[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tiger Mask W

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 20

>[HorribleSubs] Tiger Mask W - 20 [720p].mkv
...in which Hell in the Hole concludes

10/10 episode, folks
>>
Looks like Miss X is going to enjoy Mr. X's punishment, I hope it won't be off-screen...
>>
Great episode. Nice to see Takuma/Kevin friendship really grow over Hell in the Hole. Glad that Odin got his redemption as well.
>>
>>153917035
Even Jesus in NANOMACHINES can't stop that madman.

>>153917615
I feel bad for Billythekidman, doe. Dude was left behind.
>>
Great episodes,

Glad Odin got his happy ending.
>>
>>153917722
Yeah, poor Billy the Kidman. He was a good faithful partner and it ended badly for him.
>>
The Tiger's Den I know would never have allowed three of them to win.
>>
>>153918198
Well, then welcome to the 21th century, grandpa.
>>
Honestly ever since the Hell in the Hole "arc" started the episodes have been really fucking solid.

It's a shame the Gate Keeper was a fucking robot, I hoped for good actual opponent.
>>
>>153918442
It's obvious that they needed an way to showcase The Third's strength without having him intend to get into a fight. That's where the robot comes in. Going haywire and forcing him to put it down in a display of strength.
>>
>>153918529
>That's where the robot comes in.
There's more to it.

The fact Blackout is a weapon, and would attack indiscriminately, and ultimately struck its owner, is simply yet another aspect of the humanist message that is synonymous with the Tiger Mask brand itself.

Same thing as best girl going out of her way to be a nurse, even when she's filthy rich enough not to have to spend so much of her time amidst pain and feces.
>>
I didn't know Ladybeard was a robot all along.

10/10 episode today.
>>
>>153918198
Well, Takuma and Kevin are still fighting for GWM.

The real anomaly, compared to a 1969 Tiger's Den, is Odin getting a happy ending.

They'd probably kidnap Catherine to force him back into the ring.
>>
This was brutal as fuck. I love how red death mask's plan backfired.
>>
>>153918945
Is the old series worth watching?
Usually I can't really get into older series.
>>
RDM should have used the table and chair while waiting for the others to finish their fight.
>>
>>153918961
I loved how cold blooded Takuma and Kevin were in this clip.
>>
>>153918961
If only Toei animated DBS fights as good as this
>>
>>153919015
>Usually I can't really get into older series.
You're not going to get into them via a 1960s Toei series with over a hundred episodes.
Also note that it's not subbed and the only dub is Italian.
>>
>>153919099
>Italian
That's surprising. I would've expected Spanish or Portuguese.
>>
>>153919015
Admittedly, it did NOT age well, it is very long, and there are no English subs.

It still is one of my childhood memories. The sheer evil the protagonist fights on the ring, outside of it and most importantly within himself, always with his life on the line... huge bloody drama.

>>153919034
Beaten by his overconfidence, he felt he needed no partners.
>>
>>153918961
When they grabbed him, I thought they'd simply double suplex Billy - but no, it was a piledriver. Onto those rocks.

Ouch.
>>
>>153919034
I was kinda hoping he would sit on that chair watching them like a boss. But too bad.
>>
>>153919699
He couldn't, even if he wanted to, it was damaged.
>>
>fight to the death in the middle of buttfuck nowhere
>and now, let us switch to some comfy naoto's daily life

We know who's gonna win in the end, right?
>>
>>153918945
Not really- Odin was "simply" still hurt unlike Takuma and Kevin.

And Tiger's Den started reforming already back in the original series: now they are trying to be even more "legit" makes sense they'd keep their word on anybody getting out of Hell in the Hole being pardoned

>>153919246
I don't quite agree it didn't age well.
It was really dynamic and the plot kept going forward all time.
Its main problems are the really dated animation and art-style, so somebody who cannot into older series isn't likely to get into it
>>
>>153919919
>And Tiger's Den started reforming already back in the original series
This is a good point. We usually think at the same Tiger's Den that raised Naoto Date, but even they managed to realize there must be a better way.

Seeing them abandoning certain barbaric practices in favor of a more scientific approach to training was... surreal.
>>
>>153920119
it was really interesting and realistic: they were in for THE MONEY not for the evulz, so why should they stick to old methods if there are better ones?

IIRC they stated the average quality of the wrestlers in the new method was slightly lower(though they still got better-than-average fighters once in a while on the same ratio than before), but they made MANY more which meant they had a greater return- it's one of the things I didn't like of Tiger Mask II, it had a briefly resurrected Tiger's Den back to their ineffective primitive systems
>>
>>153919074

to be fair we had 5 episodes of filler will little action before this
>>
>>153920406
DBS is like 90% filler.
>>
>>153919811
Taiga masuku too stronk, purisu nerufu!
>>
>>153917035
That was a great episode. Tiger the Third seems like a pretty good character, evil with class and isn't an idiotic powerhouse wrestler like Red Death Mask. It's also great how we're finally being shown Takuma's side of the story too, even having that cold side to him despite being the current focus.
>>
>>153922012
>isn't an idiotic powerhouse wrestler

Did you not see him wreck that robot while Takuma and Kevin could barely do anything to it?
>>
>>153922012
>>153922120
And he totally isn't the yellow devil both tigers are searching.
>>
>>153922120
I mean he's a powerhouse but also seemingly smart unlike most of the other strong wrestlers who are all cocky and sound like grunts. Based off the things he's been saying during the HitH episodes he seems like an observant character with good judging abilities on other wrestlers. He was dodging that killing machine's attacks without his hands before making his move with what looked like a pretty organised approach imo. The only worrying thing is that all this might end up redundant if he gets smashed by Takuma or Naoto in a single episode as if it was just another fight of the week but so far it's looking better than that.
>>
I also really liked that Terminator reference there. Is that franchise popular in Japan?
>>
>>153922561
Maybe, Arnold Schwarzenegger was big in the old days, he did a lot of weird jap commercials
>>
>>153922561
I don't know but Kenny Omega recently had an entrance dressed like Terminator:

https://youtu.be/za1HrhJkFZU

So if anything it's fresh in the minds of Japanese wrestling fans.
>>
Leave Red Death Mask to me.
>>
not enough Haruna this episode desu
>>
>>153925829
>>
Fuck you, Kevin.
>>
Leave Yellow Devil to me
>>
Kevin has really grown on me. It's pretty obvious that from this point on he's going to be in it until the end with Takuma.
>>
>>153920119
As a person who only started watching Tiger Mask when W started, I gotta wonder how it feels for fans of the older stuff like you to see a continuation in this day and age
>>
>>153919154
Apparently, it's Italy's national anime or something.
>>
>>153919811
Both of them against Yellow Devil?
>>
>>153928136
First it was "Oh god no, not an horrible remake!"
Then it was "This is Better Than Expected"
And currently is "FUCK YEAH! ...but NewNaoto isn't really a good main character"

>>153928879
No, we only got it in almost continuous re-runs for around twenty years.
Basically, most current Italian wrestlers started because of it, with the idea Pro Wrestling is the natural successor of Freestyle Wrestling, with WWE\WWF\WWWhatever being just a show.
>>
>>153929703
I'd be pissed if Takuma gets fucked over in the end. He's being a better MC than MC right now.
>>
>>153930020
Naoto is WAAAAAAAAAAAAY too vanilla. And given his father-figure is getting better, he shouldn't still be that angry.

Frankly, there has been no reason for Natoto to become a Tiger, unlike Takuma
>>
>>153928879
Jokes on you, over here we got a narrator voice-over in polish over the italian dub, that's how I watched the original as a kid
>>
>>153930539
I feel sorry for you
>>
>>153930020
I'm feeling that the story is going to put face to face Naoto and Takuma again, but this time Takuma is going to win, fight Yellow devil, get rekt, reveal to Naoto that Tiger the Dark is Takuma, and then Tiger vs Yellow Devil
>>
>>153930666
Why would you, it's a really nice childhood memory, I mean all anime in the 90s were airing with narrator instead of dubbing over here, with either french, italian or japanese voice over as a base
>>
File: Best girl.png (630KB, 620x744px) Image search: [Google]
Best girl.png
630KB, 620x744px
>>153925829
reminder
>>
>>153918729
*presses F to pay respects*
>>
So is Blackout what happens when The Shield does a fusion dance
>>
>>
>>153934466

Yep, he dead.
>>
>>153935343
Not with the power of SUPER SCIENCE.
>>
>>153933784
He looked sort of like Kevin Nash to me.
>>
This show would be better without Naoto.
>>
>>153930083

See you say that but it applies to Takuma just as much if not more so. Dude joined a crazy wrestle cult when his pop wasn't even dead.
>>
>Billy was the one to take out RDM
>Odin got a happy end
>Kevin didnt fucking die

im glad this show surprised me
>>
File: harunacool.jpg (91KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
harunacool.jpg
91KB, 1280x720px
>This episode

The show is great.Super enjoyable.
>>
>>153930788
>I'm feeling that the story is going to put face to face Naoto and Takuma again, but this time Takuma is going to win
Absolutely.

It's going to be a tag match with Kevin, Tiger Mask has no designated tag partner and this is an opportunity to talk about the power of friendship - and we all know how much Toei loves it.

>fight Yellow devil, get rekt, reveal to Naoto that Tiger the Dark is Takuma, and then Tiger vs Yellow Devil
Most importantly Takuma and Naoto could talk about the elephant in the room - or the tiger at the gates, I guess: Tiger's Den.

>>153918961
>>153938722
>>153930083
Tiger the Dark exists in this show because Toei didn't want a Tiger Mask that wasn't full on vanilla babyface to join NJPW and be a safe idol for the kids. Toei does a ton of kids shows

Cue an opportunity to get a revenge-filled, long-haired scarred man in an edgy costume, relatively more open to the idea of doing whatever it takes to win, that somehow manages to appeal to both rebellious adolescents WITHOUT leaving the fans of the original series with a bad taste on their mouth

Maybe Takuma is the protagonist, but not the point of view character...

>>153928879
Sorta, but I would say Lupin III is still a far better candidate for Italy's national anime, if there is one, even though it has a far wider international audience

I mean, Lupin III part IV was set in Italy and San Marino, and aired in Italy before it did in Japan, for crying out loud.

Both TM and Lupin have of course a sizable, historical domestic following in Japan - without which we wouldn't have gotten these latest sequels - so the idea of a national anime that is somehow exclusive to one Western country has its limits

>>153929703
>most current Italian wrestlers started because of it, with the idea Pro Wrestling is the natural successor of Freestyle Wrestling, with WWE\WWF\WWWhatever being just a show
Catch wrestling is where pro-wrestling got its submission holds, and many of the original wrestlers, from
>>
File: mpv-shot0010.jpg (91KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
mpv-shot0010.jpg
91KB, 1280x720px
>>153919811
>zoom up to pretty nurse
>and now, let us switch to this fat fuck
>>
>>153941562

remove nurse
>>
File: mpv-shot0560.jpg (157KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
mpv-shot0560.jpg
157KB, 1280x720px
Wrestle Math
>>
File: A.jpg (46KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
A.jpg
46KB, 1280x720px
>>153942779
WRESTLE MAAAATHS
>>
File: mpv-shot0565.jpg (150KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
mpv-shot0565.jpg
150KB, 1280x720px
JESUS ARNOLD CHRIST!!
>>
We got a fucking comedian here.
>>
>taken out that easy
Letto dess masuku was lame as fuck.
>>
When are we getting more Spring Tiger?

That was one of my favorite episodes.
>>
Wtf I love Odin now
>>
>>153945247
She'll hopefully get a grudge match against Miss X near the finale. Beyond that, no idea.
Thread posts: 77
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.