if not more when those memories come flooding back into her mind.
>>
Literally: "My so beautiful woman", where "my woman" typically implies "my wife". Could be seen written on a sappy valentine card, too corny for any other modern context.
>>
>>153973698
>Aisha is religious, and thus likely believed that forgiving her enemy before death would get her in God's favor. Dying with hatred in your heart is not the way to go.
Pure speculation about her motives. In general, if you have to start using "but they didn't really mean it" to defend your interpretation of a character, then your interpretation is less likely to be correct. It's additional complexity with no additional explanatory power.
>>
>>153974071
I think it's a mistake to just take every character at face value and assume they have no hidden motives. We have no idea what Aisha was up to between the point at which her squad was killed and the point at which she was dying of hypothermia. She has a good reason for putting on a kind face and getting all cozy with what technically amount to her enemy captors. It might also be a form of stockholm syndrome wherein she sees that these enemies are just scared girls like she is/was and thus more pitiable than worth fighting against. She's deep in enemy territory and probably wouldn't live long enough to make it back home, so putting on a pleasant face and trying to stay on their good side is the best way to stay alive long enough to get traded back to her nation.
>>
>>153974395
This doesn't even make sense.
>>
File: 1483249379483.jpg (153KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1483249379483.jpg
153KB, 1920x1080px
>>153972642
She wants to become a wife, besides being crazy, suffering from PTSD and spending too much time around machines.

>>153972277
It's a big mystery, but then again revealing those on a Season 2 would end the fun and speculah, right?
>>
>>153976190
What doesn't make sense?
>>
>>153974395
>I think it's a mistake to just take every character at face value and assume they have no hidden motives.
Characters aren't real people, if something isn't show or at least suggested then it isn't part of them. What you describe is headcanon, fanfiction material.
>>
>>153977263
The part about not taking a character at face value for evidence as to why your interpretation is the correct one.
>>
>>153977677
>>153978022
I realize what I'm saying is speculation, but that doesn't mean it couldn't be true. If we take Aisha at face value then sure, she's totally okay with Noel now after talking to her for a few hours. She's totally cool with the fact that Noel killed most if not all of her friends and nearly killed her.

I'm just speculating that she might not be so sincere considering the circumstances she finds herself in when she actually meets Noel.
>>
>>153978431
I mean, possibly, but there's also no reason to suspect otherwise. Her life is saved by them multiple times, they defend her with their own lives and basically defect in order to protect her, it's made clear that Noel was manipulated into doing what she did, as a child no less, and then they end the entire war.
>>
>>153978431
>but that doesn't mean it couldn't be true
No, it means it. There is not more in a fictional world than what is show. Everything else it's product of your own imagination.

>I'm just speculating that she might not be so sincere considering the circumstances she finds herself in when she actually meets Noel.
That has a name: THEORY
>>
>>153978606
Sure, I just think it's fun to think about.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.